Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah, you get banned for illegal activity and the police investigate potential fraud

Yeah, I'm uh, sure they're going to be doing a CSI episode about the heinous crime of issuing a routine chargeback for an online purchase. :v: FBI should be kicking in my door and crashing a Blackhawk into my shed any second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I think crashing a Blackhawk isn't something that's done intentionally.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Drythe posted:

I think crashing a Blackhawk isn't something that's done intentionally.

a helicopter's natural state is crashing we pretty much keep them in the air though a combination of luck and magic

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Robo Reagan posted:

a helicopter's natural state is crashing we pretty much keep them in the air though a combination of luck and magic

I thought you held it together with duct tape and bailing wire. I feel I've been cheated.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Can we build a helicopter in this and find out?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drythe posted:

Can we build a helicopter in this and find out?
Only if it's built from meat and screaming.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

kalstrams posted:

Only if it's built from meat and screaming.

and potatoes!

Re: AFK fishermen and costumes - most people don't have the costume right now, and they won't all necessarily wear it. Give it a shot if you see someone fishing in a combat zone and report back!

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Sucks this released the same tme as stardew valley.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Jimlit posted:

It is ok, you can come back to this game at a later date and yous hould be fine.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jimlit posted:

At least the only thing you've known for past 22 hours aren't the documentation you're writing, your kitchen, and bed. Soon, soon I will finish it and get to play the game again.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Anyone else having an issue where for some reason, no keys are bound to your character? I just finished the first cutscene and its telling me to push the <> key to move forward(supposed to be W) and the key grid that supposed to show WASD next to my character is blank. I tried creating another character of a different class and it seems fine. Any clues? I flat out cant even start the first quest with the character I intend to be my main.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

What's a basic routine for getting your trading skill up? The trade routes that are available to low level skill give garbage silver profit and all the basic stuff has extreme skill requirements.
Is exp earned based on the sell price, or distance traveled, or?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

HotBobaloo posted:

Anyone else having an issue where for some reason, no keys are bound to your character? I just finished the first cutscene and its telling me to push the <> key to move forward(supposed to be W) and the key grid that supposed to show WASD next to my character is blank. I tried creating another character of a different class and it seems fine. Any clues? I flat out cant even start the first quest with the character I intend to be my main.

just a bug, i had that happen to my char and i relogged and it was fine.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

HotBobaloo posted:

You need to go into the Black Desert folder under My Documents. Delete the cache and that'll clear it up. Was annoying as hell for me Sunday.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
I guess it has something to do with me using the same name as my beta character most likely. I just remade him with a different name, I like the look of the second character better so it all worked out anyway, thanks for the info.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Any news on the master baiter titles? Did any of you get it?

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
Are the pre-order bonuses (Title, housing decor, horse, horse whistle) only usable for one character? Or does everyone on the server I chose get it?

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Strategy posted:

Are the pre-order bonuses (Title, housing decor, horse, horse whistle) only usable for one character? Or does everyone on the server I chose get it?

Just one.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Im still in two minds about buying this after trying the beta, Stormgale can i steal your guest pass?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

bear is driving! posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Cops knocking on your door because you charged back a paypal payment. I am literally laughing out loud that a human being typed these words out.

Anyway. If I buy the game now, do I get in on Thursday or Friday? I thought I saw the 4th but now I am reading the 3rd in places?

Thanks
vvvvvv
youre laughing now but the police are watching

Kimsemus posted:

Yeah, I'm uh, sure they're going to be doing a CSI episode about the heinous crime of issuing a routine chargeback for an online purchase. :v: FBI should be kicking in my door and crashing a Blackhawk into my shed any second.

its me, im the police and the blackhawk pilot landing in your militia compound

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

please dont do illegal chargebacks namaste

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Jimlit posted:

why? stardew valley is really good and will still be there when bdo dies in 2 months. stardew will probably get more updates too

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
So, I tried to stay away from this but now I'm starting to get interested. So, I have been watching some youtube videos, and there is this horrid Depth of field/blur everywhere and it looks really, really bad. Is there an option to turn it off?

I'm usually not that picky when it comes to Graphics, but this one somehow really bothers me.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

RedneckwithGuns posted:

So my friend has been recommending I check this game out, but I have just one question before I take the plunge: how good/bad are berserker to play? My usual class in MMO's is the high armor dual wielding one but I have no idea how viable in solo/group pve and pvp situations they are.

Strangely enough this PVP tips video of all things convinced to buy this dumb game and play as the roided-out hulk class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eibvhp7M2ig

edit: though to be clear, I haven't actually played the game yet at all. I just like how the playstyle involves getting in range so you can throw that wizard hippy around like a ragdoll.

Minsky fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 2, 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jimlit posted:

Stardew Valley is the perfect game to play while fishing in BDO. Fish in two games at once!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
stardew is my current game of 2016 and will probably remain that way

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Someone said there's an intro quest to get a bed. What's the intro quest to get a bed?

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote

Grondoth posted:

Someone said there's an intro quest to get a bed. What's the intro quest to get a bed?

I think you catch rabbits and chop logs for a giant in the market square in heidel for that.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This game sure is pretty

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

I bought the game. Hopefully it wont be a disappointment like Archeage was.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Zarcnest posted:

I bought the game. Hopefully it wont be a disappointment like Archeage was.
It's more ArcheAge than ArcheAge ever was.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

kalstrams posted:

:suicide:

Well, I just hope goons dont decide to gently caress off somewhere else while I am still downloading the game like they did when i tried to play Archeage. When I play AA i talk to some people and they said yeah sure its a great game, then the loving drama happened within 20 hours and goons split because of a a single loving person.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
You say that and it's familiar but I swear it was a different game, or all of them.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

kalstrams posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean you little goblin?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 4, 2020

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Extra posted:

Yeah but does it have giant boats with cannons you can blow up other giant boats with? Also can you steal people's stuff?

Like I'm not seeing really at all how this game has any sort of meaningful content beyond grinding real hard for your internet house and internet slaves.

I think there is player theft and piracy is going to be greatly expanded in like 6 months when Valencia Pt 3 comes out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftnLWMbhCLU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean you little goblin?
Whatever you want it to mean.
~Don't let your dreams be black stone beams.~

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I think there is player theft and piracy is going to be greatly expanded in like 6 months when Valencia Pt 3 comes out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftnLWMbhCLU
6 months is nothing more than a guess and there's only NPC theft, I think.

Extra posted:

Yeah but does it have giant boats with cannons you can blow up other giant boats with? Also can you steal people's stuff?

Like I'm not seeing really at all how this game has any sort of meaningful content beyond grinding real hard for your internet house and internet slaves.
The game has meaningful group PvP and metric fucton of stuff to do if you're at least a tiny bit interested in any kind of life activities, such as cooking, fishing, or making black stone bidets and selling them to island savages. If or when neither interest you, you are done with the game, unless you get kicks from grinding for the sake of it. I doubt that anyone ever will be done because they've completed everything, since this game is completionist's personal apocalypse.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

kalstrams posted:

6 months is nothing more than a guess and there's only NPC theft, I think.

Tbh I really do believe them when they say that they want to catch up to Korea since Korea has a lot of the cool sandbox stuff we want.

Does anyone know when I can get my master baiter title and how it works? Will I be able to redeem it for multiple characters?

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Tbh I really do believe them when they say that they want to catch up to Korea since Korea has a lot of the cool sandbox stuff we want.
I don't plan to have my cup of koolaid before due.