Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

vOv posted:

My copy of the 3.0 OST arrived. I just realized that I don't actually have a Bluray reader installed in my desktop to read it with. Goddammit.

I was able to download the tracks from my ps3 for the 2.2-2.55 OST using a built-in feature of the CD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

vOv posted:

My copy of the 3.0 OST arrived. I just realized that I don't actually have a Bluray reader installed in my desktop to read it with. Goddammit.

If you have any Blu-ray player, you can (well, should be able to) download them from the player using a built-in web server that it can run. I know it works on the PS3 (like Drizvolta says) but conceptually it should work with any Blu-ray player. (Although I wouldn't at all be surprised if there are ones that it doesn't work with.)

Sekret
Dec 6, 2001
Curse you, Massive Genitals!

Farg posted:

does anyone know of blue scrip rotations for crafters? I'm trying to level up my CUL past 56 but everything I find requires like 400 CP and I have 310 or so.

I'm not a crafter, but with gathering the answer was "get more GP any way possible", through food and melding.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

I'm with the Maelstrom and I don't remember him addressing me as Lieutenant.

As flames, "I expected nothing less, lieutenant" I may have imagined the emphasis on lieutenant

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Farg posted:

does anyone know of blue scrip rotations for crafters? I'm trying to level up my CUL past 56 but everything I find requires like 400 CP and I have 310 or so.

If you're just trying to level, send your retainers out for a shitload of yak milk and bake muffins until you're sick of baking muffins. There's an Ishgard leve that gives 140k XP for a single Ishgardian Muffin, double that for HQ of course. Other than yak milk, which can be retainer gathered, the ingredients are trivial.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Honestly I kind of wish I'd picked the Flames in general since they seem to have the most to do in the story, but Merlwyb is so cool and my character looks fantastic in red.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Maelstrom are cool pirate dudes with a cool pirate lady in charge of them. no shame in backing that horse

Sekret
Dec 6, 2001
Curse you, Massive Genitals!
I hope I can get in on a couple of Crystal Tower Sunday runs this weekend. I saw someone in Idyllshire wearing the Demon Robe of Healing the other day, and it reignited my lust for that chest glamour.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Augus posted:

The Maelstrom are cool pirate dudes with a cool pirate lady in charge of them. no shame in backing that horse

A Machinist quest needs to be a duel or other pistol contest with Merlywyb.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Vil posted:

(so long as you're not all standing in a giant pile), but the stack mechanic and the tower mechanic will still gently caress you up.

Yeah that's where it goes to hell. Most people, myself included when I'm foolishly looking at my dude instead of the cast bar, just try to mash him down. So the puddles and initial wave fucks us. Then there's no waymarker to stack for circle so that goes to hell. I asked once "So we're not stacking for Megaflare?" "No"

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

Yeah that's where it goes to hell. Most people, myself included when I'm foolishly looking at my dude instead of the cast bar, just try to mash him down. So the puddles and initial wave fucks us. Then there's no waymarker to stack for circle so that goes to hell. I asked once "So we're not stacking for Megaflare?" "No"

General rule of thumb if you're struggling with older content is that either people don't know what to do in the first place (common issue with T9 and its 43789234897432 options for instant party wipe), or they think they don't need to bother with it because of the gear differential.

Admittedly, for many mechanics in the latter case, 9 times out of 10 they're absolutely right and they don't need to bother with it. Problem is if you get stuck with morons who stubbornly insist on acting like it's 10 times out of 10 instead of just doing the drat mechanic jesus christ.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

hobbesmaster posted:

As flames, "I expected nothing less, lieutenant" I may have imagined the emphasis on lieutenant

You did (3.2 MSQ spoilers)

Griz
May 21, 2001

dromal phrenia posted:

Haha I saw that and had the exact same thought (and I'm a WAR so it's my next upgrade)

But what I WANT is a big dress with lots of ruffles, not this armored slut gear :mad:

Scylla set? dudes get a weird metal plate on the chest instead of super cleavage but it's still a big dress instead of the usual open-in-front robe.

