Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Not sure what the source of this is:

https://twitter.com/dennislennox/status/704797506685833216

But that would be good news for Cruz I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

If Donald Trump has support of 50% of the republican party in even his worse state, the civil war is so totally happening. :getin:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Venom Snake posted:

The Dems get more votes but less representation. It would absolutely be in the democratic parties interest to have proportional representation.

I agree with that but I was referring to the ability to vote for more than one political party without penalty.

evilweasel posted:

citizen referendums don't need a party, just an interest group that supports it

I understand but what interest group would support it?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol at Trumps chance in the general getting smaller by the second.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Prof. Lurker posted:

At least 6 in 10 Republicans support the Muslim ban according to ABC news

people = poo poo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

pathetic little tramp posted:

Trump has been beating Cruz with evangelicals and exit polling suggest he's doing well with them tonight, but this is probably a good number for Cruz.

Also Arkansas had the governor and such get behind Rubio, him getting a distant third there is p. bad.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gore couldn't even win Tennessee so yeah that boded well for his campaign.

The Dems finally learned that if they're gonna run a completely uncharismatic candidate they better be a real absolute fucker, but it took them a long time to get there.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

god drat protestants

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Regardless of how tonight goes, I think Trump hosed up with the David Duke thing, despite what many of you seem to think. He didn't anticipate the media completely ignoring his refutation 2 days prior, nor that the media would bring out the knives in a way completely unlike anything previous, or that the GOPe would finally get off their rear end.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Venom Snake posted:

To be fair, there's a bit of distance between "dissatisfied" and "hell no, I'm never gonna vote for the guy". I suspect a fair number of those folks are going to fall in line once the general gets going.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Trump leads Cruz in evangelical support, so no.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Trump has been beating Cruz with evangelicals and exit polling suggest he's doing well with them tonight, but this is probably a good number for him.

Also Arkansas had the governor and such get behind Rubio, him getting a distant third here is p. bad.

The Arkansas endorsements are kinda split between Rubio and Cruz with Rubio getting the high elected officials and Cruz getting a bunch of legislators.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Shakugan posted:

Regardless of how tonight goes, I think Trump hosed up with the David Duke thing, despite what many of you seem to think. He didn't anticipate the media completely ignoring his refutation 2 days prior, nor that the media would bring out the knives in a way completely unlike anything previous, or that the GOPe would finally get off their rear end.

I don't think it effected him today -- I think it effects him the general.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Venom Snake posted:

They'll vote for him anyways

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Lord of Pie posted:

Gore couldn't even win Tennessee so yeah that boded well for his campaign.

The Dems finally learned that if they're gonna run a completely uncharismatic candidate they better be a real absolute fucker, but it took them a long time to get there.

A big problem was Gore running away as fast as he could from Bill Clinton even though Clinton was super well regarded by the country at the time

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Shakugan posted:

Yeah, it was a full blown attack on Trump by everyone for the past 48 hours.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/meganmurp/status/704808332868108288

:getin:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Mitt Romney posted:

Yeah, it was a full blown attack on Trump by everyone for the past 48 hours.

And if he emerges dominant, things are going to go completely bonkers.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Yikes. Curious to see what the Dem numbers for Hillary look like in comparison.

New Hampshire had 62/37 on "satisfied if Clinton wins the nomination", Iowa and Nevada didn't ask, and who cares about South Carolina.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump lost control of his media narrative control right before ST, it'll be interesting to see if it happened close enough to not hurt him.

Using the Sessions endorsement as a smoke screen failed horribly, nobody gave two shits about that

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

If he survives the David Duke attack, then for any future attacks from the media he can just point to the time when the media blatantly fabricated a narrative to try to damage Trump

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

And this number was 15% for NH Dems.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

things are already going completely bonkers, friend

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Does this even mean anything? To me it just reinforces people's commitment to Trump as a form of protest, unless those polled mean the whole Republican party, Trump included.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Epic High Five posted:

Trump lost control of his media narrative control right before ST, it'll be interesting to see if it happened close enough to not hurt him.

Using the Sessions endorsement as a smoke screen failed horribly, nobody gave two shits about that

CNN wasn't airing his Friday press conference denunciation of Duke until about 45 minutes ago

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
By the way, the delegate selection rules in the OP aren't 100% accurate, but they are very nearly accurate and summarized well. Don't be surprised if they include the wrong form of rounding rules and are off by a delegate or two.

If you want the exact math and rules, Josh just posted links to all of them http://twitter.com/FHQ

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

things are already going completely bonkers, friend

I get the feeling we are in early days.

Trump actually emerging in a position where he, by all rights, is an overwhelming favorite for the nomination is going to cause serious poo poo to happen. The 48 hour full blitz was to try and avoid that.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Louisgod posted:

Does this even mean anything? To me it just reinforces people's commitment to Trump as a form of protest, unless those polled mean the whole Republican party, Trump included.

Cruz was the "frustrated conservative" candidate before it was cool, so I imagine that stat just means "gently caress Rubio"

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Almost time to go caucus here in MN; think I'll do the right thing and go eat at Five Guys first. :getin:

Trip report when I return, assuming I don't have to fight a battle royale to settle a tie vote and die honorably.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CubsWoo posted:

CNN wasn't airing his Friday press conference denunciation of Duke until about 45 minutes ago

The fact that he denounced him at a press conference doesn't change the fact that he later refused to, and in fact denied all knowledge of a guy he bitched about when he left the reform party and whose dad was in the Klan.

It was an enormous gaffe, Trump's going to just wait it out if he's got any sense, driving hard on the "but a few days ago I said something completely different!" would be a bad idea

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Seems like late deciders once again broke heavily for people who are not Donald Trump.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mo_Steel posted:

Almost time to go caucus here in MN; think I'll do the right thing and go eat at Five Guys first. :getin:

That's Rubio's favorite too. Also the restaurant.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Mo_Steel posted:

Trip report when I return, assuming I don't have to fight a battle royale to settle a tie vote and die honorably.

gotta get that juicy lucy bro...

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Louisgod posted:

That's Rubio's favorite too. Also the restaurant.

I love how much meat I get there for my dollar. :gay:

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
I still believe my original suspicion which is that Trump didn't hear who they were talking about and his pride didn't let him walk back on it when he understood

I don't think he was playing twelve dimensional chess or actually going on with the intention of wavering on the loving KKK, I think he just did a dumb thing and his Teflon temporarily failed

In the long term after he pulls through it'll hurt the press tho

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
I'd think trying to tie Trump to the KKK might have worked; except that Trump took on the goddamn pope and still won.

All slinging mud at Trump does is make his supporters support him harder.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:eyepop:

https://twitter.com/RachelWPTZ/status/704799516768215040

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

5 Guys owns, they take care of their people too from what I've heard

Sometimes after a ridiculously brutal leg day I'll go there and crush a large fry and triple burger and it owns and horrifies the employees, who apparently have not experienced true joy

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Apparently every exit poll in VA was taken in the northern quarter of the state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lol Georgia's gonna go blue in November at this rate

• Locked thread