Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

lol that's it, Mouz is loving dead to me. How the gently caress do you lose a 4v2 and that many 2v1s in the same game, especially with Niko going absolutely ham? loving hell.

The fact that I had skins on them at 4:1 has nothing to do with this, I swear

*edit HOLY poo poo I FORGOT ABOUT THE hosed UP PLANT IN ROUND 29. YOU'RE PROS FOR gently caress'S SAKE

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Fallen the best.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Maguro posted:

Check out the sick move at 0:19

https://www.livecap.tv/t/esl_csgo/uPeUIdXPYaU

EDIT: This is a flusha clip that just happened at IEM. It has been confirmed to be correct from the game's own demo, it's not a spectator bug.

He lifts his mouse a lot more than most people.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

That Fallen play just gave me a boner. Holy poo poo. If I did that I think I'd just retire, there's no topping that.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 2, 2016

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Smol posted:

Just came from work. How has NiP been playing? Any cool new strats?

[cantankerous old man at the backseats] OOOOLDDD!!!

(it's a really great play)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

real dilemma posted:

fer beat fnatic by himself

fer is so good

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Smol posted:

I was wrong about Kioshima being a 2015 superstar, but 2016 could definitely be the year of players like NiKo, fer and coldzera.

28 rounds against fnatic so far and NiKo has 36 frags :vince:

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Smol posted:

28 rounds against fnatic so far and NiKo has 36 frags :vince:

does this match even matter for mouz? WTF are the tiebreaker rules, there's going to be a 3-way tie for 2nd at 3-2 if mouz pulls this off

e: mouz have the worst round differential of the teams that would be tied, but is that the primary tiebreaker? if so they're playing for nothing other than impacting fnatic's seeding right now.

nm it doesn't matter mouz sucks free niko

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 2, 2016

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

LG is the loving poo poo

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

So did nip look like they could be decent again or was it a total poo poo show?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Goofballs posted:

So did nip look like they could be decent again or was it a total poo poo show?

they started off 6-0 against fnatic and then lost 16-14 with 2 alive as JW ninja defused.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

dex_sda posted:

That Fallen play just gave me a boner. Holy poo poo. If I did that I think I'd just retire, there's no topping that.

I had a fun 1v3 clutch last night. Everyone was yelling at me to move. My response was "naw, I got some doritos right here breh" 2 seconds before I blew off the last guy's head.

I can't imagine actually having a clutch like that on LAN in front of like a million people :vince:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I have made a video with some jan/feb recordings and I have set it to the soothing sounds of SBTRKT and you can view it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfVjWQm__k8

Tomorrow is our team's second league match (and the first of three this month) and I guess I'll probably make a short highlight thing out of that unless we get trounced

The maps are inferno (good for us) and train (send help)

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Bohemian Nights posted:

I have made a video with some jan/feb recordings and I have set it to the soothing sounds of SBTRKT and you can view it here:

Tomorrow is our team's second league match (and the first of three this month) and I guess I'll probably make a short highlight thing out of that unless we get trounced

NICE COD GUN BRUH

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

The awp shot to hide the footsteps was so good.

People actually plan this poo poo? Holy poo poo, that's some zen master poo poo, drat. :staredog:

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Finally ranked up one another win. So there you go, DMG -> LE is 11 wins, 3 losses, and what - 2 ties? Definitely feels much longer than other ranks.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

The awp shot to hide the footsteps was so good.

That's pro as hell. Usually it's my teammates talking

Bohemian Nights posted:

Good song

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
finally got to play nuke on my underwhelming mid 09 pc and it doesnt dip any frames
its good to be game

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

how long did it take you guys how to learn 2 aim

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
i dont think i can remember how many years of counter strike i've played, but you gotta stop thinking about years (cause during that time period people have played stuff like casual (when being a fresh noob),kz and surf) and you can really polish aim in a short time if you focus on it

i think it's a whole hell of a lot more important to get the "feel" of cs right, aka, making the movement and inaccuracy mechanics second nature. The biggest "aim" problem people have is not understanding that their shots are flying to a corner of the screen because they weren't completely still/failing to stutterstep properly/just recovered from a jump/tried to tap too fast/etc, which causes them to miss a shot and go "my aim is terrible oh no"

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I'll let you know when it finally happens

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Tbh aim is the first thing you'll 'get good at' if you're new to CS.

