Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Minsky posted:

Okay after several hours I've come to the conclusion that this game isn't as bad as Archeage

but is it good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advion
Jul 25, 2005
Can't get on Mumble at the moment but are there any guild slots open? (Advion Kaber in game).

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Buhbuhj posted:

but is it good?

I don't know what the benchmark for that is considering what forum we're in. So far though most of the things that I thought I would love about Archeage (namely those revolving around the sandbox economy) that were spoiled by awkward design decisions (such as non-instanced land) aren't there. The focus on running a trade empire through automation instead of doing it yourself is probably a big part of it.

The big open question for me is whether the PVP war system has any legs, and if that plays into the economy of the game, because that's probably going to be the main draw for most people with this game.

Also the game is very pretty and probably has the most fun MMO combat system so far that I've played.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Cool that is a helpful answer for me

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Buhbuhj posted:

Cool that is a helpful answer for me

You're welcome buddy :)

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
E: oh it's in the OP now.

e2: why the gently caress is this guide 250+ pages? loving goons...

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I've come to the realization that this game is Look at My Horse, My Horse is Amazing: The Video Game

My newest has a fancy haircut :3:

also i made a spreadsheet i think i need help

mainly i need more horse names and stable slots

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
I want to play with SFD. I see they're on Edan, but does it matter which sub-option (or whatever) I pick?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

central posted:

I want to play with SFD. I see they're on Edan, but does it matter which sub-option (or whatever) I pick?

No, those are just channels. You can swap between them every 30 mins. Ideally you would enter the game on the home channel of your guild, but can always swap.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I've come to the realization that this game is Look at My Horse, My Horse is Amazing: The Video Game

My newest has a fancy haircut :3:

also i made a spreadsheet i think i need help

mainly i need more horse names and stable slots

Nice!

We're basically getting the same results. My T3 lineup is 2 Females and 1 Male.

Breeding and exchanging has always produced a (parents T+1) Foal, and I'm using level 10 as a minimum for breeding because I heard higher levels might produce better results? Might just be superstition though.
Attaching horses to wagons seems to split EXP between the horses. So I've been pairing my M and F in a farm wagon and leveling them both at once by doing mostly AFK trading.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

central posted:

No not really.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
For real how come my workers aren't bringing back fish from fishing nodes when I send them to work there

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

They're eating it

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Fuckin worthless

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

No, those are just channels. You can swap between them every 30 mins. Ideally you would enter the game on the home channel of your guild, but can always swap.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Is there a point to donkeys if you have a cart? I dont want to glue my donkey but its becoming tempting.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

If you have a really good stallion, can you charge other players to have their horses breed from it?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

YOTC posted:

Is there a point to donkeys if you have a cart? I dont want to glue my donkey but its becoming tempting.
Donkeys don't wear down like carts, also go better cross-country.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Angrymog posted:

If you have a really good stallion, can you charge other players to have their horses breed from it?

From what I understand, yeah. The breeding registration button is at the stables and I think that's what it does.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So the over flow guild has only one inviter, I am going to make more soon.

Also you can find it in the CTS mumble channel MISC - The Angry Glory Hole - Rebind your push to talk key

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I visited oniichans house in glich and now I cant leave because he walled the door with dressers.

e-Oh I was able to get out with one weird trick

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

So the over flow guild has only one inviter, I am going to make more soon.

Also you can find it in the CTS mumble channel MISC - The Angry Glory Hole - Rebind your push to talk key

filthy table-mic havers need not apply

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
why do you have to make friends with the furniture guy to buy a god drat bed

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

klapman posted:

Get gathering or processing to beginner 9 and there is a dwarf between velia and heidel who will give you a chain that ends in a bed.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

klapman posted:

He don't give that poo poo away for FREE man.

Uh, there IS a quest from the dwarf in the northern guard camp that ends up with you getting a bed. I forget how the chain goes, but it's the guy who wants you to grind up stone for him, and he tells you to talk to someone in Hiedel about settling down.

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

Cao Ni Ma posted:

How to play a valkyrie-

Valkyries are pretty simple to play and skill, they have like 4 primary abilities that you will want to focus on, but the level reqs for leveled up ones mean that you'll have plenty of points left to put into secondary abilities while leveling.

