Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

BexGu posted:

Any one have a full breakdown on the solo single player? Or is this game really just Co-Op PVE/PVP or bust?

Seems like there are 3 "main mission branches"

Medical Main Missions, Curing the Virus.

Technical Main Missions, Fixing the Infrastructure. (seemingly)

Security Main Missions, Dealing with the various factions in the game.

I think I also remember reading about a 4th "FIND OUT THE REAL VILLIAN" mission path once the other 3 are done but I'm too lazy to look it up.

There are some side missions that will pop up(in the vein of finding Lau's sister. which was in the Beta.)

In terms of the number of missions we have no clue whatsoever. but The missions can probably all be completed on Normal mode single player if the Subway Morgue/Madison Square missions are representative of the missions in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

LCL-Dead posted:

I'd imagine you can do the whole campaign solo but to get true end-game gear you're going to need to go into pvp zones.

I actually don't think this is accurate. It seemed that way in the beta, but only because the DZ level scaled higher and there were only 2 pve missions and crap all for purchasable loot from the base vendor. The DZ vendor has all the "good" stuff the higher your rank was, but I haven't read anything that suggests doing DZ poo poo is the only way to get the best gear. I'd argue that they are probably very similar rank for rank.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Gear has a higher percent chance to drop in the Dark Zone. So the Dark Zone is probably the best/fastest way to get gear in the game(Assuming you don't get got). But isn't the only way.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

thebushcommander posted:

I actually don't think this is accurate. It seemed that way in the beta, but only because the DZ level scaled higher and there were only 2 pve missions and crap all for purchasable loot from the base vendor. The DZ vendor has all the "good" stuff the higher your rank was, but I haven't read anything that suggests doing DZ poo poo is the only way to get the best gear. I'd argue that they are probably very similar rank for rank.

I'll have to dig around to find where I read it but what I grabbed pointed at the DZ (my comment was not based on the beta weekends at all) being where you would grab the stuff and gear needed for end-game content, which would make sense. PvE levels cap at 30, think DZ may go higher?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

BexGu posted:

I do kind of wonder how it will be in the DZ as a lone guy being basic easy prey for any 4 person group. Hopefully the servers keep a good balance between loners and grouped people.

I mostly rolled solo in the DZ during the beta. I think I had two people try to gank me and neither one succeeded.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

BexGu posted:

I do kind of wonder how it will be in the DZ as a lone guy being basic easy prey for any 4 person group. Hopefully the servers keep a good balance between loners and grouped people.

If the beta is any indication, and I'm inclined to think that the overall experience isn't going to change drastically between the beta and release, then the Dark Zone is 100% soloable. I've made some posts about my experiences before but :effort: writing it up again.

Essentially - I had a ton of fun both solo and rolling around in a 4-man in the Dark Zone. You just need to be a bit more careful solo.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
I've gotten matched up with people I've known who were hacking in Siege in the past, and even if they've stopped, they still weren't banned for hacking in the past. I don't know the definable bounds for FairFight but it has seemed like Siege has had a lot of exploitable things, and I'm not sure to chalk that up to a bad developer implementation or if that's just how FairFight is.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

BexGu posted:

Theres like no crowd control so if you run and strafe occasionally youll be fine.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

BexGu posted:

My experience with the DZ was that while, yes, there were squads of 4 prowling around, there were also a lot of solo players that were more than happy to form up into parties on the fly for protection. So "solo" in that you're going in "solo" but you can find and form groups quite easily.

Also, the final DZ is 3 times larger so players will be much more spread out in the final game, in theory. As I understand it, 1-29 will have a DZ1-3 divided by difficulty of NPC's and then level 30 (or whatever max is) has a whole level 30 DZ for high level players. Like how 1-7 in the Beta was one DZ, level 8 was another.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Thanks for all the replies guys. I missed the beta but love RPG combat like Mass Effect 3.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Guys what about all the cheaters, they raped my father in front of my eyes.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Then he shouldn't have been dressed like that.

