Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

ohsosad posted:

I'm sorry I'm single handedly responsible for losing the war against ~Laughing Coffins~ when i was AFK murdered while running to Calphenon.

We are now 0 kills for 1 death.

you best unfuck this score or i'll have drinkfist put another notch on his gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Where is the discord info for this game? Besides not in the OP

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

:perfect:

Did you even have to really ask? Of course this would be amazing.

I'll talk about the reqs for this this weekend, shouldn't be that hard to A* search with some requirements, especially with a (for path searching) small nodebase.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Jackard posted:

Everyone is on mumble.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
this game is awesome for nolifing

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Jackard posted:

Some of us hang out in the SA Discord, but that's mostly as an IRC replacement for text chat. Voice-wise, everyone is in Mumble.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
I don't think I saw the latest patch notes posted here yet, if they were I'm sorry, if not, here you go:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/31245-patch-notes-%E2%80%93-march-3rd/

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
first guild is full up! message grithok for the parksandrec secondary guild

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

Does anyone have one of those guest passes for the game? I'm interested, but would like to give it a shot before buying since I'm pretty picky with MMOs. :(

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Kerafyrm posted:

Does anyone have one of those guest passes for the game? I'm interested, but would like to give it a shot before buying since I'm pretty picky with MMOs. :(

there's a thread for it in pgs

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766704

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Is this game something for me if I mostly want to pve and craft ? I really hate getting ganked out of the blue, when I just want to casually bumble around most of the time.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

lewtt posted:

first guild is full up! message grithok for the parksandrec secondary guild

Is that really the name, because if so, I drunkenly chose the perfect character name. LeslieKnope at your service.

Also I hate my drunk self.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Hammerstein posted:

Is this game something for me if I mostly want to pve and craft ? I really hate getting ganked out of the blue, when I just want to casually bumble around most of the time.

If you like to craft and choose to do so in BDO you will never ever ever ever be bored. I don't even like crafting and I'm doing it in this game because the pursuit of min/max never ends.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

You should definitely give the trial a shot. I've spent hours just bumbling around finding weird things in areas that speed runners get through in like 15 minutes.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Hammerstein posted:

Yes definitely. The endgame is pvp focused. But the crafting is incredibly in depth. I have been stuck at level 15 for a while now just doing crafting quests and learning the systems and I don't feel any pressure to get back to killing things yet.

That said, the combat is really fun and fluid and I am excited to do more.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity

Kimsemus posted:

If you like to craft and choose to do so in BDO you will never ever ever ever be bored. I don't even like crafting and I'm doing it in this game because the pursuit of min/max never ends.

I've been playing a pretty good bit ever since the $100 shitlord package start date, and I'm only 25 because the crafting / economy systems have fully sucked me in.

I keep telling myself i'll grind and level up and then I see a quest symbol and go completely off rails.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Pryce posted:

Is that really the name, because if so, I drunkenly chose the perfect character name. LeslieKnope at your service.

Also I hate my drunk self.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Jesus loving christ I knew this poo poo was complicated but got drat :psyboom:
That explanation is overly long. Here's a TLDR:

The only two numbers you need to pay attention to when picking topics are under Interaction Effect. While they happen to be calculated off of other numbers floating around, you have no control over the other numbers so they don't matter and you should ignore them.
Sparking Interest = % chance of success, success seems to carry over to next topic (important)
Interest = range of possible gains if success

Then depending on your success, you accumulate Maximum Favor and Accumulated Favor.
Maximum Favor = prior MF + interest gain
Accumulated Favor = prior AF + interest gain + all prior (successful) interest gain

There. Now you know what to do. Stack high % success with high interest first to get (a) easier success later and (b) higher accumulated favor since the early gains are added again for each later success. The "special" modifiers basically don't matter at all. Oh, and if the goal is to fail, then obviously pick things that fail, though obviously you won't be able to gain much amenity.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 4, 2016

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Thanks for the crafting info.

Last question before I leap in: is crafting gated behind normal class levels or can I be a level 1 lowbie and at the same time the greatest crafter ever ?

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
I havent been this addicted to an MMO since Ultima Online :negative:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Hammerstein posted:

Thanks for the crafting info.

Last question before I leap in: is crafting gated behind normal class levels or can I be a level 1 lowbie and at the same time the greatest crafter ever ?

As far as I know there is no levelgating for crafting outside of your crafting level; i.e. a level 1 can be a professional level 10 tradesman dude

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

crazystray posted:

Yes definitely. The endgame is pvp focused. But the crafting is incredibly in depth. I have been stuck at level 15 for a while now just doing crafting quests and learning the systems and I don't feel any pressure to get back to killing things yet.

That said, the combat is really fun and fluid and I am excited to do more.

Exactly my experience too. This game is going to suck up so many hours. There's so much satisfaction having all your workers out running around for you and building stuff. I'm not planning on pvp-ing, but the combat is really fun so I don't mind that side of it either.