Primary Abilities

Sword of Judgement (backwards + RMB)- Your main source of damage both for melee aoe and single target. Its a bunch of damage in a frontal cone, drains your holy power at a high pace.

Throw Shield
(backwards + Q)- Lob your shield in a straight line doing tons of damage to mobs and stunning them +flipping them around. Does not stun if on cooldown. Useful for aoe grinding at mid range, by the time the mobs get close to you they'll be pretty much dead.

Just Guard- (while blocking forward + LMB) Somewhat different from the other classes, valks primary method of regenerating resources is by blocking attacks and using just guard to poke at enemies while blocking. Does ok damage, but it lets you keep guard up which helps when pulling massive packs.

Celestial Spear- (backwards + e) Huge burst in a very small area and slow enemies struck by it. You can use this ability to cancel out of other animations. This things would make it good enough to max out, but the real boon this thing has is the boosted crit rate you get after using it. At max level its a whopping 80% extra crit rate for 5 seconds.

Secondary abilities

Punishment (E)- You grab a dude and smack him in the ground knocking him and his buddies on their asses. Good damage and CC, perfect to use after softening mobs with shield throws.

Heavens Echo (Shift + Q) - Your taunt that also boosts your damage and the accuracy of everyone in your party. Its duration lasts longer than its cooldown, always have it on.

Breath of Elion (shift + R)- AoE heal + resource recovery + extra run speed for 10 seconds. Very useful.

Vow of Trust (Shift + Space)- Sacrifice stamina for your attack resource. Dont need to level it up really, but its really useful to have your resource top off before a pull.

Sideways Slash (left or right + left click) - Quick slashes while dodging in the direction you are pressing. Higher levels use less stamina. Useful for repositioning while taking on packs

This is a really good outline of valk skills, thanks.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Guys, using energy to process materials is retarded and is not in any other localization. Using four energy to make a wine that only takes 1 energy in any other version of the game is dumb and bad.

The Russians used to have this also and they got it removed by complaining on their forums. Let's do the same and get this dumb poo poo adjusted.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/33273-energy-on-processing/

Do what goons do best

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Quest wanted bronze hoe for me to get my gathering uniform
spend way too much time making it
go to deliver my hoe
it is a lucky bronze hoe, doesn't count
such is life

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I've been doing a few AFK on foot trade packs to see how much the strength training is worth.

You get 2 more carry weight for every level of training. I guess I would say that's worth it but only if you care more about strength than profit efficiency.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

In the dark of night, a bunch of idiots pile on to a boat to hunt the elusive swordfish (will update when we fail the quest)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

Quest wanted bronze hoe for me to get my gathering uniform
spend way too much time making it
go to deliver my hoe
it is a lucky bronze hoe, doesn't count
such is life

Chinagame

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Epic GoonTang fishing expedition.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Swordfish spot:

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

So I just figured out the most energy and time efficient method to grow crops. Don't ever water them, only use fertilizer.

Moisture decay is slower than plant growth at absolute dryness. Blight and tangles slow growing speed, but fertilizer will help combat that and get them into harvesting range before they reach 0% moisture. Also if you line up your fences so the corners are touching, you can use 1 fertilizer and fertilize up to 4 fences worth of crops.

Skip the water, skip waterways, skip scarecrows. Maybe I'll write up a complete guide when more people are doing it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

kalstrams posted:

Swordfish spot:

Mine was out in the ocean at the node NW

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013
I love how you all just left out the heroes of the day... THE EXPLOIT!

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

LegalPad posted:

So I just figured out the most energy and time efficient method to grow crops. Don't ever water them, only use fertilizer.

Moisture decay is slower than plant growth at absolute dryness. Blight and tangles slow growing speed, but fertilizer will help combat that and get them into harvesting range before they reach 0% moisture. Also if you line up your fences so the corners are touching, you can use 1 fertilizer and fertilize up to 4 fences worth of crops.

Skip the water, skip waterways, skip scarecrows. Maybe I'll write up a complete guide when more people are doing it.

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/06/black-desert-gardening-and-farming-guide/

Dulfy guy says dropping below 75% moisture will reduce crop yield so this sounds like a bad idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

prinnylaharl posted:

I love how you all just left out the heroes of the day... THE EXPLOIT!

:parrot: