Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Nitrox posted:

The word "healthy" is in quotation marks, which may be an indication of irony

Yeah, but then "‘answers the phone‘" is also in quotation marks, and that just doesn't make any sense. Is she answering the phone or not?

Baboons messing with people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cph0D7Vdjp4

And More has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Mar 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

And More posted:

Yeah, but then "‘answers the phone‘" is also in quotation marks, and that just doesn't make any sense. Is she answering the phone or not?

Baboons messing with people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cph0D7Vdjp4

She's clearly faking answering the phone just to torment her healthy-at-any-size roommate.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dienes posted:

She's clearly faking answering the phone just to torment her healthy-at-any-size roommate.

Also I'm guessing that the 'skinny' housemate has an German accent because she's from Austria and the fatso thinks she said Australia.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I love that they nick CDs too.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Semprini posted:

Cooking a crab kills it. It never ceases to amaze me the things I can learn from SA.

Oh buddy... You didn't get the joke, did you?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Korgan posted:

The real schadenfreude is you keep re-registering this account despite being outed as a mentally-ill paedophile.

Aw cmon there's no way thats accura-

WickedHate posted:

I don't think I'm really fascist as much as I am just generally authoritarian but fascists are the only authoritarians anyone ever talks about.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WickedHate posted:

What about for a fictional character? It's kind of silly to be the reason I'm asking, but like...people keep saying this character is "[definitely pedophilic term]" and it's like, no, he's clearly an adult, he's just really youthful looking, he's a twink, stop acting like he's a literal prepubescent boy when he's obviously in his late teens at the very least! It's an annoying situation.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

:stare:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Aw cmon there's no way thats accura-

:stare:

Wow the fascism's a new one, I only knew about the incest and pedophilia

Also lol @ getting a slap on the wrist probation for "Fascist pedophile"

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
His rap sheet is like a fine wine

Nitrox has a new favorite as of 17:31 on Mar 6, 2016

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Shadenfreude something something inside the thread something something.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Semprini posted:

Cooking a crab kills it. It never ceases to amaze me the things I can learn from SA.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

I don't normally have a problem with killing animals for food but holy poo poo is that picture heartbreaking.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

The :smith:-est crab

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.

Memento posted:

This kills the crab.

That face when you shear off that face.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Astrobastard posted:

Same boat as me. After watching his vids a good 6 months or so ago I ordered Southord Lockpicking sets and transparent acrylic Practice locks from Massdrop.com and now I've picked every lock in my apartment and helped a friend get back into his apartment after locking himself out. poo poo is fun and also scary how easy it is sometimes

This post made me order a lock picking set.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

that feeling when your face is about to be cut off...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CommonShore posted:

This post made me order a lock picking set.
I unlocked my mailbox and a lovely padlock with a pair of paperclips when I lost my keys. So really even the kit is quite optional.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

mobby_6kl posted:

I unlocked my mailbox and a lovely padlock with a pair of paperclips when I lost my keys. So really even the kit is quite optional.

I know. I've defeated locks many times in the past. I just like the idea of having special-made tools, particularly the ones that the dude uses for turning the locks.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Is there a cheap basic picking set on amazon that you guys can recommend? I have 2 of these lock-boxes with password long forgotten, laying around. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdeMaWkJF2k Just as long as the tool he's using is part of a kit, I'm set. Thanks

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Do we need to start a lockpicking thread?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

CommonShore posted:

Do we need to start a lockpicking thread?

I think last time we did it just kept breaking into discussions elsewhere.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The most efficient lockpick is the crowbar.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Teddybear posted:

I think last time we did it just kept breaking into discussions elsewhere.

Boooooo

67 and still making love
Oct 7, 2005

Peek
a
BLARGH
Poor Father Crossan, the one time he does a line of coke in his Nazi Memorabilia room and some thoughtless bastard goes and films it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-35688401

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Twanki posted:

Poor Father Crossan, the one time he does a line of coke in his Nazi Memorabilia room and some thoughtless bastard goes and films it.

I thought this was just an episode of father ted. Priests having nazi rooms all the time I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8aE99weR4

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ohhhh so that's what it comes from.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Isn't there a Photoshop of the crab hulking out and breaking the scissors made from that picture?

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Twanki posted:

See, this is the problem I have with British journalism.

If you want to snort coke in your Nazi room, you should be able to do so IN PRIVATE :colbert:

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Uncle Enzo posted:

Agreed- show me the wrench thing on a proper Master padlock and I'll be impressed. Of course they're easy to pick, almost all locks are. (to lockpickers- I don't find it easy, even with the right tools) Plus you gotta compare a lock which can famously get shot through and stay in one piece vs the garbage potmetal in that video.

Those locks in the video are seriously some of the shittiest locks I've ever seen- I bet you could bust one apart with a hammer in one hit. At least Master locks are (somewhat) durable.

Picking a Master lock is easy for just about anyone. You need a special tool for warded locks but they're easy as well. Good aim with a hammer and a good sharp rap will break just about any padlock with the exception of locks with a cover over the clasp. Even so, you can break the mechanism with a hard blow with a sledge. My preference is picking when possible but a bolt cutter answers in most circumstances when necessary. I'm always called upon when someone has lost a key. I just happen to be good at it.

My preference for true security is a safe with a combination and a lever. Hard to open without a torch and you can't force the lock. Even with a pry-bar, it won't open. My fire safe in my office can be opened with a screwdriver and a vice grip but that's just for fire security. The information is irrelevant.

Never trust a keyed lock. Use security by obscurity or have a proper safe that uses pins in all 4 corners.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

-Zydeco- posted:

Isn't there a Photoshop of the crab hulking out and breaking the scissors made from that picture?

Are you maybe thinking of CRAB BATTLE!! instead?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

-Zydeco- posted:

That crab became incredibly popular in one of the past meme threads. I remember the picture, don't have the link, sorry

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Most locks aren't really supposed to make whatever you're locking up completely secure, they're supposed to make it prohibitively time consuming or difficult without specialized tools. The number of crooks who can pick a hardened lock at all is way lower than the ones who would rather just prey on the ones that can be rapped open in 5 seconds.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

-Zydeco- posted:

Not schadenfreude-y enough though.

There we go.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Best crab

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mostlygray posted:

Picking a Master lock is easy for just about anyone. You need a special tool for warded locks but they're easy as well. Good aim with a hammer and a good sharp rap will break just about any padlock with the exception of locks with a cover over the clasp. Even so, you can break the mechanism with a hard blow with a sledge. My preference is picking when possible but a bolt cutter answers in most circumstances when necessary. I'm always called upon when someone has lost a key. I just happen to be good at it.

My preference for true security is a safe with a combination and a lever. Hard to open without a torch and you can't force the lock. Even with a pry-bar, it won't open. My fire safe in my office can be opened with a screwdriver and a vice grip but that's just for fire security. The information is irrelevant.

Never trust a keyed lock. Use security by obscurity or have a proper safe that uses pins in all 4 corners.

Is there any way to "pick" a combination lock?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

chitoryu12 posted:

Sledgehammer usually works.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

chitoryu12 posted:

Yes, you can. (This one as well.)

And just something that reminded me of L.A. Beast: link

And More has a new favorite as of 23:43 on Mar 6, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
You know how they put those silhouette decals on large areas of clear glass so birds don't smash into them? I feel like maybe people need something like that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyCj5ce2jYk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS