Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bip Roberts posted:

But she surfs and is a psycho.

maddow just asked her a completely sane and reasonable question on whether bernie's actually trying to win or not based on how he was only actually competitive in about five states and she dodged answering it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

I don't care if this has been posted it must be posted again.

https://twitter.com/EsotericCD/status/704878850950434816

Oh hell yes

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Tulsi's been everywhere stumping for Bernie lately. I'm guessing she's aiming for a Senate seat or setting up for something even bigger later on?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

There is, mathematically, a lane for him to do that. It's obviously not going to happen, but it was not enough of a punch to make him admit that.

Based on my estimate of the delegate math, he'd need to win all remaining pledged delegates by a margin of just over 6 points. That's pretty drat brutal, especially since we still have louisiana, michigan, mississippi, missouri, north carolina, missouri, florida, illinois, and ohio by march 15 - most or all of which should be dominated by clinton.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Nonsense posted:

Rubio is dropping out tomorrow.

Not a chance in hell (unless Cruz flat-out tells Rubio he'll be the VP, then maybe). If Cruz loses, he goes back to the Senate. If Rubio loses, his political career is over because he had to forgo running for re-election. Rubio has nothing to fall back on.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
So sometimes I see people talking about Bernie taking this "all the way to the convention."

I know what the convention is (in a broad way, I guess), but what does that mean? Is there actually some outlet or circumstance that allows a close race to go into a lightning round or some poo poo?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Northjayhawk posted:

Not a chance in hell. If Cruz loses, he goes back to the Senate. If Rubio loses, his political career is over because he had to forgo running for re-election. Rubio has nothing to fall back on.

Sounds good, the gusano is lazy pos

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Michigan is going to be interesting. First midwestern state with a primary, but much more racially diverse than the ones we've had.

Yea it feels like Michigan is gonna be big for either of them

Like, it won't win the election for Sanders but it at least would be pretty much is his first super diverse state he won...

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

So, how many delegates is each candidate expected to have by now? Are we on track for clean Trump win or are the Republicans spiralling towards a contested convention?

Trump is on track when you factor in that these states are all proportional, and later states are winner-takes-all.

GOPe is only on track for a contested convention if they make the self-serving assumption that Trump will start LOSING most states when we get to winner-takes-all.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Nanomashoes posted:

What if... people go to the polls and vote for Bernie?

In the remaining states where he doesn't poll high enough to prevent Hillary from snowballing to the convention?

Dems don't do winner take all like the Republicans do - Hillary will continue to pick up delegates even if Sanders somehow manages to grossly outperform his polling numbers, and tonight gives her a huge head start.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Microwaves Mom posted:

IDK are they stupid enough to vote Hillary?

I will happily vote for either come November

R.A. Dickey
Feb 20, 2005

Knuckleballer.

Neurolimal posted:

Yeah, so what? Bernie is showing that there's a huge audience for fiscal leftism, so huge that a charisma-less octogenerian Vermont senator with zero ties to the Democrat Party has been able to go toe to toe with Hillary loving Clinton in a number of states. I (and I assume many others) aren't going to just back out of supporting him so we can say "woo! I won voting!"

I'm not a Bernie supporter, but he's pretty charismatic. On your second point, if you choose not to vote for the eventual Democratic nominee thats fine, but so hold your peace when Donal Trump is nominating the next three Supreme Court seats. Theres real stakes, and at least on the internet it seems that the people with the least to lose are also the most gung-ho about never voting for Hillary no matter what

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

2016: Republicans fall in love, Democrats fall in line

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Northjayhawk posted:

Not a chance in hell (unless Cruz flat-out tells Rubio he'll be the VP, then maybe). If Cruz loses, he goes back to the Senate. If Rubio loses, his political career is over because he had to forgo running for re-election. Rubio has nothing to fall back on.

Much like another dead-in-the-water Republican, Rubio can just endorse Trump.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Huge respect for Tulsi Gabbard on sacrificing her position in the party to call out the toll of "humanitarian intervention".

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
honestly surprised he won CO today. didnt seem like a favorable contest for him

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

I'd forgotten how much fatter Christie used to be

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

michigan is going to be a battleground state because michigan is full of morons who love their guns

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

axeil posted:

it's a desire to get people to stop being delusional and realize the race is over because bernie needs to win pretty much every remaining state by double digits just to make it close and that's not going to happen. he ran a good campaign, and he succeeded in pushing clinton to the left, which was his goal all along.

please don't be an r/s4p poster and drink the cyanide.

