Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:barf:

quote:

Also somebody wrote this as a reason as to WHY we couldn't and shouldn't be allowed to give potions & draughts to other players. We can do that now in this patch.

This is cool and something the game needed for awhile, I used this feature so much in L4D2. Although it will probably not be good anytime you end up in a game with Item Micro People.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I'm still getting up to speed on using potions more frequently, sharing poo poo will be pretty helpful.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Don't know if anyone has it, but oh my loving god the Star of Sisterhood trinket is perhaps the most OP thing in the game.

I put it on myself and two bots and we share a huge HP pool. We all use regrowth and we take like no damage. It's unreal.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 26, 2016

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Lunethex posted:

Don't know if anyone has it, but oh my loving god the Star of Sisterhood trinket is perhaps the most OP thing in the game.

I put it on myself and two bots and we share a huge HP pool. We all use regrowth and we take like no damage. It's unreal.

Wait. Do bandages heal based on the amount missing from that huge pool? If so hot drat.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The health gained is minimal because the HP bar is so big. I can only imagine how unstoppable 4 good players would be with it. You can just wade into anything with impunity and you never would have to worry about health items because anyone can drink or patch up and it's cool.

edit.

Instead of double posting, I found this just now.

My life is complete. Well it will be when I can make it look like the red one :v:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 26, 2016

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i havent played in 3 weeks. any idea on when the new stuff gets releaseD?

also will some goons play with me tonight after 1030 pm im gonna be less than 100% due to certain factors so maybe play on hard so i dont kill u with my arrows?!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Mode is okay but difficulty is kind of slow to ramp up and there just plain isn't enough reward to make it more than a one-and-done. Sure I can get rocks a bit faster but I'm rolling for trinkets, hats and reds while doing missions and (this is important) having more fun because I'm playing missions. I already have every single achievement I can get from the public beta after one run. Why do I want to come back?

whitey delenda est posted:

Repeater handgun
sword/shield

:colbert:

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 27, 2016

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I like endless but yeah the risk reward ratio is a bit scatter brained. How does the reward work on higher difficulties?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

On Heroic if you survive for about an hour and a half you'll get 100~ orange rocks. There's already a great hiding spot you can just cheese the hell out of it so it turns it into a boring grind with the pubbies. I almost wish the beam staff was nerfed because there are so many nerds who stand far back (and will die of course, don't get me wrong) and don't really support the team in the horde.

But for the sake of killing Skaven, this is awesome.

I don't know if anyone else is suffering from it but I had that crash two more times in the day. This time it reloaded my game and spawned me in the map without my group and everyone was moving around warp speed and the screen was choppy as gently caress. Didn't black screen that time. Really have no idea what's causing it.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Am I right in thinking that Hail of Doom is gonna be pretty useless on a beam staff?

Also, what's with the hold-right-left-click move you can do with that thing? Does that do extra damage to a single target or something?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
yes

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Hail of Doom isn't entirely useless on beam. The beam does a tick of damage when it hits. The hail of doom doubles that. The Hold right + left click does some extra damage but I don't rely on it. It's weird.

Also I have some weird loving bug in last stand where I just lose movement speed overtime. I start moving super slow even on speed potion and I can't understand is. Pissing me right the gently caress off too.

Even using the orange move trinket I still drop to this same speed.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 27, 2016

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Lunethex posted:

Hail of Doom isn't entirely useless on beam. The beam does a tick of damage when it hits. The hail of doom doubles that. The Hold right + left click does some extra damage but I don't rely on it. It's weird.

The right+left click move is great for popping Stormvermin/special heads a bit faster, but it generates a bunch of heat. I mainly use it when people with better special-killers are busy and I need to help murder a patrol or something, or if I see a special behind us first and want to kill it without lagging behind too much.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

This video was really interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtPxba8nBxg
I had no idea that different hits could hit different amounts of skaven and even doing different damage. They should really explain some of this stuff, the weapon bars are useless.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Tagichatn posted:

This video was really interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtPxba8nBxg
I had no idea that different hits could hit different amounts of skaven and even doing different damage. They should really explain some of this stuff, the weapon bars are useless.

On the other hand, one of the reasons that they don't explain this type of thing is because it drives community participation/building and videos like this.

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!
Oh wow I'm really interested in that document now. I wonder if the 1H hammer + shield is the same as the 2H hammer just on a smaller scale?

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

I've mentioned it in the thread before (under the old name Vermintide Utility) but http://www.verminguide.com has the item damage per swing of each type of weapon, the trait combinations available to each weapon, and the HP of rats by difficulty. I'd really rather have it in a raw table instead of this... 'layout', but the info is there. It doesn't have the # of targets hit by each, but that was somewhere on the vermintide reddit if you care to sift through that.

