Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Detonate Dead is the D2-inspired skill (does fire damage, % of monster max hp)

It's not really kept up with the accelerating pace of the game but it'll take you to low level maps, I figure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Detonate Dead dominated the meta back when fire prolif had the best clear speed in the game, that's why it's relatively weak in its current state because they had to nerf it pretty hard.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
You also have abyssal cry, which isn't exactly the same as you need to kill the creature under it's effect to make it go boomboom, but it does it to everyone near you and they explode gloriously for significant chaos damage, often causing chain reactions that obliterate entire packs of mobs.

Infernal blow is also cool if you think punching something so hard it spontaneosly combusts into a screenclearing fireball is fun.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Welp just had two crashes to desktop with no error message or anything in a half hour. Guess I'm done for the night.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

vOv posted:

Welp just had two crashes to desktop with no error message or anything in a half hour. Guess I'm done for the night.

I keep crashing to desktop with perandus chests, like literally the instant I walk into view of it. I'm not sure if it's a particular type of chest or not. Every time, I also then have to repair my install before I can log back in.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Mobs around the chest have lots of glowing and spell effects and poo poo, way more than usual. Might be your GPU making GBS threads itself?

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Dear Skyblazer. Pleas log on and name our tabs or email GGG to give guild leadership to someone like funman who is always on.

+1. If we leave the tabs unlabeled for another day or 2 it's gonna be a clusterfuck to re-organize :(

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Mobs around the chest have lots of glowing and spell effects and poo poo, way more than usual. Might be your GPU making GBS threads itself?

None of the other games I play (which have more glowy poo poo) have this problem.

prince_kahleeb
Jul 14, 2004
Can I get an invite to the guild? Character name is TheLavenderBrown

Thanks!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Huh, Spark seems to of made a comeback, used to be a bit of a joke skill for how bad it was, I wonder what changed since I last played.

quote:

Damage has been increased in damage by 10%, and starts at 4 projectiles, increasing by an additional one at levels 9, 17 and 25.
Damage increased by 76%.
Now grants 2% increased projectile speed per 1% quality (was 3% per 1% quality).
Critical Strike Chance has been increased from 5% to 6%.

:stare: oh

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Spark is kind of weird, it's either good, or too weak. Spark damage scales off both projectile speed and number. This is because each "wave" of sparks can hit a mob multiple times if one of the projectiles strikes a wall, and the frequency of such events occurring goes up as you increase projectile speed and numbers. In 2.1, poison voltaxic sparker was very strong, primarily because poison was stronger than ever, and because of the Rigwald Quiver giving a free fork.

Spark is currently popularised by streamers, but I think it's in a good spot right now for noncrit selfcast, because of ele overload making such builds viable. The skill is so idiosyncratic in comparison to more consistent skills like Arc, Storm Call and Ball Lightning, that it is fine to leave it at a relatively strong state.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Velveteen posted:

I just got chain reaction with 4 points in the saboteur ascendancy tree and my ice trapper turned into a trap god. The damage on this skill is insane, and they can "shotgun" when the small AoEs overlap. This is doing way more damage than bladefall back in talisman.

I don't like ice trap that much :( tried it on a couple of trappers i had left over from last league and it didnt feel that great, doesn't work very well with EE (neither does lightning trap)

Arc and LT cluster traps feel great with them all exploding at the same time though, too bad there isn't a decent single target lightning skill so you have to use bear trap...

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I haven't played since shortly after the patch that added the last act. Is there a recommended starter build that's good and relatively easy to play self found for this patch? I did dual totems before and that was fun and powerful, but I want to try something different .

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

This game has a lot more people playing it than I thought.

