Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Yeah putting the case together would probably be fine, but if you put me near circuitry it explodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Yeah putting the case together would probably be fine, but if you put me near circuitry it explodes.

Good boards are screwdown terminals - no soldering or anything.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Several weeks since release and most of the online features are still amazingly lovely, this is going to stop being a hassle and start being a problem pretty soon.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

croutonZA posted:

I don't get it? Is this guy trying to say Rashid's theme sounds like Pendulum's Watercolour or did he mess up the upload?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qne9cdBHD_s

Does this help

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Where's the patch Ono.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Buhbuhj posted:

Where's the patch Ono.

funk engine is broken

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Well two weeks in and I'm still enjoying the game quite a bit. Cammy is fun though her v-skill is lame.

Although does anybody else find that it still takes a while to find an opponent or is it just me?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Monaghan posted:

Well two weeks in and I'm still enjoying the game quite a bit. Cammy is fun though her v-skill is lame.

Although does anybody else find that it still takes a while to find an opponent or is it just me?

No, it's pretty slow for me, too. About a three minute wait between matches.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Monaghan posted:

I like using it to pass through fireballs and other projectile attacks, or to get out of a corner. It's easily punishable by a good player though.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
So they are adding rage quit punishment next patch or something?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
so if im ordering a joystick for pc, what do i want to look for so that i can just plug it in and play sf5? I dont want to mess with joy2key or xinput or whatever

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Madcosby posted:

so if im ordering a joystick for pc, what do i want to look for so that i can just plug it in and play sf5? I dont want to mess with joy2key or xinput or whatever

xbox 360 support

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

man nurse posted:

I like using it to pass through fireballs and other projectile attacks, or to get out of a corner. It's easily punishable by a good player though.

yeah It can also cross up opponents, but it's just a slightly altered special move that she's previously had.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

So they are adding rage quit punishment next patch or something?

No patch notes yet, but it seems likely.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

General Morden posted:

funk engine is broken

Please don't post pictures of my cat.

or my tuba.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Madcosby posted:

If it's compatible with a 360 you should be good. I know the Qanbas and Eightarcs that are PS3/360/PC also work as well as I'm using an eightarc to play SFV.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i THINK hori's real arcade pro 4 works, but i cannot confirm. i think the pc mode on it works.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Madcosby posted:

Either get an Xbox 360 stick or wait for the update that adds support for PS4 sticks.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

A.o.D. posted:

Please don't post pictures of my cat.

or my tuba.

IT'S A SOUSAPHONE YOU CRETIN!!!!

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Buhbuhj posted:

IT'S A SOUSAPHONE YOU CRETIN!!!!

A schooner IS a sailboat stupid head!

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.

cams posted:

i THINK hori's real arcade pro 4 works, but i cannot confirm. i think the pc mode on it works.

My RAP4 only works in SF5 through x360ce. I imagine they're gonna add native support for it at some point.

I haven't noticed any input lag or other issues using x360ce. Very rarely I'll have to unplug and replug the USB cord but that might be more to do with the USB splitter it's plugged into.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

There's a newer Hori RAP 4 that has PC compatibility; I believe the model number is different (PS4-015U) and the toggle switch on the right has 3/4/PC instead of just 3/4. That one has the xinput that PC players need for their joysticks.

Or find an old 360 stick, since all of those will work right away after plugging it into your computer.

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
the real cost of survival is sanity. I just ran up to 30 on normal. just spamming medium kick and getting perfects. Then the AI was turned on for the last round. I don't think I have ever been so salty.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Reznor posted:

the real cost of survival is sanity. I just ran up to 30 on normal. just spamming medium kick and getting perfects. Then the AI was turned on for the last round. I don't think I have ever been so salty.

I'm one of the biggest Capcom apologists out there, but I really, really don't get how they designed survival. Why give you 25 brain-dead enemies and 5 real fights? Does Ono really think anyone is getting anything out of spamming HK for twenty minutes?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm one of the biggest Capcom apologists out there, but I really, really don't get how they designed survival. Why give you 25 brain-dead enemies and 5 real fights? Does Ono really think anyone is getting anything out of spamming HK for twenty minutes?

It's even worse on hard, it doesn't ramp up until you reach like 40 (and the 40s has birdie twice for some reason who is super annoying)

On Hell I guess the AI probably stands still for 99 rounds then you're up against deep blue necalli

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm pretty sure that Survival mode is designed to make you hate it so much you buy the colors off the ingame store with real moneys instead, so that they can say it's technically totally free while pushing you to spend more money on the game

I mean, if color unlocks weren't tied to costumes instead of characters I might give them the benefit of the doubt but yeah

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

It's like wiping to a raid boss. They should lock everyone out of doing survival more than once a week, imo

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Survival needs a total redesign. 20-30 fights each tier, but on Hard and Hell the AI is actually on and doing stuff all the time instead of wasting 10+ minutes each try beating up on braindead bots.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

AnonSpore posted:

I'm pretty sure that Survival mode is designed to make you hate it so much you buy the colors off the ingame store with real moneys instead, so that they can say it's technically totally free while pushing you to spend more money on the game

ding ding ding

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/YTYogaFlame24/status/704775148528930816

D.... Daigo-san.....

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

jesus loving christ

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY
oh, that's daigo's tag in this game?

he beat me twice yesterday. the first was close and the second was a slaughter.

gently caress you and your awesome bullshit daigo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

it's this. and i'm cool with it. you worthless peasants should be grateful capcom took the time to give you your loving single player content. this isn't a charity, you want to play dress up with your street fighter dolls, open your wallet.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I will pay for colors and not care

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Timely Howard posted:

oh, that's daigo's tag in this game?

he beat me twice yesterday. the first was close and the second was a slaughter.

gently caress you and your awesome bullshit daigo

You played Daigo? can i touch you

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

cams posted:

it's this. and i'm cool with it. you worthless peasants should be grateful capcom took the time to give you your loving single player content. this isn't a charity, you want to play dress up with your street fighter dolls, open your wallet.

I will :cry:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm just doing it for the fight money. I almost have enough for three characters.

The best strategy for survival, on normal at least, is to just jump HK followed by crouching HK. Once they're knocked down, jump straight up and repeat as they're rising. Cheesed Nicalli and Bison just now doing this.

If you have high enough health going in, grabbing a defense up buff helps as well.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

man nurse posted:

I'm just doing it for the fight money. I almost have enough for three characters.

The best strategy for survival, on normal at least, is to just jump HK followed by crouching HK. Once they're knocked down, jump straight up and repeat as they're rising. Cheesed Nicalli and Bison just now doing this.

If you have high enough health going in, grabbing a defense up buff helps as well.

Almost enough for 3 characters after less than a month? Pretty good!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Zaa Boogie posted:

Almost enough for 3 characters after less than a month? Pretty good!

I mean the bad news is that now that I've exhausted the story stuff and most of the do-able survival runs, all that's leftover is the 50 you get per online win. Not counting whatever challenge mode and the story proper will give you, but. I figure unlocking half of the season pass characters and shelling out for the remaining three is a bit more agreeable than plunking down $30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cams posted:

Burn consumerism to the ground