Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Still coming soon for me in UK.

[edit] And it's out!

Roid666 fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Referral spam ahoy

http://goo.gl/Yc125C

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Used it!

Here's mine:
http://goo.gl/ihIADv

I'm a master baiter.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

some nerd made a Clash Royale thread

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Fishing buddies!
http://goo.gl/94RndX

pixfix
Nov 4, 2010

GET IN THE BIN
Fisherman here
http://goo.gl/CLKkNe

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Gone fishing
http://goo.gl/BWDGLd

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Clash Royale seems pretty fun so far.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
http://goo.gl/bYVdCc

I'm ready to do so phishing!

shinymodem
May 21, 2007
Beep boop I'm a fish
http://goo.gl/Msu3Jj

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
Get those fishes!

http://goo.gl/DlX96W

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Oooh, I'm close to the fishing fun bucks tier of friend-spam!

http://goo.gl/TEJdIZ

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
One more fishing friend for the thread

http://goo.gl/iFGzQc

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
im looking for some good rpgs, with a proclivity for jrpgs.
i played the dragon quests, chrono trigger and twewy. no interest in the final fantasies.
so im lookin at the chaos rings games. should i start with the first one or can i just jump to the latest/best entry, whichever that may be?
wouldnt mind any other suggestions if youve got any

also, is there anything like appshopper but for android games? something where i can throw games on a list and be notified if/when they ever drop in price or w/e

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Okay.

I just got an Android phone -- I have PAD -- what else do I need to get to play?

I'm also waiting for the English version of Granblue Fantasy.

Shinino Kage fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 3, 2016

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

AfroGunsou posted:

also, is there anything like appshopper but for android games? something where i can throw games on a list and be notified if/when they ever drop in price or w/e

AppSales. They also have a website.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Is anyone stupid enough to still play Marvel Puzzle Quest? I decided that I hate myself and started playing it again once I figured out that my account information was saved via Facebook.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Epsilon Plus posted:

Is anyone stupid enough to still play Marvel Puzzle Quest? I decided that I hate myself and started playing it again once I figured out that my account information was saved via Facebook.
Don't do it man, you have so many better match 3 choices :ohdear:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
What's good lately? The Magic: the Gathering Puzzle Quest game runs like poo poo on my phone and the individual matches take way too long to really be enjoyable/poop breakable, that was the last one I tried to enjoy.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
PAD not available in Australia... still.

What the gently caress man.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Also, how do you guys (if you do) download apps from the Japanese store? Do you guys create an account and use a VPN, or do you download from elsewhere?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Shinino Kage posted:

Also, how do you guys (if you do) download apps from the Japanese store? Do you guys create an account and use a VPN, or do you download from elsewhere?

When I downloaded the Japanese version of Rune Story (Shironeko Project), I used something called Qoo App. These were the directions I followed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/shironeko/wiki/howtoinstall

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Shinino Kage posted:

There's a couple of ways to do it, but the easiest is just googling a website that will download apks for you from the play store, region and device free. Then you just put the apk on your phone, either directly through a cable, SD card, or throwing it up on Dropbox or whatever and installing it from there. Most everything will run on any device, and I can't think of any games off hand that actually cares about where your phone is located geographically or where the IP is routed through once it's on your device.

With something like Granblue Fantasy, there's even just a chrome app you can run on your computer and play it like that, if you want. And there's no region or location settings you need for that, either. Of course, you still need an apk for your phone or tablet, but it's another way to check it out if someone is interested in seeing what it's like, or if the language barrier might be too much.

It's usually just the big companies that region block their games currently, as recently it seems that a lot of the smaller and more indie stuff I follow has been accessible in the US region.

lags
Jan 3, 2004

Bit late to the party but here's some fishin! 🎣
http://goo.gl/dsb6wE

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Quick Seabeard question: I am flush with pearls (over 200), and want to know if there's anything I should spend them on. Already got an inventory upgrade and upgraded the warehouse once (that thing was like a loving breath of air) - can I just spend it on another inv upgrade, and maybe upgrade a seller's inventory, or is there something down the line that I should be waiting for?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is there a goon clan on Clash Royale?

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

Montalvo posted:

Is there a goon clan on Clash Royale?

Yes. See here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766559

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thanks!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Is the English text option of Granblue Fantasy out yet?

