Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I'm feeling like in the next chapter Kin'emon will start talking about what Oden saw with Roger on Raftel and Luffy will cut him off saying he doesn't want to go on a boring adventure like that, setting up yet another cocktease courtesy of Oda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Law's flashback involved child refugees of a war getting massacred.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The current arc had people turned into slaves and all memories of you wiped out. The previous arc had children test subjects addicted to giant opium.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Begemot posted:

I mean, JoJo ran in Shonen Jump until 2005.

Gamaran also ran just a few years ago and that had people getting straight up chopped in half. By the protagonist!

HxH has cannibalism and childen having their heads bashed in. That's in Shonen Jump, right?

There's bloody poo poo in that magazine.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Man with Hat posted:

HxH has cannibalism and childen having their heads bashed in. That's in Shonen Jump, right?

There's bloody poo poo in that magazine.

Seriously, the start of Chimera Ant was loving nightmarish.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So on Roger's Crew we apparently had Clover who went on to teach Oharan scholars how to read ponyglyphs and Oden, the last guy who knew how to read and create ponyglyphs. Additionally Roger could apparently read them himself. Man, if Robin didn't survive Ohara then all of Roger's plans would be for naught as no one would be able to read the directional ponyglyphs or read the true history when they got to Raftel.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Are you confusing Crocus and Clover?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Gyges posted:

So on Roger's Crew we apparently had Clover who went on to teach Oharan scholars how to read ponyglyphs and Oden, the last guy who knew how to read and create ponyglyphs. Additionally Roger could apparently read them himself. Man, if Robin didn't survive Ohara then all of Roger's plans would be for naught as no one would be able to read the directional ponyglyphs or read the true history when they got to Raftel.

Clover wasn't a Roger pirate (or at least hasn't been confirmed as one so far). All it took was a few scholars and a single Poneglyph for someone to crack the language, so it's not without the realm of possibility for others to learn how to do it again. There may also be a DF that lets people read any language.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gyges posted:

man, it was really weird when Oda revealed one piece is set in a postapocalyptic my little pony world

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Astro Ambulance posted:

Specifically, Brook is 8'8", and pre-timeskip was 88 years old.

because pianos

God drat it Oda

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Astro Ambulance posted:

Specifically, Brook is 8'8", and pre-timeskip was 88 years old.

because he is a secret nazi

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Kaido is a self-insert character.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Brook's songs all have 14 words.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Asuron posted:

They matter for the history of the world.

Four point to Raftel yes, but that's not the only important thing in the story. They give us context as to what exactly the World Government was hiding and what could be hidden on Raftel. Plus they also store information on the goddamn super weapons and other important plot stuff, which also ties back into Robin's personal goal of knowing the full history of the world. Reaching Raftel without knowing all the other information first is pointless because you don't have the full view on things and can come to potentially false conclusions, which is exactly what Rayleigh told Robin.

The story doesn't stop at just knowing where Raftel is and reaching it, there's alot more going on than that.

Fine better question then is do you believe that we'll see anymore Ponyglyphs that aren't the road to Raftel ones?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Should Robin be a D or does it take away from Jaguar D Sauls sacrifice

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Veskit posted:

Fine better question then is do you believe that we'll see anymore Ponyglyphs that aren't the road to Raftel ones?

We still don't know anything about the third superweapon.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Veskit posted:

Considering Wano creates them and they're going to go to Wano. Yes.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Veskit posted:

I think we will, or at the very least learn more about the ones Robin find prior to joining the crew. You need to read all the poneglyphs to complete the Rio poneglyph so it stands to reason that the introduction of the Road poneglyphs doesn't negate the importance of every other poneglyph.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

LostRook posted:

Are you confusing Crocus and Clover?

I could have sworn I saw Clover in one of the various Roger flashbacks, though it may have been in the anime because they love to "help" with character establishment.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Kild posted:

Considering Wano creates them and they're going to go to Wano. Yes.

I wonder if Oda will dump several Poneglyphs at once at Wano considering the Kouzetsu (Kougetsu?) clan are the ones who made them?

