Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Little Mac posted:

Yvonmukluk has a victim complex and no one has even died yet.

Well i'm looking at the available evidence and I'm not liking her chances.

And it's not like she had a fun time in Spider-Verse, is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Exiles was originally "it's Blink who everyone remembers from Age of Apocalypse and Morph who everyone remembers from the 1990s cartoon and Thunderbird and Mimic, the Dead X-Men!" and leaned on people caring about those characters from previous works as much as anything.

That said, they should probably kill off the entire team because who cares?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I, for one, think all characters should die in inverse order based upon the size of their fanbase.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Morph thing was weird because he ended up not being like the cartoon character his personality was based on or the Age of Apocalypse character his design was based on

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Little Mac posted:

I, for one, think all characters should die in inverse order based upon the size of their fanbase.

lol like half your posts in this thread in the last year have been about how much you hate Yvonmukluk

Just record a diss track, drop it onto SoundCloud, and link it every time you feel The Anger.

ANYWAY, BACK TO SPIDERING WITH A SIDE OF MANS—

I doubt the rights situation works out, but the Amalgam Spider-Boy should 100% definitely have inter-reality adventures with these Araxiles.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make a legally distinct fascimile.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Squizzle posted:

lol like half your posts in this thread in the last year have been about how much you hate Yvonmukluk

Just record a diss track, drop it onto SoundCloud, and link it every time you feel The Anger.
Eh, I guess it makes sense, I'm the D_T of Spider-Girl. I'm not really surprised I'm not popular.

Squizzle posted:

ANYWAY, BACK TO SPIDERING WITH A SIDE OF MANS—

I doubt the rights situation works out, but the Amalgam Spider-Boy should 100% definitely have inter-reality adventures with these Araxiles.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make a legally distinct fascimile.
They did manage to sneak him into one of the crowdscenes in Spider-Verse, at least.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Squizzle posted:

I might find Yvonmukluk annoying, but I love you, Squizzle.

Spider-Man in general is really good right now. I don't really dislike any of the main books (Spidey is kinda boring but I like the art).

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

If Spider-Boy shows up, I demand Bizarrnage.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Little Mac posted:

Finally, something we can agree on!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Amalgam has a way of bringing people together.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Little Mac posted:

I might find Yvonmukluk annoying, but I love you, Squizzle.

😘

Little Mac posted:

Bizarnage is, visually, a big science mummy, full of mummy DNA, stretching mummiously. A spectacular character, imo.

Die Laughing posted:

Amalgam has a way of bringing people together.

e:

ee:

The last picture shows anger.

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 19, 2016

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is he getting peed on?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is he getting peed on?

Aren't we all, in our own ways?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Trigger warning
:spidey:Spider-Girl Victimisation Watch:spidey:

So, apparently the reason why Mayday's not appeared on any covers of Web Warriors is because the cover artist wasn't told she was in the book. So I guess that's an eplanation. Of course, considering he got to issue #7, I think, and nobody told him 'hey, you're missing one of the characters' that's a bit weird. So I guess maybe she was a last-minute addition? But I am still, if not worried, concerned about what this means for her future. :ohdear:

And to hopefully stop ruining/monopolising this thread, I will not bring up Web Warriors in this thread until the next issue comes out or Marvel releases another solicitation. :toxx:

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Feb 20, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

That said, they should probably kill off the entire team because who cares?

Web warriors is actually a fun-to-read gem among the current Marvel lineup and I don't see the problem with it.

(That said if anyone's getting axed it's totally Spider-UK. Dude hardly takes off his mask, his only gimmick is "is British" which doesn't translate to text well, and his tragic backstory doesn't make sense anymore (his homeworld was incursion'd... except it should be back now))

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Somebody at DC (Mike Carlin maybe?) got pissy when Thorion showed up in one page of Avengers Forever but there was never any legal action. I'm sure Marvel can whip up a Spider-Boyish character at some point.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

TwoPair posted:

Web warriors is actually a fun-to-read gem among the current Marvel lineup and I don't see the problem with it.

(That said if anyone's getting axed it's totally Spider-UK. Dude hardly takes off his mask, his only gimmick is "is British" which doesn't translate to text well, and his tragic backstory doesn't make sense anymore (his homeworld was incursion'd... except it should be back now))

Spider-Ham is kinda one note too ("Don't [do thing], you're a pig" "No, I'm a cartoon"; repeat ad nauseam)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Finally caught up on mah Spidey books and:

ASM 1.x is still boring but it's a sunk cost thing for me now, there's, what, one more issue and it's done? And for a backdoor pilot style story the Santerians sure are playing a backseat and barely distinguishable role.

ASM proper is still sound, and I like the idea that Martin and Mr Negative are now on the same side, it's a nice twist on the initially solid concept of the character. Plus it's not the same old Sinister Six merry-go-round, which I like. Only thing I found weird was the mention of Lian as Pete's girlfriend... I mean, we saw them kind of flirt at the relaunch, but I never got the impression it was anything real. I think that's one downside of the pacing and the new Parker Inc thing, there's less time devoted to Peter bumbling around out of costume, it's all suits and important meetings.

Silk still rocks, and we're all pretty sure the electric guy is Albert, right?

