Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

basking rootwalla is not getting reprinted, if only because the flavor makes no sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Gridlocked posted:

On the other hand we could see a Big Game Hunter functional reprint (I don't think an actual reprint because Human Rebel Assassin seems out of place in an Innistrad set), Dark Withering, we know Fiery Temper is on the way and perhaps Grave Scrabbler or Brain Gorgers as they rather fits the theme.

Late, but I want Rebels to be a faction in SoI, if only because that opens up the possibility of having a faction of Rebel Angels :devil:

(this is not a serious prediction)

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

JerryLee posted:

Late, but I want Rebels to be a faction in SoI, if only because that opens up the possibility of having a faction of Rebel Angels :devil:

inb4 Rebel Angel, Rebel Demon and Nephilim but the ones from Ravnica :getin:

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
I know it doesn't really fit with the flavor, but Wizards absolutely should have changed Investigate to "Assemble" and Clue to "Contraption".

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

JerryLee posted:

Avacyn, Defiant Archangel
1WW
Legendary Creature — Angel Rebel
1/3
X, T: Search your library for a Rebel permanent card with converted mana cost X or less and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
3: Put target Rebel card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library.

Elyv posted:

basking rootwalla is not getting reprinted, if only because the flavor makes no sense

I like how doing the thing that enables madness with the Aristocratic Vampire lady turns it into a bat(errrrr)poo poo crazy berserker.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Mar 4, 2016

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Gridlocked posted:

inb4 Rebel Angel, Rebel Demon and Nephilim but the ones from Ravnica :getin:

Creature - Rebel Rebel

{2}: Put your mother in a whirl.
{T}: Tear your dress.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Rebel Yell

Creature - Billy Idol

{T}: More, more more.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Rebel Girl

Creature - Queen of My World

{T}: Change Rebel Girl's Creature type to "Queen of the Neighborhood"

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Johnny Yuma 2BW

Legendary Creature -- human rebel M

When Johnny Yuma blocks, if the attacking creature's power is equal to or larger than Johnny Yuma's power, put attacking creature on the bottom of its' owner's library.

Cannot receive Star tokens.

with a dream he'd hold/til his dying breath/he'd search his soul/and gamble with death

2/2

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Rebel Wilson WW

Legendary creature - human actress

1: remove 6 age counters from Rebel Wilson. If you're caught, add 71 and change creature type to mermaid.

1/1

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Owen's latest article is hilarious

quote:

I went 14­-0 in my first 14 matches with the deck before playing against Reid Duke in the finals of an 8-person event on MTGO and losing—he was playing Atarka Red with Nissa. I dismissed the deck.

I asked Reid to play me some more games to test my deck. He claimed to be busy playing a Daily Event. I checked out the event and he’s 1-­2 receiving a bye in the final round.

Quick anecdote: So many people were playing Hardened Scales that on Day 2, when I would ask if my opponent had dice and wanted to high roll for choice of play or draw, I knew that all the people who didn't have dice were not playing Scales.

GP Beijing mat has Sorin brooding among a bunch of vampires stuck in walls. Looks like a wrath of some kind

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Barry Shitpeas posted:

GP Beijing mat has Sorin brooding among a bunch of vampires stuck in walls. Looks like a wrath of some kind

That's gorgeous, looks like it's the outcome of Nahiri wrecking poo poo. Could be a wrath, or with Sorin looking contemplative it could be a black draw spell.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Blue Mythic spoiler out, from that puzzle thing:

Plays with Madness, plays with reanimating itself... Seems alright.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Might be playable, but I don't think blue likes playing with no hand. Probably great for limited, probably a 6/6 for 5 or better most of the time.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

This is pretty good with Heir of Falkenrath. Great flavor too.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Definitely something I would expect Owen to do while trying to get an edge. Does he still go to table to table on day two asking for match slips so he can update his spreadsheets?

There is a grinder in my local meta that does things like this fairly often. He is the guy who will ask you what you are playing before game one at competitive rel. He is the type that will cut your deck, check out both bottom cards, and then argue with the judge during the judge call. He is also the type that will be slow to show up to his table, so that he can walk behind his opponent shuffling on the way to his seat to try and get a glimpse of what his opponent is playing.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This guy sounds like a tremendous jackass.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Cernunnos posted:

I don't own a copy of Clue so I can't really use those. :(

I will, however, pull out my pile of Clue Tokens from Arkham Horror for Pre-release. :v:
:hfive: AH clue tokens are going in my dice bag as soon as this set hits. Wonder if I could order an extra sheet from FFG.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Thopters are a lot easier to kill than clue artifacts. I do think a decent investigate card or two could revive the Thopter Spy Network deck.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Forgot the other one:

Pretty close to Arrogant Wurm.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Why the hell aren't images embedded anymore?

Thanks Lowtax!!!!!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Angry Grimace posted:

Forgot the other one:

Yep. Both uncommon which hurts a bit but I'm in on B/R Agro for shaodws :getin:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Serperoth posted:

This seems pretty fun with Gifts Loam in Modern, but it's probably not great.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The art in this set is a definite step up from other recent sets.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Angry Grimace posted:

Forgot the other one:

The cast of Twilight is pretty goddamn ripped.

They can take out a group of trained elite soldiers.

Though they'll angst into the grave as well.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Who likes bears with upsides?

Note: the abilities are different, so you can pay XB and get him back in your hand AND return a guy.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I love Innistrad

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

They finally broke through that window from Endless Ranks, huh.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Serperoth posted:

Note: the abilities are different, so you can pay XB and get him back in your hand AND return a guy.

More like "Who likes bears at mythic" jesus christ.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I like the callback to Endless Ranks of the Dead

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

quote:

I asked Reid to play me some more games to test my deck. He claimed to be busy playing a Daily Event. I checked out the event and he’s 1-­2 receiving a bye in the final round.

Am I reading this correctly, that Reid made a polite white lie excuse because he didn't feel like playing Owen, so Owen detective'd him and blew up his spot in an article? What a psycho.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Serperoth posted:

I like that this card is basically the aftermath of Endless Ranks of the Dead

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

PrinnySquadron posted:

They finally broke through that window from Endless Ranks, huh.

Big Window's time is up!!! Also, that should look good in foil.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

wait holy poo poo, this guy can block

when was the last time they printed a gravecrawler variant that could block

I guess needing BBB in total to come back is enough but that lovely dude in dtk still couldn't block and he cost 2BB min

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

mehall posted:

I don't want to play against 'endlessly recur multiple blockers' in limited too often tbh

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:swoon:

This is the best zombie I could have ever asked for, thank you Wizards.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mcmagic posted:

The art in this set is a definite step up from other recent sets.

Yeah, definitely.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Serperoth posted:

Just wanted to point out that this is a 7/7 flyer with sword hands. This is Geralf's attempt to create a stitched version of Griselbrand.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

mehall posted:

Being at any other rarity would break limited over its knee, so uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

It's also a really cool card that does a bunch of powerful stuff. How is it not mythic?

• Locked thread