Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Ap0calyps3 posted:

Cool, Ive sent you a whisper from Sacriliege

I didn't see your whisper when I got on this morning (I was AFK-fishing through the night), so I tried to send you a friend request. Let me know if you didn't get it. In the meantime you can head over to our forums to get registered there and get access to our custom-tailored VOIP system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

lurksion posted:

My observations - only thing that matter are the displayed % chance (sparking interest?) and the number immediately below it (favor?). So those 100% success chance with 0 favor are mostly useless. Additionally, it seems there's some kind of success bonus, where having multiple successes increases success chance. So order things high to low.

I don't generally bother with the topics with delayed modifiers, since the success bonus seems much more impactful. Though if two topics are otherwise equivalent, obviously put the one with a delayed modifier where it would matter.
They do work offline. Farming apparently doesn't though.

They can only finish their current trip while offline, they won't go back out.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Interested in playing but didn't realise it was B2P. Can we get some goon testimonials up in here for someone who'll probably only play for like 2-3 months and doesn't care about PVP so much?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Pierson posted:

Interested in playing but didn't realise it was B2P. Can we get some goon testimonials up in here for someone who'll probably only play for like 2-3 months and doesn't care about PVP so much?

If you're a fan of exploring, decently indepth crafting systems, fishing, farming, horse-raising, trading, etc, you will probably get your 2/3 months worth out of this game

The world is pretty big and has a lot of dialogue/people to talk to so if thats your thing its up there too, the story isn't stellar but it's p good

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Everyone who pre-ordered gets at least one 7 day guest pass, so there should be plenty of chances to test it out as soon as it launches for real.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
GoonTang now has 5 more open slots in the guild (limit is 80 right now)

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Can I get an invite even though I am at work? I think my character is still online fishing at the moment.

Character is Thundr Cats

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

So when can curious goons start bumming guest passes? Tomorrow?

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
It took me 15 minutes to getting a wizard alt to 10 through the tutorial last night, 25ish for a tamer. Take that for what you will since I just went on murderhobospree with them.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

AfroSquirrel posted:

So when can curious goons start bumming guest passes? Tomorrow?

Yup, tomorrow at 8AM UTC (so, 3AM Eastern, midnight Pacific) is when guest passes should be available.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

YOTC posted:

It took me 15 minutes to getting a wizard alt to 10 through the tutorial last night, 25ish for a tamer. Take that for what you will since I just went on murderhobospree with them.

About 25ish here, too, just doing the first string of questing. Tamer feels a little weak, but I assume it's just because you have to wait to 20 to get your pet murderspirit.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Zizi posted:

About 25ish here, too, just doing the first string of questing. Tamer feels a little weak, but I assume it's just because you have to wait to 20 to get your pet murderspirit.

The impression I got from watching a stream last night is that the tamer is more like a summoner, is that right?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Taran posted:

Yup, tomorrow at 8AM UTC (so, 3AM Eastern, midnight Pacific) is when guest passes should be available.

Jolly good. I shall be on the scrounge tomorrow morning :)

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Angrymog posted:

The impression I got from watching a stream last night is that the tamer is more like a summoner, is that right?

She's actually a close quarters murder machine that gets a pet thing that makes her murder faster.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3
How is Valkyrie, generally? The videos make their gameplay look awesome, but I'm not really a fan of how they look or the voice acting. Are they a good partner for Sorceress, and if not, are there any classes that are particularly good/bad for that?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

HELLO LADIES posted:

How is Valkyrie, generally? The videos make their gameplay look awesome, but I'm not really a fan of how they look or the voice acting. Are they a good partner for Sorceress, and if not, are there any classes that are particularly good/bad for that?

Valkyrie and Warrior seem to play fairly similarly though there are differences. Dunno if you like the look/sound of Warrior more. Warrior's also awaken to a giant fuckoff sword vs lance and shield for Valkyrie.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

bonds0097 posted:

Valkyrie and Warrior seem to play fairly similarly though there are differences. Dunno if you like the look/sound of Warrior more. Warrior's also awaken to a giant fuckoff sword vs lance and shield for Valkyrie.

Is there actually a difference between how the various classes sound, outside of gender? I thought there was just a male voice and a female voice, and a pitch slider for each of them.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
About gear and cosmetics. So far from watching streams and youtube it seems to me that, unless you are willing to spend a billion dollars in the terribly overpriced cash shop, you are doomed to look like a bland noob for eternity. Is that true?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

Have they given any information when Blader/Plum are being released?
No.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pigbottom posted:

About gear and cosmetics. So far from watching streams and youtube it seems to me that, unless you are willing to spend a billion dollars in the terribly overpriced cash shop, you are doomed to look like a bland noob for eternity. Is that true?
More yes than no.

