Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The alternative is the 100% chance of losing my health insurance and personally dying, unfortunately :shrug:

EDIT: Still frustrating not to have better choices, of course.

Yeah. And I totally understand this frustration. Maybe I'm jaded, but a group of people not voting or voting for some third party candidate is not going to fix the current problem. What will happen is a republican will win and the DNC's lesson learned will be "clearly, we need to move to the right, since thats where the voters are."

The way to change the DNC is to not give up this movement after the election. Support Bernie Sanders as far as he can make it, then if (when) he concedes to Hillary, hold your nose and vote for her. Then, after she is elected president, stay vocal and get out there and vote more. Vote in the mid terms. Organize political movements. Go make yourself be heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Besides, if Hillary gets the nom, then America's getting a Republican president no matter how you slice it :shrug:

edit: also, if you're actually trying to convince Bernie supporters to vote for Hillary in the general, then maybe being a condescending dick isn't the way to do it, cuz chances are pretty good that you'll just further entrench the "Bernie or Bust" crowd (of which I'm a part). Perhaps it'd help to actually try and understand why they might feel that way rather than calling them babies.

It doesn't really matter why you are misrepresenting your beliefs in Bernie's platform. The "gently caress Hillary" party is taking place on the other side of the aisle. Perhaps you need directions to find it?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nanomashoes posted:

Based on my survey of GBS 95% of SA's userbase is gay and therefore has tons to lose.

Man you really know a lot about GBS :hehe:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Kucinich is a cool dude who will forever be a punchline and that's a bummer.

How

Suicide booths. You know it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

I just remembered that Bush, Rubio and Cruz are all pledged to endorse Trump after he wins the nomination.

Forgot about this lol, can't wait for the cruz endorsement.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The thing to remember is that Bernie and Hillary are not enemies. They are two people competing for the same position, but they don't hate each other. Hell, just look at how the debates have been. There are some barbs thrown back and forth, but it's been very affable for the most part. Compare that to the GOP's debates where these guys seem to legitimately loving hate each other.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

well you see the current system is imperfect therefore by deleting it entirely and replacing it with libertarian cash-only hospitals you are deleting those imperfections and making it more perfect.

furthermore,

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Crazy idea: Vote for the candidate who most closely represents your views. gently caress anyone who tries to shame you for it. It's not your duty to vote for the Democrat every time.

You know, some people even vote for the Republican! In fact, just about half the country does. I bet you even know a few yourself.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Kucinich is a cool dude who will forever be a punchline and that's a bummer.

How

Repeal and replace, and allow insurance providers to compete with one another across state lines. Free market competition will reduce waste. Of course, we can't let people die in the streets. America isn't great if we're letting people die in the streets, is it? No. We'll take care of people and we'll do it for a fair price.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
#CruzCrew

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cnut the Great posted:

Crazy idea: Vote for the candidate who most closely represents your views. gently caress anyone who tries to shame you for it. It's not your duty to vote for the Democrat every time.

You know, some people even vote for the Republican! In fact, just about half the country does. I bet you even know a few yourself.

Yeah, but in the general you should vote for what would do the most good. And unless Trump and Clinton both die the day of the election, voting third party or voting green or not voting isn't doing anyone any good.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Cnut the Great posted:

people who vote according to their views are fine, accelerationists and sore losers on the other hand...

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

crazy cloud posted:

Oh and BTW today we move into the "trump is the presumptive nominee" phase of the campaign. I called this poo poo earlier than anyone and I love the timeline we are in most dearly. Welcome to hell, friends :toot:

:toot: :toot: :toot:

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah. And I totally understand this frustration. Maybe I'm jaded, but a group of people not voting or voting for some third party candidate is not going to fix the current problem.

I look forward to voting for a third party candidate the second we ditch FPTP.

Ironically, even my lifelong hard-core straight-party-ticket Republican family members support proportional representation and transitioning to a public-funding-only electoral set-up, which fascinates me. Makes you wonder what else is lurking under the hood of the American electorate but just isn't up for discussion right now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Obamacare is now keeping a good number of my chronically ill friends alive, and I'll vote for anyone who keeps it safe and by extension keeps them safe. Sorry if that's not ideologically pure enough for someone whose friends aren't suffering.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Mordiceius posted:

The thing to remember is that Bernie and Hillary are not enemies. They are two people competing for the same position, but they don't hate each other. Hell, just look at how the debates have been. There are some barbs thrown back and forth, but it's been very affable for the most part. Compare that to the GOP's debates where these guys seem to legitimately loving hate each other.

No one owns your vote, and it's not a moral responsibility to vote for bad candidates.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Brannock posted:

a couple years ago I had to drive down to tennessee for a fencing tournament, and one thing I noticed was how smooth the roads are down south

the Midwest is a mess of bumpy, potholed roads and, much as I dislike Kasich, it is actually a point in his favor that Ohio's roads are smooth

Driving Detroit->Toledo this is particularly striking, and hilarious.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

itsgotmetoo posted:

No one owns your vote, and it's not a moral responsibility to vote for bad candidates.

It must be nice to not have to think of anyone but yourself and vote selfishly.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

so loving future posted:

Driving Detroit->Toledo this is particularly striking, and hilarious.

And then you hit Pennsylvania and it goes back to poo poo again.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/704765358335340544

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

"Play the game by my rules!!!!111 <angry tantrum>"

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Goddammit Marco you stupid robot.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

wish i could isolate the laugh from this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ2q9NmYf6g&t=16s

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Mordiceius posted:

One of the many things this cycle that make me glad to be a Democrat.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Protest voting seems to be working for the GOP

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

:cripes:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

If Bernie can't get people to vote for him it's a problem with Bernie

If Hillary can't get people to vote for her it's THOSE drat BERNIEBROS! PETULANT loving CHILDREN!

The hottest of takes

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Fox News' front page, with no context provided:

Who will be top loser? I want the gay one!

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Are Rubio's children writing these lines for him? jesus

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Happy Day of Lavos, as March 1st will be known from now as, everyone

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

itsgotmetoo posted:

You also shouldn't pretend to not be a massive hypocrite while doing so. You are not being principled. You are just a victim of the cult of personality .

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Lord of Pie posted:

If Hillary can't get people to vote for her it's THOSE drat BERNIEBROS! PETULANT loving CHILDREN!

The hottest of takes

Lol berniebros don't vote. Nice try though

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Mordiceius posted:

Enjoy your battered spouse syndrome.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Lord of Pie posted:

The hottest of takes

this but unironically.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Lord of Pie posted:

The hottest of takes

it seems like shes having quite a bit of success getting people to vote for her

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

pathetic little tramp posted:

Completely irrelevant to how awesome Kucinich is politically, the dude is 5'4 or something and his wife is basically a supermodel so you know a dude like that has got to have some confidence like whoa.

or a dick like woah

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Vote for Bernie in the primaries and the Democrat in the general, all.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

itsgotmetoo posted:

Both Clinton and Sanders are good candidates, hth.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
I just got home, did I miss anything hilarious?

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

poty posted:

What's wrong with you

I consistently want a progressive president?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Winkie01 posted:

I just got home, did I miss anything hilarious?

Rubio called Donald Trump CON-ald Trump.

So, YES

• Locked thread