Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

NC-17 posted:

Old Tom Coughlin is a lover spurned.

Honestly if this is true it's probably a good thing we fired him. It doesn't sound very Coughlin but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Febreeze posted:

Honestly if this is true it's probably a good thing we fired him. It doesn't sound very Coughlin but who knows.
I wouldnt blame him if he was pissed at Jerry Reese being an idiot for the past 5+ years and the team forcing him to retire because they were blaming him for the team's problems when the roster was hot garbage that was injured all the time.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Coughlin is going to John Hinckley Ben McAdoo and we done nothing to stop it.

Come to think of it, Hinckley also shot a dude named Brady. One can only hope.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

quote:

Burfict admits Joey Porter was not talking smack and Jones hit him for no reason

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/03/04/burfict-admits-joey-porter-was-not-talking-smack-and-jones-hit-him-for-no-reason/

I knew it

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-p...f-2012-tailspin

quote:

With two games left in the season, Crosby had made just 17 of 29 field-goal attempts (58.6 percent) and missed at least one kick in each of the previous eight games as the Packers prepared for a Dec. 23, 2012, game against the Tennessee Titans at Lambeau Field. A few days before that game, Woodson pulled Crosby aside.

“Watching him, it just looked like he was pressing,” Woodson recalled in a phone interview. “I told him, ‘Right now, you’re a guy who’s out there trying to kick field goals instead of just being a field goal kicker.’ I told him, ‘If the team asked me to go out there and kick a field goal, then I would be just a guy trying to kick a field goal. I might make it, I might not. That’s not how it should be [for you]. Stop being a guy trying to kick field goals and go out there and be a field goal kicker.'”

While Woodson said “the conversation was pretty simple on my end,” for Crosby, it was transformative. He made his final six kicks of the 2012 season (including playoffs), then responded with the best year of his career in 2013, going 33-for-37 (89.2 percent). Since Woodson’s pep talk, Crosby has made 103 of the 117 field goals he’s attempted (including playoffs), a success rate of 88 percent -- despite kicking at Lambeau Field, where the weather is often inclement.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

So Woodson's Yoda with better grammar? I can dig it.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Thaddius the Large posted:

So Woodson's Yoda with better grammar? I can dig it.

Him and Randy Moss should start a reality show where they mentor rookies across the league.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm so glad that that Woodson isn't just one of those "really nice guy, but never amounted to much" cases. He's not only a SUPER nice guy, he got his ring and is one of the greatest in his position ever.

:allears:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Febreeze posted:

I mean, they fired him and kept every single member of his staff and the front office. You can't scapegoat someone more than that.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

NC-17 posted:

I mean, they fired him and kept every single member of his staff and the front office. You can't scapegoat someone more than that.

Let me tell you about a team called the Red Sox

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
did we talk already about how armonty bryant and alex mack are both as good as gone from cleveland

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

v2vian man posted:

did we talk already about how armonty bryant and alex mack are both as good as gone from cleveland

Gipson too!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Viking fans, can you tell us a bit about whatever happened with Cordarrelle Patterson? He seems to not have meshed at all with Bridgewater and Norv Turner and accomplished basically nothing in 2015. He seems to have actually gotten worse and worse as a receiver since his rookie season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Gipson too!

And maybe Benjamin!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
oh yeah those guys are gone as heck, i was just talking like developments in the last 48 hours

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
what the gently caress is wrong with the browns, other bottom tier teams are not hemorrhaging their only talented players are they

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Brannock posted:

Viking fans, can you tell us a bit about whatever happened with Cordarrelle Patterson? He seems to not have meshed at all with Bridgewater and Norv Turner and accomplished basically nothing in 2015. He seems to have actually gotten worse and worse as a receiver since his rookie season.

Handful of things:
- Patterson was a project when drafted. Most of his early success was because he's one of the best athletes in the league and has great open field ability. The hope was he'd spend his first few years developing in an AP-driven offense so he could refine his route running.
- After AP was suspended last year, the Vikings tried to stick with a run first offense. But since no one was intimidated by Matt Asiago and certainly not Matt Cassel, defenses keyed in on Patterson. So now he had to figure out how to beat defenses game planning to take him out with a limited skill set. Basically he had to be the guy we hoped he eventually become 2 games into his second season.
- Cassel then got hurt, forcing Bridgewater into starting much sooner than planned. The team tried to get them in sync but ended up with a lot of miscommunications. Zimmer prioritized Teddy's development and that meant they needed WRs who could at least run consistent routes. Patterson's snaps dwindled quickly.
- In the offseason, Zimmer made plans for Patterson to work with Michael Irvin. CP did his own thing instead. It did not help. in the limited time he saw the field this year, he had a habit of drawing bad penalties so even the gadget stuff for him (jet sweeps, bubble screens) started going to Diggs and Wright. He was effectively buried on the depth chart.

