Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

I find it super weird that graduating college athletes would actually give a poo poo about playing with gay team mates. Are there seriously that many homophobic 22 year olds?

Im actually glad you are surprised because while I echo what other people have said I'm happy somewhere it's not a big deal that it would be surprising it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
wait, what?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
teams actually see the michael sam scenario as some kind of problem for the rams though. that is loving hilarious

the rams were poo poo because of jeff fisher and their bad players. i don't think a late-round pick considering getting a reality show had a whole lot to do with it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bad Moon posted:

Im actually glad you are surprised because while I echo what other people have said I'm happy somewhere it's not a big deal that it would be surprising it is

I tried to read and comprehend this sentence ten times in a row and now I speak fluent German :confused:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What Bad Moon is saying is that it's nice there are places in the world that are so tolerant that people who live there can't fathom seeing gayness as a problem in TYOOL 2016 (I think)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spoeank posted:

What Bad Moon is saying is that it's nice there are places in the world that are so tolerant that people who live there can't fathom seeing gayness as a problem in TYOOL 2016 (I think)

As a resident of the great state of South Carolina: "lol"

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Grittybeard posted:

Was there ever any news that he couldn't get along with people in the locker room?

Nothing from college/the NFL that I remember, but I know it was reported that some of the dudes he played with in Montreal in the CFL thought he had an attitude/was better than the team. Of course that could've just been due to him not wanting to be there and being a minor celebrity.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

Atlanta is a pretty happenin' gay town.

That being said, black gay men still get jumped walking down the street.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Skwirl posted:

I find it super weird that graduating college athletes would actually give a poo poo about playing with gay team mates. Are there seriously that many homophobic 22 year olds?

The jock culture is more resistant to changes in that respect than society in general.

That being said, it's probably the coaches who have a bigger issue with it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14910241/roddy-white-says-atlanta-falcons-offensive-coordinator-kyle-shanahan-wanted-out-offense

Roddy White is talking about Kyle Shanahan at length.

quote:

"It was just episodes throughout the game where I think he mismanaged things and screwed up and we didn't have the opportunity to win the game, which, I thought, was on him as the offensive coordinator. It wasn't sound football, but it was things that he was used to doing and things we weren't used to doing as an offense, and it literally cost us like two games."

quote:

"Man, I talked to him just about every day about everything," White said. "But it's like, 'If I'm talking to you and it's not getting no better, what do you expect from me?'

Some of the details of his release:

quote:

White clarified the details of how the release occurred. He was in Saint Martin with his girlfriend Wednesday when his agent, Jonathan Feinsod, called him with the news. He received a call from coach Dan Quinn an hour later.

"I didn't answer because I didn't know it was [Quinn] call me until after I got his message," White said. "Then he sent me a text message, and I responded."

Quinn said the team released White on Wednesday so the veteran would have a chance to catch on with another team before the start of free agency. Quinn said he intended to meet with White face to face once White returned from Saint Martin.

"I'm literally done with that situation," White said. "I understand that coach wants to sit down and talk but for me, we're past that situation now. We really have nothing to talk about. You just move forward. They're going in a different direction, and I'm going in a different direction, so no need to cross that bridge again and talk about, what, the good times we had?"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Was Roddy White the one who defended JoePa

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

Was Roddy White the one who defended JoePa

He put his foot in his mouth on the reg.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Don't do it Ozzie

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chilichimp posted:

Other noted weed guy who didn't even make it out of the first:

Yes he did.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

:hfive:

Ehud posted:

I live in a state which was one of the first to get gay marriage and even I went lol

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
nvm

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NFL draft: 2015 / Round: 1 / Pick: 23

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chilichimp posted:

NFL draft: 2015 / Round: 1 / Pick: 23
Please tell me how this translates to "didn't make it out of the first"

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

sam bradford lmao posted:

Please tell me how this translates to "didn't make it out of the first"

It's poor wording but technically he didn't make it out of the first, because he got drafted in the first.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That's what I figured after posting that

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Parmesan Basil posted:

Also the SEC has the most players drafted all the time so

and is where michael sam was from and beloved by his team/school so hey maybe you can go gently caress yourself bro

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chilichimp posted:

He put his foot in his mouth on the reg.

i mean,

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

If you had Joey Harrington/Chris Redman/Byron Leftwich as your QB you'd probably feel the same.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/706450133232152577

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Peyton's career is over

But Mort lives :unsmith:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
gently caress Peyton Manning

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Happy to see Peyton retiring. I kinda of wish he'd sign a one day contract with the Colts, but oh well.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Here are some :gbsmith: stories on Lawrence Jackson's battle with depression. One by LoJack himself.
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/03/06/detroit-lions-lawrence-jackson-depression-suicide/81399024/
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/03/06/detroit-lions-lawrence-jackson/81399908/

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

quote:

In the NFL, Jackson said he coped silently with bouts of depression during his time with both the Seattle Seahawks and Lions.

He had 6 1/2 sacks in two seasons in Seattle, far from the numbers expected from the 28th overall pick, and was at times a magnet of criticism from fans.

Man, as someone who has depression, reading things like this sure makes me feel like poo poo for hating on players' performances like they are robots

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Blaine Gabbert BSODs every time he sees a pass rush. He needs to be updated, and have his cache cleared.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
That Peyton Manning guy was pretty good.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Parmesan Basil posted:

kiss the rings

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
won't take long

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Mystic Stylez posted:

Man, as someone who has depression, reading things like this sure makes me feel like poo poo for hating on players' performances like they are robots

as someone with depression you probably know that fans being nice to you wouldn't help when the brain turns sad

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
comment on local news story: i know jackson hasn't produced much this year but he is playing hard out there
brain: playing hard at being the true fuckup with no friends, whose dick is just abominable

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Vertical Lime posted:

Peyton's career is over

But Mort lives :unsmith:

Good on Mort. Still working his sources while battling cancer. Most of us would curl up and die. Dude is badass and I hope to see him again soon.

But now in retirement, who will Peyton put his balls on?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

v2vian man posted:

as someone with depression you probably know that fans being nice to you wouldn't help when the brain turns sad

yeah I know but I'm not meaning it in a "it would help him feel better" sense, I'm saying it in a "it makes me a loving rear end in a top hat" way

v2vian man posted:

comment on local news story: i know jackson hasn't produced much this year but he is playing hard out there
brain: playing hard at being the true fuckup with no friends, whose dick is just abominable

hosed up that I can relate to that

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Retail Slave posted:

Good on Mort. Still working his sources while battling cancer. Most of us would curl up and die. Dude is badass and I hope to see him again soon.

But now in retirement, who will Peyton put his balls on?

Can I request a teabag on my papa johns pizza?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle arrested for the sixth time in 17 months

quote:

Randle, 24, was booked into the Sedgwick County Jail in Kansas for failure to appear in court at 1:44 a.m. Sunday, according to jail booking records. Bond has been set at $150,000, although it’s unclear which previous charge this is related to.

This marks the sixth arrest for Randle in the past 17 months. He posted bail last week after being charged with three counts aggravated battery, one count of drug possession (marijuana) and one count of criminal damage to property on Feb. 21. In that incident, Randle allegedly hit three people with his car before forcing his way into a home.

Randle, who is from Wichita, Kansas, has had continued run-ins with the law since October 2014 when he stole underwear and cologne from a department store in Frisco. In February 2015, he was investigated for domestic violence allegations.

Randle also dealt with allegations he bet on sports last month, something he denied.

uhh congrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Parmesan Basil posted:

• Locked thread