Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

RareAcumen posted:

I haven't even seen a full season of Seinfeld and I feel like the loving Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are edgier than it ever got.

Now, now, they alluded to masturbation for an entire episode, even saying that women do it. You can't do that on TV today. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FuzzySkinner posted:

Steven Crowder ‏@scrowder 10h10 hours ago
Watching old Seinfeld reruns, there's no way they could get away with 90% of this today. Tragic.

I refuse to accept this an answer when "Always Sunny in Philadelphia" is on the air, and Larry David's "Curb Your Enthuasism" is still very recent in people's memories.

Seriously those shows make Seinfeld look like an episode of Sesame Street.

Does he mean in real life? Because, yeah it is technically true that you couldn't "get away with" 90% of the stuff done on Seinfeld in real life on account of it would probably irreparably ruin friendships, cost you future employment prospects, and probably land your rear end in jail on certain misdemeanor charges, but--oh wait, that's not what Crowder's talking about, he's just being a prude.

Well.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

ZDar Fan posted:

Not really right-wing, but Julie Klausner's reaction to Nancy Reagan's passing amused me

Wait, what? Nancy was called this?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
A dark truth I will admit.

Once I was living with my parents, and my Mother received a monthly box of books from a book club.

This is how I ended up reading (God help me) The Unauthorized Biography of Nancy Reagan, by Kitty Kelly.

Did I really believe any of it? Yeah. I probably did and still do. Not a lot, just some. There were numerous accounts of Nancy getting work in Hollywood on the "casting couch." The main theme was, "She'll suck your dick if you'll give her a job." It came off as not only ubiquitous, but that she was also... skilled.

I allow that this could be (should be) disavowed but I do not know. Lots of Hollywood dudes said she gave great head (in that book).

That's how you read Kitty Kelly books, I guess.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Teamsters United for Trump. Thank you NPR for interviewing this group and allowing them to describe how the union boss at some event didn't ask the crowd how many trump supporters there were because totally too many people would raise their hands and that NOBODY likes Hillary. Also, the main concern is that non union workers are making such terrible wages. Trump is somehow going to fix that. Thank you so much NPR for just letting this idiot speak without asking him any hard questions.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
NPR/APM is programming for bourgeois, milquetoast assholes, hope this helps.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FuzzySkinner posted:

Ted Cruz is the epitome of "establishment". I get really fed up with this criticism by right wingers when the majority of the people these idiots cheerlead for? Have either done the exact same things to lead to the path of becoming an elected official or have done things much, much, much, more in the pocket of big business.

*shrug* The right wing see big business pocket residence as a credential for public office, somehow.

It's the most commonly stated accolade uttered when asking for a reason that they think Trump can be the POTUS.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Kill yourself

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bast Relief posted:

Teamsters United for Trump. Thank you NPR for interviewing this group and allowing them to describe how the union boss at some event didn't ask the crowd how many trump supporters there were because totally too many people would raise their hands and that NOBODY likes Hillary. Also, the main concern is that non union workers are making such terrible wages. Trump is somehow going to fix that. Thank you so much NPR for just letting this idiot speak without asking him any hard questions.

I'm really not sure what you think grilling some idiot rando would accomplish, but ok.

Edit:

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 7, 2016

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

RareAcumen posted:

I haven't even seen a full season of Seinfeld and I feel like the loving Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are edgier than it ever got.

Seinfeld: "What's the deal with airline food?!"

Crowder: "Whoooaaaaaa! Walk it back to planet Earth pal! I didn't come for the avant-garde stuff! *eats mayo on white bread*"

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Abner Assington posted:

NPR/APM is programming for bourgeois, milquetoast assholes, hope this helps.

Sadly, I just keep listening.

Who What Now posted:

I'm really not sure what you think grilling some idiot rando would accomplish, but ok.