Scarves are implied consent.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

BexGu posted:

Thanks for all the replies guys. I missed the beta but love RPG combat like Mass Effect 3.

Yeah its a lot like mass effect

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

it's actually more like command and conquer and the anticheat is cheating-death not fairfight.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I haven't followed a game in a while, is there usually this much hand wringing and mincing over minutiae?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Lols all the player stats are client side :getin:.

How many people can be in the dz instance at once?

Blacktoll posted:

I haven't followed a game in a while, is there usually this much hand wringing and mincing over minutiae?

Feast on the tears.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Blacktoll posted:

Just in Games threads for games we can't play yet.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Naturally Selected posted:

So whoever it was that said 1800GMT and me repeating it are both idiots. Hell yeah, midnight release.

Yeah I'm happy it'll be released at midnight as well.

I was literally just looking on the Steam page, which was saying X days + 12 hours instead of the normal countdown to a new day.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BexGu posted:

Simple, if you die non-rogue only three items out of your bag are public loot. If you can avoid getting caught often and get the loot bag upgrades you'll only occasionally lose a third of your loot, which they might not even pick up if they're being pursued. You can then chill out near your untouchable private loot on your corpse until you're sure the coast is clear and until you pick that up or other loot all they can get off of you is DZbux. With care you can minimize the impact and still have a good chance at the same stuff, though it'll be tougher to take down those NPCs alone as well.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

BexGu posted:

Solo DZ is doable. You probably can't rogue solo and live often, but it can be done.

I ran around as a 2 man squad a lot and found we out skilled 4+ player groups. We went manhunt and it took 8+ guys to kill two of us and that was only because we got greedy fighting guys near a safe house spawn, so the guys we killed spawned on our flank.

Solo is a lot more tense. People do target you more as an easy kill but just be aware at all times. You are your own wingman, so you're playing the role of two people with eyes all around.

I would go into the sporting goods store and solo clear it a lot. I'd kill 4 man rogue teams solo, I'd extract at a point over 10 other people solo. In fact extracting solo is real easy, since you don't have to hang around if a teammate missed the rope.

Is it wasier running 2, 3 and 4 man squads? Of course. Can you play this game entirely solo and still have fun? Of course!

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

thebushcommander posted:

I don't think this is a given. The devs have said on the podcast that the highest level/effectiveness gear will actually be player created. Maybe the materials will only be accessible in the DZ but that hasn't been spelled out. You can get "better" loot faster in the DZ because the NPCs will be higher level there but we also know that there will be encounters in PVE that accomplish the same thing.

The DZ was set up in the beta to draw as many people to it as possible since that's where most of the cheating/load balancing and shenanigans were going to occur. They specifically said that you won't necessarily be buying legendary stuff from Dark Zone vendors like in the beta. They were placed there to attract the power PVP folks. That said, I assume all of this is subject to change as well.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Billy Elliot posted:

Solo DZ is doable. You probably can't rogue solo and live often, but it can be done.

I ran around as a 2 man squad a lot and found we out skilled 4+ player groups. We went manhunt and it took 8+ guys to kill two of us and that was only because we got greedy fighting guys near a safe house spawn, so the guys we killed spawned on our flank.

Solo is a lot more tense. People do target you more as an easy kill but just be aware at all times. You are your own wingman, so you're playing the role of two people with eyes all around.

I would go into the sporting goods store and solo clear it a lot. I'd kill 4 man rogue teams solo, I'd extract at a point over 10 other people solo. In fact extracting solo is real easy, since you don't have to hang around if a teammate missed the rope.

Is it wasier running 2, 3 and 4 man squads? Of course. Can you play this game entirely solo and still have fun? Of course!

