Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Two words, Cover Puzzle.

Someone e-mail Johnathon Blow right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
If they introduce item sets, they better inflate the stash from those
measly 30 slots... Unless they mean clothing which is assimilated but that would make a set account wide use so I doubt that.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Not really too bothered about vehicle bosses, kinda seemed like that was going to happen anyway. Given the setting is trying to remain mostly realistic beyond the actual gameplay mechanics, you only have so many things to make raid bosses out of unless you just go full Fallout super mutant or something.

We don't know that for certain, but one would figure adding some food/water scavenging survival mode where going rogue is still a thing would probably be better used with the whole map than just the small constrained area that the darkzone provides.

Darkzone is huge what are you talking about.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Hopper posted:

If they introduce item sets, they better inflate the stash from those
measly 30 slots... Unless they mean clothing which is assimilated but that would make a set account wide use so I doubt that.

idg why you would even have multiple characters in this

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Two words, Cover Puzzle.

Oh, like Speed Buster in No More Heroes?

Tenzarin posted:

Are there bad guys covered head to toe in kevlar? Like the tin can guys in FC3?

There's a PMC faction that I don't think have been shown in gameplay videos, only cut scenes, they might have something like that. Also the flamethrower guy, and the boss version of it did have their whole body covered and were quite bulky looking.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 3, 2016

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Dead Like Rev posted:

Let's be real, I do a hell of a Hank hill and any goon who has played with me knows it. Hank will save this city and deliver us from charcoal.

Bad Company 2 King of the Hill Chopper Time is an inordinate number of the best hours I've ever spent playing games. Whatever propane or propane accessories the Dark Zone needs, I got.

quote:

Please tell me this is what they meant by "sets", instead of being stuck using Rifle A+shotgun B+Pistol C because it makes Rifle A good.

From context it looks like they are gear changes, not Trendy Set Of The Looter. So like if you wanna be the combat medic you choose Set 1 and put on all your +Tech Gear, and if you wanna be the squad sniper you choose Set 2 with your Marksman Rifle and all your +headshot damage. I imagine it's gonna be like WoW where a tank has a shield set and a 2h damage set and all you need to do is go into the menu and hit the set button to equip all of it rather than have to go piece by piece.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Gender-specific scarves.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Anime_Otaku posted:

There's a PMC faction that I don't think have been shown in gameplay videos, only cut scenes, they might have something like that. Also the flamethrower guy, and the boss version of it did have their whole body covered and were quite bulky looking.

Rikers "unique" guy seems to be a dude in like double-layered Riot Armor who just clunkily walks forward blazing with an M249. #LifeGoals

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

Two words, Cover Puzzle.

Oh, so the Warpriest bossfight from the King's Fall raid in Destiny. That was a good fight!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Do you really have to ask?
1 for goon shenanigans
1 for my regular PvE group of RL friends

... and another 25 or so to harvest sweet sweet scarfs of course

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I have the game in my hands but PS4 servers can't be powered by dreams alone. :negative:

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Dr Cheeto posted:

Nobody listens to betas :smug:

:haw:

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

I used it for saving a different character loadout. I had one character in stam/electronics gear with SMG/LMG and then an attack/stam guy with sniper and assault/SMG gear.

If it's a thing, I'm going to make DZ bracket alts. So I'll have a level 10, 20 and 30 or whatever they split them too. I sure hope the DZ isn't just 1-29 and level 30. I had a lot of fun with a level 7 guy in the beta's and hope I can do similar on live with brackets that have various skills locked out or lower end gear.

Billy Elliot fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 3, 2016

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
"The service is not available at this time".

Inevitable but no less depressing, aww.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

My wife will have a character and I will. That's why.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

TG-Chrono posted:

My wife will have a character and I will. That's why.

Why not two accounts so as to play at the same time?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

MysteriousStranger posted:

I'm assuming if you only have one PC/PS4/Xbox and one TV...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MysteriousStranger posted:

Questioning the reason how/why people play games different from them. Never change goons.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Hopper posted:

Do you really have to ask?
1 for goon shenanigans
1 for my regular PvE group of RL friends

... and another 25 or so to harvest sweet sweet scarfs of course

but why wouldn't you just use one character to do both of those first two things

why wouldn't you just accumulate all of your scarves on one character

on some RPG's I'd get why you'd do that but I don't see the point here unless like the other guy said, you want to play as a man and a woman, or if you're just really itching to try out a slightly different skin tone or facial structure or beard

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Tenzarin posted:

Questioning the reason how/why people play games different from them. Never change goons.

it's not goonish to ask why two people who both want to play a game specifically designed around multiplayer and grouping up with friends would not play together come off it

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ok so lets solve this puzzle:

I have $50 in PS Store bux, I've used my 20% of coupon when i bought my PS4
I have Amazon Prime.

