Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

fsif posted:

Deflategate round 2 is going to get more coverage than the Peyton sexual assault lol

Tom Brady molested America's Sport though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
A reverse in favor of the NFL will likely set a major legal precedent against Unions and labor in general if you care about that sort of thing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A reverse in favor of the NFL will likely set a major legal precedent against Unions and labor in general if you care about that sort of thing.

all I care about is tom brady's life going poorly

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

4 Ring Shrimp will take an L though

Some storms have rainbows at the end

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's really funny that Tom Brady put his dick way up the NFLPA's rear end during the lockout, but needs them real badly now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's really funny that Tom Brady put his dick way up the NFLPA's rear end during the lockout, but needs them real badly now.

Tom Brady was one of the ten main plaintiffs for the NFLPA during the lockout...

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

Deflategate round 2 is going to get more coverage than the Peyton sexual assault lol

There can only be one saggy ball story

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Wait so what are the actual consequences of this? Could the suspension...come back...?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Blarfk posted:

Wait so what are the actual consequences of this? Could the suspension...come back...?

If Brady loses, depending on how they rule it could go back down to Berman or they can decide it themselves. I'm not sure what decides which.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Blarfk posted:

It's on the table, yes.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

quote:

Kessler exclaimed: “I sense you're being influenced by your view of the facts!”

“We are being influenced by your briefs,” said Parker.

Did Aaron Sorkin script out this exchange?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

WHOOPS posted:

Did Aaron Sorkin script out this exchange?

Not verbose enough

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I am a bit confused here. Legally speaking the entire point of this appeal was based around whether Berman overstepped his bounds to overturn Goodells ruling as arbiter. The NFL argued that he did, the NFLPA argued he didn't. So shouldn't the questions today been focused around whether Berman's justifications for his decision were wrong rather than focused on the evidence presented in the original case?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

TAWM BRADY THE LAST STANDING DEFENDER BETWEEN UNIONS AND BIG BUSINESS

:jerkbag:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Tom Brady was one of the ten main plaintiffs for the NFLPA during the lockout...

Ah, but he also started the player revolt that lead his union caving on things like Goodell getting the powers of judge and jury bc he "just wanted to go back to work" lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I am a bit confused here. Legally speaking the entire point of this appeal was based around whether Berman overstepped his bounds to overturn Goodells ruling as arbiter. The NFL argued that he did, the NFLPA argued he didn't. So shouldn't the questions today been focused around whether Berman's justifications for his decision were wrong rather than focused on the evidence presented in the original case?

Correct

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Spoeank posted:

TAWM BRADY THE LAST STANDING DEFENDER BETWEEN UNIONS AND BIG BUSINESS

:jerkbag:

This is disingenuous and not what I'm implying at all. Unions and labor rights don't get torn down by large profile ground breaker cases. (with some exceptions) They get whittled away little by little over time until on paper the Unions still exist and appear to have power but in actuality are legally gutted. This would contribute to that.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hmmm maybe tom brady shouldn't have cheated then none of this would have happened makes u think

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ehud posted:

you shouldn't cheat at football!

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/judges-appear-to-side-with-nfl-in-appeal-of-tom-brady-case

quote:

NEW YORK -- T*m Br*dy’s attorney was knocked around Thursday afternoon during the NFL’s appeal of the decision to Free Brady handed down by Judge Richard Berman back in September.

Judges Robert Katzmann, Barrington Parker Jr. and Denny Chin were the three-judge panel in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.

The Tom Brady filter when people are quoting news sources will never stop being funny

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Can't wait for Brady to loose, appeal to SCOTUS, and Ballghazi becoming a key part of the confirmation hearing

:suicide:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DOOP posted:

Can't wait for Brady to loose, appeal to SCOTUS, and Ballghazi becoming a key part of the confirmation hearing

:suicide:

Culminating in Obama nominating Goodell to the SC

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

Most the reason I care is because Pats fans are trying to rewrite history and pretend that the ball deflation—which totally isn't a big deal anyway—never actually happened and the ideal gas law destroyed Brady's phone and came up with some nicknames.

