Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Tykero posted:

I have like fifty-something premium tabs because I'm bad with money and have a mancrush on Chris Wilson of Grinding Gear Games

Edit: I can't decide between an Earthquake Berserker or a Frost Trap Saboteur. Both look really cool. I'd kinda prefer the Frost Trapper as a first character because it would be easier to gear, except I can't come up with a build with reasonable health and defenses on that side of the tree while still getting the trap nodes I want.

I'm having trouble with it too, original plan was Eva/Dodge and Queen of the Forest and run fast but don't think I'm going to get the evasion needed too reach the 12.5k minimum you need to start gaining move speed.

Current plan is just going Iron Reflexes and using an Energised Armour jewel and some evasion nodes to hopefully get a big total, but they both require going blood magic just to get 200% hp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

panda clue posted:

you can buy a premium tab bundle for less than it costs to get a meal at a fast food restaurant

if you can't afford that then how the gently caress do you have internet let alone a computer?
When you're too young to be allowed a debit card or paypal account, buying things online is hard

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Infinite Monkeys posted:

When you're too young to be allowed a debit card or paypal account, buying things online is hard

Ya gotta say. Being a kid without a job and parents who don't like giving you money randomly has to suck in a free to play world. Yea you get a game but you miss out on some nice poo poo. Where as when I was a kid mommy and daddy spent 40-60 bucks on my game and I got all of the features or anything else In it and that was it.

And being someone who has 60 premium tabs on their new account and had 50 on the banned one. I would be fine with giving f2p cheapskates a taste and convert one of their 4 tabs to premium.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Please tell me I'm misinterpreting the Perandus description and we aren't going to have to smash every 'nondescript box, crate and vault' we see in order to get coins.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Vulpes posted:

Please tell me I'm misinterpreting the Perandus description and we aren't going to have to smash every 'nondescript box, crate and vault' we see in order to get coins.

It looks like coins mostly come out of those special swaggy looking lockboxes, I could be wrong though. Their writeup did kind of a poo poo job actually explaining the league very well.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Vulpes posted:

I thought that too but it says the boxes have guards so it should be obvious
e: Just realised I can't name stash tabs stuff like 'poo poo uniques' or 'mediocre rares' any more or people will see the name and not buy them :(

Infinite Monkeys fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 1, 2016

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
Saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEz30ErIJac
I think I'll Play an Dildo build.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

panda clue posted:

you can buy a premium tab bundle for less than it costs to get a meal at a fast food restaurant

if you can't afford that then how the gently caress do you have internet let alone a computer?

Not all of us are neckbeards who can eat $20 of fast food in one sitting.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

ImsaKidd posted:

It sure would be nice if GGG would run sales on their stash tabs.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I will never understand why so many people think that the number of poison stacks matters for what skills are good for poison. They think that Bladefall was a good poison skill because it hit multiple times so you got lots of poison stacks, not because Bladefall was a good skill that did a lot of physical damage.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

ImsaKidd posted:

GGG has just about the most generous F2P model they can have, almost no other company doesn't bury you in gambling clutter (lockboxes) or an outright pay to win structure.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
You can spend one dollar loving fifty and upgrade a basic tab to a premium tab you whiny loving babies. The amount of hyperbole over this subject is legendary.

Maybe some of these people complaining should try not being poor, cheap basement dwellers.

ImsaKidd posted:

But you ARE a huge loving baby, I'm sure you can manage it.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
but I can get nuggets for a $1.49 at burger king

which would u rather have: nuggets or a premium stash tab? the choice is simple, really...

panda clue fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 1, 2016

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

panda clue posted:

but I can get nuggets for a $1.49 at burger king

which would u rather have: nuggets or a premium stash tab? the choice is simple, really...

poo poo...

don't do this to me...

please...

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

My problem is that they changed the premium stash tab functionality after I had made the informed decision to buy regular stash tabs. This is considered fraud and I will be hiring a lawyer.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nightwisher posted:

You can spend one dollar loving fifty and upgrade a basic tab to a premium tab you whiny loving babies. The amount of hyperbole over this subject is legendary.

Maybe some of these people complaining should try not being poor, cheap basement dwellers.

Correction: You spend 15 of their madeup currency that you can only buy in $5 increments.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
five dollars? now I can buy a whopper to go with my nuggets

panda clue
May 23, 2014
the hilarious thing is if you actually had a money problem and somehow could only afford $1.50, if you emailed GGG support about it explaining your situation I am almost positive they would allow you to buy 15 points directly.

its much more fun to bitch about it, though

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

panda clue posted:

the hilarious thing is if you actually had a money problem and somehow could only afford $1.50, if you emailed GGG support about it explaining your situation I am almost positive they would allow you to buy 15 points directly.

its much more fun to bitch about it, though
Where did I bitch about it, friend?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
GGG support is cool enough they would probably just give you a single tab upgrade if you had an old enough account. Not after they announced this change though probably.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Stuntman posted:

Correction: You spend 15 of their madeup currency that you can only buy in $5 increments.