It's interesting since Kaidou seems explicitly interested in finding the Poneglyphs. I think this is the first chapter that's made it clear that the Strawhats and Roger weren't the only ones looking for the Poneglyphs (besides the World Government who wants to suppress them).

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The Strawhats as a group aren't looking for poneglyphs. They just know their buddy Robin likes the weird rocks so if they see one they let her know.

Well, now they're looking for at least 3.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I wonder if Robin will teach Momonosuke how to read the Poneglyphs. It is his birthright, after all.

I think it would be sweet :3:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Mr. Fowl posted:

I wonder if Robin will teach Momonosuke how to read the Poneglyphs. It is his birthright, after all.

I think it would be sweet :3:

That's an interesting thought. But doesn't the study of poneglyphs take a lot of intensive studying, as per Robin's flashback? I don't think that's time the Straw Hats really can spare from The Yonkou-Face-Punch schedule.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

That's an interesting thought. But doesn't the study of poneglyphs take a lot of intensive studying, as per Robin's flashback? I don't think that's time the Straw Hats really can spare from The Yonkou-Face-Punch schedule.

It isn't like Oda's going to give her a fight she needs to be a part of to distract her from it :v:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Teaching in Wano would be an excellent end to Robins story when One Piece concludes

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Who says teaching Momonosuke needs to happen right now? There were kids like Shanks on Rogers' crew and the same could happen with Momonosuke. Robin could teach him the ancient language along the way and he could retake his father's place in Wano after all is said and done. Robin would likely want to rebuild what was once in Ohara once the WG no longer exists.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Teaching in Wano would be an excellent end to Robins story when One Piece concludes

Was just thinking this. If the crew splits up after the end of the story, Robin teaching Momo how to read poneglyphs would be nice. :unsmith:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

We still don't know anything about the third superweapon.

I wonder if it's the devil fruit tree

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I really wonder how the story is going to continue after Zou. I can't see the crew being split up again so quickly after they had just got back together. Going after Sanji and Big Mom seems the likely course of action, but we keep getting more and more info/reasons for the crew to go after Kaido.

I still think that Oda introduced the Wano characters too early. They have been bit part players for two arcs now, and if the next arc is Big Mom, then they will still just be hanging around.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I really wonder how the story is going to continue after Zou. I can't see the crew being split up again so quickly after they had just got back together. Going after Sanji and Big Mom seems the likely course of action, but we keep getting more and more info/reasons for the crew to go after Kaido.

I still think that Oda introduced the Wano characters too early. They have been bit part players for two arcs now, and if the next arc is Big Mom, then they will still just be hanging around.

Luffy will obviously send his armada after someone.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Luffy goes to stop Sanji's wedding, but finds himself pounding on the glass of Kaido's wedding.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Or Oda will find a way to collide Big Mom and Kaido's storylines together.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I wonder if that Whitebeard Jr. Character will make for a hilarious groomsman of some sort... I have no idea how he and his mother's plot thread is gonna weave into this, but it seems like it is going to at some point.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

alkanphel posted:

Or Oda will find a way to collide Big Mom and Kaido's storylines together.

Turns out Kaido is actually Sanji's godfather.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Luffy crashes the wedding, unknowingly being chased by Edward Weevil, the Marines, and Jack. The wedding ends up as a massive battle and Luffy and Sanji end up escaping unscathed.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Ace gets killed though, again

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Ace gets killed though, again

No need to bring Batman into this grand wedding melee now.

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded

Poor kid. Even when they first met, Luffy wanted to turn him into food.

kypdjk
Jul 22, 2007

His personality is so magnetic he is unable to carry credit cards. He once had an awkward moment just to see how it feels. He is the most interesting man in the world.
I am hoping that Jimbei returns and joins the strawhats bringing the fourth poneglyph as a gift! I think it is hilarious that nekomamushi says that "no one in their right minds would carry something like that around" because it immediately made me think of Jimbei during his cover story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Luffy crashes the wedding, unknowingly being chased by Edward Weevil, the Marines, and Jack. The wedding ends up as a massive battle and Luffy and Sanji end up escaping unscathed.

The wedding ends up being the plot of one giant comedy of errors.