Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i'm going to play a sorcerer, who should i make her look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bill Nye.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

Your Mother.

Who do I whisper in game again for an invite?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Strategy posted:

Your Mother.

Who do I whisper in game again for an invite?
Lewtt, Stormgale, or someone else - hop in Mumble and ask if someone's up with invitation rights.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Someone should make a guide for what to do at the start that isn't 60 pages long

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Drythe posted:

Someone should make a guide for what to do at the start that isn't 60 pages long

follow the main quest until you get a donkey
press o
click all quests
do what ever

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

follow the main quest until you get a donkey
press o
click all quests
do what ever

When do you get a donkey?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Alexander DeLarge posted:

When do you get a donkey?

when it shows up in your inventory

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

when it shows up in your inventory

how many hours into this poo poo will that be?

As for titles, I just learned that all my characters will be Master Baiters. Titles are account wide

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

As for titles, I just learned that all my characters will be Master Baiters. Titles are account wide

more if you are slow, or mentally handicapped

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Drythe posted:

It's not like a traditional MMO where most of your activities are regulated by your character level. You can almost immediately start building a boat to do deep water fishing, catching horses for breeding, planting crops, whatever. Each "activity" is involved and usually provides you with some kind of income and a deep progression path.

I'm sure I can point you in the right direction if you tell me what your interests are.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

If you don't wander much off the main quest line, one to two hours.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

kalstrams posted:

If you don't wander much off the main quest line, one to two hours.

kk so I can expect an hour or two of talking to the black demon thing then the game becoming fun, got it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

kk so I can expect an hour or two of talking to the black demon thing then the game becoming fun, got it
It won't be strikingly different afterwards since tutorial is mandatory only if you want to get level 50.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Uh oh guys, one of us got busted for farming sploits.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/28008-important-farming-exploit

Ap0calyps3
May 14, 2009

So are there many goons playing on Edan? I rolled there before all the fuckups happened and hit level 22 before checking this thread again. Don't really feel like rerolling now that ive redeemed my pay2win stuff from the conquerers pack.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Ap0calyps3 posted:

So are there many goons playing on Edan? I rolled there before all the fuckups happened and hit level 22 before checking this thread again. Don't really feel like rerolling now that ive redeemed my pay2win stuff from the conquerers pack.

I think a bunch of the SFD goons are still there, but I also think most of the goons are on Orwen.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Ap0calyps3 posted:

SFD is playing on Edan. We're smaller and more casual than the main goon guild right now, but we're open to server-shenanigans refugees. My family name is Wildlife if you want to add me.

I'll write a proper guild introduction when I'm not phone-posting from bed.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I'm on Edan in a big spergy guild my friends dragged me into. I basically ignore all of them and just tend to my horses and crops on my own.

A few screenshots from my adventures today. This time posted in the correct thread.

I finally got a new pony! She's so pretty.

My house keeps getting more and more stuff in it. Just got a new rug. Really ties the room together.

I'm right there with you, Joel. (this is his reaction to good news, no less.)

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
$30 it's up

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ahdinko posted:

Im still in two minds about buying this after trying the beta, Stormgale can i steal your guest pass?

Sure, I think I have multiple? does the :10bux:x10 get more than one?

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
The forums are blowing up right now about pre-order stuff.

If you pre-ordered the game after a specific time on Feb. 26, you can't get into the game, even if you bought one of the packages, like I did, the 30 dollar one.

It's not really a big deal, a day or so of playing or not playing isn't the end of the world, but if you're trying to log in and can't, that's probably why.

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

Anyone on EU ? I know justin or smthing is the PVP one. I ended on Alustin tho. Feelin lonely.

Btw duno how are other classes, but wizard seems insane.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

PurplieNurplie posted:

The forums are blowing up right now about pre-order stuff.

If you pre-ordered the game after a specific time on Feb. 26, you can't get into the game, even if you bought one of the packages, like I did, the 30 dollar one.

It's not really a big deal, a day or so of playing or not playing isn't the end of the world, but if you're trying to log in and can't, that's probably why.