Void Ark arms are super ruffly but the color doesn't match Scylla on the healer set and I don't have the caster arms.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I got through T9 once. I swore I would never return. After all the wipes, I've put T11 on that list too. Luckily I already have the left side NIN stuff from that one. It's not even hard, you just have to do the add phase perfectly. Everything else is superfluous, but if you botch that add phase, gently caress you. And no of group has the kind of patience you need.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

vOv posted:

The soundtrack is also available online through things like iTunes. though you cant buy the whole album until whenever all the Heavensward patches are done and the soundtrack is complete.
Still if you want Locus or Heroes on your computer or iPod legally, there is that option.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Speaking of leveling up ARR "relics", is it worth it to get the supra / lucis items? My understanding is they made them a little bit easier to get, since it's easily outclassed at higher levels. I hit 50 on botanist finally (god that is a slog), and was wondering about upping the ability of it a bit.

edit: I know at level 52 I can just throw the new Heavensward one on there and almost outclass the lucis item, but maybe ~glamour~ or achievements would tempt me otherwise.

Not at all. In fact, upgrading your tool is a straight up terrible idea because only the base item can go in the armoire. Supra and lucis will take up an inventory slot if you keep it. As far as glamour goes, lucis is dyable and slightly bigger. That's it. Your choice of whether that's worth an inventory slot or not. My advice is to get one for the achievement and then throw it in the garbage.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Slightly?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
My raid group thought we were ready for A5S with our mix of 210,220, and 230 gear. We were wrong, as Hummelfaust taught us the hard way.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Level 21 so far. Just did the Satasha dungeon.

So far this game is beautiful. But yeah, that's about it.

Maybe it's because I'm an FFXI veteran, but this game is literally nothing but mindless entertainment (so far?). I picked the arcanist, and have never had so much fun spamming Ruin over....and over...and over.....

Does this game actually get difficult? Or is it one huge mindless mmo? This game is designed to get people addicted. It's tragic really.

Not to compare, but FFXI actually required one to THINK. What is wrong with games now adays?

Tldr My question is, does it get better? Less mindless? Difficult? Or am I just going to keep spamming everything and let the game hold my hand the entire way?

So disappointed.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Source your quotes

Seriously though I want to see whatever trainwreck of a thread that came from.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 5, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Eopia posted:

Source your quotes

Seriously though I want to see whatever trainwreck of a thread that came from.

Gamefaqs!

Sometimes when my friends and I are bored in a queue or Diadem run we scour the internet for the most obnoxious posts about the game, now is such a time.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Eopia posted:

My raid group thought we were ready for A5S with our mix of 210,220, and 230 gear. We were wrong, as Hummelfaust taught us the hard way.

Hummelfaust is doable in 210 if your raid group is really good, and 220 if it's just regular good. Train on the dummies.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

KaneTW posted:

Hummelfaust is doable in 210 if your raid group is really good, and 220 if it's just regular good. Train on the dummies.

Most of us were a few percent off from beating the dummies, at least it made me realize there were improvements I could make in my rotation. Hummelfaust itself, the lowest we got it was about 24% before its enrage.

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

While I haven't stepped into A5S yet the fight seems like an exercise in frustrating micro-perfection based on my experience with the dummy in 210 gear. Clearable, but not in a good way.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Frumply posted:

While I haven't stepped into A5S yet the fight seems like an exercise in frustrating micro-perfection based on my experience with the dummy in 210 gear. Clearable, but not in a good way.

From what I understand the boss itself is really a bunch of mechanics that you need to learn and is in itself not too reliant on great dps to clear, it's the miniboss before the actual boss that's a dps check that stonewalled my group.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Verranicus posted:

Not to compare, but FFXI actually required one to THINK.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

This guy must love the level 60 BLM.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

You can tell this person never actually played FFXIV BLM because they think you use Blizzard 2.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
FFXI BLM is you use the single spell that's the most effective against your target for a huge magic burst which pulls enmity from the tank and you die horribly. Rinse and repeat or until you run out of MP then bitch at the rest of your party while sitting in a corner for being bad after you died several times. Maybe sleep some targets if you need CC i guess

Bonus points for screeching at the RDM for not refreshing more

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

vOv posted:

You can tell this person never actually played FFXIV BLM because they think you use Blizzard 2.

I've seen a scholar use Blizzard 2 after applying their dots before on a large group, no idea if that's actually an effective thing to do.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Hamsterlady posted:

Is there a goon presence on Gilgamesh? I made an alt there and was curious.

