Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Trump in Mississippi is at 90c, and the election's tomorrow. Is there any reason I shouldn't buy a lot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

platzapS posted:

Trump in Mississippi is at 90c, and the election's tomorrow. Is there any reason I shouldn't buy a lot?

I would buy at 80-85. 90's on the border.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The guy at predictit must be sleeping hard as they have not resolved the Maine dem caucus results yet.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

platzapS posted:

I've expressed misgivings in other states, but I think Mississippi for Trump is about as safe as it gets.

JohnnyPalace
Oct 23, 2001

I'm gonna eat shit out of his own lemonade stand!
Hillary yes/ Bernie no in Michigan tomorrow is still in the low 90's, despite every single poll giving Hillary a double-digit lead. Not a bad return for a 99% sure thing.

https://www.predictit.org/Market/1934/Who-will-win-the-Michigan-Democratic-primary

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

JohnnyPalace posted:

Hillary yes/ Bernie no in Michigan tomorrow is still in the low 90's, despite every single poll giving Hillary a double-digit lead. Not a bad return for a 99% sure thing.

https://www.predictit.org/Market/1934/Who-will-win-the-Michigan-Democratic-primary
Maxed on this here, Illinois, North Carolina, and working on Florida but it's only dipped to 92 cents once since opening.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nm

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I keep waxwing on bailing on Missouri and thinking that everyone else is crazy

I'm definitely leaning on the "it's a racist shithole" basis though

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
It is but I've yet to encounter a real Trump supporter here. Given I don't hang around the known KKK areas. The waspy St Charles County types I know don't like Trump but they're pretty divided between the not-Trumps.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

JohnnyPalace posted:

This and the universities are on spring break which Bernie heavily relies on.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Use at your own risk but new polling suggests Trump and Sanders may be favored in Idaho:

http://idahopoliticsweekly.com/politics/905-poll-trump-leads-in-idaho-ahead-of-tuesday-s-primary

Daniel Bryan has issued a correction as of 17:05 on Mar 7, 2016

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

Use at your own risk but new polling suggests Trump and Sanders may be favored in Idaho:

http://idahopoliticsweekly.com/politics/905-poll-trump-leads-in-idaho-ahead-of-tuesday-s-primary

I would be very cautious of Trump in caucus states though.

Idaho probably going to go the way of Kansas, Oklahoma, etc. Cruz & Sanders.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
I just made an account last night.

I am in on Trump Yes in ID, MO, and FL. I feel these primary systems favor him more than the caucuses.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

L-Boned posted:

I just made an account last night.

I am in on Trump Yes in ID, MO, and FL. I feel these primary systems favor him more than the caucuses.
You are brave to play with ID and MO. Good luck friend.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Peachstapler posted:

You are brave to play with ID and MO. Good luck friend.

I am not necessarily going to stay to the end. Trump fluctuates a lot, so I will probably get out on a bump. I live in MO. The general consensus seems to be that many independents are going Trump.

I got in on (18, ID) (39, MO) and (78, FL). I think the FL is pretty safe from everything I have seen.

L-Boned has issued a correction as of 17:24 on Mar 7, 2016

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
I'm loading up big on Sanders in Michigan, I'm expecting a possible upset with the black population in Detroit after his stellar debate performance last night:

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/706673150772322304

These are issues I don't see HRC confronting, and I think now is the time where it finally bites her in the rear end. I'm ready to profit off of it. :twisted:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Narciss posted:

I'm loading up big on Sanders in Michigan, I'm expecting a possible upset with the black population in Detroit after his stellar debate performance last night:

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/706673150772322304

These are issues I don't see HRC confronting, and I think now is the time where it finally bites her in the rear end. I'm ready to profit off of it. :twisted:

A much braver person you are than I. I hope it's not too much money.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I like Cruz NO in Idaho right now. He may win it, but 75% chance? The only (not great) poll isnt good for him, it is an open primary. Rubio has been active there and on TV there. Trump will get his. Seems like a decent gamble.

Also in Trump Missouri

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Kasich at 12 in Michigan? News cycle and those new polls gonna get these schlubs to have it at 20 by tomorrow morning

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

G-Hawk posted:

I like Cruz NO in Idaho right now. He may win it, but 75% chance? The only (not great) poll isnt good for him, it is an open primary. Rubio has been active there and on TV there. Trump will get his. Seems like a decent gamble.

Also in Trump Missouri

The Idaho GOP primary is closed.

