Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I think if you factor in how much has been spent he has more in the bank? But I'm phoneposting based on half remembered numbers so if I'm wrong that's ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Nanomashoes posted:

He's been outpacing her these last couple months. Not cumulatively.

Since we don't have actual figures for this quarter yet, you don't actually know that. You also just made a wantonly false claim about the DNC changing their rules to allow her to do something. (They changed their own rules to allow them to raise more money for their general election coffers.)

Nanomashoes posted:

I think if you factor in how much has been spent he has more in the bank? But I'm phoneposting based on half remembered numbers so if I'm wrong that's ok.

Bernie has been spending a ton of loving money; Hillary spent a lot earlier on because they had planned a national campaign, which in fairness to Bernie he really had no reason to believe in September that he needed that level of organization.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

HRC had 33 million cash on hand on January 31st, Bernie had 15 million. They've been burning through money at a comparable pace.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Bernie's campaign fundraising method isn't sustainable in the long run because it's run entirely on the morale of donors.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nanomashoes posted:

He's been outpacing her these last couple months. Not cumulatively.

Can't we get some proof in here. We haven't got any numbers in yet for this quarter and I'm not aware of any fundraising rule changes.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Logikv9 posted:

Bernie's campaign fundraising method isn't sustainable in the long run because it's run entirely on the morale of donors.

Well it's more like an addiction now

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Venom Snake posted:

Can't we get some proof in here. We haven't got any numbers in yet for this quarter and I'm not aware of any fundraising rule changes.

The DNC rolled back some Obama rule for their own fundraising because they believed it was holding them back.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I don't think Bernie's campaign is going to end because it ran out of money. I assume it will end because of delegate math.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The DNC rolled back some Obama rule for their own fundraising because they believed it was holding them back.

I thought that was for lobbyist giving directly to the DNC? Not a Hillary specific thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Logikv9 posted:

I just wish we knew the average amount they donated, but he's kept that information pretty close to his chest.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

General election polls, during a primary are not and have never been, terribly predictive of anything. Particularly when you have someone like, Bernie, who has not really ever came under the full glare of the RNC attack machine.
Imo it's dumb to not vote for the candidate you prefer in the primary as some sort of "strategic" vote when that strategy is just unsupported gut feeling. I mean, yeah she's been under the microscope for years but partly because of that she has a higher unfavorability rating than anyone ever to be elected president - a full 50%. She's performing worse in the polls and she's under federal investigation and more emails including private emails are probably be going to be coming out during the election. People that think establishment = electable, in this of all election cycles, and especially when she'll be vulnerable to all sorts of populist attacks by Trump that Bernie is not (on free trade agreements, war record, and Wall Street funding) may very likely be mistaken! So they could be making the wrong strategic choice in addition to voting against the person they actually like more. Smdh.

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 23:06 on Mar 1, 2016

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Morale is probably going to drop for Bernie donors after today anyway so you're right either way.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
5pm EST. Where da entrance polls at, yo?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Logikv9 posted:

i actually heard it relies on some sort of "financial domination" kink

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fast Luck posted:

that strategy is just unsupported gut feeling. she's under federal investigation and more emails including private emails are probably be going to be coming out during the election. vulnerable to all sorts of populist attacks by Trump that Bernie is not (on free trade agreements, war record, and Wall Street funding).

These statements make no sense together. You think said person is voting based on gut instinct and not fact and to confirm that you bring up nothing but gut instincts.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Venom Snake posted:

I thought that was for lobbyist giving directly to the DNC? Not a Hillary specific thing.

That's what he's saying, yes.

DNC rolls back Obama ban on contributions from federal lobbyists

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Hey Ben, what're you up to.

Ben Carson calls for meeting of all five GOP campaigns

quote:

Ben Carson is calling on the five Republican presidential candidates to all gather and bury their hatchets before Thursday night's debate in Detroit.

In a statement, Carson, a long-shot in a race dominated by Donald Trump, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, said that "this race has taken a turn for the worse, to the point of embarrassment on the world stage."

The race has taken a turn for the worst Ben? Just now?

