Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

I meant in the show...

Oh.......being tall for a woman? Hanging with Pod? D&D can wretch about 9 episodes worth of material from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

TommyGun85 posted:

I meant in the show...
This season? She'll have a fight with the Bolton soldiers (semi-confirmed), then probably hear that Sansa is dead, decide that she sucks as a knight and wants to return home (conjecture). In the Riverlands, she'll meet Elder McShane Meribald (conjecture, but someone has to, and Jaime is still in KL in episode 6), then come across Jaime as that one is laying siege to Riverrun (around e7/8). Reports say that at this point they have a spat and she storms off. He probably goes after her, and whatever happens later is probably what happens in the books once LSH is dealt with.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Brienne will find the monastary and The Hound.

edit: beaten

Hallowed
May 28, 2007

It's a pipe bomb!
So what do we 'know' so far, based on filming locations etc?

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

Hallowed posted:

So what do we 'know' so far, based on filming locations etc?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13m92zm2jETuKlKNj7KVMFtO-Bmwj2HQR7N6y_wBoRWM/

Hallowed
May 28, 2007

It's a pipe bomb!

Wow - thanks!

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008

Filming this series must be a bitch with all of this potentially spoiling stuff.

techno allah
Sep 29, 2005

The plot goes nowhere this season, who could have guessed.

The whitewalkers make it all the way to Winterfell lol. Danny goes nowhere, arya does nothing/is blind, kingsmoot, siege of riverrun, 8 thousand flashbacks from Bran
Can't wait!

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I like how Daenerys keeps winning people to her side by destroying their culture. Maybe that "white savior" controversy was intentional.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Today I learned that Meereen is actually a place called Peniscola.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Slightly Toasted posted:

Today I learned that Meereen is actually a place called Peniscola.

*chuckle* Penis Cola

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

techno allah posted:

The plot goes nowhere this season, who could have guessed.

The whitewalkers make it all the way to Winterfell lol. Danny goes nowhere, arya does nothing/is blind, kingsmoot, siege of riverrun, 8 thousand flashbacks from Bran
Can't wait!
Nope. This is just a list of confirmed and semiconfirmed spoilers that we compiled trying to be as non-speculative as possible, because doing that the other way round would lead to confirmation bias and be fandomlike and stupid. But this means there is a lot of unspoiled stuff - everything that was filmed on internal sets. And stuff that cannot be interpreted via the books. So, for example, we know that there is a Kingsmoot, and that it's probably in episode 5 or 6. But what happens later? The assumption is that Asha and Theon escape and Euron moves on Oldtown. But we don't know anything about that. And so on, for all the other plots. I think that we have the endings only for Arya (heads back to the Riverlands), Dany (meets Tyrion again) and Jon (the Wall breaks).

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Beeez posted:

I figured he was going to be Septon Meribald and he was just speaking in the sense that by meeting him the characters and viewers will get to see Sandor again. Since Sansa is likely to be with Brienne when she meets the Hound, I guess there's going to be some resolution of their weird fondness for each other.

I think this is much more likely. Why would they cast another guy to play the Hound? Is the premise that, if you hit Rory McCann hard enough, he'd probably end up looking like Ian McShane?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

hanales posted:

Can we officially get hyped then?

That depends, have you brought enough chicken for the whole room?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Phenotype posted:

I think this is much more likely. Why would they cast another guy to play the Hound? Is the premise that, if you hit Rory McCann hard enough, he'd probably end up looking like Ian McShane?

What? Who ever said Ian McShane would be playing The Hound?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

meristem posted:

Nope. This is just a list of confirmed and semiconfirmed spoilers that we compiled trying to be as non-speculative as possible, because doing that the other way round would lead to confirmation bias and be fandomlike and stupid. But this means there is a lot of unspoiled stuff - everything that was filmed on internal sets. And stuff that cannot be interpreted via the books. So, for example, we know that there is a Kingsmoot, and that it's probably in episode 5 or 6. But what happens later? The assumption is that Asha and Theon escape and Euron moves on Oldtown. But we don't know anything about that. And so on, for all the other plots. I think that we have the endings only for Arya (heads back to the Riverlands), Dany (meets Tyrion again) and Jon (the Wall breaks).

It does confirms some very important stuff, and most of then are exactly as everyone expected like Jon is ressurected, lead the wildlings to fight Ramsay; Dany is at first captured by the Dotraki, eventually Drogon shows up, they end up following her instead;

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
But does that last part mean Jhaqo BBQ per her promise?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

RCarr posted:

What? Who ever said Ian McShane would be playing The Hound?

It was 3am and I had been working/travelling since 5am the previous day. :( In my defense, I hadn't actually watched the interview, and thought Ian McShane had said that he would be playing an ex-warrior turned peacenik who the audiences thought was already dead.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

It does confirms some very important stuff, and most of then are exactly as everyone expected like Jon is ressurected, lead the wildlings to fight Ramsay; Dany is at first captured by the Dotraki, eventually Drogon shows up, they end up following her instead;
Eh, sure, but I was replying to someone who used the list to whine that there will be nothing new going on. While the reality is, obviously, that it's more that the list is incomplete.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I'm actually looking forward to this season, since they seem to be fixing some of the mistakes of the past one. That said, there's always room for D&D to gently caress things up! :toot:

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Apoplexy posted:

they seem to be fixing some of the mistakes of the past one

Can you elaborate a bit on this?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Chances are incredibly high that Sansa won't be raped on her wedding night this next season.

Actually, on thinking it, not that high.

kater fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Mar 6, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

kater posted:

Chances are incredibly high that Sansa won't be raped on her wedding night this next season.

