Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Why is PoE always such a loving nightmare to patch through Steam for me? Smite and Tribes Ascend were the only other games that gave me this much poo poo through Steam. That 5mb patch earlier took 15 minutes to download and install, and I've been sitting on "preallocating" on this one for 10 minutes. The drive Steam is on has already been error checked and defragged and has like 50gb free.

I read somewhere that it has to sorta unpack this huge file, apply the patch to it, and then repack it. Don't ask me how or why, but that's why it takes 10-15min to apply a 5mb patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
Afromar could use an invite on Perandus softcore if there's room.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Valle posted:

I read somewhere that it has to sorta unpack this huge file, apply the patch to it, and then repack it. Don't ask me how or why, but that's why it takes 10-15min to apply a 5mb patch.

Ugh. That makes sense but still, ugh.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
so what's the coolest thing to buy from the poe store? I'm never going to need additional tabs.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Additional tabs are by far the best thing to get, especially if you look up some vendor recipes to make the chaos orbs flow like water.

Dream Attack
Feb 12, 2008

nothing in this world
A few premium tabs will make selling stuff way smoother, which means you'll have more currency to buy cool items with. Stay away from buying skill effects IMO since your favorite skill this patch might be nerfed in the next patch/season.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Even without the trading improvements premium stash tabs are always worth it.

Failing that, portal effects, I guess?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

resting bort face posted:

so what's the coolest thing to buy from the poe store? I'm never going to need additional tabs.

Look at this guy right here.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I'm never going to have enough tabs shieet

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Third loving time I've been kicked out of the game while trying to enter a zone in the labyrinth, which of course kicks me out of it so I have to start the entire thing over. I'm about to just not touch the game for a couple days while they fix this poo poo.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I love how I read the thread when the game's broken and then come back after the game breaks again only to find there's 2 whole new posts in the thread. It's like everyone was busy playing the fuckin' thing or something.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm really glad I uninstalled from Steam last night and reinstalled with the regular client.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
RIP servers

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Guys I'd just wait till the servers are stable to do the labyrinth. Just level up for now and speed clear normal/cruel later.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
fix your game chris!!!

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
What the hell is Throzz, anyhow? I mean, I know he's not human, but right now I'm imagining a Google AI controlled muppet making the rest of us look bad.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Weird. Seems usable, though, it effectively counts as a 2.6 APS weapon for the purpose of added damage.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Can someone reinvite me to the guild when they get the chance: firebatlovesgold

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

GGG really need to fire whoever does their out-of-game art, it's embarrassingly bad.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hahaha, I love Perandus league already. I ran into Fatty and he offered me a Doedre's Damning paua ring for 45c, so I bought it. One screen later, Perandus Chest complete with... a unique paua ring. Doedre's Damning. Figures, right?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Wafflecopper posted:

GGG really need to fire whoever does their out-of-game art, it's embarrassingly bad.

I like most of the Ascendancy class pictures, and Izaro on the website is cool as heck, but goddamn that Scion picture is loving hilariously bad.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I haven't seen that stuff, what I mean was stuff like the game logo and the pic for their "Just updated!" announcement on steam

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Too bad I can't afford this. Just my luck to find a rare item only to be unable to afford!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

resting bort face posted:

You are wrong and in fact the correct number of stash tabs to own is n, where n is defined as "one's current number of tabs + one more stash tab bundle"

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Velveteen posted:

Too bad I can't afford this. Just my luck to find a rare item only to be unable to afford!

He's offered me a Daresso's Salute and Brinerot Flag, of course neither of which I could afford.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
Could I get an invite - cracksawblades on Perandus softcore.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Never mind, I'm dumb.

Noper Q fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 5, 2016

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Quick question; where is the verify button in poe.trade? Cntrl+f is just showing me a 'verify' at the top in the tool tip, but no option anywhere.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Jack B Nimble posted:

Quick question; where is the verify button in poe.trade? Cntrl+f is just showing me a 'verify' at the top in the tool tip, but no option anywhere.

Only needed now if it's an old-style forum thread being indexed. If it's a public stash tab and you see it on poe.trade, it was there as of ~10 seconds ago.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ah, ok, cool. Actually just traded for my first item; fast and painless, and somehow it feels much more integrated to the game than the D3 auction house. Anyway, thanks for keeping me from going nuts!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Jack B Nimble posted:

it feels much more integrated to the game than the D3 auction house.

How does using a third-party search page to find items to buy seem more integrated than the D3 auction house?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
You'd be surprised. I love poe.trade

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Velveteen posted:

That ring is completely nuts.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

could use an invite on queeb if there's room!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Oh boy :getin: someone found this on reddit.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

That thing is loving absurd and I advise everyone to buy as many as you can when the league is ending because that's gotta get "rebalanced" at some point. Sell them legacy versions in standard for $$$

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Hope Earthquake doesn't make Marohi Erqi too expensive or my build is fooked :pray: only one for sale in Perandus HC is 2ex!!

Do we know if Ghost Scrooge McDuck can sell every unique in the game or if it's just a selection?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nightwisher posted:

Oh boy :getin: someone found this on reddit.

That's completely crazy hahah. What is going on.

Are coins going to be the new currency in trades ?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

euphronius posted:

That's completely crazy hahah. What is going on.

Are coins going to be the new currency in trades ?

If it does then I'll die laughing because finally, FINALLY, PoE has embraced the gold standard :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Each coin vendors for a scroll fragment. I think that's planned obsolescence.

• Locked thread