Did he actually just wake up?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Crain posted:

it has been a lot worse since the last gop debate, fairly recently

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
If all five of them met in a room outside of a debate you'd hear gunfire within twenty minutes

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Venom Snake posted:

These statements make no sense together. You think said person is voting based on gut instinct and not fact and to confirm that you bring up nothing but gut instincts.
Um, those aren't gut instincts, those are facts... Trump already has campaigned on not taking money, on being against free trade agreements, and on opposing the Iraq war. A judge already opened up the email investigation to discovery the other day and her aides can be called in to testify. Besides, I'm not coming out and stating that Bernie is more "electable," just that presuming Hillary is to the point of not voting for him despite preferring him might be voting against your own interests x2. If someone is gonna strategically bet against their own guy I think they should have a lot more to support it.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Star Citizen parallels just keep increasing.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Crain posted:

Ben always looks dazed or high out of his mind, so I'm guessing he had a moment of clarity. Then again, he thinks he has the clout to call the actual candidates to a meeting so he can't be that lucid.

Edit: I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that kind of meeting though. Trump just coming in,giving Rubio a wedgie and walking out would be worth seeing.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

it has been a lot worse since the last gop debate, fairly recently

That's like saying we've gone from 3rd degree burns to charred bones. Yeah it's worse, but it was terrifyingly bad already.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

It was, I was clarifying.

Fast Luck posted:

Imo it's dumb to not vote for the candidate you prefer in the primary as some sort of "strategic" vote when that strategy is just unsupported gut feeling. I mean, yeah she's been under the microscope for years but partly because of that she has a higher unfavorability rating than anyone ever to be elected president - a full 50%. She's performing worse in the polls and she's under federal investigation and more emails including private emails are probably be going to be coming out during the election. People that think establishment = electable, in this of all election cycles, and especially when she'll be vulnerable to all sorts of populist attacks by Trump that Bernie is not (on free trade agreements, war record, and Wall Street funding) may very likely be mistaken! So they could be making the wrong strategic choice in addition to voting against the person they actually like more. Smdh.

I am a Hillary supporter who actually buys into her theory of change, so I am an outlier here. But generally speaking -- Trump isn't a serious candidate. He's just a blowhard who makes poo poo up on the fly and who had gone entirely unchallenged by the Republican party. He may very well talk about those things, but most people who are pursuable voters aren't going to buy any of that poo poo.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
http://twitter.com/jdanelliott/status/703242066122268672/photo/1

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/chucktodd/status/704791109508034560
:f5:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

What loving state is closing at 6?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

None. The first polls close at 7pm Est.

They're using a very loose approximation for "soon".

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Who cares, just give me a hit of that sweet, sweet polling data

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zen death robot posted:

Probably Vermont

I mean VT is Bernie's locked up; but closing polls at 6 is really dumb,

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fast Luck posted:

Trump already has campaigned on not taking money

No. He asked for donations, didn't get any, then shifted to WELL I DIDN'T NEED THE MONEY ANYWAY.

Fast Luck posted:

being against free trade agreements

No, he has made no definitive statements other than wildly varying tariff amounts and I WILL MAKE THE BEST DEALS

Fast Luck posted:

A judge already opened up the email investigation to discovery the other day

Can we get a source on that? Testifying doesn't mean shes on trial. And the Clinton's have been targeted by dumb investigations since the mid 90's. It's nothing but bullshit.

Fast Luck posted:

presuming he is to the point of not voting for him despite preferring him might be voting against your own interests

If her preferred candidate lost things would go very much against her interests.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

a lot of times before the polls close they roll out these exit polls that don't include "who'd ya vote for" but instead include a bunch of demographics or policy responses so people can read tea leaves starting a little earlier.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Crain posted:

None. The first polls close at 7pm Est.

They're using a very loose approximation for "soon".

Ah, ok.

Also I am hate early exit poll release and even more so loathe the new trend on entrance polls, and even more so releasing entrance polling data while people are voting.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
SUPER TUESDAY: 50% OF TEXAS VOTERS ANGRY

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DaveWoo posted:

Who cares, just give me a hit of that sweet, sweet polling data

inject the polls into my toes so no one can see

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
INJECT THE EXIT POLL DATA DIRECTLY INTO MY VEINS

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
It might just be the previews of the preliminary polls!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ACTUALLY,

American Samoa closes at 6 PM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

If all five of them met in a room outside of a debate you'd hear gunfire within twenty minutes

Ted Cruz will insist on it being in a hall closet, as with all his meetings

• Locked thread