I agree with this 100%. Some of my most fun DZ experiences were sneaking around solo and doing extractions when it seemed fairly safe to do so. The tactics to do this have been pointed out in some really great posts in the last thread by other folks.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
So on the server start times, it says that global launch is midnight Australian Eastern. If you're in Europe that means something like 3pm ish Monday the 7th? That's cool, but then it also says that US digital copies will only be active at midnight EST? So if you're in the US, and have a box copy, you could be playing at 8am Monday 7th, a 16 headstart on digital? I'm so confused.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ajax posted:

So on the server start times, it says that global launch is midnight Australian Eastern. If you're in Europe that means something like 3pm ish Monday the 7th? That's cool, but then it also says that US digital copies will only be active at midnight EST? So if you're in the US, and have a box copy, you could be playing at 8am Monday 7th, a 16 headstart on digital? I'm so confused.

Get ready to become a temporary Australian.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Ajax posted:

I mean, you're right? I would just assume it unlocks for Aussies at 12:01am on the 8th there and if you have a physical copy you can probably play, as servers will be up, but digital distribution platforms won't unlock it until 12:01am EST for US people..I think Borderlands did something similar and people just used a proxy to unlock early.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I'm calling border force and getting you cunts kicked off our servers.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Has there been any mention of endgame content yet? I'm assuming it's the Dark Zone and then the horde mode DLC.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Has there been any mention of endgame content yet? I'm assuming it's the Dark Zone and then the horde mode DLC.

The endgame content is missions as Aiden Pierce hacking all the cheats into the PC version of this game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dexo posted:

Seems like there are 3 "main mission branches"

Medical Main Missions, Curing the Virus.

Technical Main Missions, Fixing the Infrastructure. (seemingly)

Security Main Missions, Dealing with the various factions in the game.

I think I also remember reading about a 4th "FIND OUT THE REAL VILLIAN" mission path once the other 3 are done but I'm too lazy to look it up.

There are some side missions that will pop up(in the vein of finding Lau's sister. which was in the Beta.)

In terms of the number of missions we have no clue whatsoever. but The missions can probably all be completed on Normal mode single player if the Subway Morgue/Madison Square missions are representative of the missions in the game.

i think its. this

1. main big quest.
2. the branchs missions, probaly following the paths you said.
3. smaller side missions
4. even smaller side missions.
5. random stuff.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Skyscraper posted:

The endgame content is missions as Aiden Pierce hacking all the cheats into the PC version of this game.

So nothing impressive or fun.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
gently caress it. Bought this game solely because of the chance to troll people in the DZ by being a guardian angel rather than a jackass.

Help the outnumbered guy, clear an extraction of looters, and just vanish. Actually sounds kinda cool.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CobiWann posted:

gently caress it. Bought this game solely because of the chance to troll people in the DZ by being a guardian angel rather than a jackass.

Help the outnumbered guy, clear an extraction of looters, and just vanish. Actually sounds kinda cool.

How is that trolling?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CobiWann posted:

A Dark Zone Knight.

:downsrim:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
DZ Protip: Don't open a rank 10 DZ chest by yourself in a room with a stranger standing behind you with a shotgun. I coulda blasted that guy and taken his scarf or hat that he just spent a key on, but I'm a nice guy.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

TG-Chrono posted:

I'm calling border force and getting you cunts kicked off our servers.

get abbot investigating whether the boats can sail the internet

MagnumOpus
Dec 7, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

How is that trolling?

Because the people who actually get really salty are the ones going rogue. Any time I ever downed some neutral and went rogue the most I got was "Oh poo poo." It's the guys shooting everything that moves that lose their mind when you kill them.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

CrashCat posted:

A Dark Zone Knight.

:downsrim:

So, is he the troll we need or the one we deserve?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Roleplaying the police is absolutely something you can do in this game and it owns.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Ice Fist posted:

Roleplaying the police is absolutely something you can do in this game and it owns.

Can I roleplay the police policing all the hackers though???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Endgame is the DZ and item hunt. There's nothing announced, and speculation is that they'll announce something later on after release. OR the DLC will give all the "end game" that people want. I hate that word too, because "end game" is so vague and can vary from person to person. What type of end game do you want? Do you want raids? Do you want more meaningful PvP? More PvE missions in small 4 man squads? Scarf knitting?

There are also challenge difficulty on missions.

• Locked thread