EDIT: thumbnailed it to stop people getting broken tables.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Awesome! posted:

i just started playing this for the first time. can i get an invite to the guild? started on the recommended softcore ladder. character name SA_Awesome.

no clue what im doing as far as character builds. is there corpse explosion? i always played a ce necro in diablo and i found a zombie skill

I would do a simple dual flame totem or two handed / armor / resolute techniques / blood magic to start. If this op does not have enough info Reddit is good too

You basically are going to be playing with the wiki open too.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is Cadiro appearing less/offering less uniques since one of the last patches or did I just hit a bad string of luck?

Chucullinn
Dec 9, 2008
Can I get a re-invite to the goon guild?

IGN: Chucullinn_Perandus

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Does anyone know what the "lead to gold" darkshrines do?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

Does anyone know what the "lead to gold" darkshrines do?

quote:

An unequipped white item in your inventory is turned into a rare

Seems a bit meh.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Well at least I know to pick up a couple of pieces of white jewelry now.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Every time I play this game I always end up picking ranger for the new season. :negative:

Could someone shoot me an invite? IGN: Pomgs

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Ancestral Protector is a hilarious (and good) skill, and having tested it out, it actually works with unarmed. I also noticed that the Scion's Hierophant ascendancy makes it so totem skills in your helm can have one more totem out at a time. Which means that with Ancestral Bond and The Bringer of Rain, you could summon three 7-link totems to Jojo the gently caress out of everything. Could this actually be a viable build?

The Wu-Tang Secret fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 6, 2016

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Besides the frequent crashes/DCs, i'm really liking this expansion.

Cadiro is great, the perandus boxes are a cool mechanic (gfx lag notwithstanding), the new trade system is so much more convenient than having to use acq.

Labyrinth is great and gives a really different feeling due to the inability to leave without restarting the whole thing. The DCs make it really annoying though and I haven't managed to clear it yet as a result, but i'm enjoying playing it still.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I was told to post "I need an Invite to the guild as Waci" here.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I beat izaru finally. That is some tense ARPGing.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Someone can invite Bardouche to the guild if there is room and they are feeling nice.

I am newish, played kind of a lot but never actually past level 50. This guy just unlocked Cyclone for his Cyclone build.

I haven't been crashing today but I've been getting...I don't really know how to describe the issue. Frame drops? It runs smoothly for 4 seconds and then stands still for a half-second and continues. Not really even sure if that's me having graphical or network slowdown with the game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Servers are getting hammered most likely.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Ancestral Protector is a hilarious (and good) skill, and having tested it out, it actually works with unarmed. I also noticed that the Scion's Hierophant ascendancy makes it so totem skills in your helm can have one more totem out at a time. Which means that with Ancestral Bond and The Bringer of Rain, you could summon three 7-link totems to Jojo the gently caress out of everything. Could this actually be a viable build?

no because you need to stand near your brotem, otherwise they go to sleep

BoR is busted and basically a trap

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

euphronius posted:

You basically are going to be playing with the wiki open too.
i immediately resigned myself to the fact that my first character was basically going to be a throwaway and i am just doing was sounds cool skill-wise right now. after i play through the game once or twice i will start looking up actual builds and poo poo

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Stagger_Lee posted:

I haven't been crashing today but I've been getting...I don't really know how to describe the issue. Frame drops? It runs smoothly for 4 seconds and then stands still for a half-second and continues. Not really even sure if that's me having graphical or network slowdown with the game.

i was getting that occasionally yesterday too. i thought it was network related since it popped up and disappeared seemingly regardless of what was happening on screen

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Posted yestaday, still waiting on an invite for "RFeree"

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Hi I was in New Jersey please calm down folks.

Invites via thread post are always spotty, asking in IRC or via PM is the sure way to go.

Don't be goobers in guild chat.

That is all, thank you for listening.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is our guild name pants in exile?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Yep

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok cool someone must have hit me with an invite earlier today

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

someone toss puffymuffinsz an invite to the guild please

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
Are invites actually happening? I didn't get one on deadly_dad.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

God drat it Izaro

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gigawhite posted:

God drat it Izaro

I can't imagine that poo poo on hc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Like when you know he tps you into traps lol.

• Locked thread