Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Are the servers dying for anyone else? I'm stuck talking to someone for like 5 minutes and then I go offline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Yep, they dont have enough channels.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

LumberingTroll posted:

This. And it really doesn't help that staying logged in, AFK is both encouraged and highly beneficial.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 4, 2020

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

kalstrams posted:

I'm on mid-tier media laptop (i5-i4210U, 850M) and I'm playing. I had to make the game look like poo poo, but it runs, and should run well everywhere excluding cities and peak mass PvP congestion.

Wow, a 1.7 GHz CPU can still run the game? I should have no problem then.

Can you troll the armies of AFK people like you could in Archeage with a hauler and dragging them into mobs?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

balistafreak posted:

Wow, a 1.7 GHz CPU can still run the game? I should have no problem then.

Can you troll the armies of AFK people like you could in Archeage with a hauler and dragging them into mobs?
No. You can get mobs to kill their horse though, but then their horse must be outside safe area while they AFK, which is unlikely.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/04/black-desert-online-conversation-and-amity-guide/

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

RIP servers right now. I guess it's to be expected for launch day, still sucks though.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jesus loving christ I knew this poo poo was complicated but got drat :psyboom:

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Did anyone get compensation scrolls yet?

futile
May 18, 2009

LumberingTroll posted:

Who woulda thunk

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pet breeding is not in for now.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of pets, if you level them up do they collect poo poo faster for you or what?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

DancingShade posted:

Speaking of pets, if you level them up do they collect poo poo faster for you or what?

Not that I know of, they just get some more passive abilities and poo poo.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

Not that I know of, they just get some more passive abilities and poo poo.

Oh :saddowns:

Well thanks for the info anyway.

I can see the appeal of a bunch of pets to save you mashing F frantically when you're in farming mode in a high respawn area but... I mean, it's just an F key and if pets only pick poo poo up every 10 seconds then they seem like a waste of money.

Plus you have to feed the fuckers. Eat the fallen you drat parasites :argh:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
We got about 25 people in the 7 day temp guild right now. I won't be expanding it unless we need to and will be focusing on getting guild skills.

housemaster!!1
Oct 6, 2015

DUNT 4GEHT 2 FLAAHP UR ARRMAZ
I don't like it... Got to level 12 in like 15 minutes and it was boring as hell.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
4 slots left in main guild; we just unlocked the final slots (100) earlier this evening

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

kibato posted:

I don't like it... Got to level 12 in like 15 minutes and it was boring as hell.

Once you get your donkey, you can start doing what ever in the game. That is about 12 or 14. It just takes time to get to that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

kibato posted:

Don't worry, gear and indeed skill points have nothing at all to do with character level. Good luck! :v:

DarianX
Mar 18, 2009
Ready to get in and get stabbed. What do I need to do for mumble chat privs and to be added to primary Goon group?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Yes, they do. The hawk starts at 10? seconds, and mine is level 6 now and he gathers every 5.2 seconds.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Having a hard time adjusting to their control scheme :s

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I'm running around using my sword on things. Sometimes I press up when I left click, sometimes I press shift and sometimes I press both mouse buttons at once. It's completely random what I do. I do not however press F to use the kick move that the game stressed was important because it will help me defeat my foes. I don't do it because it's an awkward key to press in an action combat game.

Am I playing this game right? Is there an order I should do the above in? Does dodging feel as sluggish as I think it does? I'm having a difficult time understanding how they want me to play their game. I get it's a hokey asian grinder and not to be taken seriously but I'd like to understand it a bit better and make the attempt to have fun.

Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun slicing and dicing goblins with my random moves but the whole thing just feels weird to me. I know a lot of you have played a ton of these types of games and I'd like to get your take on how it compares to other things you've played. I'm probably just over thinking the game now that I think about it.

Also am I reading this right? Outfits are almost as much money in the cash shop as the entire game cost?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Play game, have fun, don't over think it. Some skills are weird to time, but you will get used to it. Also controllers are pretty cool if those help you.

