Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Samurai Sanders posted:

I want to know what people who don't want it more liberal than Obama want exactly.

A sane Republican candidate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

thats not far off from how NH and Iowa polled on that same question iirc

From NH:

quote:

The most fascinating exit poll data on the Dem side:
Continue Obama's policies: 41%
Change to more liberal policies: 40%

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I'm starting to feel that, though consistent with the theme of Town Meeting day, my decision to purchase a bottle of Vermont wine for tonight was not well thought out.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Cnut the Great posted:

None of us really knows which strategy is better for society in the long-term. Everyone on the lesser-of-two-evils train is constantly thinking in terms of single upcoming elections, and every single one of those elections is always the most important election ever that we absolutely can't afford to lose, lest untold numbers of people suffer horribly and die. Hey, maybe the reason every single election ever is like that is because everyone keeps voting for the lesser of two evils, rather than the candidate who isn't even evil in the first place?

But you see, by voting for the bad candidates they will realize that they are bad and stop being bad. Or something.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is why primaries exist. If you like Bernie more vote for him! But in the general not letting the GOP destroy the country is the priority.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

thats not far off from how NH and Iowa polled on that same question iirc

It is not. Hillary wins those voters way, way harder than Bernie does (like 75-25)

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

How the gently caress is that not called Bernie Beer?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

I'm starting to feel that, though consistent with the theme of Town Meeting day, my decision to purchase a bottle of Vermont wine for tonight was not well thought out.

Keep it classic, drink cider for political events. I've got a few big bottles of nice hard cider from an orchard nearby me to drink when I get home tonight to watch results.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Soul Glo posted:

It's amazing and hilarious how much the GOP would loving dominate American politics forever if they could knock off all the racist bullshit.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Vermont Democratic Black vote is 1% according to exit polls :aaaaa:

That's probably every one of them in the state

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Cnut the Great posted:

1) Enough people stop using the lesser-of-two-evils argument to prop up the current system and start simply voting for the candidates who best represent them, disrupting the system peacefully in a movement that builds momentum gradually as voting third party in protest becomes more and more normalized.

this is magical thinking fyi

what actually happens is those people get their less-favored candidate repeatedly until they learn that there is a reason that "lesser of two evils" is axiomatic in FPTP systems and trying to pretend you can wish it away is as effective as wishing away unicorns

sorry you don't like reality, but it doesn't care

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

Also it's not like the most juicy scandal but federal law was in fact likely broken, and although Hillary describes her motive as "convenience" it's not improbable that she put the emails on a private server to evade FOIA requests which is both a hit against transparency and an indication that there might be something unseemly going on there (like Clinton Foundation pay for State Department play)
for you andichu:

quote:

The FBI has expanded its investigation of Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server during her time as secretary of State to determine whether her Clinton Foundation work violated public corruption laws, according to Fox News.

The report is based on accounts by three unnamed sources.

"The agents are investigating the possible intersection of Clinton Foundation donations, the dispensation of State Department contracts and whether regular processes were followed," one of the sources told Fox.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/265402-report-fbi-expanding-clinton-investigation-to-look-into-public-corruption

An earlier article: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/hillary-clinton-email-fbi-probe-215630

This in addition to the FOIA lawsuits. Being subject to multiple ongoing investigations is not good for your party nominee's electability in my view

nopants
May 29, 2004
Evil/good is a wheel. If you keep voting for one of two evil candidates, eventually they will become so evil that they are good, and we will attain heaven on earth. Having an actual good candidate would only cause stagnation.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Cnut the Great posted:

None of us really knows which strategy is better for society in the long-term. Everyone on the lesser-of-two-evils train is constantly thinking in terms of single upcoming elections, and every single one of those elections is always the most important election ever that we absolutely can't afford to lose, lest untold numbers of people suffer horribly and die. Hey, maybe the reason every single election ever is like that is because everyone keeps voting for the lesser of two evils, rather than the candidate who isn't even evil in the first place?
Neither party wants to be the one to blink first. If voters on one side of the aisle are willing to allow their least favored to win, the other side will gladly run the table and dominate.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Drinking high pH water here, might break out some root beer when the polls close.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Fast Luck posted:

for you andichu:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/265402-report-fbi-expanding-clinton-investigation-to-look-into-public-corruption

An earlier article: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/hillary-clinton-email-fbi-probe-215630

This in addition to the FOIA lawsuits. Being subject to multiple ongoing investigations is not good for your party nominee's electability in my view

We actually have data that says no one gives a gently caress.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Agreed. I'm voting Nader in '00. Fight the power!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/704800979741450240

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Soul Glo posted:

Even if one of those existed, the party itself is insane so you'd get insane policies anyway.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Fox News reports that a new shocking email development is just around the corner for the 100th loving time

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unnamed sources from Fox lmao

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

nopants posted:

Evil/good is a wheel. If you keep voting for one of two evil candidates, eventually they will become so evil that they are good, and we will attain heaven on earth. Having an actual good candidate would only cause stagnation.

Trump!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

PleasingFungus posted:

Agreed. I'm voting Nader in '00. Fight the power!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/12/6/1260721/-The-Nader-Myth

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Cnut the Great posted:

lol i missed this

we can't like, KNOW, things, man

*takes massive bong hit*

thinking you, like, know, things, man, is way uncool

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Beer options at the Bernie rally tonight.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

evilweasel posted:

Continue Obama's policies vs. more liberal though is a pretty solid clinton/sanders proxy.

Bernie only won "more liberal" in SC by 10 points.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

lol i missed this

we can't like, KNOW, things, man

*takes massive bong hit*

thinking you, like, know, things, man, is way uncool

Socrates quote

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Hannity's last words on the exit polls:

Angry people - Trump
Conservatives - Trump/Cruz
Evangelicals - Cruz/Trump
Late deciders - Rubio

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

We actually have data that says no one gives a gently caress.

oh yeah? well just you wait until we dig up a couple more failed Clinton attacks from the 90s

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
At least 6 in 10 Republicans support the Muslim ban according to ABC news

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

here is how you deal with fptp, without invoking magical thinking: state referendums. take one of the many states that lets public referendums alter the constitution, then get an amendment to alter the voting system into that state constitution. expand from there, as parties develop in those states with a vested interest in breaking the fptp national rules you build enough political power to have a fighting chance

notice how nothing in this plan involves people doing things very obviously not in their interests for indeterminate periods of time

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Joementum posted:

I didn't realize feeling the Bern made people so bored.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Stop beating the DONT VOTE THIRD PARTY horse to death jesus christ

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joementum posted:

What piece of poo poo state charges $7 for a loving lager? Jesus loving christ

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Prof. Lurker posted:

So if I meet some random Republican on the street, statistically they are probably someone who literally does not believe in freedom of religion, the founding concept of the country. Okay then.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Louisgod posted:

What piece of poo poo state charges $7 for a loving lager? Jesus loving christ

If that bothers you then never look up sports stadium pricing for beer

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prof. Lurker posted:

This is exactly why not throwing away your vote is important as all hell.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Prof. Lurker posted:

lol

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
The continue obama's policies/more liberal numbers were only a little less favorable to Bernie and that was a tie. This doesn't seem to be a useful predictor other than to say "Bernie will lose VA."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Republicans never believed in religious liberty, that's just their smokescreen for why they hate homos so much.

• Locked thread