You don't need to be crazy to support a candidate you actually like. Bernie's odds of winning are infinismall. I hope he keeps going just to show how many votes someone with his drawbacks can get just from appealing to fiscal leftism.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
He's still really fat

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Shageletic posted:

2016: Republicans fall in love, Democrats fall in line

The Democrats fell in love with Clinton, while the GOP voters are heeding the establishment's call for a brokered convention.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

What's the chance Hillary picks Bernie as running mate?

She'd have to adopt his policies for him to even consider it

She'll never do that

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Imo fat status:

Fat girls: cool and cute
Fat boys: gross and lame

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Guessing MSNBC's analysts are looking at different data than I am, which is entirely possible, because with most of Cambridge and Worcester and Amherst out, I don't get the call.

Not that I think they're wrong, but I expect it to narrow.

absentee ballots, maybe

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Joementum posted:

Huge respect for Tulsi Gabbard on sacrificing her position in the party to call out the toll of "humanitarian intervention".

Likewise, I'm a huge cynic but I think she's really speaking from personal and moral experience here instead of just playing the political game.

Oil of Paris posted:

honestly surprised he won CO today. didnt seem like a favorable contest for him

Sanders is Colorado liberalism incarnate.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Northjayhawk posted:

I think he could still technically run for reelection but he's said he doesn't want to because he hates it so that would be kind of hard to walk back

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Firebert posted:

Oh hell yes

Did we find Gil's family and hometown?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

please no one drop out please

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Drumpfer Tuesday

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Captain Magic posted:

So sometimes I see people talking about Bernie taking this "all the way to the convention."

I know what the convention is (in a broad way, I guess), but what does that mean? Is there actually some outlet or circumstance that allows a close race to go into a lightning round or some poo poo?

In a 2-person race its symbolic, because someone will obviously have a majority.

If you have a strong 3 or 4-way race like in the GOP, it can actually mean something because then you have the possibility of no one having a majority of delegates on the first ballot. That is the stuff that the dreams of political nerds are made of. We've been hoping for a contested convention for decades, and this is the first time (on the GOP side only, sorry Bernie) that it could realistically happen in a long time.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Captain Magic posted:

it's basically a prayer that emailgate will disqualify her and bernie will run away with the election as a result.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Last thing before I'm done for the night

David Brooks, "Trump is stoppable."

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Captain Magic posted:

The idea is if for instance it looks like a loss he stays in to keep Hillary from doing the I'm going to swing hard right for the general

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Concerned Citizen posted:

Based on my estimate of the delegate math, he'd need to win all remaining pledged delegates by a margin of just over 6 points. That's pretty drat brutal, especially since we still have louisiana, michigan, mississippi, missouri, north carolina, missouri, florida, illinois, and ohio by march 15 - most or all of which should be dominated by clinton.

Like I said, not very likely!

EugeneJ posted:

She'd have to adopt his policies for him to even consider it

She'll never do that

I don't think you understand how this works.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

What's the chance Hillary picks Bernie as running mate?

Very high, because an old guy from Vermont would be a great way to balance her ticket.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

The GOP are going to spend the next two weeks carpet bombing Trump in an attempt to hand the nomination to a guy who won Minnesota.

This cycle owns.

I don't think so.

There was a all out 48 hour blitz called [bad analogy but whatever] against Trump with a serious issue and every single media network going all out.

He got attacked as hard as you can attack a candidate and all it did was lower his margins of victory. I don't believe it did anything in OK and, at least there, the polling was just wrong. Virginia was Rubio's absolute best shot and even with the deck stacked as hard as they could he couldn't do it. Rubio lost to Cruz almost everywhere. He got one 2nd, and one 1st. That's it. [Alaska not withstanding]

If they rally behind Rubio I will be loving shocked, because I think its pretty clear at this point he has no traction in the republican party.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Brannock posted:

I'd forgotten how much fatter Christie used to be

You tell people Christie got a lap band after 2012 and they'll say "It must not have took" until you show them the before and afters.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
I don't think enough of a deal is being made of Tom Delay coming out and saying they are going to ratfuck Trump.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Congrats to rubs for getting a state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

it's basically a prayer that emailgate will disqualify her and bernie will run away with the election as a result.

as a corollary: there is zero possibility of this happening

• Locked thread