Yeah, though they were pretty clear about "hey if you want in, you have like 6 hours to buy one". I got mine like 15 minutes before the posted cutoff and I'm in, so it's not like they lied.

Ap0calyps3
May 14, 2009

Probad posted:

SFD is playing on Edan. We're smaller and more casual than the main goon guild right now, but we're open to server-shenanigans refugees. My family name is Wildlife if you want to add me.

I'll write a proper guild introduction when I'm not phone-posting from bed.

Cool, Ive sent you a whisper from Sacriliege

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Zizi posted:

Yeah, though they were pretty clear about "hey if you want in, you have like 6 hours to buy one". I got mine like 15 minutes before the posted cutoff and I'm in, so it's not like they lied.

After archeage I was trying to be a grown-up and not spend money on a silly game I'll burn-out from after a week. Except that I couldn't resist but it was too late, and now I have to wait another day to play... :homebrew: :f5:

edit: at least I have stardew valley.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Mar 2, 2016

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
I would play on Orwen but rip US WEST server with 190ms ping.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

pertinent posted:

I would play on Orwen but rip US WEST server with 190ms ping.

Where are you playing from? I was planing to join on Orwen to play with goons but if this is the ping from europe I guess I'll end going EU.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Denis posted:

Anyone on EU ? I know justin or smthing is the PVP one. I ended on Alustin tho. Feelin lonely.

Btw duno how are other classes, but wizard seems insane.

I'm on Jordine, sorry. Family name is Murderizer btw.

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Pigbottom posted:

Where are you playing from? I was planing to join on Orwen to play with goons but if this is the ping from europe I guess I'll end going EU.

I'm playing from Denmark but I don't imagine any other countries having a much better experience. I imagine if you play a tamer you might get away with it, and I bet some people on mumble will claim it's absolutely playable, but no. It's not. Especially if you try connecting to an EU server first. Then it's absolutely not playable on a US server.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

pertinent posted:

I'm playing from Denmark but I don't imagine any other countries having a much better experience. I imagine if you play a tamer you might get away with it, and I bet some people on mumble will claim it's absolutely playable, but no. It's not. Especially if you try connecting to an EU server first. Then it's absolutely not playable on a US server.

Well, that sux. Taking from the post above me it sounds like we don't have decided on an EU server yet, right?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I'm playing from the EU on about 150ms and it's fine, attack operation is done clientside so you'll never have your attack speed limited by lag

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Stormgale posted:

I'm playing from the EU on about 150ms and it's fine, attack operation is done clientside so you'll never have your attack speed limited by lag

Do you get a different client for each region? If it's the same client I can easily just give NA a go and then make up my mind.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Pigbottom posted:

Do you get a different client for each region? If it's the same client I can easily just give NA a go and then make up my mind.

Same client, option in the launcher

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pertinent posted:

Tamer is one of the worst high ping classes.

Miasman
Aug 7, 2011

Oh, you!
So I’m dumb enough to have just bought this.

Roll on tomorrow for the disappointment to commence.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Stormgale posted:

Sure, I think I have multiple? does the :10bux:x10 get more than one?

Cheers mate, from what I'm reading, the Scrooge McDuck package gets 3 guest passes. I don't think I actually got you on Steam so if you could PM me over one that'd be grand. I'll run around with you in game and we can get spacerich/searich again from playing the market.

Kalstrams, what classes are unaffected or least affected by lag? I was on the EU server during the beta but I'll come over to the US one so I can be with goons, so I guess I'll get about 150ms too like Stormgale

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Playing from central europe on the US servers is doable, it certainly felt playable during the CBT; i just went for the EU servers because I'm only playing this game casual anyway, so I'll not contribute to any guild in any big way and the game just feels a lot more responsive on EU. As its the same client I'd advise any EU goon to just try the US servers and see for themselves, for people focusing on guild fun the slight delay will not ruin their gaming experience.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'll be creating a Sorc on Orwen in a few hours when I get home from work. Her name will be Hucklebuk. Pretty good name imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
I bought the travellers pack but it says "head start access only possible with pre-order package". Is there delay in the launch or is my pack not considered "pre-order" because I bought it so late? I bought it two days ago.

Pooned fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 2, 2016