Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

why do people go to bat for non-citizens in a political context? i dont get that

dont bother quoting chomsky or whatever, the question is rhetorical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

Blue Raider posted:

why do people go to bat for non-citizens in a political context? i dont get that

dont bother quoting chomsky or whatever, the question is rhetorical
generally it is because of having empathy for other human beings

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lyapunov Unstable posted:

generally it is because of having empathy for other human beings

maybe their own lovely countries should have some empathy for their own peoples

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

Blue Raider posted:

maybe their own lovely countries should have some empathy for their own peoples
yeah if they don't like it maybe they shouldn't have decided to be born there

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

agreed

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Majorian posted:

I actually do. The difference is, unlike you, I understand that it's not the fault of Latin American migrant workers. And the fact that you're literally backing an openly racist (probably ex-) billionaire who outsourced a lot of American jobs shows how completely deranged you are. You reward those who have hosed you without lube and then whine about those who haven't done you an ounce of harm.

The donor class are indeed the ones loving me, but some of the time they're using a strapon made of illegal immigrants to do it.

ShouId I vote for Hillary Clinton, the racist oligarch who wants to deepen neoliberalism, loving over working and middle class Americans of all races - Or should I vote for Donald Trump, the racist oligarch who, from the establishment desperately trying to stop him and his refusal to take donations, seems to have broken from the interests of his class and says he wants to do what's best for the people of the country as a whole.

The Saurus has issued a correction as of 04:59 on Feb 27, 2016

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

everyone wants to live in the west for material reasons, even if their culture is totally incompatible with liberal western values

the defeat of neoliberalism will be the first step to helping make every country in the world less lovely - that's how we help people, improving their own countries (which I'm sure they'd rather stay in if they could have a decent life) not by throwing open the borders and inviting them to be a slave caste

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Bernie bros want the H1B visa program rolled back because they are racist against Indians.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
H1B visa recipients are highly skilled people who are here legally doing valuable work in the tech industry, and their presence is a net benefit to the economy. The benefit of reducing the number of H1Bs in the job market is dubious but Bernie Sanders has promised his followers he is going to do just that, as an appeal to their deep seated loathing for the smell of curry.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
it seems strange that we are expected to immediately assume that illegal immigration is a bad thing without considering the consequences. because to me it seems like it gives poor hispanics a better and safer life, and the only apparent cost is to break the back of the working class white male, who is, let's be clear, the kind of embittered simpering limpdick we see itt

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i'm a republican. i can't compete in the market because i have no skills an illiterate refugee cannot easily replicate. please help nanny state

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The Saurus posted:

everyone wants to live in the west for material reasons, even if their culture is totally incompatible with liberal western values

the defeat of neoliberalism will be the first step to helping make every country in the world less lovely - that's how we help people, improving their own countries (which I'm sure they'd rather stay in if they could have a decent life) not by throwing open the borders and inviting them to be a slave caste

did they do your job training in pantomime, shithead

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Tezzor posted:

it seems strange that we are expected to immediately assume that illegal immigration is a bad thing without considering the consequences. because to me it seems like it gives poor hispanics a better and safer life, and the only apparent cost is to break the back of the working class white male, who is, let's be clear, the kind of embittered simpering limpdick we see itt

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Trumps homoerotic journey of self discovery produced by WWE films

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

tezzor what is the dollar amount youve spent being not banned?

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

idk. at least $50.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Tezzor posted:

idk. at least $50.

circ dick soleil your sugar daddy or something

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
ban all unironic trump supporters, then ban all ironic trump supporters to be sure

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

You can't put a price on love

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

After a month away I expected a bigger cumshot than a feeble three post burst

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
lol goons really believe all trump supporters are ironic or racist hillbillys, i know someone with an MBA who isnt racist who supports him just because theyre not very informed (like most of the electorate) and thinks someone with business experience who isnt a politician would be a better president than the rest of the gop candidate pool, im wouldnt be surprised if this makes up a huge chunk of trumps support, but you won't see them on the news because its not as good for ratings as some dude in pveralls saying racist poo poo against mexicans while wearing a MAGA hat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ace of Baes posted:

lol goons really believe all trump supporters are ironic or racist hillbillys, i know someone with an MBA who isnt racist who supports him just because theyre not very informed (like most of the electorate) and thinks someone with business experience who isnt a politician would be a better president than the rest of the gop candidate pool, im wouldnt be surprised if this makes up a huge chunk of trumps support, but you won't see them on the news because its not as good for ratings as some dude in pveralls saying racist poo poo against mexicans while wearing a MAGA hat

A great silent majority, if you will

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Al! posted:

A great silent majority, if you will

Yeah the person im referring to literally never brings up politics and the only reason i know theyre a trump supporter is because they liked a post of his on facebook and i asked them why they support him

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You'd think that the left would figure out that constantly screaming 'ur racist! ur racist!!' at people doesn't really work because only other people on the left will fall apart into a tizzy of white guilt from that kind of thing

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Tezzor posted:

i'm a republican. i can't compete in the market because i have no skills an illiterate refugee cannot easily replicate. please help nanny state

You'll never be head of a major corporation

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Ace of Baes posted:

wow he has an MBA? well i'm convinced he isnt a racist

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

-Troika- posted:

You'd think that the left would figure out that constantly screaming 'ur racist! ur racist!!' at people doesn't really work because only other people on the left will fall apart into a tizzy of white guilt from that kind of thing

well it isn't really a tactic as much as a statement of fact

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
reminder that cool non-racist poster "-Troika-" is a gun nut and the genesis of his gun nuttery was that he saw one he liked in one of his japanese animes. this is not a joke

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
woah ho ho

which anime are we talking about

this is important

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

rudatron posted:

woah ho ho

which anime are we talking about

this is important

idk. some tfr poster said it and hes never denied it when i asked

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Make America Great Again!

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

L-Boned posted:

Make America Great Again!

between which range of years was america great

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Tezzor posted:

4000AD - 1000000000000 BC

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Tezzor posted:

wow he has an MBA? well i'm convinced he isnt a racist
The point of mentioning her MBA was that she isnt a backwoods hick.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Tezzor posted:

1939-1988

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Vietnam: America's Greatest Time.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

ThirdPartyView posted:

Vietnam: America's Greatest Time.

To be fair, it isn't our military's fault we haven't won a war since WW2.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Ace of Baes posted:

I am an actual, literal genius, and I know that of the candidates available Donald Trump is without a doubt the best choice available for President of the United States of America. Anyone who disagrees does so based on backwards and deeply ingrained dogma, not on facts or logic. There is no reason to not support his pursuit of the Presidency other than the misguided belief that your vote for some other candidate will result in a better America based on empty campaign promises and a naive worldview.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I need to know if I'm rich. My 1099 shows 275,000 last year. Please let me know asap so I'll know how to vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Tony Homo posted:

I need to know if I'm rich. My 1099 shows 275,000 last year. Please let me know asap so I'll know how to vote.

No. You're not rich. Sorry. v:shobon:v

• Locked thread