Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Remember that old John Carpenter movie, Prince of Darkness, that featured the big green cylinder of pure, concentrated Satan?

That was actually a Steelers Gatorade keg. They drink from it and always have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Allow me to retort: your fans threw trash at an injured player being carted off the field

They were already carting garbage off the field, what's wrong with throwing another bottle in the bin as it goes by?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Sour Diesel posted:

remember when that one guy made a big speech about boycotting football because his team lost a playoff game to the steelers

And then said he'd have come to the same conclusion if the Bengals would have won

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Gonz posted:

Remember that old John Carpenter movie, Prince of Darkness, that featured the big green cylinder of pure, concentrated Satan?

gently caress Xcom is real!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ross Angeles posted:

It worked for me and Nrr because he died

Truly phenomenal :lol:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Lol yeah and everyone called him out immediately because it was so knee jerk and whiny that you couldn't help but laugh

The correct response is to immediately cut the cord to the Internet for the next six months to let the wounds on your heart heal then come back when you won't have a melt down

Hopefully not too many posters had died in the interim :smith:

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 7, 2016

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

"I'm Glad The Bengals Lost" is probably one of my favorite starts to a meltdown post

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Apparently Lovie Smith is going to be hired to coach... the University of Illinois.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

remember when that one guy made a big speech about boycotting football because his team lost a playoff game to the steelers

I am still boycotting football because I think it's bad to reward a player for leading a tackle with the crown of their helmet. I was also disgusted with the atmosphere of the stadium and disgusted with the absolutely arbitrary officiating. Until there's been a serious attempt to remove incentives for targeting the helmet I'm not spending a dime.

Sucks because this is the first year ever where I've got the income to justify season tickets and I've wanted them since I was about 8 or so.

I like to think I could have made the same decision if the Bengals had won but realistically I almost certainly couldn't have.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 7, 2016

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

I am still boycotting football because I think it's bad to reward a player for leading a tackle with the crown of their helmet. I was also disgusted with the atmosphere of the stadium and disgusted with the absolutely arbitrary officiating. Until there's been a serious attempt to remove incentives for targeting the helmet I'm not spending a dime.

Sucks because this is the first year ever where I've got the income to justify season tickets and I've wanted them since I was about 8 or so.

I like to think I could have made the same decision if the Bengals had won but realistically I almost certainly couldn't have.

On the plus side. at least you will still be able to get them when you want them. My oldest brother was wait listed for 17 years for his. I just got lucky bc he couldn't afford them anymore after starting his family. He still owns the PSLs tho

indigi posted:

Truly phenomenal :lol:

Genuinely funny post, i agree

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm also boycotting the NFL but will be immersing myself in its culture throughout the rest of my lifetime still. If you see me post in GDTs it's ironic

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

Sure, but in a sport where helmet to helmet hits have gone uncalled on an almost weekly basis for years, you get why it comes off as a bit disingenuous that you happened to come to this conclusion after this particular loss, right?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Blarfk posted:

Sure, but in a sport where helmet to helmet hits have gone uncalled on an almost weekly basis for years, you get why it comes off as a bit disingenuous that you happened to come to this conclusion after this particular loss, right?

if i say "ryan shazier intentionally went helmet to helmet against giovani bernard and vince williams threatened to kill vontaze burfict" three times into a mirror are you going to appear behind me and break my jaw on a crackback block

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Isn't the new worst fan base here usually the one that wins the Super Bowl?!

I mean Jesus Bengals fans

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

if i say "ryan shazier intentionally went helmet to helmet against giovani bernard and vince williams threatened to kill vontaze burfict" three times into a mirror are you going to appear behind me and break my jaw on a crackback block

yes and then joey porter will leap out of your toothpaste tube and we'll dab over your broken body knowing that we won't receive any fines through the sheer power of evil

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blarfk posted:

You didn't see the hit 70 times on 200 foot screens. The angle they kept playing the poor kid's face was on camera the whole time. There's a reason the Stadium went from quietly surly to borderline riotous on a dime. The thing that gets me is all turnovers are already reviewed. If they wanted to make a rule to say you can't instigate a fumble with a blow to the head or you can't force a fumble on an illegal hit it wouldn't slow the game at all. The league just doesn't care.

It's extremely embarrassing that people were throwing poo poo on the field and at players. It's just a good thing the Bengals lost on a deflating penalty rather than a big play because it sucked the energy out of the stadium and probably prevented a few hospitalizations. Place was in shock.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Gonz posted:

I watched that one night with my friends in college.
There isn't enough alcohol in the world to make that movie good.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Blarfk posted:

yes and then joey porter will leap out of your toothpaste tube and we'll dab over your broken body knowing that we won't receive any fines through the sheer power of evil

*in the voice of eminem from 8 mile realizing he got owned by some trash talk but doesn't want to admit it* uh huh.....yeah well.......your mom's a whore, and mike tomlin literally put on some pads and a #69 steelers jersey and tackled jacoby jones

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

*in the voice of eminem from 8 mile realizing he got owned by some trash talk but doesn't want to admit it* uh huh.....yeah well.......your mom's a whore, and mike tomlin literally put on some pads and a #69 steelers jersey and tackled jacoby jones

lmao drat you alright BMP

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

:3:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chris-mortensen-peyton-manning-scoop-reporters-happy-to-get-beat-030616

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
sports reporters are all bad and I wouldn't care if they all died of cancer

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I watched that one night with my friends in college.
There isn't enough alcohol in the world to make that movie good.

