Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Personally I would go with William Gay, but Steelers WRs do have a good track record in DWTS

I hope Antonio wins so I can have more videos of yinzers looking like totally obsessed idiots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaAl0XHGcRM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
And now for something completely different.

https://streamable.com/y81o

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

NC-17 posted:

And now for something completely different.

https://streamable.com/y81o

Is...is that Richard Sherman?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yes

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/18322/richard-sherman-rob-gronkowski-ride-tandem-bike-for-commercial-shoot

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Gronk is a gift

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Thank God Suggs wasn't his habitual dumb piece of poo poo self and wasn't arrested for killing a man or something [insert Ray Lewis joke here]

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

VJeff posted:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Eagles restricted free agent OL David Molk announced he is retiring from the NFL.

I only found this strange because the dude is 27.

Bomani talked about this on a recent episode. This is going to start happening way more often as guys have made a little money and realize that more money isn't worth becoming a walking corpse/killing themselves in their 40s and 50s.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Chad Orzel, physics professor at Union, blogs (including about Forbes) and did a post about Deflategate a while back. You can see the Patriots fandom has made great progress along the stages of grief.

https://twitter.com/orzelc/status/705489513544589317

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Yeah they ain't complaining anymore because by now they are totally convinced nothing happened

edit: VVVVVVVVVV :allears:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mystic Stylez posted:

Yeah they ain't complaining anymore because by now they are totally convinced nothing happened

can confirm

Pats fan coworker said, "Did you see they're trying to suspend Brady again? Give me a break. It's called the ideal gas law. It's the same reason I have to fill my tires when it gets cold out."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

can confirm

Pats fan coworker said, "Did you see they're trying to suspend Brady again? Give me a break. It's called the ideal gas law. It's the same reason I have to fill my tires when it gets cold out."

Tell him its actually the Ideal Gas Suggestion.

That or that van der Waal's law would probably give a better approximation so his point is moot.

Then tell him what moot means.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Isn't that a meeting of ents?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
:laffo:

https://twitter.com/NESN/status/705739835995082752

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

swickles posted:

That or that van der Waal's law would probably give a better approximation so his point is moot.

Isn't that the guy who runs 4chan

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

It's like a cow's opinion.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Falcons had to issue an apology after one of their coaches at the combine asked Eli Apple if he was gay

Eli Apple posted:

“The Falcons coach, one of the coaches, was like, ‘So do you like men?’ It was like the first thing he asked me. It was weird. I was just like, ‘no.’ He was like, ‘if you’re going to come to Atlanta, sometimes that’s how it is around here, you’re going to have to get used to it.’ I guess he was joking but they just ask most of these questions to see how you’re going to react.”

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

How is that any more invasive than "Would you gently caress your mom" or whatever they asked other dudes

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/raylewisknife

in wake of the OJ news, this is a good account that exists since 2010

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

fsif posted:

Cuba Gooding Jr.'s not rushing to judgement.

I can believe that

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Silly Burrito posted:

I love you for this.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Flacco's average cap number for the rest of his contract is $25m :stare:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Joey doesn't share food

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Eli Apple is a smart dude

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The browns president who has been portrayed as an incompetent crony just "parted ways" with the team. Hopefully it means the new management team is making the right decisions.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Lessail posted:

This isn't going far enough. Disband the Patriots and remove them from the record books and move the Celtics to Seattle

Red Sox to Portland, too.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Nuke Boston with Tom Brady as ground zero imo

bring Gisele back here where she belongs before that though

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hey someone hacked into Donald Trump's voicemail and GUESS WHO made an appearance: http://gawker.com/voicemails-appear-to-reveal-donald-trumps-cozy-relation-1762690660

quote:

Tom Brady, whose friendship with Trump is well-documented, opens one message with “Donald, it’s your favorite quarterback.” He opens a second with, “Hey big guy, it’s your favorite NFL quarterback calling.” (Don Yee, Brady’s agent, said his client did not recall leaving any voice messages for Trump and could not speak to the authenticity of the messages one way or the other.)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm not exactly taken aback that a man who publicly expresses his friendship for The Donald has left him voicemails, but lol at the way he identifies himself

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

fsif posted:

Hey someone hacked into Donald Trump's voicemail and GUESS WHO made an appearance: http://gawker.com/voicemails-appear-to-reveal-donald-trumps-cozy-relation-1762690660

I don't know why, but this makes me dislike Brady slightly less.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nope, probably hate him even more.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Intruder posted:

lol at the way he identifies himself

Nov 6, 2002

That's also how he calls Goodell.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

NC-17 posted:

That's also how he calls Goodell.

That is how he calls everyone. Even Pey Pey

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is how he calls everyone. Even Pey Pey

Except Eli, who he just immediately hangs up on

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I like to imagine that Trump is just not calling him back because even he doesn't like him all that much, and Tom is just leaving repeated "hey Donald.... It's me again..." voicemails.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eli can't figure out why he keeps getting all these callbacks from Donald on messages he never left

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Just caught up on the thread and here are some thoughts:

1. The Steelers own, and I got some good pleasure reading the playoff loss laments
2. If you have multiple driving with a suspended license infractions, it becomes a felony in many states (older brother had a DUI and 3 license suspension infractions, 4th would have put him in jail for 6mos mandatory).
3. gently caress the Patriots

Nov 6, 2002

Old Tom Coughlin is a lover spurned.

quote:

When Tom Coughlin interviewed for the Eagles’ head-coaching vacancy in January, he spent most of the meeting bad-mouthing the Giants.

That’s the word from Gary Myers of the New York Daily News, who reports that Coughlin’s interview with the Eagles was a “disaster” and that Coughlin acted like a jilted lover trying to initiate a rebound relationship with the ex’s biggest rival.

“NFL sources say his hard feelings for the Giants came through loud and clear in the interview with the Eagles brain trust, which included owner Jeffrey Lurie, and he was obsessed with how he felt wronged by the Giants. He was not forthcoming about his plans for his staff. He came off more concerned with making the Giants look bad than being consumed with coaching the Eagles,” Myers writes.

The report also suggests that Coughlin may be an unwelcome presence for new coach Ben McAdoo, saying Coughlin still uses the Giants’ facility to work out, which comes across as “looking over McAdoo’s shoulder.”

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

Eli can't figure out why he keeps getting all these callbacks from Donald on messages he never left

Eli is confused because he thought the Kajeet his dad got him only could dial and receive calls from his parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

NC-17 posted:

Old Tom Coughlin is a lover spurned.

I thought Walter Matthau died years ago

• Locked thread