Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MagnumOpus
Dec 7, 2006

Roleplaying a group of drunk soviet-era russian soldiers confused about being stuck in a video game played by american teenagers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Floppychop posted:

GTA online.

Rockstar is too busy going after anyone who dare threaten their profits than actual malicious cheaters.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Anime_Otaku posted:

So, is he the troll we need or the one we deserve?

honestly that sounds awesome.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Billy Elliot posted:

Scarf knitting?

If there isn't a scarf-knitting minigame DLC in the first year, this game will fail :colbert:

E: V Yeah, I only ran into one rogue player that was cool with it after I hunted him down. Every other rogue was screaming about NOOB SHITHEADS CAREBEARS BLAH BLAH BLAH every time they got their asses whupped. Hunting rogues and messing up people's plans to rogue/exploit ended up being more fun than ganking random people. Just seeing a manhunt kick off and beating them to the out of bounds hiding spot caused so many tears. :allears:

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 3, 2016

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Tenzarin posted:

How is that trolling?

I feel like it's trolling by not trolling. Zen trolling almost. Everyone expects a troll, but they don't get one. It messes with their heads a bit. "Is this guy on my side? Is he going to jump me once he's done saving me? Is he running away to come back and flank me with a shotgun?"

Plus, killing rogues and rogues only just seems like fun because they're the ones who will get pissed off the most.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ice Fist posted:

Roleplaying the police is absolutely something you can do in this game and it owns.

Just gotta run through the Dark Zone stealing scarves yelling Civil Forfeiture.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

CrashCat posted:

A Dark Zone Knight.

:downsrim:

Totally getting my bane voice on, gonna find him and stalk him. YOU MERELY ADOPTED THE DARK ZONE, BUT I WAS BORN IN IT.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Hey because I'm a big loving idiot I selected the PS4 for the AGENTORIGINS promo instead of the PC wtf can I do to get the pc version

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Dead Like Rev posted:

Totally getting my bane voice on, gonna find him and stalk him. YOU MERELY ADOPTED THE DARK ZONE, BUT I WAS BORN IN IT.

Goon on goon warfare! Let the masses truly become confused!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Dead Like Rev posted:

... goons running around the DZ reenacting both sides of batman,

loving up bystanders.

that would be my GOTY really.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

CobiWann posted:

gently caress it. Bought this game solely because of the chance to troll people in the DZ by being a guardian angel rather than a jackass.

Help the outnumbered guy, clear an extraction of looters, and just vanish. Actually sounds kinda cool.

this is how I played the beta, and it was indeed a good time. just dont vanish before extracting your newfound scarves n kneepads.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Blacktoll posted:

Hey because I'm a big loving idiot I selected the PS4 for the AGENTORIGINS promo instead of the PC wtf can I do to get the pc version
Make a new uPlay account

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Ahhhhhh that makes sense thanks. I was being dense.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

CobiWann posted:

gently caress it. Bought this game solely because of the chance to troll people in the DZ by being a guardian angel rather than a jackass.

Help the outnumbered guy, clear an extraction of looters, and just vanish. Actually sounds kinda cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz0egrNk83U

Also, I only played the Siege beta, but it let me unlock the "Rainbow 6®: Siege Tactical Suit" on the rewards page. :getin:

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 3, 2016

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Dumb agent origins code keeps giving me a blank code. Bleh!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I find it kinda odd that they didn't adopt the suppression mechanics from GRFS so bringing an LMG into PVP areas would be viable against other people.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sober posted:

I find it kinda odd that they didn't adopt the suppression mechanics from GRFS so bringing an LMG into PVP areas would be viable against other people.

I think it worked well enough with the SAW because the second you popped out of cover you'd be eating a shitload of lead, so it kept me down just fine. Singing 60s could be a pretty drat valid strategy. RPK got kinda hosed out of it because of the low mag size, though. It was pretty much an AR with reverse bloom, anyways.

Also, reinstalled Defiance to get some TPS shoot'n'lootin in, and well, I don't think I'll notice ~bullet sponges~ in the Division after taking 5-6 mags to drop some mook in that game :v:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The L85 lmg was legit really good.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I have a question for the full game release:

If you were to be murdered for your scarf in real life, where would you least like get shot first?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Oh gawd Defiance.
I hosed up by over-levelling apparently so everything in a Story Missions takes 6+ mags to kill. And what makes it worse is I can't join friends on Story Missions because it adjusts it to my EVO/EGO/Whatever level so they can't really kill things at all :eng99:

Also they took out the huge gently caress-off robot defending the bridge, that poo poo was cool.

Floppychop posted:

GTA online.
As long as they're not hacking mo-

Capn Beeb posted:

Rockstar is too busy going after anyone who dare threaten their profits than actual malicious cheaters.
Beaten.
95% of their efforts are to stop people from cheating in money, the other 5% is just poo poo they solve on the way of stopping people from dropping $$$.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Croccers posted:

Oh gawd Defiance.
I hosed up by over-levelling apparently so everything in a Story Missions takes 6+ mags to kill. And what makes it worse is I can't join friends on Story Missions because it adjusts it to my EVO/EGO/Whatever level so they can't really kill things at all :eng99:

Also they took out the huge gently caress-off robot defending the bridge, that poo poo was cool.

