Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Aren't there meaningless early exit polls or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 59 minutes!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I completely agree that the youth vote is much more difficult to mobilize than the black vote. I also agree that the party is heading in the right direction with this issue. However, it does disappointment me seeing so many people become so dismissive on the idea of expanding the voter pool of the party, especially for the tons of apathetic voters who overwhelmingly lean to the left. To me I find this, Sanders will lose the election if nominated and you are stupid for voting for him, and the lowered expectations are the quarks of Hillary supporters as much as "revolution or die" and "stupid low information minoritiy voters" are with Sanders supporters.

It's very frustrating to me.

No it wasn't just because Obama was black. Black turnout for these primaries will likely be high too if SC is anything to go by.

It was, lmao.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Homework Explainer posted:

can a primary result come in already so this thread stops talking about bush v. loving gore

Why would anybody want to gently caress Al Gore?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh god, where in Ohio?
Columbus. He's talking now.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

It was, lmao.

Considering the Clintons extreme pull with the black vote I don't really think so.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
DWS on MSNBC right now trying to say she's neutral

lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation

Venom Snake posted:

Considering the Clintons extreme pull with the black vote I don't really think so.

If you think black voters will show up for Hillary at the same rate as they did for Obama... Boy!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

LOL Trump rally in Ohio today. They're not even voting!

Hope Kasich is ready to get stumped in his home state.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

If you think black voters will show up for Hillary at the same rate as they did for Obama... Boy!

They did in SC :smug:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

EugeneJ posted:

DWS on MSNBC right now trying to say she's neutral

lol

I'd take 8 years of Clinton as president before I took one more day of her running the DNC. God she is so loving terrible at everything.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation

Venom Snake posted:

They did in SC :smug:

Turnout was down 16% from 2008.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

DWS is really bad at answering easy questions holy poo poo

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

tranime scholar posted:

I'd take 8 years of Clinton as president before I took one more day of her running the DNC. God she is so loving terrible at everything.

Even Andrea Mitchell just called her out for lying about DNC voter turnout being up

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Huge rush to buy Hillary shares in CO and OK today on PredictIt

Some early exit polls out?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Vox Nihili posted:

Turnout was down 16% from 2008.

Let's forget for a moment that Primary turnout isn't reflective of general election turnout.

The 2008 primary was as politically charged and competitive as any primary can really be. This one isn't even close, no matter what Bernie supporters (myself included) had originally thought.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation

GrimGypsy posted:

DWS is really bad at answering easy questions holy poo poo

It's almost like she's an empty suit placed in her position for strategic purposes rather than competence.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

People voting for Donald Trump in todays Super Tuesday Texas Primary are seeing their ballots changed to show a vote for Marco Rubio.

Numerous callers flooded Austin-based radio station KLBJ this morning with reports of mistakes after they tried to vote for Trump.

According to KLBJ, computer freezeups and other glitches are causing voting snafus at locations all around Travis County.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Let's forget for a moment that Primary turnout isn't reflective of general election turnout.

The 2008 primary was as politically charged and competitive as any primary can really be. This one isn't even close, no matter what Bernie supporters (myself included) had originally thought.

Black turnout will be WAY down in the general. There's absolutely no question about it, it's incredibly obvious, and I'm willing to take bets on it.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Fast Luck posted:

People voting for Donald Trump in todays Super Tuesday Texas Primary are seeing their ballots changed to show a vote for Marco Rubio.

Numerous callers flooded Austin-based radio station KLBJ this morning with reports of mistakes after they tried to vote for Trump.

According to KLBJ, computer freezeups and other glitches are causing voting snafus at locations all around Travis County.

With Cruz, you never lose :unsmigghh:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Huh perhaps black people will turnout to support Hillary in the same numbers as they did to defend the first African American President... *puts on my Big Thinking cap*

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

It's almost like she's an empty suit placed in her position for strategic purposes rather than competence.

Remember the only reason DWS still has a job is because when Obama tried to get her removed, she threatened to call him a Jew-hating sexist

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

On top of that it wasn't really a competitive primary. And 16% down is still a major improvement from where it was pre-Obama.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Let's forget that Primary turnout isn't reflective of general election turnout.

The 2008 primary was as politically charged and competitive as any primary can really be. This one isn't, no matter what Bernie supporters (myself included) had originally thought.

Largely because in the general third party groups and the local and national parties will be spearheading turnout drives in a way they do not attempt to do in primaries.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Huh perhaps black people will turnout to support Hillary in the same numbers as they did to defend the first African American President... *puts on my Big Thinking cap*

Why do people forget that Bill Clinton was the first black president?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

Black turnout will be WAY down in the general. There's absolutely no question about it, it's incredibly obvious, and I'm willing to take bets on it.

What is your evidence for this considering Obama has gone on the record saying he will be actively campaigning for the nominee. Also the fact that the GOP will be running it's most racist candidate in a long time.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've never heard anyone say anything good about Debbie Wasserman Schultz, why is she still chair

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phlegmish posted:

I've never heard anyone say anything good about Debbie Wasserman Schultz, why is she still chair

It's a job nobody wants

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Is Hillary causing an increase in women voters?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Venom Snake posted:

It's a job nobody wants

This isn't true, she just is not going to be replaced mid cycle. Should be someone new next year.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
You are telling me turnout is low in a non competitive election?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Despera posted:

You are telling me turnout is low in a non competitive election?

And increased in a batshit bloodbath one? :aaa:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
MSNBC just said Trump mentioned during today's rally that black unemployment rates are unacceptable and he has a plan to fix it

His move to the left begins

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Cnn headline : Trump: Little Marco says I have small hands

What a time to be alive

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

punk rebel ecks posted:

Sanders4President is certainly niche. And again most people don't know what Reddit is. Also I think you mean 25 million per month.

you cited traffic stats for a single subreddit instead of reddit as a whole, idiot

https://www.reddit.com/about/ ~225 million unique visitors for february

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Pretty sure that once Bill Clinton, the Obama family, Warren, and Sanders are all doing "get out the vote or trump will kill you" campaigns, that turnout will be okay.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
I can't wait until Hillary CRUSH and humiliate Bern in a total victory! That should teach those young punks not to mess with their elders :smug: Face it, it's definitely her turn!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation

Venom Snake posted:

What is your evidence for this considering Obama has gone on the record saying he will be actively campaigning for the nominee. Also the fact that the GOP will be running it's most racist candidate in a long time.

If you need me to explain why black voters were more excited about Obama than they will ever be for Clinton then you're beyond help.

I'm not saying there isn't a general upward trend of black voter participation, which is good, but it's about to fall off a cliff for 2016 compared to the last two Presidential elections.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Rubio staffer "certain" that he will win MN tonight.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Luckyellow posted:

I can't wait until Hillary CRUSH and humiliate Bern in a total victory! That should teach those young punks not to mess with their elders :smug: Face it, it's definitely her turn!

Should teach them to vote, but I doubt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

EugeneJ posted:

MSNBC just said Trump mentioned during today's rally that black unemployment rates are unacceptable and he has a plan to fix it

His move to the left begins

Slavery certainly reduces unemployment.

Shimrra Jamaane has issued a correction as of 19:11 on Mar 1, 2016

• Locked thread