:ninja:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

From what I recall about the Berman decision he didn't even rule on the NFL's supposed lack of impartiality, which would then allow the appeals court to take a look at the evidence in favor of or against the cheating allegations. Also because the NFL, as per the CBA, is not required to be impartial even if they lie and say they are. The three things he ruled on IIRC were that

The NFL's lack of notice about possible punishment
Brady and his legal team not being able to question Pash during the investigation
Brady and his legal team not being able to review the Wells notes

All three things are objectively true but of course the judges can argue that they aren't significant enough violations of the CBA, or the spirit of the CBA, to undermine the arbitrators original ruling. But they don't seem to be focusing on that at all. Which is confusing to me.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TubeStank posted:

Hmmm maybe tom brady shouldn't have cheated then none of this would have happened makes u think

"Tom Brady's deflated balls directly contributed to the fall of labor unions in the early 21st century." - history book my son will read some day

Nov 6, 2002

IANAL but let me tell you exactly how these clowns on the Federal Appeals Court should be ruling in favor of American Hero Thomas Edward Brady.

uh uh uh, did you know if Brady loses, Goodell wins? as a wise man once said if you're not with us you're with the enemy

Nov 6, 2002

I am not worried because President Trump will vacate any possible suspension.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is disingenuous and not what I'm implying at all. Unions and labor rights don't get torn down by large profile ground breaker cases. (with some exceptions) They get whittled away little by little over time until on paper the Unions still exist and appear to have power but in actuality are legally gutted. This would contribute to that.

Speaking of disingenuity. Jesus Christ. This will have literally zero bearing on any non-multimillionaire based union cases in the future.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NC-17 posted:

I am not worried because President Trump will vacate any possible suspension.

oh my god this is actually what's going to happen Hahahaha

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
NFL is going to win. NFLPA negotiated a contract that let the NFL do whatever it wanted to protect the integrity of the game. For this the players they represent get a share of revenues. If suspending a cheating rear end jerkwad is not protecting the game and said revenues I don't know what is.

Also gently caress the Patriots forever and ever. I miss when they were an easy win on the schedule.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I still have the wells report thread bookmarked to remind myself why I must work tirelessly to bash ehud and his pee brain

Nov 6, 2002

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I still have the wells report thread bookmarked to remind myself why I must work tirelessly to bash ehud and his pee brain

Bookmarked? I'm getting ink this weekend.

Get on my level bitch.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

wait is it pee or pea

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Speaking of disingenuity. Jesus Christ. This will have literally zero bearing on any non-multimillionaire based union cases in the future.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this case, at its very core, revolve entirely around the question of whether a CBA can grant an arbitrator indiscriminate authority to rule on a labor dispute no matter the perceived fairness of it? That an arbitrator doesn't need to act in "good faith" but can rule in any way they want? How would that not affect CBA's at other levels of work?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Can we make a special thread for this? I nominate Ehud for OP.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

Also gently caress the Patriots forever and ever. I miss when they were an easy win on the schedule.

Only 4 more years to go. We can make it, friend

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I somehow miss that thread

Ehud posted:

all I care about is tom brady's life going poorly

lmao I want this written on my grave

Nov 6, 2002

swickles posted:

Can we make a special thread for this? I nominate Ehud for OP.

I dunno, is it possible to create a thread in the Gas Chamber?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Ehud posted:

wait is it pee or pea

You have a big old urination water logged head

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

NC-17 posted:

I dunno, is it possible to create a thread in the Gas Chamber?

Admins need to bring back the Retarded Forum for Assholes. Though I think that might technically be the current election forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I just can't wait til this overturned and some does the name change to 4 GAME SUSPENSION SHRIMP.

• Locked thread