Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Between Modine and Dinofrio, I'm not sure which Full Metal Jacket lead is the worse actor.

I mean D'Onofrio was good in Full Metal Jacket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rirse posted:

Sadly that won't happen. The other prehistoric franchise that won't die just released entry fourteen last month!

Who is still buying these?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Calico Heart posted:

I'm sorry you thought that.

Hopefully this means this franchise is about to die

Man, it seems like the Ice Age timeline is all backwards

-Prehistoric humans
-Dinosaurs
-Scrat creates the solar system and sets off a mass extinction event

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

RBA Starblade posted:

The people who grew up watching those sequels, who now have children.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For kicks you should look up how much the Ice Age movies have made domestically and through home entertainment. I didn't even know the third and fourth one existed before working at Fox. They made $1,763,931,599 worldwide and actually I don't know how to look up how much a movie makes in home video sales so I don't know why I said that.

A bunch.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RBA Starblade posted:

Parents?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I honestly can't believe they quit making Shrek movies.

How did anyone involved in the first four movies summon up enough dignity to stop the 5th one?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

CelticPredator posted:

A new song by Reba McEntire!!?? Oh boy howdy! I gotta pick that up!

I feel like it should say "sorry" between brackets after that line.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun

dreadnought posted:

This was the first thing that came to mind:

See also:

Teenage thoughts represented by doodles/collage? Groundbreaking.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Between Modine and Dinofrio, I'm not sure which Full Metal Jacket lead is the worse actor.

Arliss Howard is the underrated MVP of that movie.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
D'onofiro ruled in Daredevil, playing Kingpin as an awkward insecure :spergin: who is violent and connected enough to get his way instead of a Jigsaw-esque mastermind who is ten steps ahead of everybody else was a really interesting take on the character even if I never bought him as being capable of taking on Darevil one-on-one.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

When D'Onofrio decides to bring it, he can bring it, like Men in Black. Seeing Modine pop up out of nowhere was one of the strangest parts of Dark Knight Rises.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Timby posted:

When D'Onofrio decides to bring it, he can bring it, like Men in Black. Seeing Modine pop up out of nowhere was one of the strangest parts of Dark Knight Rises.

When I rewatched Batman Begins I was totally thrown by Rutger Hauer playing the generic evil businessman that Bruce Wayne ousts at the end.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lurdiak posted:

When I rewatched Batman Begins I was totally thrown by Rutger Hauer playing the generic evil businessman that Bruce Wayne ousts at the end.

All three movies were like that, now that I think about it, since Eric Roberts had the first "real" role of his career in ages in The Dark Knight.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Timby posted:

In a very overstuffed movie, his subplot out of like 400 subplots is the one that most clearly should have been left on the cutting room floor.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Plus Modine doesn't even come close to pulling off the hammy dialogue he gets when he' calling JGL a "hot shot" or whatever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

When you get a shot at playing a Jonah Jameson character and you gently caress it up, you really should be ashamed.

E: This is atrocious, Netflix.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 7, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Palpek posted:

City of Go(l)d

Wow, Alex from A Clockwork Orange really let himself go.

Now when he says he likes a bit of the old in-n-out, he just means the burger joint.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm guessing the Germans saw the different US and UK versions of this poster and decided to go with the series idea. Also in German the movie's called 'The spy and his brother':

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I smell a photoshop thread.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Wow, Alex from A Clockwork Orange really let himself go.

Now when he says he likes a bit of the old in-n-out, he just means the burger joint.

I thought it was Johnny Depp's character from Benny & Joon.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

CelticPredator posted:

I smell a photoshop thread.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Cannot stop laughing. Well done.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought that was real. :3:

In other news, since we're all poster nerds:

Jason Edminston, who does stuff for Mondo and a bunch of cool art for other properties posted this.

quote:

I'm proud to be in Kevin Burke's new movie Twenty Four by Thirty Six that premiered in Toronto last Saturday! This incredible documentary about film poster art covers everything from the golden age of movie posters to the resurgence of screen printed posters, featuring a ton of my good friends in the industry: Rob Jones, Gary Pullin, Justin Erickson, Paige Reynolds, Matthew Chojnacki, Pineapple Tangaroa, Bub Logan (Tal Zimmerman), Matty Ryan Tobin, Paul Ainsworth, Robert Bruno, Mitch Putnam, Todd Slater, Justin Ishmael, Chris Garofalo, JC Richards, William Stout, and many more. Any fan of movies and art should seek this film out once it's released widely.
Well done Kevin!

Sounds awesome! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV9hCdgajvc

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

You guys are wrong, this is clearly the Gallagher biopic we've bee wanting/needing.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWmHrjWhCKU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I honestly can't believe they quit making Shrek movies.

How did anyone involved in the first four movies summon up enough dignity to stop the 5th one?

I think it's more that Mike Myers has basically it seems retired from acting, he has done anything full length beyond a cameo since 2009 (the last Shrek) and has done like 40 minutes of voice acting since then.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Love Guru destroyed him. If only it had done the same to Jessica Alba

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm waiting for the glorious return of Austin Powers in Skyballs.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm legit surprised he never hitched himself to the Happy Madison wagon.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wasn't he focused on raising his kids? I think I remember seeing that. Similar to Rick Moranis.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm legit surprised he never hitched himself to the Happy Madison wagon.

Sandler and company just crank out movies without caring about them, Myers obsessively crafts his dogshit

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

morestuff posted:

Sandler and company just crank out movies without caring about them, Myers obsessively crafts his dogshit

The worst part of this is that austin powers is still really funny. I still watch it from time to time and it holds up even though the other two were terrible. What happend mike? :smith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He exhausted the entire joke in the first movie.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

kiimo posted:

Wasn't he focused on raising his kids? I think I remember seeing that. Similar to Rick Moranis.

You'd think that'd make getting on the Happy Madison train an even bigger no-brainer. Getting essentially paid to take a family vacation? I'd be on that in a heartbeat.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Oh My loving God:

I haven't heard of this. Does the goon who created him get royalties from HBO?

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm waiting for the glorious return of Austin Powers in Skyballs.

I'm still expecting a Wayne's World where Wayne and Garth are late 40-somethings still living the same way. Or mid-50's.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Palpek posted:

Oh My loving God:

I haven't heard of this. Does the goon who created him get royalties from HBO?

If they weren't paid for that Supernatural episode, then I doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

computer parts posted:

If they weren't paid for that Supernatural episode, then I doubt it.
If anything I can't wait for a dramatic reenection of goons shitposting in gbs.