Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Bouquet posted:

I think the Chieftain Oro's Flicker build is probably better than the Slayer build.

Yea Chieftan is decent but overall not worth it I don't think. You also forgot to get any mana leech in that tree, which is pretty important.

The main bonus from Chieftan is endurance charges and 10% fire pen. The pen isn't as great because you already have a pretty large amount of penetration from Blasphemy auras and the gem. And defense wise I would say the charges are only slightly better than the Slayer's leech not being removed at full HP, assuming you don't get 1shot that is.

Slayer gives you the free melee splash, which allows you to link Fortify. I am going by the reddit post from the dude who played a ton of Oro's Flicker on high end content in Talisman. Though he needs to update the tree now that we know the Fireborn jewel area is being fixed to work again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4881hw/oro_flicker_strike_build_updated_for_22_tree/

Further down he lists the links as Flicker, Multistrike, Weapon Ele, Chance to Ignite, Fire Pen, Fortify. Chance to Ignite is pretty key as even with 40%(20% sword, 10% tree, 10% Chieftan) you can get pretty screwed, and you don't want to have to wear lovely gear like Mokou's.

climboutonalimb posted:

Just how vulnerable is EA to reflect? I've never played the build before but want to run it as my first HC attempt.

I want to run as Champ for the permanent Fortify b/c I always die to dumb poo poo and this will probably be better defenses than a Scion zerker/raider w/ VP.

From what I read, VP is the only real way to mitigate reflect with EA...

Reflect packs don't exist anymore which was huge for EA. You can hurt yourself pretty bad if you offscreen a whole pack that is around a reflect rare though. Ele Equilibrium actually helps you vs relect, as only the main explosion on the rare will have the -resist, the rest will trigger EE and take way less damage. If you keep a Ruby Flask around that will prevent most deaths to reflect if you're paying attention. There's also that new ring that can give you a free aura for Purity of Fire.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Okay, cool, thanks.

edit: No wonder Assassin is so broken then. I'd have like 75% crit chance before gear/curse. So what would Assassin take for crit shock nova, Unstable Infusion/Deadly Infusion/Ambush?

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 2, 2016

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008

Firos posted:

I'm trying to think of a decent life-based ED/contagion build, and this is what I've come up with. It's triple curse so temp chains, enfeeble and vulnerability on blasphemy, as well as clarity if need be. Hence all the aura nodes. Maybe could get away with less -reserved?

Triple curse seems kinda bad to me, it's a huge investment for something that's useless against curse immune and fairly ineffective vs. bosses. Especially since ED plays kind of like poison arrow in that you cast once and just run around avoiding damage against dangerous dudes. If you really want to do the multi curse thing, I'd drop most of the aura stuff and stick with double curse. You could also look at RF/IW scion ED+cont builds, they do similar damage but are absurdly tanky and don't rely on curses at all.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

stanislaus posted:

Triple curse seems kinda bad to me, it's a huge investment for something that's useless against curse immune and fairly ineffective vs. bosses. Especially since ED plays kind of like poison arrow in that you cast once and just run around avoiding damage against dangerous dudes. If you really want to do the multi curse thing, I'd drop most of the aura stuff and stick with double curse. You could also look at RF/IW scion ED+cont builds, they do similar damage but are absurdly tanky and don't rely on curses at all.

That definitely sounds interesting, do you have a link at all?

Edit: Scratch that, found it.

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008

Firos posted:

That definitely sounds interesting, do you have a link at all?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1531854 I think this is a decent guide for explaining the basics, though I'd probably do the passive tree a bit different. I think going witch is just as viable though, especially on a new league where getting good ED jewels is gonna be much more difficult.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Cyclone duelist my way to 40 challenges.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 2, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

lurksion posted:

Planning on necromancer w/bone offering, self-cast lightning, then transitioning into Mjolnir. I'm really considering the tradeoffs going armor with IR with that long rear end-trek from witch (and energized armor to convert some ES into armor, then sticking Aegis on it for the hell of things).

I'm looking at something around:
300% total increased damage (inc Elemental Overload and the 40% dmg after consuming corpse necromancer also gets)
175% life
260% armor
66 block / >30 spell block depending on items (inc tempest shield, 32% block shield, L12 bone offering on a L7 CWDT since I do not think the life recovery at L20 will stay in place)

lurksion posted:

After treeing this out, strength for Mjolnir is going to be a serious problem. Going to need like 3 or 4 things with strength on gear. Back the board (or self-cast it is).
:derp:
The solution to this is to not be retarded, and if going armor, go left instead of right+IW.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...GWCB9l8rfEYXQ==
Raw stats (damage + life + armor) are slightly lower than if you went right with IW, but it'll be considerably easier to meet the Mjolner stat requirements with 250 base strength rather than 50. Also pick up a load of jewel slots and have immediate access to more attack speed, block, and life nodes for extra levels past 85.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 2, 2016

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

stanislaus posted:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1531854 I think this is a decent guide for explaining the basics, though I'd probably do the passive tree a bit different. I think going witch is just as viable though, especially on a new league where getting good ED jewels is gonna be much more difficult.

Looking at it, there's not really an easy way of getting the life regen as a witch is there? Scion definitely seems strong for what they're going for, and only gets stronger with ascendancy stuff.

Firos fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 2, 2016

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Firos posted:

Looking at it, there's not really an easy way of getting the life regen as a witch is there? Scion definitely seems strong for what they're going for, and only gets stronger with ascendancy stuff.

