Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Cingulate posted:

Mithaldu posted:

Honestly, most germans i know have no problems with Ausländer.
Most Germans I know also aren't particularly racist. Most Germans I know also have degrees and are between 20 and 30.

This says exactly nothing about Germany, but a lot about me.
I'm from stralsund, many people i know are fairly old and never even dreamt of degrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mithaldu posted:

I'm from stralsund, many people i know are fairly old and never even dreamt of degrees.
We have now learned even more things about you. And..?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

You'll figure it out. Too busy to explain right now.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mithaldu posted:

You'll figure it out. Too busy to explain right now.
What can you be busy with if everyone you know is old people in Stralsund

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

:iceburn:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mithaldu posted:

I'd like to thank your town for furnishing my person with the best Doener I've ever had in Deutschland as well as letting my hungover rear end onto the Frithjof Nansen for a really fun Segeltoern.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 29, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'd like to thank your town for furnishing with my person with the best Doener I've ever had in Deutschland as well as letting my hungover rear end onto the Frithjof Nansen for a really fun Segeltoern.

There's not many ways to make money there, so hospitality is about the one thing left. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you also had some Fischbrötchen. :haw:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Confession: I'm not 100% sure if Stralsund is an island or a town.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The talk of Döner makes me think, what is the Syrian and Iraqi signature fast food that will be ubiquitous in Germany in the near future?

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

The talk of Döner makes me think, what is the Syrian and Iraqi signature fast food that will be ubiquitous in Germany in the near future?
Falafel?..

Central African food is actually really good. Not sure what their fast food is though.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Cingulate posted:

Confession: I'm not 100% sure if Stralsund is an island or a town.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That didn't answer my question at all, but it strengthened the deep sense of compassion I experience for you.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Stralsund is the town you have to drive through around to get onto the island Rügen, which is where everybody goes who doesn't want to look at boats, because it has stuff like this:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

GaussianCopula posted:

Falafel in all forms. I have a syrian fast food place close by and it owns so much!!!

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mithaldu posted:

Stralsund is the town you have to drive through around to get onto the island Rügen, which is where everybody goes who doesn't want to look at boats, because it has stuff like this:

That honestly looks really beautiful. I also looked it up on Wikipedia just now and it seemed like a carbon copy of Lübeck, which is also a very beautiful city.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Stralsund hat den schönsten Namen

Er rollt so schön von der Zunge

Namen, die ich auch liebe: Quedlinburg und Ljubljana.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mithaldu posted:

There's not many ways to make money there, so hospitality is about the one thing left. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you also had some Fischbrötchen. :haw:

gently caress now I want Fischbrötchen :negative:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

so what's the deal with the left in germany? i understand the SPD are complete spineless neoliberal sellouts who've sworn total fealty to Lord Merkel, and die Linke are former/maybe current stalinists who can't win outside east germany? is everyone in the country just content to be efficient, obedient employees of Germany Inc?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

You need to keep in mind that compared to many other non-european countries germany is so left that you may as well call it UDSR.

There isn't much further left to go without jumping the shark.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Es gibt jetzt tatsächlich ein NPD-Verbotsverfahren? Ich hab da überhaupt nicht mitgekriegt, dass es da jetzt auf einmal doch eine Mehrheit für gab. :psyduck:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Randler posted:

Es gibt jetzt tatsächlich ein NPD-Verbotsverfahren? Ich hab da überhaupt nicht mitgekriegt, dass es da jetzt auf einmal doch eine Mehrheit für gab. :psyduck:

It's from the Bundesrat iirc.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

so what's the deal with the left in germany? i understand the SPD are complete spineless neoliberal sellouts who've sworn total fealty to Lord Merkel, and die Linke are former/maybe current stalinists who can't win outside east germany? is everyone in the country just content to be efficient, obedient employees of Germany Inc?

When the conservative party is pro-refugee and was previously in a coalition with a party led by an openly gay man the country really is pretty drat far left. I mean yeah, our version of gay marriage is a marriage second class at best, but there is no one in a major party who considers homosexuals an abomination (or at least, no one dumb enough to say so). It also helps that Germany Inc (it's actually called Deutschland GmbH please fix) has (or used to have) pretty great benefits and there is no party who really wants to put the ax to them in the same way a David Cameron might.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Mithaldu posted:

You need to keep in mind that compared to many other non-european countries germany is so left that you may as well call it UDSR.

There isn't much further left to go without jumping the shark.
What the gently caress is this?

In case of the US or Australia or whatever the gently caress country you are talking about it's the other way around. Those countries are so far to the right that there isn't much further right to go without going full Hitler.

There is also the distinction to be made between economically left and right and culturally/socially/whatever left and right.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

bronin posted:

In case of the US or Australia or whatever the gently caress country you are talking about it's the other way around. Those countries are so far to the right that there isn't much further right to go without going full Hitler.

There is also the distinction to be made between economically left and right and culturally/socially/whatever left and right.

These two statements contradict each other.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Simply Simon posted:

Stralsund hat den schönsten Namen

Er rollt so schön von der Zunge

Namen, die ich auch liebe: Quedlinburg und Ljubljana.

My wife's born in Quedlinburg - lovely town.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I like to pronounce it like Edinburgh

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/volker-beck-gibt-aemter-ab-offenbar-mit-drogen-erwischt-a-1080289.html

quote:

Vorwurf des Drogenbesitzes: Grünen-Politiker Volker Beck legt Ämter nieder

lol

quote:

Laut "Bild" solle es sich bei der Substanz vermutlich um Crystal Meth handeln.

:vince:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ich bin gespannt, ob sie sich bei ihm zuhause mal umschauen und vielleicht noch mehr finden.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
The most important question is whether it was blue crystal meth.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
If I had to be a member of the traitor party I'd smoke meth too.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Let the man smoke his weed in pe- -oh. Lmao

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Drei Worte, die in seiner Verteidigungsstrategie fallen sollten: Reenactment, Führerbunker und Pervitin.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

meh, at least it weren't bathsalts. still would

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
At first I thought it was about Kurt Beck that would have been even funnier imo

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

ephex posted:

At first I thought it was about Kurt Beck that would have been even funnier imo

Same, then I thought "he's way to fat for meth", then I remembered Rob Ford, then I read it correctly

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

JaucheCharly posted:

Drei Worte, die in seiner Verteidigungsstrategie fallen sollten: Reenactment, Führerbunker und Pervitin.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

:eyepop:

e: tell me Franz Josef Wagner's already given his hot take on this

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

System Metternich posted:

:eyepop:

e: tell me Franz Josef Wagner's already given his hot take on this

Nope, he instead wrote a love letter to Hillary.

But never fear, the Junge Union has you covered with the most obvious but still drat funny photoshop montage

https://twitter.com/Junge_Union/status/705056831190736896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"People who want drugs legalized are probably quite fond of drugs" - the kind of groundbreaking political insight only Junge Union can provide.