And yah, the cash shop prices are dumb and they have no reason to lower the price due to how many people bought 100 dollar packs. Over 50% of the goons thought that a 30 dollar game is worth 100 dollars so daum has very little reason to think you guys won't buy a few costumes for 30 bucks each.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Random thought: I was thinking of for personal use making a node tool to work out the best way of getting a specific set of nodes (say you want to connect 3 cities and get this farm) would that be interesting to anyone? Maybe even one for city buildings too.

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

balistafreak posted:

How kind is this game to people with potato-tier computers? That is to say, how much performance will I lose if I have a rig slightly beneath minimum system specs? It's only slightly - like 0.2 GHz, and a slightly weaker GPU, although everything else is way above minimum for what it's worth - but is IS beneath specs.

Will the game still be remotely playable or will everything go to hell?

I'm moderately curious about this game and I have a traded-for account for it I more or less acquired by accident (thanks, grey markets), but my old tower was retired for having its GPU die, so all I have is this relatively-robust-for-a-non-gaming-laptop for now.

Play it! miss your sweet gently caressing voice in mumble <3 -Quurk

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

Stormgale posted:

Random thought: I was thinking of for personal use making a node tool to work out the best way of getting a specific set of nodes (say you want to connect 3 cities and get this farm) would that be interesting to anyone? Maybe even one for city buildings too.

you should, you should also note nodes with decent lodging, storage and other rooms that are worth getting. Been trying to consolidate nodes to maximize contribution points, saved 7 points, got T4 storage and T2 lodging by doing so.

Toscani Farm near velia is a great node to get beer materials.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Is it worth making beer? I was thinking about it tonight, but doing afk fishing while I do some chores around the house are usually enough to buy more beer than i need from the market and actually crafting beer needs input from me iirc, or is there a workshop for brewing somewhere?

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

Feindfeuer posted:

Is it worth making beer? I was thinking about it tonight, but doing afk fishing while I do some chores around the house are usually enough to buy more beer than i need from the market and actually crafting beer needs input from me iirc, or is there a workshop for brewing somewhere?

saves money and just make an alt to mass produce it for you

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
I'm sorry I'm single handedly responsible for losing the war against ~Laughing Coffins~ when i was AFK murdered while running to Calphenon.

We are now 0 kills for 1 death.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

ohsosad posted:

I'm sorry I'm single handedly responsible for losing the war against ~Laughing Coffins~ when i was AFK murdered while running to Calphenon.

We are now 0 kills for 1 death.

:argh:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This is such a dumb question but I'm gonna ask anyway; is the order of the characters on your character selection fixed in the order you made them? Or can you move them around yourself (like WoW)/they move around depending on which one you logged in as (like SWtOR)?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Pierson posted:

This is such a dumb question but I'm gonna ask anyway; is the order of the characters on your character selection fixed in the order you made them? Or can you move them around yourself (like WoW)/they move around depending on which one you logged in as (like SWtOR)?

Order you made them in. And they take 24 hours real life time to delete.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Yes.

My hawk started at 12 sec and I got it down to 8 sec by letting it get hungry and filling it up with stable food one time.

Agonist
Jul 16, 2009

Stormgale posted:

Yes please.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Stormgale posted:

If you stick it on github, I'd be happy to contribute.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Stormgale posted:

If nothing else I could math my route from Velia to Heidel(to Glish to Keplan) to Calpheon. From those places I can tendril out to any leveling areas I want.

Glish is also a surprisingly good crafting town, refinery 3 and tools 3/4.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I don't suppose anyone has any documentation of what benefits maxing out a city's energy investment gets you? Just curious because Valia has a max level of 12 apparently, while Heidel is at something like 50?

I could have been misreading it though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stormgale posted:

:perfect:

Did you even have to really ask? Of course this would be amazing.