What's the cheapest way for me to either get The Divison (digitally) + Season Pass, or The Division Gold (digital).

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Any way to preload this without having a key on PC?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

FoolishLobster posted:

Any way to preload this without having a key on PC?

Not that I've heard of.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

but why wouldn't you just use one character to do both of those first two things

why wouldn't you just accumulate all of your scarves on one character

on some RPG's I'd get why you'd do that but I don't see the point here unless like the other guy said, you want to play as a man and a woman, or if you're just really itching to try out a slightly different skin tone or facial structure or beard

Some might want one character to play on their own, then one they play with friends so everyone is levelling up at the same time. Once you are 30 that won't matter, but for leveling up I can see it.

In the beta you would only get to loot certain cosmetic stashes once. You'd find a random apartment, get a piece of clothing, and then could not loot it again on that character. Since clothing is shared between characters you could create an alt to loot those places again and also to help out civilians, getting more stuff to wear.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The fashion division.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Tenzarin posted:

The fashion division.

So The Division is really the division between well dressed murderhobos and shoddily dressed loot pinatas?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Dead Like Rev posted:

Let's be real, I do a hell of a Hank hill and any goon who has played with me knows it. Hank will save this city and deliver us from charcoal.

Wait, were you the one that did 50 Shades of Hank in Planetside 2?

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
So I was thinking, there were a lot of abandoned bicycles on the streets. While cars and driving around doesn't seem appealing for this I wouldn't mind riding a bike into battle and ghost riding it into the Alexes

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Pivit posted:

Some might want one character to play on their own, then one they play with friends so everyone is levelling up at the same time. Once you are 30 that won't matter, but for leveling up I can see it.

In the beta you would only get to loot certain cosmetic stashes once. You'd find a random apartment, get a piece of clothing, and then could not loot it again on that character. Since clothing is shared between characters you could create an alt to loot those places again and also to help out civilians, getting more stuff to wear.

Are the civilians in need finite or do they just keep recurring?

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009
I can see having a second character for playing with friends that don't want to sperg level like me. I'll probably make it a twink if that's possible at a mid range bracket.

Level 7 twinking in beta with another doing the same was like being a God King.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Akion posted:

Are the civilians in need finite or do they just keep recurring?

I think the first time you helped someone in a certain area you'd get a cosmetic drop. After that any civilians in the same place would only have a roughly 20% chance of giving cosmetic things. I don't know if that is how it actually works but that is what it seemed like to me from the two betas with 2-3 chars each time. It was a good way of getting weapon sprays.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Tei posted:

I will update my recommendation to avoid the turret in the darkzone from "worse than useless" to "fluff but could be fun, I guest".

Time to see if I can stack enough electronics to be a summoner mage. :getin:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Pivit posted:

oh I didn't know about that bit. I just assumed all of those places would respawn.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

thebushcommander posted:

So I was thinking, there were a lot of abandoned bicycles on the streets. While cars and driving around doesn't seem appealing for this I wouldn't mind riding a bike into battle and ghost riding it into the Alexes

If only, a fixie would really complement my murderhipster getup.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Did someone say Amazon sends you a code to pre download, or did I just read that in a fever dream.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Invalid Validation posted:

Did someone say Amazon sends you a code to pre download, or did I just read that in a fever dream.

Generally you would log into your amazon account, and then look at digital purchases and it should be listed there.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
What's everyone's favorite irl gun to shoot innocent people with to get their pants?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

What's everyone's favorite irl gun to shoot innocent people with to get their pants?

The SCAR-H, because the name SCAR is what I'll inflict emotionally on their wHore of a mother when they learn I cut down their baby boy for his pair of JNCOs.

Also, guns used often in 90's rap music.

JNCO apparently meant "Judge None Choose One"

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Ill put money down on one of the raid, sorry, Incursion weapons being a crossbow.

$1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

A Lorcin, of course.

• Locked thread