All that said, the learning curve reminds me of EVE's vertical wall to start. So much happening in the UI and on the map.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

SirBuddha posted:

saves money and just make an alt to mass produce it for you

Do my workers on my main still produce stuff while I produce the beer on my alt? Cause if not I'm not seeing much of a saving there, especially since money is such a non issue for me atm unless i would start to buy carts and ships from the market instead of producing them myself.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Strategy posted:

I havent been this addicted to an MMO since Ultima Online :negative:

This is the post that made me buy this game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So lets talk zinc, tin, lead, and coal.

Zinc is not easy to get. The worker nodes are not in the game yet.
You need zinc for Brass ingots. East of velia, in the mountains as far east as you can go, you will hit an invisible wall for valencia. There are nodes there as well as 3 rock types that can drop it. The rocks are plentiful. The zinc is not.

Tin is pretty easy to get, hell workers can mine it.
You need tin for bronze and the majority of your tin seems like it will come from Trent Village nodes. This poo poo is also in the rocks east of velia on the mountain.

Lead, gently caress lead. You can have workers mine it.
You can mine it with npcs around the Khoplan, Glish and Calpheon region. This poo poo is also in the rocks east of velia on the mountain.

Coal. There are a few worker nodes for this.
Khoplan is the go to place. This poo poo is also found east of velia on the west side of the mountain.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Feindfeuer posted:

Do my workers on my main still produce stuff while I produce the beer on my alt? Cause if not I'm not seeing much of a saving there, especially since money is such a non issue for me atm unless i would start to buy carts and ships from the market instead of producing them myself.

Your workers are server wide. So is max energy but not individual energy. Investment points are also server wide.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Thanks, I'll roll an alt right away. Wanted to have a wizard alt anyway.

Kyuzo
Aug 14, 2002
This housing spreadsheet has been posted before. It's pretty, but not really made for searching. So I reorganized the data to make it easy to filter. You should be able to create a temporary filter view from the Data menu, for your personal filtering.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

what about me

well you are guild leader

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kyuzo posted:

This housing spreadsheet has been posted before. It's pretty, but not really made for searching. So I reorganized the data to make it easy to filter. You should be able to create a temporary filter view from the Data menu, for your personal filtering.
Here's instructional video on temporary filters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKaR_7C1CIQ

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Does anybody have an extra guest pass from purchasing the game? I would like to try it out, not sure if this is something I want to spend money on or not. I have PMs if you have a code, TIA.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
This game is pretty neat but doesn't seem to explain a lot of stuff. Starting out just following the quests and I end up at a 'node'. But I couldn't do anything with it, it said I needed to go to the first node. So I went to what I thought was the first node but it didn't let me do anything with it :|

Also I did some conversations with people and not sure what that did. I just right clicked on dudes that had a high success rate and put them in some layout and I guess I got something?

Also, is there a class with no, or easy combos? All the abilities seem to have different ways of activating them and I'm bad at remembering the combos :(

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

D-Pad posted:

Does anybody have an extra guest pass from purchasing the game? I would like to try it out, not sure if this is something I want to spend money on or not. I have PMs if you have a code, TIA.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766704

Agonist
Jul 16, 2009
Holy poo poo, instead of F and then ENTER to sell all, F and spacebar works as well.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Danith posted:

This game is pretty neat but doesn't seem to explain a lot of stuff. Starting out just following the quests and I end up at a 'node'. But I couldn't do anything with it, it said I needed to go to the first node. So I went to what I thought was the first node but it didn't let me do anything with it :|

Also I did some conversations with people and not sure what that did. I just right clicked on dudes that had a high success rate and put them in some layout and I guess I got something?

Also, is there a class with no, or easy combos? All the abilities seem to have different ways of activating them and I'm bad at remembering the combos :(

Talk to the node manager, click 'node management', and then it will open your map. In the top left area there will be a button that says "Invest Contribution" -- that's how you activate a node.

Some nodes are just connectors, and others have resources that you can have workers gather. If there are resources, when you click on the node on the map it will open up and show you the "sub nodes" that have resources. You have to unlock those individually as well.

Wizards have some pretty easy and spammy combos.

Kyuzo posted:

Thanks for this! Much easier to parse this way.

LegalPad fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 5, 2016

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

It seems there are a lot of people in the thread that purchased but not many in PGS giving out codes.

There are a bunch of goons in the thread linked above (not just myself :) ) that want trial codes if any of you game-havers would be so kind to go there and drop some codes for people.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Has anyone built a fishing boat? It seems to be a pretty massive undertaking. I am going to have a few hours to play tonight and plan on getting started. If anybody wants to help or donate resources that would be awesome and we can fish together when it's done with the eventual goal of making a fishing pact. :sureboat:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I can't get a feel from the last few pages, is the goon population split fairly evenly between servers or is SFD more of a special-interest group for goons who played STO/GW2?

I'm trying to pick out a class that will both be challenging to play and be useful in endgame PVE content. I'm tired of playing boring tanks with three buttons. Sorcerer seems to be awesome and complex, but Reddit kept mentioning that it's the worst in PVE. Any truth to this? I don't mind having to learn to not suck, but I don't want to be doomed to have the worst DPS no matter what.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Richard M Nixon posted:

Sorcerer seems to be awesome and complex, but Reddit kept mentioning that it's the worst in PVE. Any truth to this?
Pretty sure they're full of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
Anyone want to level together? Level 15 ranger. Name is Mern