He's still a great athlete and an elite return man (Crosby strip notwithstanding) so Spielman is going to keep him around for the last year of his contract. He has a lot to prove but is apparently taking what Zimmer and Norv have told him more seriously. No one is holding their breath.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

v2vian man posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with the browns, other bottom tier teams are not hemorrhaging their only talented players are they

I like ur av

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Isn't it literally against the law to ask a prospective employee whether they are gay or not?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

v2vian man posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with the browns

Well,

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 5, 2016

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Isn't it literally against the law to ask a prospective employee whether they are gay or not?

I'm sure there is some sort of waiver they sign saying they can be asked whatever regardless of how heinous it is.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

You ever been in a Turkish prison?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Bad Moon posted:

I'm sure there is some sort of waiver they sign saying they can be asked whatever regardless of how heinous it is.

nope

seriously though

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chichevache posted:

I like ur av
looks like a passive aggressive star trek fanboy dipshit manchild baby was mad about the manziel thread being closed. money well spent fuckboy

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

v2vian man posted:

Well, there's the 49ers

There are rough parallels with bad ownership and an idea that the ship is rudderless. Beyond that there's just a lot of anecdotal perception statements that could be made. Basically the team is bad because they seem bad and not enough people believe that that can or will change soon. I think there are enough people that still have some hope or see an opportunity in the 49ers, right or wrong. I think there are enough people that have simply given up on the Browns that they're left to be in the position that they're in.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sam bradford lmao posted:

looks like a passive aggressive star trek fanboy dipshit manchild baby was mad about the manziel thread being closed. money well spent fuckboy

Don't sign ur posts

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
it was u

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
that particular quote isn't a Star Trek fanboy quote hth

(it wasn't me)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Can't wait until Patterson gets cut and the Panthers poach and god king ricky proehl works his dark magic.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i think it was football's bil keane personally

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Well, there's the 49ers

There are rough parallels with bad ownership and an idea that the ship is rudderless. Beyond that there's just a lot of anecdotal perception statements that could be made. Basically the team is bad because they seem bad and not enough people believe that that can or will change soon. I think there are enough people that still have some hope or see an opportunity in the 49ers, right or wrong. I think there are enough people that have simply given up on the Browns that they're left to be in the position that they're in.

the insane thing is that since 2011, absolutely every position within the browns has changed hands, from owner down. for all of the new guys to be as incompetent as the old is pretty insane and hosed up to me

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
N: 49ers tendered RFA Jordan Devey

V:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Well, there's the 49ers

There needs to be a systemic, long lasting change for a team to pull themselves out. I argue there's a difference between a struggling team and a bad one, with the difference being that the struggling team actively strives to get better.

The Redskins are an example of what looks to be a team turning the corner. The new GM is only the second dedicated GM of the Dan Snyder era (Vinny "Kindergarten Ninja" Cerrato was the first), and making Cousins the starter was a pretty big change from years past. FA signings don't appear to be flashy and the team is winning games. They have a ton of work (and could very well regress), but they do appear to be working.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

V:

Please tell me this is real

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
But did he play basketball

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I have found a very clever loophole where I make a crude sexual joke and if they don't laugh I ask "what you are some kind of human being?"

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Spoeank posted:

V:

Jordan Devey is basically a fat football fan who went "pfff, I could that" and for some reason was given that opportunity

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Magicpants posted:

Jordan Devey is basically a fat football fan who went "pfff, I could that" and for some reason was given that opportunity

So what you're saying is there's still hope for me

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Metapod posted:

Please tell me this is real

This picture is 100% real and he is 100% terrible.

I looked and looked but I couldn't find the picture from the SF-NYG game last season where Devey took out Pears accidentally and they're both laying on the ground with two Giants getting a free rush on Kaep.

Two years of beyond god-awful offensive line play broke poor Colin, possibly beyond repair :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Kaepernick was never going to be that good anyway. His untimely demise may have been for the better.

• Locked thread