Edit: Actually I may have read something misleading. Sites have the primary listed as "Closed" but there might actually be same-day registration.

Edit2: Yeah it allows same-day registration.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 18:11 on Mar 7, 2016

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Vox Nihili posted:

The Idaho GOP primary is closed and registration ended in December.

Independents can vote. Just not Democrats.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

The Idaho GOP primary is closed.

Edit: Actually I may have read something misleading. Sites have the primary listed as "Closed" but there might actually be same-day registration.

Edit2: Yeah it allows same-day registration.

I read the same thing before. But yeah, same day reg makes it more effectively function like an open primary. I lean towards Cruz having an advantage there, but a slim one.

Also, these Michigan polls are mixed but there does seem to be some Kasichmentum. Took a flyer on Kasich at 12 cents.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
It's odd that there was a big to-do about having closed primaries but they still allow same-day registration. Good news for Trump, anyway.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Closed just means you have to be a registered Republican or Democrat to vote. It doesn't have anything to do with when you can change that registration. It's a weird distinction that's confusing.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

Closed just means you have to be a registered Republican or Democrat to vote. It doesn't have anything to do with when you can change that registration. It's a weird distinction that's confusing.

There are varying definitions and also semi-closed. But as far as I'm concerned, what matters is if a person who is not a registered republican(or Democrat) can vote on election day. And further, if someone not registered can vote. The more difficult it is for someone who is not a long time registered republican to vote, the worst for Trump, and vice versa.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I'm trying to understand why Kasich NO is so undervalued in Ohio. He hasn't led in a single poll there, has he? I mean, it's his home state, but he has zero momentum, no states, I just don't see Ohioans wanting to throw their vote away on a man who is guaranteed to lose.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

I'm trying to understand why Kasich NO is so undervalued in Ohio. He hasn't led in a single poll there, has he? I mean, it's his home state, but he has zero momentum, no states, I just don't see Ohioans wanting to throw their vote away on a man who is guaranteed to lose.

He's been polling well elsewhere recently, and there's a real or perceived Trump slump. That's about it.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Trump has been underperforming his polls for about a week now. Kasich is the pretty popular governor of Ohio. I think that's what's making people shaky about Trump. He appears to be on a down swing.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Idaho GOP market has been very swingy today. Trump No was as low as 61c and as high as 78c.

Made $40 and got out. I think Cruz is the favorite (despite the effectively open primary) but not at these prices.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
By the way, for all those rent-seeking cowards trying to earn nothing more than reasonable interest on your corporate megabux, Rubio No in Idaho is available at 95c. Rubio will not be winning Idaho.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Vox Nihili posted:

By the way, for all those rent-seeking cowards trying to earn nothing more than reasonable interest on your corporate megabux, Rubio No in Idaho is available at 95c. Rubio will not be winning Idaho.
Correct. I'm maxed @ 80.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Ha, I sold my Rubio Michigan NO shares last week at a nice profit 83 to 95, today there aren't any NO shares available.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Come on, max out on MO you pussies! DO it!!!

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx
The Enda Kenny market is getting Romney-Run levels of annoying. His chances are razor-thin, but the market still has him at 50%. I basically have to wait until Thursday when he doesn't make it to actually get cashed out on this.

EDIT: The market is also crazy-thin and spread out, with the lowest buy available being 50 shares at $0.57, and the highest sell available being 27 shares at $0.49.

e_angst has issued a correction as of 19:03 on Mar 7, 2016

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

Cruz no is cheaper in Michigan and Florida

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Mississippi at 89 seems like free money. The eastern precincts in LA swung heavily Trump.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Oiled and Ready posted:

Kasich at 12 in Michigan? News cycle and those new polls gonna get these schlubs to have it at 20 by tomorrow morning

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/706881266264743937

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

L-Boned posted:

Mississippi at 89 seems like free money. The eastern precincts in LA swung heavily Trump.
Cruz YES is my lotto ticket tomorrow. I have yet to win one but this is probably my best chance tomorrow. No early voting in MS and when you take that away Cruz actually won Louisiana by a fraction of a point. Plus Trump downtrend is real, even if it's a little.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Add this to the ARG poll, the KS results, the ME results, and the Louisiana E-day v early vote and there is a moderate amount of evidence that Trump started falling at the end of last week. Not conclusive at all but worth considering with any bets right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Hey predictit maybe you should close the Maine dem caucus market already.

• Locked thread