Actually, on thinking it, not that high.

there's also a pretty decent chance she'll be dealing with the consequence of her rape baby.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think "Kings Blood" is a mistranslation for Targ blood or Valaryan blood. She uses fire and blood magic, 2 things the Valyrians were super into. When she burns Stannises blood leeches it works because he has Targaryan blood on his mothers side. This would explain why she couldn't just go to a stable boy and say "congrats your king of the stable " and burn him alive, she needs Valyrians blood and only a couple people in Wsteros have any left. I also think if she tries to resurrect Jon it might go a little sideways on her since he's chock full of Targ blood.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
There's tons of people with Valyrian blood, there are three noble houses in the narrow sea who are valyrians and have valyrian features. There's the entire free city of Lys whose population is almost entirely valyrian in descent, there are even silver haired violet eyed commoners in Lys (some of which can even be bought as slaves), if Valyrian blood was some genetically engineered source of mana you would scarcely need to burn Westerosi aristocrats.

But really, this is all wrong, Melisandre is just misinformed. We've seen a king being burnt in a funeral pyre in an event in which fossilized dragon eggs were hatched, this is exactly Mel's vision of "King's blood to wake dragons from stone", she just doesn't know it.

If her blood magic has any potency to it (and to be frank, we've seen her pull off far more impressive king's sperm magic than she does King's blood magic) it's simply because blood has power, not necessarily the blood of some royal bastard. As far as we know the valyrians used to sacrifice slaves into their volcanoes, not valyrians.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!
I think it all calls back to the "Power resides where people believe it" or however that goes. Khal Drogo was no king exactly but he had power because people followed him. Therefor his blood can be used for more potent blood magic than some random shmuck. That would even work for bastards like Gendry/Edric Storm since people clearly consider them to have at least some importance, however unrealized, else it wouldn't be worth trying to massacre all of Robert's bastards.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Spek posted:

I think it all calls back to the "Power resides where people believe it" or however that goes. Khal Drogo was no king exactly but he had power because people followed him. Therefor his blood can be used for more potent blood magic than some random shmuck. That would even work for bastards like Gendry/Edric Storm since people clearly consider them to have at least some importance, however unrealized, else it wouldn't be worth trying to massacre all of Robert's bastards.

The idea in fiction that what people believe becomes the truth is pretty darn prevalent and it's likely where this draws from as well. Gods gain power from worship because they become real in the minds of men but they aren't tangible, nor do they have minds of their own. Miracles are simply particularly powerful acts of faith.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Apparently HBO isn't releasing any screeners to critics this year after the first four leaked last year :laugh:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

colonel_korn posted:

Apparently HBO isn't releasing any screeners to critics this year after the first four leaked last year :laugh:

And really, at this point, do they need to release critic screenings? GoT is one of the highest rated shows on television, nominated for many awards, and acclaimed by fans and critics. By the sixth season, it really doesn't need critic reviews. Although I will miss the hell out of the screeners getting released. :sigh:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

When she burns Stannises blood leeches it works because he has Targaryan blood on his mothers side.

Except it's pretty clear (to us, the readers) that the leeches had nothing to do with any deaths.

She's seen a reasonably clear vision that Robb/Balon/Joffrey will all die, and uses the leech ritual to manipulate Stannis into believing she's responsible.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
In a recent interview, the actress playing Melisandre confirmed that she will NOT be resurrecting Jon Snow.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

TommyGun85 posted:

In a recent interview, the actress playing Melisandre confirmed that she will NOT be resurrecting Jon Snow.

The gently caress?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Didn't Kit Harrington confirm in an interview a while back that he was totally 100% dead not coming back nope never

With a grain of salt I take this

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's nice to source this sorta poo poo man: http://www.ibtimes.com.au/game-thrones-season-6-carice-van-houten-denies-jon-snow-speculation-teases-melisandre-transformation

quote:

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Houten (Melisandre) was asked to confirm or deny the fan theory that her character will be the one to resurrect Jon Snow (Kit Harington) in the next season. “I will completely deny that,” Houten said.

Even though Melisandre is back at Castle Black, the actress pointed out that her character hasn’t brought anyone back to life before. She said that she understands where the theories are coming from and acknowledged that Melisandre’s religion does have that power.

Anyway, I don't buy it. We'll find out soon enough I guess!

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
It won't be her. It will be the magic of king's blood and the grace of Rh'llor.

...or something like that, anyway.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It is going to be a white walker double agent. Either that or the zombie king zombified Snow when they had the dramatic boat scene. He just needs to die to turn zombie. Should have stabbed his rear end with a Valerian blade.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's nice to source this sorta poo poo man: http://www.ibtimes.com.au/game-thrones-season-6-carice-van-houten-denies-jon-snow-speculation-teases-melisandre-transformation

Anyway, I don't buy it. We'll find out soon enough I guess!

ya sorry I forgot to copy the link then I got lazy.

anyway, my interpretation is that both Kit and Carice are correct Jon is 100% "dead" and will not be resurrected by Mel.

my guess is that he either turns into an Other somehow or Mel tries to revive him unsuccessfully killing herself in the process and leaving him as some sort of thing like Coldhands.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

It'll be Beric Dondarrion through Thoros that will resurrect Jon Snow, and from then on he will be known as "Lady Stoneheart"

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

canepazzo posted:

It'll be Beric Dondarrion through Thoros that will resurrect Jon Snow, and from then on he will be known as "Lady Stoneheart"

It probably will be Beric though. There was that show only scene where he and Mel met up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

TommyGun85 posted:

She's going to resurrect Jon Targaryen.

• Locked thread