Essence Drain gives you part of its damage as life regen. There's also about 2.8% available on the tree pretty readily. Another 2% if you go down and grab Shaper

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008

Firos posted:

Oops yeah, I meant doing a non-RF witch like you first linked as opposed to the scion build. Looking at the tree this https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...f5Uu-2Rzp8-LdI= seems pretty strong for an RF version, 217% life, 12% regen, and 10 jewel slots. Only problem is the scion ascendancies don't seem that strong for ED, I guess juggernaut and raider/deadeye could be pretty good.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ekster posted:

I wanted to do Inquisitor crit Shock Nova first but I watched mathil try out a simple Berserker 2H RT Earthquake build and it looks really fast and fun so I might go for that. The initial hit already does a good amount of damage and has good AoE so for most trash you don't even need to 'wait' for the actual big hit.

Also have a vid of Pohx being Pohx by smoking some dank kush right before streaming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZV7hZmIuhI

I have no idea what Texas drug laws are like but that seems like a Bad Idea.

Texas pot laws are about the most harsh in the nation.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

The Real Foogla posted:

funman just got me 21 with an aziri kill, thanks :3:

Imo I am a pretty cool dude.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I hope they have good internet in jail.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Ekster posted:

Depends what prison you go to. :a2m:

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ekster posted:

Depends on which prison you get sent to. But Pohx is white and lives in DFW. If its his first offence he won't go to prison, just fun things like probation for two years, bi-weekly piss tests, a large fine, community service, and be forced to take several "drugs are bad classes".

panda clue
May 23, 2014
you seem awfully knowledgeable on texas drug offender law

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

panda clue posted:

Are you a cop? You have to tell me if you are a cop.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

funmanguy posted:

Depends on which prison you get sent to. But Pohx is white and lives in DFW. If its his first offence he won't go to prison, just fun things like probation for two years, bi-weekly piss tests, a large fine, community service, and be forced to take several "drugs are bad classes".

Pretty sure he's mixed race. Sad that that matters but it probably does.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Safari Disco Lion posted:

As long as he looks white to the ADA.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I'm just gonna do what I do every other league and just pick a random class and make a build based off the first unique that drops for me

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Firebatgyro posted:

I'm just gonna do what I do every other league and just pick a random class and make a build based off the first unique that drops for me

:hf: fellow "don't spend a single point until level 30" player

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Safari Disco Lion posted:

He's half-Arab iirc so good luck with that.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I actually think he is full arab but he definitely has a super arabic name.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Necromancer seems like it would actually be pretty good for self-casting builds even without minions. Grabbing the first three ascendancy nodes from the left (Mistress of Sacrifice, Spirit Eater, Commander of Darkness) lets you run Desecrate + Bone/Flesh offering as CWDT links, which provides a huge damage and cast speed bonus. The ascendancy also provides 30% increased skill effect duration, which isn't easy to come by. Spark, Firestorm, Blade Vortex and Essence Drain/Contagion all benefit from that.

Does anyone know if the boost to your auras from Commander of Darkness is per each aura?

EDIT: Looking closer, it's near impossible for that build not to be immediately improved by using Summon Raging Spirits instead of anything else.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 2, 2016

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Ultima66 posted:

I actually think he is full arab but he definitely has a super arabic name.

well then it seems like an open and shut case to me. lock 'em up, boys.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Phox if half somalian if I remember correctly

Hauki
May 11, 2010

TheRat posted:

Phox if half somalian if I remember correctly

thats probably like shoot-on-sight for a texas cop

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

We have it on good authority that this half-Arab spends his days talking about mines and detonators.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Vanguard Warden posted:

Does anyone know if the boost to your auras from Commander of Darkness is per each aura?

It would be a pretty lovely 2 pointer if it wasn't each, but if it was a singular bonus it would be worded something to the effect of "Gain damage & cast speed while you have an aura" rather than "Auras you cast grant" which implies a benefit to each individual aura.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Do we know if it works on blasphemy auras, then?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It doesn't specify "Non-Curse Auras" like the aura nodes on the tree tend to do, so probably?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

AegisP posted:

It doesn't specify "Non-Curse Auras" like the aura nodes on the tree tend to do, so probably?

Yeah, I think the new standard for aura things is that if it doesn't specifically say 'only non-curse auras', then it works with blasphemy.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

panda clue posted:

Am I being detained? Am I being detained? Am I being detained?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Public Tabs Patch.

And orb of storms crit dropped to 5% and duration to 10 seconds.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 3, 2016

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
What converts physical to fire damage other than Avatar of fire? Can you get a 100% physical to fire?

Never mind,found it.

Damage Conversions

TipsyMcStagger fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 3, 2016

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008
For anyone that missed it (which, until five minutes ago, included me) there's currently a sale on premium tab upgrades.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

TipsyMcStagger posted:

What converts physical to fire damage other than Avatar of fire? Can you get a 100% physical to fire?

There's a few uniques with phys to fire but really the best you'd get is AOF with infernal blow.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
http://stashtablog.exiletools.com/

this is cool. it is the live stream of public tabs being updated. it's like watching the matrix

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Because I'm both a giant hipster and a giant min maxer, I'm going max block mistress of sacrifice blade vortex.

If this works as well as I hope, I'm going to be invincible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

Because I'm both a giant hipster and a giant min maxer, I'm going max block mistress of sacrifice blade vortex.

If this works as well as I hope, I'm going to be invincible.

I ran this last season (minus the Ascendancy of course) with Cybil's Paw and it was hilarious sustain. Gaining Bone Offering is just nuts.

This season is going to be max block, armour, Cybil's Chieftain Incinerate.

• Locked thread