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

AfroGunsou posted:

im looking for some good rpgs, with a proclivity for jrpgs.
i played the dragon quests, chrono trigger and twewy. no interest in the final fantasies.
so im lookin at the chaos rings games. should i start with the first one or can i just jump to the latest/best entry, whichever that may be?
wouldnt mind any other suggestions if youve got any

Tales of Illyria is a solid choice, though not the prettiest game you'll ever play on your mobile. It costs about a dollar, there is some IAP though it is just there to make the game easier or to throw some bucks at the creator. There are a couple of sequels as well.

They are big games, both in install size and world size. I think they can be played offline as well, I don't really remember since it has been a while since I've played. But since there is a new one, I might have to revisit.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Is the English text option of Granblue Fantasy out yet?

Not yet, but as long as I'm not burned out and still playing when it happens I'll post about it in here when it does. I've heard it should be this month, but it sounds like that may have just been speculation that some people have latched onto as fact.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Potsticker posted:

Not yet, but as long as I'm not burned out and still playing when it happens I'll post about it in here when it does. I've heard it should be this month, but it sounds like that may have just been speculation that some people have latched onto as fact.

I've seen it was going to be this month back in September but no news ever since.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I've seen it was going to be this month back in September but no news ever since.

Hopefully it does, then. And hopefully they bring back 1/2 cost main quest when they do, because now that that's over it's much harder to keep plinking away at while also running Event stuff inbetween. Being able to blaze through the early islands certainly helped when going through the newbie routine learning the game and how its systems work.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

March 10th is the anniversary of the game I believe, there'll be an update that day to make the gacha slightly more friendlier is all I know.

Potsticker posted:

Hopefully it does, then. And hopefully they bring back 1/2 cost main quest when they do, because now that that's over it's much harder to keep plinking away at while also running Event stuff inbetween. Being able to blaze through the early islands certainly helped when going through the newbie routine learning the game and how its systems work.

Once you're at like chapter 30, you can pretty much sit back on story quests for awhile. Unless you want to open up chapter 54+ where materials for gunslinger bullets are. But man 1/2 cost was fantastic for grinding out magnas, filled out my earth pool along with the celestial event.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Drakes posted:

March 10th is the anniversary of the game I believe, there'll be an update that day to make the gacha slightly more friendlier is all I know.

Once you're at like chapter 30, you can pretty much sit back on story quests for awhile. Unless you want to open up chapter 54+ where materials for gunslinger bullets are. But man 1/2 cost was fantastic for grinding out magnas, filled out my earth pool along with the celestial event.

I've only made it to Chapter 18 so far. I'm still pretty new at only rank 36. I was spending a lot of my AP clearing free quests to build up enough crystals to get a second 10 roll during the Legend Fest instead of just clearing chapters. The only thing I can't clear in the current event is the Hell mode boss, and of course I'm not getting MVP on the Extreme one, but I'm still getting enough out of it in terms of items that it felt completely worth it to go all-in on it. I've gotten two copies of the SSR weapon and about 12 or so combined of the SR ones.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah when I was poking around yesterday the Granblue's March thing came from the company themselves at Tokyo Game Show and there hasn't been an update about whether they're on schedule or it's delayed since as far as I can tell. Looked like it might be an interesting diversion from Summoners War for a bit at least, hard to say without being able to actually play it fully.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Drakes posted:

Question:

Should I wait until this thing launches in the US (presuming that's what's happening), or should I go ahead and grab the JP version now and puzzle it out?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Either way. The English release will just be a language option, not separate servers or whatever.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Wizards and Wagons is a new fantasy trading game with tower defence elements which looks quite interesting. Its gotten a couple of good reviews on iOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Shinino Kage posted:

Question:

Should I wait until this thing launches in the US (presuming that's what's happening), or should I go ahead and grab the JP version now and puzzle it out?

If you're itching to see what the game is all about then theres nothing wrong with hopping into the game as it is, and yeah its not quite an english/NA release but simply an option for english menus/texts. If you do intend to get deep into this its highly recommended to make an account during a legendfest where the gacha rates are 2x. This is primarily to lock your "start-dash" pool to contain exclusive characters from the legendfest, start-dash promo basically allows you to cherry pick whatever was in the pool during time of account creation and a 10-roll for $30. Legendfests are typically at the end/beginning of months.

Been playing since November myself, and its alright not knowing any japanese once you're used to navigating the menus. While you can use google translate if you're playing via browser emulation. And if you're into collecting collabs stuff then starting early is certainly better.