Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

If all five of them met in a room outside of a debate you'd hear gunfire within twenty minutes

Ted Cruz will insist on it being in a hall closet, as with all his meetings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

ACTUALLY,

American Samoa closes at 6 PM!

As goes American Samoa, as goes the nation

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a straw poll of what pundits think the exit polls will be yet

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Squirt the polling data into my corneas by way of this thread.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So what are the actual laws/rules regarding exit polls and their release?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
bill clinton got too close to a polling place. stay tuned for the latest on this disgusting scandal

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Crain posted:

laws lol

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

bill clinton got too close to a polling place. stay tuned for the latest on this disgusting scandal

Goddamn rapist

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Crain posted:

There are no rules or laws. It's just ethical considerations by news agencies to not release complete exits or officially project a state until polls close there to avoid influencing the results. But they will release sort of read-between-the-lines early exits during the day.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Crain posted:

I think media outlets have to agree to not report topline numbers (or numbers that could allow people to reverse engineer topline numbers) until polls close.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think media outlets have to agree to not report topline numbers (or numbers that could allow people to reverse engineer topline numbers) until polls close.

Concerned Citizen posted:

There are no rules or laws. It's just ethical considerations by news agencies to not release complete exits or officially project a state until polls close there to avoid influencing the results. But they will release sort of read-between-the-lines early exits during the day.

Ah, gotcha, thanks.

Come on Trump, get your pollsters out there and dump a bunch of exit polls on everyone! :getin:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
exit polls are done by each organization. they're not official. they have a general rule amongst themselves not to release topline numbers.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yea no laws, just a general agreement to not give official projections until things close up to avoid any appearance of 'well we were GONNA win until these assholes called it early!!!!'

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Crain posted:

Ah, gotcha, thanks.

Come on Trump, get your pollsters out there and dump a bunch of exit polls on everyone! :getin:

Trump doesn't even have pollsters.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

He should buy some and gently caress with Cruz et al.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Oh gently caress these exit polls MSNBC

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Venom Snake posted:

Can we get a source on that? Testifying doesn't mean shes on trial. And the Clinton's have been targeted by dumb investigations since the mid 90's. It's nothing but bullshit.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...e7df_story.html

Also it's not like the most juicy scandal but federal law was in fact likely broken, and although Hillary describes her motive as "convenience" it's not improbable that she put the emails on a private server to evade FOIA requests which is both a hit against transparency and an indication that there might be something unseemly going on there (like Clinton Foundation pay for State Department play)

Venom Snake posted:

If her preferred candidate lost things would go very much against her interests.
if her less preferred candidate lost things wouldn't go any better. And what if it turns out only her more preferred choice could have won? Or what if both her preferred and less preferred candidates both could have won? All I'm saying is that if you're going to vote strategically you should be doing so on a at least somewhat substantial basis and that the conventional wisdom that Hillary is more electable is highly questionable.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Is there a feed for MSNBC? CNNgo is about to kick me off because I'm not an rear end in a top hat who got conned into getting ripped off with cable also I didn't feel like moving my gigantic old TV

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Is America great again?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...e7df_story.html

Also it's not like the most juicy scandal but federal law was in fact likely broken, and although Hillary describes her motive as "convenience" it's not improbable that she put the emails on a private server to evade FOIA requests which is both a hit against transparency and an indication that there might be something unseemly going on there (like Clinton Foundation pay for State Department play)

That is not what that says.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/704795024039358464

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

poty posted:

Is America great again?

couple more hours

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

this is p. great

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

That's a big :yikes: for Bernie if it's remotely true.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fast Luck posted:

Also it's not like the most juicy scandal but federal law was in fact likely broken

Of which there is no proof yet. This the exact same ANYDAY NOW stuff we got during Bengazhi when THIS was FINALLY the investigation, subpoena, ect that would reveal the truth and bring her down. Funny enough it made her more popular.

Fast Luck posted:

conventional wisdom that Hillary is more electable is highly questionable.

It is not highly questionable. While I believe that Bernies chance of losing would be low, it is a thing. Again I say this as someone who voted for Bernie today. There are a lot of people in situations were they can't afford to take anything but the safest bet.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Uh, but Bernie has decades of political experience. Or is that the joke?

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

Epic High Five posted:

Is there a feed for MSNBC? CNNgo is about to kick me off because I'm not an rear end in a top hat who got conned into getting ripped off with cable also I didn't feel like moving my gigantic old TV

http://www.hulkusc.com/watch-msnbc-live-streaming/ works for me. Usual warnings about pirate steams - run a ad blocker etc.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

ACTUALLY,

American Samoa closes at 6 PM!

The Samoa Today article I saw said 1pm local time, which would be 7pm ET. Unless American Samoa opts out of DST, I guess.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's the joke. He retweeted a "BERNIE HAS 34 loving years in the senate you moran" 30s later.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Chuck just caught off guard. GET YOUR GAME UP, CHUCK IT'S SUPER TUESDAY

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I'm predicting that both Trump and Hillary under perform, and we get to continue this circus for two more weeks.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Can this be the nail in the coffin for all the bullshit that Dems would cross over to vote Trump, the candidate with 0 political experience.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

People usually decide who they support, then, backwards from that, decide the rationale.

People decide to support Hillary -> they say that experience is important.
People decide to support Bernie -> they say trustworthiness/shares my values is important.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Oh, Marco :(

https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/704787423604174849

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Bernie has political experience. Hasn't he been a senator for the last 50 years?

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That's a big :yikes: for Bernie if it's remotely true.

Yeah Bernie needs another 10 years in politics before he's ready.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

So? It's a winning strategy.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

poty posted:

Bernie has political experience. Hasn't he been a senator for the last 50 years?

I didn't know he served alongside LBJ.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RichardA posted:

http://www.hulkusc.com/watch-msnbc-live-streaming/ works for me. Usual warnings about pirate steams - run a ad blocker etc.

Wasn't working for me, but CNN was so I'm there. Sigh, CNN is the loving worst but it's not like I can not obsessively follow ST results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Marco's campaign is really grasping at any straw they can right now.

tbf, I don't blame him. Getting stomped by donald trump must be a particular form of humiliating.

• Locked thread