Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Lady Naga posted:

I hate it because it sounds like that one quiz show.

1 vs. 100: Nuclear Apocalypse Edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

The first season of The 100 starts out horrible and gets slightly better but I wouldn't call it good. Season 2 is good though. I don't know why Toxx has to constantly bring up that show and the people who like it.

He let it be....inside him

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hakkesshu posted:

The first season of The 100 starts out horrible and gets slightly better but I wouldn't call it good. Season 2 is good though. I don't know why Toxx has to constantly bring up that show and the people who like it.

Toxx is unfortunately a broken poster at this point and I may have played some role in that by making him watch hours upon hours of terrible television and write about it. A reminder to everyone that all actions have consequences no matter if they seem like the right call to make at the time.

And back to actual TV stuff. This is a thing that is being made for some reason.

quote:

Brian d’Arcy James (Spotlight, NBC’s Smash) has been cast as the co-lead opposite Jermaine Fowler in Superior Donuts, CBS’ multi-camera comedy pilot written/executive produced by The Odd Couple showrunner Bob Daily and Community alums Neil Goldman & Garrett Donovan.

Based on the play by Tracy Letts, Superior Donuts follows the relationship between the owner of a donut shop, Arthur (James), his new young employee, Franco (Fowler), and their patrons in a gentrifying neighborhood of Chicago. As Arthur’s new (and only) employee, Franco’s going to make it his mission to drag the shop — and Arthur, a typically gruff, to-the-point Chicagoan and the patriarch to his loyal customers — into the 21st century…

http://deadline.com/2016/03/brian-darcy-james-star-superior-donuts-cbs-pilot-1201712757/

Superior Donuts! CBS does it again!

X-O fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 2, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

What is a "multi-camera comedy?"

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Shows like Big Bang Theory or Seinfeld. They walk onto a set and there's like 3 cameras they can cut to back and forth.

A single-cam show generally doesn't have laugh tracks or studio audiences laughing like The Office or Parks and Rec.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

X-O posted:

Toxx is unfortunately a broken poster at this point and I may have played some role in that by making him watch hours upon hours of terrible television and write about it. A reminder to everyone that all actions have consequences no matter if they seem like the right call to make at the time.
Nobody should ever watch Doctor Who.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sober posted:

Well at least in S2 after Gordon and his new girlfriend (played by McKenzie's real girlfriend Morena Baccarin) have been going for a while they literally do not keep secrets from another. Literally. Like Gordon is blackmailed into killing a dude for the Penguin and he tells her about it and she's like "okay, let's tackle this head on". I mean she even gets kidnapped by Gordon's now-crazy ex and she pretty much just takes it in stride.

Meanwhile on The Flash...

See now that sounds like a lesson in maybe not telling her everything.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

X-O posted:

The 100 is really good. What I saw of Gotham was really bad. Flash might be worse than that now though.

I quit keeping up with Flash a couple of months ago because it was boring and everyone started getting whiny and broody. Has it gotten any better? ...has it gotten worse?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
ha Fuller House has been renewed by Netflix.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yup:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fuller-house-renewed-second-season-872102

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I'm glad to hear that Fuller House is getting a second season. It hit the right levels of corny nostalgia and has some genuinely funny moments.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Vanderdeath posted:

Steven Soderbergh is making a series for Netflix, so I'm guessing that's about that for The Knick. It ended in a good spot but I loved it and would've liked to have seen more seasons.

Soderbergh could make a series on Netflix and do the Knick, I mean he is retired.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Cithen posted:

I'm glad to hear that Fuller House is getting a second season. It hit the right levels of corny nostalgia and has some genuinely funny moments.
I get that they tried to make a show for their target audience most of who are now DJ Tanner's age. And I get I'm probably way too young to fit that audience, given that this show ended a year after I was born. But it genuinely feels like a shittier remake of an already lovely show, it also feels like the directors hadn't directed since Full House. It also feels like the actresses in this show are not actually actresses, but that's been covered already as someone said that one hasn't acted since full house and the other two have just been doing LifeTime movies.

Regardless, I think the power of nostalgia may blind many when watching this show. Didn't work for X-Files though, though that was excessively bad.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

X-O posted:

Superior Donuts! CBS does it again!

How long did that Odd Couple remake last before it was euthanized? I didn't even notice when it was gone. I imagine most people didn't.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

raditts posted:

How long did that Odd Couple remake last before it was euthanized? I didn't even notice when it was gone. I imagine most people didn't.

It has not been cancelled and comes back in a month.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Well. How about that.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

VDay posted:

The 100 is a good show.

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/704898132946100224

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

For some reason that seemed to happen a lot this season. Quite a few shows took a couple of months off for Winter instead of the couple of weeks like they used to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This one's not a long break, it's just a 13 episode season starting in April.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

raditts posted:

I quit keeping up with Flash a couple of months ago because it was boring and everyone started getting whiny and broody. Has it gotten any better? ...has it gotten worse?

Zoom is Jay Garrick

I'll let you take a moment for that to sink in

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm so glad I quit watching it.

I really liked the first season. It's too bad they latched onto it as a formula rather then expanding on the ideas they set up there and using the natural strengths of the premises to engage with the characters.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
There's a case to be made that the Flarrow showrunners can't handle doing both shows at once and when they focus on one it hurts the quality of the other. OTOH both shows had really stupid endings last week.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

This is very good. Almost as good as The 100, a good TV show.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

VDay posted:

The 100, a good TV show.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It's a TV show, that's on TV, and is good hth

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

VDay posted:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Oh, sorry.

It airs on the CW on Thursdays hth

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rarity posted:

Zoom is Jay Garrick

I'll let you take a moment for that to sink in

Well, the good news is that I don't have to bother trying to catch up anymore.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

VDay posted:

Oh, sorry.

It airs on the CW on Thursdays hth

*starts nodding incredibly sarcastically and exaggeratedly* Uh huh, yeah, sure

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VDay posted:

If you hate those honkies, why do you keep watching their show?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AMC has greenlit an adaptation of The Terror, which is a horror novel about the doomed Franklin expedition to find the Northwest Passage. In real life they ended up dying of starvation after resorting to cannibalism but the book adds in the twist of a giant deadly creature stalking the crew.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol at that tim allen show breaking toxx's brain

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

X-O posted:

What would happen if you made him review Fuller House next?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Blood must not have blood.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

raditts posted:

So much worse.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

AMC has greenlit an adaptation of The Terror, which is a horror novel about the doomed Franklin expedition to find the Northwest Passage. In real life they ended up dying of starvation after resorting to cannibalism but the book adds in the twist of a giant deadly creature stalking the crew.

That got greenlit years ago. I think it eventually died out of sight, which seems fitting

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

raditts posted:

It's gotten better at getting worse.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

lol at that tim allen show breaking toxx's brain

I like Occ but let's be honest his brain was suspect before Last Man Standing started him down this dark path. When you gaze into the abyss of television, the abyss gazes back into you.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

This is a bad rear end book and doesn't have any of the spontaneous Islamophobia Dan Simmons became known for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the flash? more like the gash (gash is british slang for bad, kind of)

• Locked thread