As long as your sens is kosher

e: your ability to aim will usually outpace your other skills in CS. Unless you're a decrepit old man whose been playing this poo poo for too long.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 3, 2016

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I suggest your sens starts around 10 or so. It's important to hone your sick flicks.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Yeah one thing you also gotta keep in mind is that you never truly get good, you just make dumb mistakes less frequently. Reach for that rainbow

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiros posted:

I suggest your sens starts around 10 or so. It's important to hone your sick flicks.

ah, the counter-strike thread. truly the dankest of the meme threads.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
today i had no shortage of bad times on cs
-arms race mission, where every time, EVERY time, I hit a guy for like 89 damage and some other stupid shithead sprays in his general direction and gets the kill, which is followed by a firing squad calmly strutting in line, preparing their arms, and making an impromptu belicose symphony with my body. of 4 games, 4 times i made it to knife moments before some idiot decides to honor the other leader's knifefight when they have a gun
-getting into matchmaking and despite doing 2 4ks back to back solo on b, a teammate wanted to kick me cause i got pushed from mid and I tried my luck at tunnels
-my keyboard going terry schiavo for no discernible reason mid game, couldn't even alt tab, it just didnt work. reboot.
-lag spikes in critical rounds, including an eco that results in a full b take that i cant participate in, making the numbers game not in our favor
-I got the last round 3v1 down to a 2v1. Alas, someone used my pc while it was in my hometown and put the loose A key back in its place. It came off as i faced the absolute shittiest awper who couldnt hit me on long despite my handicap of only being able to strafe right. but i was too distracted to land the shots because i couldnt strafe left

I am a calm man but sometimes i believe someone is testing me

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I rage reduced my sens from 1.35 to 1 (in game menu, dunno what the whole [num]@[dpi] is or how to do it).

Did a DM mission to test it out and just felt really frustrated.

Looked at my score in the end and I was topping my team and 3rd overall with 38/20 K/D when earlier I was wiffing everything.

TL;DR: NO YOUR SENS IS NOT LOW ENOUGH

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

mcvey posted:

e: your ability to aim will usually outpace your other skills in CS. Unless you're a decrepit old man whose been playing this poo poo for too long.

This is true, some kid earlier said I had the reaction times of a potato, and when I said I was old, 30 was his first guess at "old"

and he was correct, I'm hitting 30 soon

Still outscored his rear end though

e: .9@800 sens

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

ArfJason posted:

Yeah one thing you also gotta keep in mind is that you never truly get good, you just make dumb mistakes less frequently. Reach for that rainbow

this is the best way i've ever heard progress in CS:GO described

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

ArfJason posted:

someone used my pc while it was in my hometown and put the loose A key back in its place.

Tell me it is not a razer keyboard.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Once time I somehow lost a key when I was moving between apartments and Razer sent me a new one. e: a new key, not keyboard

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nftyw posted:

Tell me it is not a razer keyboard.

i cant imagine arfjason spending $3000 on a razor keyboard in argentina when just the other day he was dreaming of not using a folder as a mousepad

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

metallicaeg posted:

NICE COD GUN BRUH

ye boooy

Crain posted:

TL;DR: NO YOUR SENS IS NOT LOW ENOUGH

actually, turn up your sens. cs god hiko plays with 400/4 or something

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011
I really can't believe that the pros aren't using something like this to improve their game. "Give every gun in any game a perfect red dot sight!"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GV0LR64...0XZW95FH4SYTDF3

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

BeRandom posted:

I really can't believe that the pros aren't using something like this to improve their game. "Give every gun in any game a perfect red dot sight!"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GV0LR64...0XZW95FH4SYTDF3
Doesn't work on PC.

quote:

* Works with XBOX, XBOX ONE, PS3, PS4
* The HipShotDot is designed for Television use only. Not for use with laptop, gaming or pc monitors.
:pseudo:

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011
In the video at 45 seconds the guy clearly says it work on PC. I mean, it's probably way easier to write the code to be compatible with PC than for any of the consoles.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Be like my cousin, put a piece of clear tape in the middle of your monitor, use a sharpie to place a dot for your crosshair. Problem solved.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Phosphene posted:

Be like my cousin, put a piece of clear tape in the middle of your monitor, use a sharpie to place a dot for your crosshair. Problem solved.

i would bet money this is what king does

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Phosphene posted:

lol if you don't have a gaming monitor with a built-in crosshair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATYwuPl9M3w