Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

Like when you know he tps you into traps lol.

Yeah, that's exactly what killed me. My templar was pretty drat tanky too but all the insane spell effects lagged the poo poo out of my computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

euphronius posted:

Like when you know he tps you into traps lol.

There's a giant run away signal to not get tpd

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

There's a giant run away signal to not get tpd

Ooh I missed that. Is it the green aura. I've done phase 3 once.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yep, green aura = run the gently caress away

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Izaro doesn't have any huge-chunk-of-phys-damage Vaal Smashish attacks, does he

if you have a sufficiently large EHP pool and sustain, facetanking him seems to work. Gotta leap/whirl out of traps though.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

ronya posted:

Izaro doesn't have any huge-chunk-of-phys-damage Vaal Smashish attacks, does he

He's got similar attacks with shorter charge up times :eng101: they aren't quite as deadly unless he gets some decent buffs from his first two phases though.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Exalted orb for 2075 coins? Don't mind if I do!

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
he hasn't used them on me in any of the times I've encountered then

I die readily to A4M Malachai smash but Izaro hasn't managed to chunk my 5k ehp

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

ronya posted:

he hasn't used them on me in any of the times I've encountered then

I die readily to A4M Malachai smash but Izaro hasn't managed to chunk my 5k ehp

Oh sorry, A4M Malachai is ridiculously hard because he's optional. Normal and Cruel Izaro/Malachai fights are definitely comparable though, with Izaro doing similar damage but much less predictably in those difficulties.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I have no idea if it's good or bad, but I know one thing: Knockback + SRS is hilarious. My stomach loving hurts from laughing at unique bosses getting shoved into a corner.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

gigawhite posted:

God drat it Izaro

Got to the final battle with him. Battle starts, start doing damage....screen freezes for 4-5sec, I'm dead. RESURRECT IN TOWN. Well gently caress you!

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Apparently if you fully uber the Labyrinth boss he gets a little crazy. I buffed him up all the way in cruel and died. I was already in Merciless so I expected it to be relatively easy. :negative:

Rest in peace RippinMyPantsOff. You ripped. And your pants were off when it happened. So continuity, that's good right?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I finally managed to kill cruel Izaro at lvl 55 after a dozen or so attempts. It took me a few tries to figure out how to neuter his buffs correctly, making sure to save two of the charge negating pillars so I can burst him down towards the end of his first phase while keeping the charges off him, made sure none of his guardians survived in the second phase. Even then it was a very tense but extremely fun and challenging fight that I'd gladly do again. I'm glad I didn't overlevel and return 20 levels later, because it would have cheapened the experience a bit.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anyone got a good build for a molten strike marauder yet?

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
I've already broken the league for myself by playing an absurdly viable character. I got a Blade Vortex witch to the end of normal and picked up the Mistress of Sacrifice ascendancy node, and now I'm completely indestructible. A high-level CWDT link carries Desecrate, Bone Offering and Chaos Golem. A low-level CWDT link carries Tempest Shield with Curse on Hit + Enfeeble. I'm using Cybil's Paw and running the combo of Eldritch Battery + Zealot's Oath + Mind Over Matter, with 95% of my mana reserved to run Discipline, Vitality and Arctic Armor.

Altogether, this means I constantly have near maximum block and spell block, regain life rapidly whenever I'm being attacked or standing near something, curse anything that tries to hit me with Enfeeble, and 30% of the damage taken from hits goes to my rapidly regenerating ES pool instead of my life. I'm expecting either Bone Offering or the Mistress of Sacrifice node to see some serious nerfs at the end of this league.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 7, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Vanguard Warden posted:

I've already broken the league for myself by playing an absurdly viable character. I got a Blade Vortex witch to the end of normal and picked up the Mistress of Sacrifice ascendancy node, and now I'm completely indestructible. A high-level CWDT link carries Desecrate, Bone Offering and Chaos Golem. A low-level CWDT link carries Tempest Shield with Curse on Hit + Enfeeble. I'm using Cybil's Paw and running the combo of Eldritch Battery + Zealot's Oath + Mind Over Matter, with 95% of my mana reserved to run Discipline, Vitality and Arctic Armor.

Altogether, this means I constantly have near maximum block and spell block, regain life rapidly whenever I'm being attacked or standing near something, curse anything that tries to hit me with Enfeeble, and 30% of the damage taken from hits goes to my rapidly regenerating ES pool instead of my life. I'm expecting either Bone Offering or the Mistress of Sacrifice node to see some serious nerfs at the end of this league.

Yo, link your character and gear. I want to compare with mine, I've been self-casting desecrate and bone offering, and investing my tree into crit.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Frogmanv2 posted:

Anyone got a good build for a molten strike marauder yet?

sure, get a big fuckoff axe, grab loving RT and BM, link motherfuckltenstrike to multi, melee phys, added fire, wed and conc effect

oh and do the same but with frostblades for pack clearing

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Vanguard Warden posted:

Could you post your tree? That sounds interesting.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Well drat, this league is off to a great start for me. First time getting anything more than a 5link without buying it also!

Took about 200 fusing.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like any witch build using a skill that benefits from skill duration would do well to go necromancer, between those sacrifice skills not being intended for use by none-zombies and the fact you can easily get some massive self damage and aura buffs for your party without having to invest into minions at all.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Vanguard Warden posted:

Is this hardcore viable? I'm out of touch with this game I was messing around with max block the last 2 times I played, I thought that was nerfed into the ground before a few times?

Got a build link? Or does anyone in hardcore have a max block style build for me, at least a starting point?

