Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Spoeank posted:

Here is the criteria by which Parm Basil bases his Alex Smith critique

(1) Does he slang it deep?

NO?! gently caress THAT GUY

Well, we lost a divisional playoff game due in part to a painfully slow last scoring drive so I feel like that's a worthwhile point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Kam Chancellor had the cops called on him when he was trying to check out a gym he was interested in buying.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-called-on-him/

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens released Daryl Smith, :rip:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Any Alex Smith talk needs to conclude with this gif because it's hilarious.

http://gfycat.com/CompleteTidyKinglet

Also, Smith is decent but has enough weaknesses to where it's safe to believe he'll get you a playoff win or two at most with not much else.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 3, 2016

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Would Parm be happy with Sexy Rexy as his QB?

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
Alex Smith loving sucks and it's baffling how much TFF defends him.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

korrandark posted:

Would Parm be happy with Sexy Rexy as his QB?

Not any more. He's been out for a while now. In his prime? Oh hell yeah.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Here is the criteria by which Parm Basil bases his Alex Smith critique

(1) Does he slang it deep?

NO?! gently caress THAT GUY

Hahaha, this is exactly how my father (who has only a passing interest in football) judges every single quarterback and I will never be able to convince him otherwise. At first I was frustrated, now I just go along with it. 1/20 for 60 yards and a TD? That's a great statline!

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

Not any more. He's been out for a while now. In his prime? Oh hell yeah.

Best Rex Grossman season

54.6% comp 3193 yards 23 TD 20 INT 6.7 Y/A

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Well, we lost a divisional playoff game due in part to a painfully slow last scoring drive so I feel like that's a worthwhile point.

That was more down to Andy Reids famous clock management skillz

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Parmesan Basil posted:

Wasn't that more Pederson/Reid's fault?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

we were down to Jason loving Avant as our primary receiver. Kelce was was locked down into double coverage. injuries completely killed off any chance we had at winning that game.

This was pretty sweet though https://gfycat.com/UntriedCluelessBoto

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ravens released Daryl Smith, :rip:
Nooooooo. Come retire a Jaguar Daryl, we still love you! :smith:

Alex Smith: Bad QB

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

sam bradford lmao posted:

Not really. Not much you can do when Smith can't hit receivers past ten yards and you need eighty. Bad two minute drives are a thing with Smith.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

korrandark posted:

Best Rex Grossman season

54.6% comp 3193 yards 23 TD 20 INT 6.7 Y/A

So a normal Smith season. He probably won't cost two seconds so he's got the edge.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yeah there's no way Alex Smith can engineer a quick game winning pressure drive in the playoffs it's all his fault let's pretend it's not Andy Reid's MO and ignore when he outdueled Drew Brees.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Parmesan Basil posted:

So a normal Smith season. He probably won't cost two seconds so he's got the edge.

^ You might want to subtract 15 interceptions from that. That's pretty important

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Yeah there's no way Alex Smith can engineer a quick game winning pressure drive in the playoffs it's all his fault let's pretend it's not Andy Reid's MO and ignore when he outdueled Drew Brees.

To be fair, he had a lot of help with what, 4 NO turnovers in the first half? Alex Smith loses an even shootout with Prime Brees 10 times out of 10.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Spoeank posted:

This is literally true. Smith drives take forever because he never throws downfield. You can't dink and dunk the whole time.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
A quarterback isn't a quarterback unless they can take a knee at the 50 and bomb the football through the uprights.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Chromatic posted:

To be fair, he had a lot of help with what, 4 NO turnovers in the first half? Alex Smith loses an even shootout with Prime Brees 10 times out of 10.

That's unfair though, there isn't many quarterbacks in NFL history who would win a shootout against prime Brees

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DariusLikewise posted:

A quarterback isn't a quarterback unless they can take a knee at the 50 and bomb the football through the uprights.

And the wind whispers "JaMarcus" and the corpse of Al Davis does one final pirouette.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

I don't even need bombs. Just a bigger range of passes. 32 attempts over twenty yards is atrocious and predictable.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Mystic Stylez posted:

That's unfair though, there isn't many quarterbacks in NFL history who would win a shootout against prime Brees

True enough. All I'm saying is that he had a lot of help with that game and he didn't really outduel him. Maybe went punch for punch with him in the last couple of minutes but that's all he had to do.

Smith is still pretty meh to bad when playing from behind.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chromatic posted:

I was talking solely about the two 4th quarter drives he engineered in that game.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Marvin has had enough of T.O. crying lol

quote:

“I wasn’t concerned at all (about the possibility he and Owens would split votes and thus deny each other entry this year),’’ Harrison told TOF’s hosts Ron Borges, Rick Gosselin and Clark Judge this week. “I’m not concerned about, you know, T.O. Not one bit. I was concerned about myself. I wasn’t worried about splitting the vote with anyone. That was it.

“The person who was supposed to get in got in. And that was me. If he didn’t get in, that’s his problem. He can talk all that other bullshit like he’s been doing. That’s on him. But I’m in. My jacket is gold. I will look in the rear view for nobody.

“So he can get his rear end in whenever he gets in … if he gets in. If he doesn’t get in too bad. The hell with him.’’

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I would be super defensive too if they asked me about someone much better than me immediately after my crowning accomplishment.

PS sorry TFF I should have known better.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah seriously. TO is a dickhead but Marvin is a loving criminal, so even canceling out the fact that TO not getting into the HOF is a complete farce, it's hilarious Marvin is taking the low road on this.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

sam bradford lmao posted:

Nah, it's Alex Smith's fault that the Chiefs D couldn't get to Brady who was behind a 4th string offensive line and playing with 1 viable receiver.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

It wasn't just Andy Reid! The Chiefs receivers all thought going out of bounds would give you super cancer. Like seriously, they were catching out routes then turning back in to fight for an extra half yard instead of 30 seconds.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Marvin should just kill T.O., that'll shut him up

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It's kind of funny Marvin Harrison had come back into media interest after being inducted to the HOF. That guy disappeared off the face of the earth after the murder stuff came to light.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

To be fair, Harrison disappeared every January.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

:thurman:

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Kalli posted:

:vince:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Kalli posted:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Nah, it's Alex Smith's fault that the Chiefs D couldn't get to Brady who was behind a 4th string offensive line and playing with 1 viable receiver.

I know you're desperate to get back at me, but please note I said Smith's failure was a part of the loss. Don't let your anger cloud your reading.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Kalli posted:

Lock you doors and dont wash your car this year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Parmesan Basil posted:

I know you're desperate to get back at me, but please note I said Smith's failure was a part of the loss. Don't let your anger cloud your reading.

Lol it's like you have the same perception issues in all areas of your thinking

• Locked thread