Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Mandator posted:

that's why we all registered. we're the thrifty lurkers who wouldn't pay until we got locked out

There used to be a backdoor through the paywall. You had to go into the leper's colony, then click on the link to someone's offending post. That would take you past the paywall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Soylent Yellow posted:

There used to be a backdoor through the paywall. You had to go into the leper's colony, then click on the link to someone's offending post. That would take you past the paywall.

goddamn it i registered for nothing

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Mandator posted:

goddamn it i registered for nothing

stop posting then

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Mandator posted:

you notice how we all have similar reg dates? it's no coincidence. the 2007 batch of regs was a fine crop

we were on one of the last choppers out

No kidding, I feel like I'm in a disaster movie* and I'm the dude who barely holds onto the cliff/rope/building edge/helicopter ladder while all the people behind me fall into an endless abyss.

*Be the protagonist of your own life. :negative:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

2007 was an extremely good year i made enough profit to register for this website and have maintained enough profit to unban myself ever since

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

satanic splash-back posted:

stop posting then

shut the gently caress up you loving moron

jesus loving christ

go gently caress yourself

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

the adults are trying to talk and this loving kid is all up in my poo poo

mods?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mandator posted:

the adults are trying to talk and this loving kid is all up in my poo poo

mods?

Kick his rear end.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Dave Concepcion posted:

you know, there are less convoluted ways to circumvent a simple word filter

you're gay

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mandator posted:

you notice how we all have similar reg dates? it's no coincidence. the 2007 batch of regs was a fine crop

we were on one of the last choppers out

2007 was a good year.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Nice tranny erasure

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Up to the Elves posted:

So I've just picked up a hefty sum of money thanks to an untimely passing of a close family member. (No need for goondolences, they've been bullying me my whole life and part of the reason for my severe anxiety and depression) I'm looking to support a kick-rear end game but am not too familiar with the gaming industry and what seems trustworthy out there. Hoping to get some recommendations. I like 8-bit rpg type games, and cute indy games similar to undertale and other steam bestsellers. Something small scale with a lot of face and community outreach.

Thanks.

uncurable mlady posted:

maybe you should donate it to a charity that will attempt to make measurable good in people's lives

Up to the Elves posted:

No thanks. I have explored that option but I am looking for something that would also bring ME measurable joy. Lord knows I need it.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

That dude has issues but you read the "Kickstarter Gaming" thread regularly so I'd say it's a wash as to which of you is more pathetic

unsocial mind
Mar 30, 2005
working in the third world
>>

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

no thanks.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Up to the Elves posted:

Is it possible to create a game without being able to do any of the actual creating? I do have an idea of a goblin in high school in a neighborhood where everyone is a normal human adventurer. This would be 8-bit rpg style.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I used to work with a guy whose friends were all hardcore gamer types, and I'd drink and play games with them occasionally. All of these kids were convinced that they could create the world's best games that were so much better than anything on the market, yet none of them had any skills. They couldn't code or program or design or do any sort of artwork, but they would spend hours talking about what kind of features they would implement and why X game is such poo poo and how their game would be so much better.

I would always say "Why don't you learn to code? Why not go to a game design college?" and they'd just give me the "Oh it's not about having a degree man! That doesn't matter, look at all the lovely games made by people who learned how to do that stuff at college!" then they'd go back to talking about how revolutionary their imagined game will be.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Ok Aatrek

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

mods?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

bad call

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

That dude has issues but you read the "Kickstarter Gaming" thread regularly so I'd say it's a wash as to which of you is more pathetic
u... mad. i read yospos games thread where that was quoted

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I used to work with a guy whose friends were all hardcore gamer types, and I'd drink and play games with them occasionally. All of these kids were convinced that they could create the world's best games that were so much better than anything on the market, yet none of them had any skills. They couldn't code or program or design or do any sort of artwork, but they would spend hours talking about what kind of features they would implement and why X game is such poo poo and how their game would be so much better.

I would always say "Why don't you learn to code? Why not go to a game design college?" and they'd just give me the "Oh it's not about having a degree man! That doesn't matter, look at all the lovely games made by people who learned how to do that stuff at college!" then they'd go back to talking about how revolutionary their imagined game will be.

I knew a good amount of these people *in* college. They didn't want to do the work, they didn't want to admit that they didn't have the gumption, they just wanted to be paid for being Idea Guys.
One of whom had a "design bible" (a crappy sketchbook) that he would show off. One notable entry was a picture of a Superman knockoff holding an AK47 and the caption "In this game you can do anything. Other games don't let you because they don't have vision."

Edit: Now that I think about it, maybe he wanted Marvel's Vision going ape poo poo on some gangs. I'd pay for that.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

u... mad. i read yospos games thread where that was quoted

Ah yes, YOSPOS....the cool, not-embarrassing forum. Your reputation has been restored

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Soylent Yellow posted:

top notch programming

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ah yes, YOSPOS....the cool, not-embarrassing forum. Your reputation has been restored

get a load of anroid! , i tried to comnmit the suicide again yesterday

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

they knew

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Go away, Aatrek.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcqkozRfx_Q

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

phew

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Somebody save this to a local backup before this giant baby sobers up and realizes what a huge mistake he made uploading that.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

notZaar posted:

Somebody save this to a local backup before this giant baby sobers up and realizes what a huge mistake he made uploading that.

i never understood the whole videotaping a confrontation thing. if his parents are actually boomers why doesn't he just beat on them until they acquiesce? they're probably old, and whupping on the elderly is pretty easy, in my experience

travel by foot
Jul 31, 2006
M

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Grand Prize Winner posted:

i never understood the whole videotaping a confrontation thing. if his parents are actually boomers why doesn't he just beat on them until they acquiesce? they're probably old, and whupping on the elderly is pretty easy, in my experience

He a Millennial and they are weak cowards, thats why.

herhehejhrekjashsd
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
nasty

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
This isn't https://youtu.be/EglOsfErtaE

?

herhehejhrekjashsd
Mar 7, 2016

by zen death robot
NEO NAZI SCUM #FEDSMOKER

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
RIP in piss millennials http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/07/revealed-30-year-economic-betrayal-dragging-down-generation-y-income

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
lol

quote:

Where 30 years ago young adults used to earn more than national averages, now in many countries they have slumped to earning as much as 20% below their average compatriot. Pensioners by comparison have seen income soar.

surely it's bc they don't work hard enough

however, i guess it's good to be young in australia

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i was reading the thread earlier and it was amazing how little money a lot of people on this forum make. It surprised me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i made twenty five grand a year as a teacher in detroit at my first post-grad job, that's just what you do in your twenties

• Locked thread