Honestly, # of rats hit by attacks really doesn't matter for much of anything anyway. Got a hammer? Just keep knocking rats around until they're all knocked out. Got a sword? Keep chopping rats until they're all chopped. With the iffiness of combining the 0 damage hits with the headshots as extra damage, and then the differing 'arcs' of each character's version of a weapon :psyduck:, if you're really worried about the number of rats you're headshotting for 1 damage instead of 0, you should probably take a break from the game. Otherwise: Happy ratslaying!

Syrnn fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 29, 2016

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

New Vermintide beta patch: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vermintest#announcements/detail/907844634149743075
They made last stand harder and nerfed the beam staff. It doesn't look like they increased rewards though, maybe in the next patch?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
What's a good weapon set for Kruber?

I got an orange Hagsomething Bow last night.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

:lol: they specifically mentioned it was nerfed against the Rat Ogre :lol:

I laugh now but they will most definitely be nerfing my beloved Hagbane next, and that will be extremely terrifying. I've found an awesome Swiftbow set up to use, but the Hagbane...ugh...that get's nerfed that really ruins the elf overall. That's like 60% of her strength in that weapon. I bet all the apologists would come out of the woodwork for that, but maybe they all believe it's still poo poo compared to the Trueflight. I never see anyone else using it. Hopefully.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

What's a good weapon set for Kruber?

I got an orange Hagsomething Bow last night.

All of Kruber's weapons are Good except the one-handed stuff. There's really no reason to choose those over shields. Shields accomplish everything and more and still have access to similar perk set ups. Also if you get a shield with Regrowth on charge attack and maybe swift slaying, you're basically unkillable. You hit so many enemies at once and you push them all back.

Claymore and Hammer are difficult to master but equally fun. The real skill comes when using the hammer to properly light attack and pulp the heads of every single rat that comes at you, aside from the clan rat waves. You've really got to mix it up with his ranged weapons too in all cases.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 1, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Lunethex posted:

All of Kruber's weapons are Good except the one-handed stuff. There's really no reason to choose those over shields. Shields accomplish everything and more and still have access to similar perk set ups. Also if you get a shield with Regrowth on charge attack and maybe swift slaying, you're basically unkillable. You hit so many enemies at once and you push them all back.

Claymore and Hammer are difficult to master but equally fun. The real skill comes when using the hammer to properly light attack and pulp the heads of every single rat that comes at you, aside from the clan rat waves. You've really got to mix it up with his ranged weapons too in all cases.

How about the ranged stuff? The shotgun seems kind of lacking.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
just use the rifle/areqebus/handgun

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Don't bother with the repeater. Handgun is useful in every situation and you need to make headshots on Stormvermin and other specials a lot of the time. The blunderbuss is decent but needs Hail of Doom. The red one is actually drat good because it's the only blunderbuss that can come with the 15% chance to count every hit as a headshot, and also has hail of doom.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I am a big fan of Kruber's two-handed hammer. It is easily my favorite melee weapon in the game because it just does so much. Regular attacks pulp single targets and charged attacks knock over entire waves of skaven. It even ignores armor regardless of which attack is used. His ranged weapons are more of a toss-up for me. Personally, I like the repeater handgun (a lot of that is probably simply the traits on mine), but the handgun is also very good. I haven't touched the coach gun since release so can't comment on it. I don't remember it being all that great though.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

The harquebus is probably the best gun in the game. Finally rolled Mastercrafted on mine, and with 50% faster reload I can basically solo stormvermin patrols on nightmare.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
So in the patch tonight they seem to have removed ALL health/potions/bombs from last stand except from the rare occurrence when they appear in a supply drop. Not too sure on the reasoning for that except they hate people having fun?!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Guess if you don't have good Regrowth/Bloodlust you can get hosed!

But to be fair, they probably did that on accident.

Wouldn't surprise me :v:

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Safety Factor posted:

I am a big fan of Kruber's two-handed hammer. It is easily my favorite melee weapon in the game because it just does so much. Regular attacks pulp single targets and charged attacks knock over entire waves of skaven. It even ignores armor regardless of which attack is used. His ranged weapons are more of a toss-up for me. Personally, I like the repeater handgun (a lot of that is probably simply the traits on mine), but the handgun is also very good. I haven't touched the coach gun since release so can't comment on it. I don't remember it being all that great though.

I love using Kruber's 2h hammer to stun lock stormvermin with the charged swings . His 1h sword is disappointing compared to the 1h mace shield imo.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Blunderbuss is definitely there as a breaching weapon: enter a room first and it's full of rats? Fire one off before you start swinging. I've got Distraction on my blunderbuss, which sounds fantastic, but I basically can't justify missing out on the range of either of the other ranged weapons. I guess if you know your teammates have their poo poo together as elf or wiz, go for it?

Handgun is handgun. Bang, dead rat. Mastercraft it. If you read the thread, you know the drill.