Longbike
Sep 7, 2011
I have been planning a BV necro build since as soon as I saw Mistress of Sacrifice. Tested it in standard and was able to down merciless Malachai with a level 14 BV gem. DPS will be lower than a crit build, but it should be easy and cheap to gear. (cybil's paw, lioneye's remorse, stone of lazwhar and eventually a tabula rasa) The link I posted has MoM since I was playing around with using a Clear Mind jewel and MoM to offset the fact that life from the tree is slightly lower than I am usually comfortable with for a melee-type build. Should be able to cap block/spell block once you get a level 18 bone offering.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...4q-T-yD048AAA==

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I got wrecked the first time I faced Izamaro on normal. It didn't help that I tried to switch out flasks at the stash beforehand before realizing they weren't going to get refilled. My cyclone guy just did no damage to him and then eventually died just as adds came up - seemed like it took awhile.

I imagine most first-time-normal players will suck as much as I do, it's a little surprising that he's kind of an actual boss fight compared to the required bosses on that difficulty.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

This is brilliant

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I absolutely hate people who edit the message like that. If they just tack on something at the end like "would you accept X?" then I am willing to entertain their offers.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
My first time fighting Izaro, I held down heavy strike until the phase ended. Then I got to his 2nd fight and he was all Goku'd up with 3 added damage conduits active, and my resists were all garbage :owned:

I like the labyrinth so far, I just wish the skeleton spawning things had more health so I wouldn't accidentally kill them with earthquake. I also wish the areas weren't as big, and there was more trap + monsters combinations, instead of "here is a long floor spike + roomba section you need to blindly run through, good luck!"

Earthquake rules. I'm level 60 still using a Geofri's Baptism and it still one shots almost all white mobs in act 1 merciless, 2-3 hits for blue packs, and I just heavy strike down any rares/bosses and weave in EQ to mow down any adds.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Cinara posted:

I absolutely hate people who edit the message like that. If they just tack on something at the end like "would you accept X?" then I am willing to entertain their offers.

You know that's just what poe.trade puts on your clipboard when you hit "Whisper", right?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Vanguard Warden posted:

This reminded me to actually go and buy a Cybils. Not planning on using it as my final weapon, but no idea why I forgot to pick one up since it's going to a while before I can afford final set of gear. Going armor based down the left side of the tree.

My current CWDT setup is a lower level carrying Desecrate, higher level carrying Bone Offering, Chaos Golem, Tempest shield, but that will change at some point (low level desecrate and higher level offering will stay though) - want to get an increased duration on the bone offering.

Also running conductivity curse on hit on herald of lightning, don't have space on the tempest shield CWDT setup. Might change that to enfeeble.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 7, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Earthquake looks CRUNCHY

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

How is Panderus or whoever the gently caress

Seems like you can get some OP poo poo without killing yourself now

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

galahan posted:

Is this hardcore viable? I'm out of touch with this game I was messing around with max block the last 2 times I played, I thought that was nerfed into the ground before a few times?

Got a build link? Or does anyone in hardcore have a max block style build for me, at least a starting point?

Vortex has some issues in HC. You have to be very quick on managing flasks and have high defenses as you are so close to mobs. And watch the gently caress out for Lightning Thorns and Vaal Molten Shell totems from the monkey Tora boss.

ZenVulgarity posted:

How is Panderus or whoever the gently caress

Seems like you can get some OP poo poo without killing yourself now

League is good, some of the perandus mobs are pretty tough and they need to tone down the graphical effects on them. Servers have not been great since the league started but they are working on it. The Labyrinth is way too long and both it and Izaro are overtuned.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

whypick1 posted:

You know that's just what poe.trade puts on your clipboard when you hit "Whisper", right?

He edited the message to 1 chaos instead of 3, as it should be from the stash tab.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Efb

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Bugsy posted:

Vortex has some issues in HC. You have to be very quick on managing flasks and have high defenses as you are so close to mobs. And watch the gently caress out for Lightning Thorns and Vaal Molten Shell totems from the monkey Tora boss.

League is good, some of the perandus mobs are pretty tough and they need to tone down the graphical effects on them. Servers have not been great since the league started but they are working on it. The Labyrinth is way too long and both it and Izaro are overtuned.

What right now seem to be the hot builds

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Safari Disco Lion posted:

He edited the message to 1 chaos instead of 3, as it should be from the stash tab.

....drat, I got whooshed.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

What right now seem to be the hot builds

Earthquake is godly.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I bought a Death's Harp from someone myself and the whisper said it was in tab "b/o 0 alts" so I dunno.

Also dear god did I need that bow. Getting around the level to trade it out (A3C) but it's just such a great midgame leveling weapon.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

Earthquake is godly.

I assume you'd still want a Lightning Coil and a Maro?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

theshim posted:

I bought a Death's Harp from someone myself and the whisper said it was in tab "b/o 0 alts" so I dunno.

Your tab can have a rule of "Every item in this tab costs X" in which case, the tab MUST have a name formatted like the game gives it.

Tabs can also have rules of "Each item gets its own price", in which case the tab can be named anything. So someone probably experimented with the first option, before settling on the second option in your case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Devor posted:

Your tab can have a rule of "Every item in this tab costs X" in which case, the tab MUST have a name formatted like the game gives it.

Tabs can also have rules of "Each item gets its own price", in which case the tab can be named anything. So someone probably experimented with the first option, before settling on the second option in your case.
Huh. Man, one of these days I really ought to set up a shop thread to offload some of my crap.

• Locked thread