At least they're not the kind of people who do .99 pricing so you can never hope to spend all of your points.

And one point that doesn't seem to be coming up that often in this whole dramabomb is that you only need a premium stash tab to [i]sell[i/] items; purchasing other players' items with the new system doesn't require you to spend a single real cent on the game. And purchasing is by far the more important of the two for the majority of the playerbase.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

nightwisher posted:

I was just trying to make a joke that not all of us are fat fucks who gorge on $20 (OR $16.50 DURING A SALE) of fast food. I 100% love all the updates GGG is making to the system.

Sorry I made you sperg about it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Is there anyone who doesnt already have a premium tab that thinks this is okay?

Everyone thats for it is like gently caress you got mine and if you dont like pay up too

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ImsaKidd posted:

I was just trying to make a joke that not all of us are fat fucks who gorge on $20 (OR $16.50 DURING A SALE) of fast food. I 100% love all the updates GGG is making to the system.

Sorry I made you sperg about it.

And some of us dont live in a third world country, so cost of living is high :smug:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kild posted:

Everyone thats for it is like gently caress you got mine and if you dont like pay up too

Kyle, are you trying to tell me you dont have premium? This is going to have consequences.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

Kild posted:

All the old tools still work.

Edit: and benefit from several of these changes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

Kyle, are you trying to tell me you dont have premium? This is going to have consequences.

That's irrelevant.

Any new or returning player is going to offput with paygating something as essential as trading. Imagine if Lockstep was paygated.

"Hey did they ever fix trading?" "Sorta and you have to pay for it" is not a good way to get players to return of new players to join if their biggest issue is trading.

Or "Yeah theres free trading but you have to use a 3rd party tool that either spoofs your login or you outright give it to" Which they even say is something that doesn't look good to new players.

And how long will that last? What if he starts stealing login info or someone else does?

Why even go to the length of keeping it walled if you know it hurts new players and it looks shady to even use those 3rd party tools. Its not like its some limitation.

Kild fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 1, 2016

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kild posted:

That's irrelevant.

Any new or returning player is going to offput with paygating something as essential as trading. Imagine if Lockstep was paygated.

"Hey did they ever fix trading?" "Sorta and you have to pay for it" is not a good way to get players to return of new players to join if their biggest issue is trading.
Yeah, it really sucks that GGG made you unable to trade at all, post on the trade forums, or talk in trade unless you have a premium stash tab.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I actually have stash tabs (not premium) and tbh I've never been particularly bothered to set up one of the trading utilities :shrug:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stuntman posted:

Yeah, it really sucks that GGG made you unable to trade at all, post on the trade forums, or talk in trade unless you have a premium stash tab.

Yeah no one ever complained about that stuff or quit because of it. They totally did this trade update because everyone enjoyed doing that before. :jerkbag:

"Well theres free trading too, you can get ripped off in Trade 1 and see walls of spam or spend hours browsing the forums, Totally try out POE!"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'm pretty sure 80-90% of the players who actually play something other than forum warrior do not give any shits about this one way or the other

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

They made the game better but not better enough and I am so angry about this right now.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kild posted:

Yeah no one ever complained about that stuff or quit because of it. They totally did this trade update because everyone enjoyed doing that before. :jerkbag:

"Well theres free trading too, you can get ripped off in Trade 1 and see walls of spam or spend hours browsing the forums, Totally try out POE!"

You do know that most of the changes dont require premium tabs right? And we havent even heard from ggg if they plan to offer a free tab to people, which I strongly suspect they will.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Moddington posted:

They made the game better but not better enough and I am so angry about this right now.

Who is angry about it?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Kild posted:

Who is angry about it?

4chan, Reddit, and the official forums.

But I guess that's par for the course, isn't it?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kild posted:

Who is angry about it?

Reddit is having a total meltdown over it

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

You do know that most of the changes dont require premium tabs right? And we havent even heard from ggg if they plan to offer a free tab to people, which I strongly suspect they will.

There's 2 changes in the blogpost they posted and 90% of it is the public stash tabs. The other half is some API stuff to more reliably see if someone is online. I'm sure that other half is make or break unlike the first half.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Look i'll have you know that the POE reddit is wholy representative of the playerbase as a whole and not just full of spergy nerds who decry literally every single change as being bad while giving such quality game advice as "arrow dancing is bad don't take it" so if they're complaining about it over there, hoo boy what the average player must be thinking

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Couldnt you just keep using your 3rd party program to list poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Moddington posted:

4chan, Reddit, and the official forums.

But I guess that's par for the course, isn't it?

TheRat posted:

Reddit is having a total meltdown over it

Everything I see is people in favor of it or saying give a single tab. the current top post is a thank you for it so...?

• Locked thread