Repeater Handgun is my favourite pairing with sword/shield. It does a decent job killing specials, but really shines in just clearing clanrats on the move, saving everyone a hell of a lot of time. With a potion of either stripe it does well against ogre too, but I wouldn't count on it for Stormvermin. It really depends on traits, for certain, but I have never looked back from what it came loaded with: rupture, skullcracker, and (less important by far) haste.

As for the 1h weapons, I don't think they're ~*useless*~, but they are definitely not what is unique to what the character brings to the table. The 1h mace is in effect the Elf dual daggers with some knockback, so I kind of like it. It's much, much faster than the mace on mace/shield. Give it devastating blow, killing blow, and regrowth and you've got a pretty handy weapon. Definitely best paired with the Repeater for that extra wave clear. The 1h sword is exactly the wizard's 1h sword and you don't have those feathers in your hat so you can swing some stunty knife. Go with the Greatsword.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Lunethex posted:

I laugh now but they will most definitely be nerfing my beloved Hagbane next, and that will be extremely terrifying.

Yeah, I'm surprised that they nerfed the Beam Staff first. Good Hagbane elfs make me (a Beam wizard) basically useless against the ogre by comparison.

I'm hoping I can still stunlock Stormvermin, at least with my master-crafted staff. I'm ok with not being able to stunlock the entire patrol though (which I've managed to do before).

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I'd be cool with them nerfing the bean staff if any of the other staffs were remotely worth using in comparison

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Metrohunter posted:

I'd be cool with them nerfing the bean staff if any of the other staffs were remotely worth using in comparison

I don't have much experience with Fireball or Conflag, but the Bolt staff is loving awesome too (although you probably want one with Targeter to make the primary fire useful). It's not as good in Nightmare/Cata because both modes do friendly fire, but holy poo poo that bolt does ridiculous damage. You can easily take out multiple Stormvermin in one shot if you line it up right.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Wow they took out every single item littered about the field in the Last Stand mode.

Even better I'm noticing 4 specials per spawn now.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 1, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Man this game is fun but it has the same problems as Left4Dead where you make it to the safe house only to have one guy get caught, go out to save him and then everybody gets killed. Except its way way worse than L4D, because winning gets you loot and failing doesn't. So its more like Payday2, but even more frustrating.

I kinda wish there was a way to play with fewer than 4 people and have the difficulty scale. Bots seem pretty dumb and pubbies are even dumber.

Is there any way to tell a bot to pick up a tome or give you the health kit he has or something? Because that's kind of a big deal.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Avenging Dentist posted:

I don't have much experience with Fireball or Conflag, but the Bolt staff is loving awesome too (although you probably want one with Targeter to make the primary fire useful). It's not as good in Nightmare/Cata because both modes do friendly fire, but holy poo poo that bolt does ridiculous damage. You can easily take out multiple Stormvermin in one shot if you line it up right.

the main perk of the bolt staff is actually to chug a speed potion and become vegeta for 8 seconds

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Zaphod42 posted:

Man this game is fun but it has the same problems as Left4Dead where you make it to the safe house only to have one guy get caught, go out to save him and then everybody gets killed. Except its way way worse than L4D, because winning gets you loot and failing doesn't. So its more like Payday2, but even more frustrating.

I kinda wish there was a way to play with fewer than 4 people and have the difficulty scale. Bots seem pretty dumb and pubbies are even dumber.

Is there any way to tell a bot to pick up a tome or give you the health kit he has or something? Because that's kind of a big deal.

Bots are dumb, but are savants at melee combat. Playing with bots is more about learning to herd them towards the end, while they kill everything around you. You just need to take care of the specials so they don't flip out.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Metrohunter posted:

the main perk of the bolt staff is actually to chug a speed potion and become vegeta for 8 seconds

That's cool too, but the bolt itself is great, provided you're not doing a corridor crawl.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Great they hosed with attack ranges too and they're making rats home in on another lunging attack. Nothing I love more than taking critical damage from the front.

Also my overall character speed is still dropping after 15 or so waves. I even revive people slower. That can't be a feature because it only happens to a few people.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 1, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Skandranon posted:

Bots are dumb, but are savants at melee combat. Playing with bots is more about learning to herd them towards the end, while they kill everything around you. You just need to take care of the specials so they don't flip out.

I played all the way through a level only to get grabbed by one of the dragger rats at the very end, then had to sit there and watch as the bots did nothing and the pubbies did nothing.

Map awareness? Whats that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Zaphod42 posted:

I played all the way through a level only to get grabbed by one of the dragger rats at the very end, then had to sit there and watch as the bots did nothing and the pubbies did nothing.

Map awareness? Whats that?

You have to supply the map awareness for bots. There is nothing that can be done for pubbies.

• Locked thread