Miasman
Aug 7, 2011

Oh, you!

LumberingTroll posted:

GoonTang now has 5 more open slots in the guild (limit is 80 right now)
Are they upping the guild limit at all?

Think those 5 spots will likely have vanished by tomorrow night.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

HELLO LADIES posted:

I'm playing a Valkyrie and having a lot of fun, but that kind of thing comes down to personal preference. Also as far as I can tell there is no voice acting difference between the female classes?

Anyway, I would definitely recommend trying out several classes to anyone who's not sure about what they want to do. I started off with a ranger because they look cool and sound fun at max but people weren't kidding about them being a pain in the rear end to level (especially solo). On a whim I tried out Valkyrie and she has a lot more aoe and oomph when starting out which makes her pretty fun. I think I'll level the ranger later on if I'm still playing. On the bright side a lot of stuff is shared between characters so it's surprisingly faster to level a second character up to ~15-20 and see how those lower levels play.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

kalstrams posted:

More yes than no.

That sucks. It's a not a deal breaker though. I may not have a lot of money but I have even less sense.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Was the Conqueror's package a preorder only thing ? Meaning no special costume or tier 5 horsy if you join now ?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Miasman posted:

Are they upping the guild limit at all?

Think those 5 spots will likely have vanished by tomorrow night.

Actual cap is 100 the guild has to level it in increments.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
I have a feeling I accidentally deleted my conqueror's package.

I'm pretty certain I grabbed it from my mail but I don't see it in my inventory, and I deleted the mail afterwards...

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I actually like the conservative designs on most of the armor sets. At least as a wizard, I feel like my outfits look pretty decent and realistic. I'd much rather have it that way then have skulls for shoulder pads and horns coming out of my nipples.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Amergin posted:

I'm pretty certain I grabbed it from my mail but I don't see it in my inventory, and I deleted the mail afterwards...

It goes to a separate "Pearl" tab in the inventory. Everything but the dye and horse should have ended up there.

Miasman
Aug 7, 2011

Oh, you!

Hy_C posted:

Actual cap is 100 the guild has to level it in increments.
Ah, ok. Cheers, Hy_C.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Amergin posted:

They'll reset it either way, should you have managed to break the system even more.

Hammerstein posted:

Was the Conqueror's package a preorder only thing ? Meaning no special costume or tier 5 horsy if you join now ?
Yea, special-not-special costume and shortcut to tier 5 of 10 horse tiers.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Holy poo poo. Scrolling through the posts and it really is the same set of goons playing the next lovely mmo to come out. Good luck you crazy goons. Hope you get more out of this then the previous ones but I doubt it. I will not be joining this adventure.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

Holy poo poo. Scrolling through the posts and it really is the same set of goons playing the next lovely mmo to come out. Good luck you crazy goons. Hope you get more out of this then the previous ones but I doubt it. I will not be joining this adventure.

hey i didnt play any of the previous lovely MMOs so this is all an exciting, brand-new experience for me

Miasman
Aug 7, 2011

Oh, you!
I'm stuck in a spiral of rebounding from one abusive MMO to the next. It's in my nature.

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

this is exactly what i was thinking and i haven't even been here for several years. playing lovely mmos is a lifestyle and i'm ready to come back to it. at least this time i'm jumping in with a guest pass and not some absurdly overpriced preorder package though.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Holyshoot posted:

ArcheAge all over again. I will take a look after the initial pre pubescent fishing drama and mandatory guild split.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I really tried, but I just can't help myself. I'll probably obsess over it for a week and then completely forget the game.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Hammerstein posted:

ArcheAge all over again. I will take a look after the initial pre pubescent fishing drama and mandatory guild split.

Actually, Daum beat everyone to the punch and went ahead and split the guild ahead of time. They dropped a bunch of people onto the wrong server at launch and they stayed there.

That and the VOIP wars of 2016 have caused probably the fastest guild splinters ever.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was going to end up playing with Starfleet Dental, but a friend I've known for years before I ever joined SA is playing on Orwen, and I promised I'd play with him

so yeah, this launch was all kinds of hosed

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
There is a chance we may need a second guild if there are a bunch of people coming in tomorrow. The guild is at like 85 ish people and we think the max is 100. Pretty certain on that.

After a week or two though we won't need a second guild at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So the sorceror guide i read said Agerian is the armor I want to use and imrove to +15. I have Agerian green pieces at level 25 and I am getting blackstones, should I be upgrading those pieces with black stones or does the armor need improved by other means first?