If there is, it's really tiny. The only other goon I know of is Chyea, and that's because we're in the same free company.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

hobbesmaster posted:

This guy must love the level 60 BLM.
BLM is actually...not easy now, but comparing it to playing before 3.2, it feels a lot more forgiving; doing easy content where you don't have to move tons, you can get into a nice, relaxing rotation and even gently caress up once or twice and still not drop Enochian. The extra 2 seconds on AF is just incredible for letting you cancel a cast and walk out of something. I find it far easier than, say, the Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 that is a MCH Wildfire opener.

e: There are still the occasional "gently caress gently caress gently caress why won't blizz 4 cast faster" moments but they are fewer and further between, and swiftcast is up for them more often because you rarely have to use it on fire 1 to keep AF up

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 5, 2016

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Eopia posted:

I've seen a scholar use Blizzard 2 after applying their dots before on a large group, no idea if that's actually an effective thing to do.

Yeah, it's reasonable if they don't need to reapply dots or do other things (it's more potency than Ruin as long as it hits more than one target), though I don't know what it'll do to your mana. But F2/Flare are obviously so much better than B2 that there's no reason to use it on BLM.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

BLM is actually...not easy now, but comparing it to playing before 3.2, it feels a lot more forgiving; doing easy content where you don't have to move tons, you can get into a nice, relaxing rotation and even gently caress up once or twice and still not drop Enochian. The extra 2 seconds on AF is just incredible for letting you cancel a cast and walk out of something. I find it far easier than, say, the Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 that is a MCH Wildfire opener.

e: There are still the occasional "gently caress gently caress gently caress why won't blizz 4 cast faster" moments but they are fewer and further between, and swiftcast is up for them more often because you rarely have to use it on fire 1 to keep AF up

I still wish Enochian wasn't a thing. Jobs at Heavensward launch really feel to me like SE was trying to make them more complicated for the sake of being complicated.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Eopia posted:

Blizzard 2 beats Broil for damage at 4 targets, and the new Ruin 3 is beaten at 5 targets. if you're going for just pure damage it's better. Spamming Blizzard 2 as one the arcanist jobs will eat through your MP pretty drat fast though.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Verranicus posted:

I still wish Enochian wasn't a thing. Jobs at Heavensward launch really feel to me like SE was trying to make them more complicated for the sake of being complicated.

Enochian owns though, especially now when achieving ideal uptime on most fights is much easier.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

I've got an ilevel 200 weapon and all my gear is 180 to 200. Is there a reason to run daily hunts anymore? Pretty sure I've upgraded up to or beyond everything centurio seals can get me, but there's enough moving parts in the endgame gear progression that I wanna make sure I'm not missing something super obvious.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Hyperactive posted:

I've got an ilevel 200 weapon and all my gear is 180 to 200. Is there a reason to run daily hunts anymore? Pretty sure I've upgraded up to or beyond everything centurio seals can get me, but there's enough moving parts in the endgame gear progression that I wanna make sure I'm not missing something super obvious.

Only if you want to gear up other jobs. Centurio seals are just for i170-i180 gear.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Eopia posted:

Most of us were a few percent off from beating the dummies, at least it made me realize there were improvements I could make in my rotation. Hummelfaust itself, the lowest we got it was about 24% before its enrage.

There is a slightly non intuitive trick to the opening pull which can trip up groups going in blind. I don't know specifically if this will apply to you, but my own group was wiping at ~15-20% before we realized this and instantly started seeing 1-2% wipes before clearing it.

There is not one, combined enrage timer for that fight. You have I think 45 or 50 seconds to drop the two starting fausts before the Hummelfaust arrives automatically (and they will self-destruct for wipe if they're still up at that point) and then you have 90 seconds for the Hummel itself before enrage. If you're not terribly confident in your raid dps or your gear, it is very important not to blow potions or long-duration cooldowns on the two Fausts, because that is essentially wasted damage. Kill them with as few buffs as possible and save it all for the Hummus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

KaneTW posted:

Enochian owns though, especially now when achieving ideal uptime on most fights is much easier.

I think his point was more he would just rather F4/B4 be part of the rotation without having to care about a rotating 30s buff which serves no purpose other than to just gently caress with your DPS if it drops at a bad time.

• Locked thread