Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Richard M Nixon posted:

I can't get a feel from the last few pages, is the goon population split fairly evenly between servers or is SFD more of a special-interest group for goons who played STO/GW2?

I'm trying to pick out a class that will both be challenging to play and be useful in endgame PVE content. I'm tired of playing boring tanks with three buttons. Sorcerer seems to be awesome and complex, but Reddit kept mentioning that it's the worst in PVE. Any truth to this? I don't mind having to learn to not suck, but I don't want to be doomed to have the worst DPS no matter what.

SFD has always been a special-interest group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
SFD does own p hard tho

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

D-Pad posted:

It seems there are a lot of people in the thread that purchased but not many in PGS giving out codes.
Same people also made the PGS thread since the code begging in main thread can be annoying and the codes can also be taken by lurkers, since MMO HMO, unlike PGS, does not require registration to read the themes.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Richard M Nixon posted:

I'm trying to pick out a class that will both be challenging to play and be useful in endgame PVE content. I'm tired of playing boring tanks with three buttons. Sorcerer seems to be awesome and complex, but Reddit kept mentioning that it's the worst in PVE. Any truth to this? I don't mind having to learn to not suck, but I don't want to be doomed to have the worst DPS no matter what.
Mass consciousness of reddit is a massive idiot, don't ever loving listen to it, as far as being not-poo poo at video games goes. There is no end-game PvE in the game in the classical sense of it. There's literally no such notion as "DPS" role in this game, much like tank or healer, since every class just deals damage, and some of them get extremely limited support or tanking capability.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
SFD is very special.

I've heard the same thing about sorceress, but usually with the caveat that her awakening (we don't have these yet) really improves her pve game.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
I'll be more helpful: Orwen goons have already hit guild cap and started an overflow guild. I haven't even had to increase SFD's player limit yet. We're smaller if size matters to you.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I'm into anal so size does matter

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
Did I miss anything critical by not getting in like 3 days ago?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tormented posted:

Did I miss anything critical by not getting in like 3 days ago?
No.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Looks like I'll head to Edan to suffer with SFD. What...sub-server or whatever should I pick? The OP just says Edan. Or does it not matter?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Eonwe posted:

SFD does own p hard tho

I played with SFD in Star Trek Online. If you're there in this game then I am going to join SFD.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
id play with them but my IRL friend insisted on Orwen

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I want to keep playing tonight, but the transparent hair (and other hair-like textures) bug is making me ill. There has to be a way to fix it. Also I wanted dull amber eyes like an Indian but the game only allows glowing orange eyes.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Probad posted:

I'll be more helpful: Orwen goons have already hit guild cap and started an overflow guild. I haven't even had to increase SFD's player limit yet. We're smaller if size matters to you.

Is registering on the offsite forums and all that required to be in the guild?

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
So is this game popular or what's the verdict? The guest pass thread is pretty sparse with people offering keys, is there not a huge goon following?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

LegalPad posted:

Is registering on the offsite forums and all that required to be in the guild?

Yep. That's just how we are.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Looks like I'll head to Edan to suffer with SFD. What...sub-server or whatever should I pick? The OP just says Edan. Or does it not matter?

Channel doesn't matter, but we're usually in Calpheon E2

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

bear is driving! posted:

So is this game popular or what's the verdict? The guest pass thread is pretty sparse with people offering keys, is there not a huge goon following?

The impression I am getting is that BDO is not bad, but a lot of design decisions have turned people off. I think it's a gigantic bummer that you cannot choose your gender for example. At least it is only $30 for the entire game with no bullshit cash shop.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Not sure how many people are really turned off by that.

There are 3 mega servers which are mostly full if not full and goons have at least 150 people in three guilds.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I was as skeptical as anyone for this game. I have been playing it hardcore since Sunday and I am level...29. Not because it's hard to level, no, I could go get 4-5 levels tonight in moderate playtime. You just get caught up in the world, the life quests, crafting, fishing with goons. It is an incredibly immersive world and the combat is fun. I don't know what the endgame will be, but am having a great time right now.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

After doing a lot of horse taming I noticed that basically none of the horse locations maps floating around are very good. The best I could find was BDOTome's interactive map, but it's kind of a hassle to use and the horse markers are not very precise.
So I marked the most convenient spots I've found with the exact locations I've mounted individual horse spawns. Right click and drag your map to get a completely aerial view and make sure the North marker is centered on the top of your map.

Velia

Heidel

Glish

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

LegalPad posted:

After doing a lot of horse taming I noticed that basically none of the horse locations maps floating around are very good. The best I could find was BDOTome's interactive map, but it's kind of a hassle to use and the horse markers are not very precise.
So I marked the most convenient spots I've found with the exact locations I've mounted individual horse spawns. Right click and drag your map to get a completely aerial view and make sure the North marker is centered on the top of your map.

Velia

Heidel

Glish

Nice guide :cheers:

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

:(

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I think your human worker is skimming a little off the top there.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So I spent most of today setting up my steel production for steel tools

I still have one more place I need in calpheon.

This also lets me produce armor or weapons of a decent quality.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Has anyone gotten their compensation yet?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i did it i bred the golden chocobo

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Can someone explain trade to me? Here's how I understand it...

When looking at the Purchase tab: The price on the left of the good is how much it's currently worth at that location. The price on the right is the base price that the percentage is reflected on. Therefore I want to pick up items that are doing poorly (<100% of base) and sell somewhere it's doing well (>100%)?

So then how do I interpret the prices found on the Sell tab? Just a way to see what is going for a lot in that particular location?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Razzled posted:

Can someone explain trade to me? Here's how I understand it...

When looking at the Purchase tab: The price on the left of the good is how much it's currently worth at that location. The price on the right is the base price that the percentage is reflected on. Therefore I want to pick up items that are doing poorly (<100% of base) and sell somewhere it's doing well (>100%)?

So then how do I interpret the prices found on the Sell tab? Just a way to see what is going for a lot in that particular location?

read the op

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Are the invisible walls over to the west mediah or valencia?
(AKA how long must I wait to go to there)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Grondoth posted:

Are the invisible walls over to the west mediah or valencia?
(AKA how long must I wait to go to there)
No, they both are to the East.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Any guides you guys recommend to watch while downloading 30GB on this slow rear end internet?

I want to be ready for when the game updates

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

kalstrams posted:

No, they both are to the East.

Cool I did that thing where I mess up east and west

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Any guides you guys recommend to watch while downloading 30GB on this slow rear end internet?

Hakurai has a bunch of videos and i found them very informative

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Everything from OP unless you want to be horribly oppressed over the Internet protocol.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
i didn't actually read the op either, don't worry

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!
Well I'm only level 10, but it's been a while since a wizard felt so impactful in any mmo.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Hammerstein posted:

Well I'm only level 10, but it's been a while since a wizard felt so impactful in any mmo.

I was just thinking the same thing about my warrior! I'm excited to get sucked into crafting and trading and making cool looking stuff.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

With no tank or healing class, really, everything feels good.

A lot of the fighters tankiness is its hit points, but the rest of it is the ability to dodge and debuff damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Also for anyone who still has 7 day passes, just post them in the PGS thread if you don't have friends you want to give them to

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766704&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1