IIRC you actually take him out in one of the story missions? I remember there being a thing with it when I played last. Also the ego/whatever/blah system makes sweet gently caress-all sense. But I think they added like... scaling or something? Cause any time I do a thing around other people the number goes up? It's loving ludicrous but eh.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They did, it was called The Park

I wouldnt call that a game, it's more of a story on rails.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Billy Elliot posted:

Endgame is the DZ and item hunt. There's nothing announced, and speculation is that they'll announce something later on after release. OR the DLC will give all the "end game" that people want. I hate that word too, because "end game" is so vague and can vary from person to person. What type of end game do you want? Do you want raids? Do you want more meaningful PvP? More PvE missions in small 4 man squads? Scarf knitting?

There are also challenge difficulty on missions.

There is also Riker's which is pretty big mystery at this point... hopefully its the endgame, and if not is a raid to come with later content.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Dexo posted:

Name something you can change or do in Cheat Engine in this game and I will tell you how Fairfight would likely detect it and flag your account.

I've already told you about changing HP figures. Mostly any cheat involving the changing of anything governed by stats will get instantly detected the second you send out of wack data to the server and isn't even worth considering.

I will change my character model with street fighter v ryu.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

There is a contest going on with nvidia now, it's UK and Scandinavia only.

https://contests.nvidia.com/en-gb/the-division-contest

first code is here:

https://www.facebook.com/komplettno/posts/10153504539687075

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Naturally Selected posted:

IIRC you actually take him out in one of the story missions? I remember there being a thing with it when I played last. Also the ego/whatever/blah system makes sweet gently caress-all sense. But I think they added like... scaling or something? Cause any time I do a thing around other people the number goes up? It's loving ludicrous but eh.
The EGO level scales but it fucks up Gear stats. Last time I tried anyway.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sandweed posted:

first code is here:

They're really going all out with the promos for this.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, I was thinking of picking it up at some point. tell me if its good or not.

So far so good. Like I said, the basic conceit is that the book belongs to April Kelleher, a woman who got the guide as a gag gift, sort of like how "Zombie Survival Guides" became a thing not too long ago, which were rebranded Y2K/Prepper guides with a quick cut-and-paste. She's been using it as a diary of sorts, along with her notes about the author and the guide itself, which has a bunch of codes which indicate the author knew something about the Dollar Bug, or that SOMETHING was about to go down. "She" does most of the heavy lifting when it comes to cracking the codes though. It's handy to have some scratch paper and a pencil while you read it to take some notes yourself. These are all spoilers, but nothing you wouldn't find out within the first few pages anyway. Is it worth your time and money? I'll have to break it down.

Lore: Yes, absolutely. It gives you a frame of reference for the Manhattan we see in the game, especially for how things spiraled out of control, the breakdown of the government and infrastructure, etc. Well worthwhile.

Game Information: Remains to be seen, but given that pages of the guide can be collected in game indicates that tracking down locations, events, etc mentioned in the guide could be fruitful ie. ECHOs, Cell recordings, info collectibles, maybe even some equipment. Might give the JTF in game a better idea of what's going on (and unlock/improve the base). I'll make a stab at confirming this in the coming week.

The Book Itself: As a book on its own merits, I'd say the writing is good. The main text of the guide is direct and makes a good case for being prepared, while the meta-text of April's notes fleshes the events out nicely. It does the job sufficiently. plus, the artifacts included (missing poster, map, transit card, etc) really do help with immersion.

Overall, It's worth your $25 US.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Lars Blitzer posted:

You are now our designated Loremaster. Any lore related questions will be directed to you.

Can you give us some interesting spoiler?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
After your review, I ordered this book from Amazon UK. Better hope it holds up or I will recklessly steal your scarfs as revenge!

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Lars Blitzer posted:

Screw that book. I'm gonna get this (once I confirm it is available on my platform)

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Preload starts 03.03. 18:00. That is TODAY, get HYPED! Preload now so you don't have to load it on release day when the servers will slow to a crawl.

Edit:

Gravy Jones posted:

Screw that book. I'm gonna get this (once I confirm it is available on my platform)

But do they also sell a The Divison USB-powered Mug warmer to go with it? And a aporopriately branded piss bottle? If not then no deal. :colbert:

Hopper fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Mar 3, 2016

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Hopper posted:

Preload starts 03.03. 18:00. That is TODAY, get HYPED! Preload now so you don't have to load it on release day when the servers will slow to a crawl.

Care full goonbro remember what happened when you got exited for Battlefront?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Hopper posted:

I do not appear to have this option

I mean maybe I will tonight but I haven't even received my activation key so I kind of doubt it

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Sandweed posted:

first code is here:

Sweet, are you going to keep doing these?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

dogstile posted:

Sweet, are you going to keep doing these?

I don't work for Nvidia.

I found some sweet The Division cosplay.

Flower Power Beanie
Frazled Leather Jacket
Legendary Scarf (Raid Boss drop)
Trendy Aviators
Rocker Jeans
Aztec Style Wool Sweater (preorder bonus)

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 3, 2016

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
all that's left are the multiple GSW's

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Now I mosdef want to unload a shotgun in that face.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sandweed posted:

I don't work for Nvidia.

I found some sweet The Division cosplay.

Flower Power Beanie
Frazled Leather Jacket
Legendary Scarf (Raid Boss drop)
Trendy Aviators
Rocker Jeans
Aztec Style Wool Sweater (preorder bonus)

Lenny Kravitz would definitely survive the outbreak.

Also, I have officially preordered this lovely game, can't wait to have buyer's remorse after less than a week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Deakul posted:

Lenny Kravitz would definitely survive the outbreak.

Also, I have officially preordered this lovely game, can't wait to have buyer's remorse after less than a week!

Buyers remorse in 5, 4, 3, 2........

• Locked thread