That is why God gave us LSD.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Spoeank posted:

No it's pretty much always been the Pats and Steelers

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I'm currently boycotting football.........

...instead i will watch the browns thanks everyone toodles

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Parmesan Basil posted:

No it's pretty much always been the Pats and Steelers

Please re-read my sentence thank you Mr. Basil.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Spoeank posted:

Please re-read my sentence thank you Mr. Basil.

I'm just taking the opportunity to jab at my least favourite teams so I'll just stick with what I said thanks. Also gently caress the Steelers and Pats

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/06/roddy-whites-agent-claims-kyle-shanahan-issued-ultimatum-to-team/

Roddy Whites agent saying dropping bombs.

quote:

“There is one reason Roddy is no longer with the Falcons and it is Kyle Shanahan,”

loving hell... so the story at first was how "everyone got together and talked it over, and they all decided that Roddy didn't fit the plan." Well, now that the shots are getting fired, the story is changing.

quote:

Falcons coach Dan Quinn denied the contention that Shanahan made a Roddy-or-me ultimatum, claiming that Quinn made the decision without consulting with Shanahan.

“I did not consult or confer with any of the assistant coaches,” Quinn said. “From my long history as an assistant coach, I know often times you want to have everybody forever. I did not confer with Kyle in any way regarding this decision.”

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

gently caress you

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
White house press secretary Bill Belichick

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

McSpankWich posted:

White house press secretary Bill Belichick

we're on to tehran

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blarfk posted:

That would be my main man Eifert, who I'm currently arguing with on this exact page because I think he believes the Steelers are literally evil

No, that sounds about right. Most cultures label the unfamiliar, the other, and the alien as evil. Their lack of understanding leads them to misinterpret and misunderstand actions that make sense in the context of the other's culture. In this case, it is really to be expected that a Bengals fan would find the most successful franchise in the NFL to be utterly foreign and incomprehensible.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Parmesan Basil posted:

I'm just taking the opportunity to jab at my least favourite teams so I'll just stick with what I said thanks. Also gently caress the Steelers and Pats

It checks out. Here's what I get when I google "18-1":

quote:

An unfriendly person pursues selfish ends and against all sound judgment starts quarrels.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chichevache posted:

No, that sounds about right. Most cultures label the unfamiliar, the other, and the alien as evil. Their lack of understanding leads them to misinterpret and misunderstand actions that make sense in the context of the other's culture. In this case, it is really to be expected that a Bengals fan would find the most successful franchise in the NFL to be utterly foreign and incomprehensible.

lol

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Magicpants posted:

sports reporters are all bad and I wouldn't care if they all died of cancer

you're a cool poster, please don't wish cancer on anybody even if you are being ironic

thanks and God bless

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank posted:

Usually that's the case but the us Broncos fans are still in shock that we even made it the SB so it's been relatively quiet in TFF. I'm glad another fan base is grabbing the reigns on this!

Chichevache posted:

A Good Post

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think there exists a Bengals fan who hates the Steelers team more than they hate their fans.

I hate four or five Steelers players (Ben, Mitchell, Tomlin, Pouncy, whichever scrub tried to decapitate Huber) but I have no issue with most of the team. I guess it pisses me off how everyone gives Rooney a pass for pretending his QB isn't a serial rapist, too. Bell, Brown, Foster, Whoever else, whatever.

The difference maker is that the fans I've met in person have been absolutely awful. I'm sure the people who actually live in the city and have a tie to Pittsburgh are no different than any other fan but the people I know all chose to be Steelers fans in a rival market because they're gaping contrary assholes. They're the biggest reason I hate to see the Bengals lose to them.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Allow me to retort: your fans threw trash at an injured player being carted off the field

throwing trash at trash is A-OK in my book

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Never change chiche

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I'm watching the 18-1 game on Youtube since I've got nothing better to do.

Can you still challenge the refs for not calling 12 men on the field? That seem pretty fishy.

e:

computer parts fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

You didn't see the hit 70 times on 200 foot screens. The angle they kept playing the poor kid's face was on camera the whole time. There's a reason the Stadium went from quietly surly to borderline riotous on a dime. The thing that gets me is all turnovers are already reviewed. If they wanted to make a rule to say you can't instigate a fumble with a blow to the head or you can't force a fumble on an illegal hit it wouldn't slow the game at all. The league just doesn't care.

It's extremely embarrassing that people were throwing poo poo on the field and at players. It's just a good thing the Bengals lost on a deflating penalty rather than a big play because it sucked the energy out of the stadium and probably prevented a few hospitalizations. Place was in shock.

Football has been like this forever. Older defenses and guys like Jack Tatum have careers built on turning heads into pink mist. Also a rule about not being able to cause a fumble with a head-hit would be a bit tough to implement. You'd just see even more guys lowering their heads into defenders.

• Locked thread