Spider-Woman is frickin' amazing, and most of that is down to the art. Not to short Hopeless, though, some of the dialogue and situations are pretty great, but the pencilling and colours just own that book. Jessica's tearing up when she sees her son's OK after the C-section, the splash page of her going all one-mom-army on the Skrulls... Every panel with Captain Marvel, god I love this book.

Web Warriors is, honestly, kinda meh, and misses some of the fun that I had with Exiles when Winnick or Parker wrote it, in that there's only so many variations of Spider-Man you can do. Exiles let you pick from the whole MU, so you could have a ton of different combinations of looks, character and powers that lent diversity both in the representational sense and just in the dramatic "let's have a bunch of different types of people" sense. Plus Gwen kinda comes off like an idiot and not just a teenager, which is a shame, cuz I felt like Costa got a better handle on her in the Secret Wars book.

Spider-Gwen really needs to rethink it's focus on the title character... By which I mean ACTUALLY BE ABOUT HER. Don't get me wrong, smug Kingpin Matt Murdock as basically the literal devil is great fun, and I even enjoyed Falcon's crush on Betty Brant, but this issue was basically Samantha Wilson: Captain America with last page guest star Spider-Woman.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
At this point Spider-Gwen doesn't feel like a book but a long pitch for an alternate universe line of books.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SirDan3k posted:

At this point Spider-Gwen doesn't feel like a book but a long pitch for an alternate universe line of books.

for all its flaws MC2 Spider-Girl at least created an alternate universe while still loving telling a story

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
I feel Spider-Gwen would be better if it was what Spidey tries to be and what early Spider-Man was. Each issue should be a new villain and new obstacle for Gwen to fight against. Get that classic Spider-Man feel but with Spider-Gwen's writing, aesthetics, and character.

Then again, I still enjoy Spider-Gwen. My wife, who isn't that much into comics, also really loves it. She knows enough to catch most of the references in Spider-Gwen but not enough to really be able to jump into most DC and Marvel stories that are bogged down in decades of plot and characters.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm genuinely confused by the fact Marvel have Greg Weisman writing comics for them and yet couldn't find him a nice Spider-Man related project to do.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'm genuinely confused by the fact Marvel have Greg Weisman writing comics for them and yet couldn't find him a nice Spider-Man related project to do.

He's probably keeping his spider-man related stories close to his chest until Spectacular Spider-man comes back, he has said to be doing that with Gargoyles (even after doing some comics) and Young Justice.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Greg Weisman will be taking those spidey stories to the grave, then.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd like to think he has a safe somewhere with scripts and once he's dead people will pry them open, only to find "Xanatos/Norman/The Light/etc. Planned It" written thousands of times.

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'd like to think he has a safe somewhere with scripts and once he's dead people will pry them open, only to find "Xanatos/Norman/The Light/etc. Planned It" written thousands of times.

How is doing that so good EVERY TIME?

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Soooooo did anybody else feel a bit weird about Bendis writing about what he was writing about in the back half of this week's Spider-Man #2?

Also, what's the deal with everybody trying to make Black Cat happen. Stop trying to make Black Cat happen.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

tenniseveryone posted:

Soooooo did anybody else feel a bit weird about Bendis writing about what he was writing about in the back half of this week's Spider-Man #2?

Not really.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

tenniseveryone posted:

Also, what's the deal with everybody trying to make Black Cat happen. Stop trying to make Black Cat happen.

Not a bit. Also Black Cat is great.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Can I get some spoilers for Spider-Man?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Uncle Ben dies.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Skwirl posted:

When Miles gets back to his apartment after beating up Blackheart, Ganke meets him with some random white girl's vlog about how excited she is that there's a "black Spider-Man." Miles is annoyed because he doesn't want to be "the black Spider-Man," since he's half-Puerto Rican, and besides, he just wants to be "Spider-Man."

Then his maternal grandmother shows up at his house because his grades are in the toilet.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Some youtube/twitter/tumbler amalgam goes on about how awesome it is that Spider-Man is a person of color, it anoys Miles because he doesn't want to be known as The Black Spider-Man he just wants to be Spider-Man.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 2, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

There's not really anything to spoil. If you're asking about what they guy up there found weird, well Miles gets a tear in his costume and people find out he's not white. Some fangirl makes a video about him being a person of color and it makes Miles uncomfortable being labeled as the "Black Spider-Man" when he just wants to be Spider-Man. I thought it was a good way to address that issue.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
How does anyone even know he's the Black Spider-Man? Edit: Oh that's how.

Also Black Spider-Man is the name of my punk band.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

His suit gets torn on camera, but also his costume is mostly black so this really would have happened anyway.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not like any of it matters because Puerto Rican grandma is home so his Spidey days are over. If she's like my grandma expect sandals to be throw and tons of delicious food to be cooked. Probably drag him to church too. :allears:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Spooders was pretty cool in Spider-Man this week, as well as Iron Man (there, my shameful secret is that I'm now reading two Bendis books. ALRIGHT OML TOO, gently caress). Spidey struck me as boring if cute, and I haven't picked it up again. How are it and Slott's book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Four Score posted:

Spooders was pretty cool in Spider-Man this week, as well as Iron Man (there, my shameful secret is that I'm now reading two Bendis books. ALRIGHT OML TOO, gently caress). Spidey struck me as boring if cute, and I haven't picked it up again. How are it and Slott's book?

Bendis isn't writing the OML ongoing. It's by Jeff Lemire.

• Locked thread