Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I looked back 2 or 3 elections and never saw a primary so close. This is cray cray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
link to cnn stream?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/peteschroeder/status/704873260450750465

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Powered Descent posted:

How the hell does anyone listen to country music jfc

Hey there is a lot of very good country that's not played on the radio. The garbage they play on the radio is absolute poo poo though.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

lamentable dustman posted:

It's the easiest thing to shootdown, just ask what party did the dixiecrats end up in

Most stayed in the Democratic party. And the democrats kept right on controlling the south. GOP took over mostly in the 90s, after many of the racist dems finally croaked.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Why is Christie loving shadowing Trump in everything like a little minion now?

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Perfect.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

lmao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

This guy on CNN trying to lecture a black man on racial history is loving disgusting.

why's bernie sanders on cnn

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

trapped mouse posted:

That being said, a loss in Massachusetts hurts him pretty badly.

I do kind of love that MA is "next to" Bernie's home state and yet somehow not next to Hillary's.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

And much like Damar, it`s partly Christie`s fault.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
haha Trump in 3rd in Minnesota

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Nanomashoes posted:

Why is Christie loving shadowing Trump in everything like a little minion now?

Because he's term limited out of his position as governor, doesn't want to be in the Senate, and got hosed by the party out of a chance at president. All he has to gain is an AG nod, and he has nothing to lose.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

This guy on CNN trying to lecture a black man on racial history is loving disgusting.

I saw the whole exchange, and honestly if he cold cocked Jeffrey Lord I would not blame him in the slightest. gently caress him. It's 2016, no one in America should be defending the KKK.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Trump would close the wormhole and make the Dominion pay for it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo this CNN argument.

"The KKK are terrorists"
"Left wing terrorists!"
".....who cares if they're left or right wi-"
"LEARN YOUR HISTORY!"

Lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

babypolis posted:

wait what happened in cnn i was watching the other networks

Two of the panelists were having an argument that started out saying that Trump should have had the same level of vitriol when condemning the KKK as he did for the other terrorist organizations, and then descended into an insistence on labeling the groups left-wing or right-wing while simultaneously claiming it was only Democrats who divided the country by insisting on acknowledging racial discrimination instead of pretending it doesn't exist.

Xenophanes
Nov 8, 2015
Minneapolis Star Tribune is reporting that MN repub results are holding at 37/28/21 Rubio/Cruz/Trump with 53% of precincts in via Twitter from somebody or other. Not reflected in the national tallies yet.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Maddow posted:

Chris Christie looked like he was hurting and needed help.

:getin:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bip Roberts posted:

Ayyy lol

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
KKK loves communists amirite

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Xenophanes posted:

Minneapolis Star Tribune is reporting that MN repub results are holding at 37/28/21 Rubio/Cruz/Trump with 53% of precincts in via Twitter from somebody or other. Not reflected in the national tallies yet.

Minnesota nice stumps trump

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

CNN deserves credit for allowing this conversation to play out.

That was actually awesome and a good surprise.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

I feel like a nerd for laughing at this

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Looks like Rubio is gonna win Minnesota.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

oh my god

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

I do kind of love that MA is "next to" Bernie's home state and yet somehow not next to Hillary's.

Massachusetts is part of filthy New England, while New York is part of the filthy Tri-State Area.

Yes I know Connecticut is part of both but I think this is mostly what people mean by that

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
So trump ended up announcing nothing at his big rambly press conference right?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Two of the panelists were having an argument that started out saying that Trump should have had the same level of vitriol when condemning the KKK as he did for the other terrorist organizations, and then descended into an insistence on labeling the groups left-wing or right-wing while simultaneously claiming it was only Democrats who divided the country by insisting on acknowledging racial discrimination instead of pretending it doesn't exist.

?????

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
If you are #FeelingtheBern while simultaneously managing life with a mental illness, please take care of yourself this year! I am not a healthcare professional, but I live with bipolar disorder. IMO, one of the best ways to take care of yourself is to listen non-judgmentally to me, right now. So without further ado, I would like to share a cautionary tale as I avoid Super Tuesday media coverage.

I lost my sht during the 2000 election. I did not know it at the time, but it was my first manic episode. I did not rest until Gore stood down after the supreme court’s decision, and when that happened I was absolutely flattened…. inpatient-psych-ward-level flattened. Years later that heartbreak had shaped my life in countless ways. When I learned about Bernie’s campaign, I immediately saw the danger it posed to my mental health and how hard it would be to stick with my RULES. Managing bipolar (and probably any mental illness) requires rules, and that generally sucks. My list of rules is depressingly long and depressing… *sleep right, don’t drink, take awful meds; and somewhere relatively close to the top are the post-election 2000 limitations on inspiration, idealism, and hope… don’t indulge if you can help it and be on guard if you can’t.

So, the 2016 primary has been pretty frightening to me, and really difficult at times. I am on constant guard – especially on high emotion nights like this one. So I use other rules, like do not stew and don’t fixate on comments sections and sublimate your angst and you’re not an undercover agent/journalist. But the rules have not been entirely successful this year. I’d say I’ve been teetering on the edge since mid-January or so.

Maintaining perspective when dealing with crushing defeats or soaring victories is a really great skill to cultivate. Even though I have been bracing for pain this year, some of my rules provide a decent amount of protection from unnecessary mental health risks. I hope others will share personal strategies and stories for healthy election-night behaviors in the comments below.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1u_HcCyeQE

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
So what's up in Minnesota? Is Rubio gonna win that frozen wasteland?

If so....

:kheldragar:

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Just got back from Colorado dem caucus in Alamosa, WHAT HAVE I MISSED?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Ghetto Prince posted:

Ok, what the gently caress is happening ?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yeah basically you had Van Jones trying to make an absolutely correct argument that Trump "otherizes" groups of people and invokes the scary racist feelings in voters. He was also upset that Trump is really ARGH TERRORISTS! but as soon as he was asked about the KKK he was just like "who?"

Then the white dude trolled him, defended Trump's otherization and defended the KKK as not a terrorist organization. Also, he claimed the KKK were Democrats (half true) and Progressives (not true). It was honest to god the most :stare: argument I've seen in a long time.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
Vice President Christie?

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
gently caress YOU MINNESOTA!!!!! YOU BETTER NOT LET RUBIO WIN A loving STATE!!!!!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Joementum posted:

One of them shares a TV market, and one doesn't.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Okay what are the next States coming up aren't a lot of them Winner take all?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmfB5iofRSc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Logikv9 posted:

Yeah basically you had Van Jones trying to make an absolutely correct argument that Trump "otherizes" groups of people and invokes the scary racist feelings in voters. He was also upset that Trump is really ARGH TERRORISTS! but as soon as he was asked about the KKK he was just like "who?"

Then the white dude trolled him, defended Trump's otherization and defended the KKK as not a terrorist organization. Also, he claimed the KKK were Democrats (half true) and Progressives (not true). It was honest to god the most :stare: argument I've seen in a long time.

SE Cupp of all people was who fired the shot of otherizing.

• Locked thread