It wasn't an idiot rando. An idiot, yes, but somebody at NPR decided to schedule an interview with this guy's group, which seems like a weird atypical group to me, yet there was no mention about what my union thinks of Trump, what my boyfriend's union thinks of Trump or what most unions think. It makes it seem like there's this silent majority of unions that want to shoot themselves in the foot.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Bast Relief posted:

It's important to remember that npr isn't just one thing, but their news wing is terrified of further pissing off Republicans and getting all their funding taken away. :smith: So they've been avoiding asking hard questions for a while. A lot of the other programming is good though, the other day I listened to a mockumentary on On The Media about the disastrous Donald Trump Presidency.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Alzheimer's strikes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
There's only one alley, so it doesn't matter how you identify, you can piss with the rest of them. A Good Macro.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

No one gives a gently caress who pisses in the alley, a good meme.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

We're the real bigots guys!!!

http://thefederalist.com/2016/03/07/backlash-over-caitlyn-jenners-cruz-support-proves-leftists-are-the-real-bigots/

...How does this even make sense?

We're apparently not allowed to criticize someone for supporting someone who would harm LGBT rights across the country?

quote:

Are we not free to disagree without being slandered and maligned? Where is the compassion, the tolerance, the kumbaya of liberalism?

"I think gay and trans people are icky! they're going to hell! therefore they deserve no rights. PERIOD"

"Well I'm sorry you feel that way...we'll stop making a big deal about this"

I can't stand this idiotic talking point.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

thats horrible but it doesnt make senses? to me at least. its probaly something awful.

nine-gear crow posted:

Does he mean in real life? Because, yeah it is technically true that you couldn't "get away with" 90% of the stuff done on Seinfeld in real life on account of it would probably irreparably ruin friendships, cost you future employment prospects, and probably land your rear end in jail on certain misdemeanor charges, but--oh wait, that's not what Crowder's talking about, he's just being a prude.

Well.

I think he means people would lose there poo poo and get offended by it online. but i doubt that since there are much more "vulgar" shows out there nowa days and no one gives a poo poo except for few peon prudes on both sides of the fence, crowder included.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://thefederalist.com/2016/03/07/backlash-over-caitlyn-jenners-cruz-support-proves-leftists-are-the-real-bigots/

We're apparently not allowed to criticize someone for supporting someone who would harm LGBT rights across the country?

"I think gay and trans people are icky! they're going to hell! therefore they deserve no rights. PERIOD"

I dont know any LBGT people in real life who like jenner or cruz. so i think that means stuff.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
I like how that's the most "tough guy" picture Crowder could find of Reagan. Oh poo poo a white Tshirt? Reagan is about to kick some rear end!

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Quorum posted:

It's important to remember that npr isn't just one thing, but their news wing is terrified of further pissing off Republicans and getting all their funding taken away. :smith: So they've been avoiding asking hard questions for a while. A lot of the other programming is good though, the other day I listened to a mockumentary on On The Media about the disastrous Donald Trump Presidency.

You think NPR is softballing Trump supporters because they don't want to piss off the GOP?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Unzip and Attack posted:

I like how that's the most "tough guy" picture Crowder could find of Reagan. Oh poo poo a white Tshirt? Reagan is about to kick some rear end!

It's also how Crowder dresses...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Unzip and Attack posted:

also thats a pics from reagan in the 90s i think. when his mind was pretty much gone.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
gonna be real, I didn't even realize that was reagan, I thought it was just some random old guy

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I have a super conservative buddy. We are co-workers who occasionally watch sports or hang out and do nerd poo poo together. We are in the same group of Friday work-lunch friends. Knowing this man for 8 years has slowly turned me from a southern conservative into a full-blown Bernie supporter. I will refer to him here as The Randian. He's a huge Ayn Rand supporter, because of course he is...

I showed him this link as an experiment to see what a full-blown, far-right conservative shitheel would think about it. :

quote:

Chilichimp:
Who is Louder with Crowder?

The Randian:
Ben Crowder, I think. He's been part of PJ media since the beginning, I think. He used to do a program (more like a video blog) called that. He rants from the right in a comedic fashion

Chilichimp:
You'll probably like this

The Randian:
This is good, we need more Reagan as badass in the culture.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Narciss posted:

You think NPR is softballing Trump supporters because they don't want to piss off the GOP?

It's more like they're soft balling everyone because they don't want to piss off anyone, which is what happens when you half rear end your public-funded media and make them hyper reliant on the goodwill of the very people they report on.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Quorum posted:

It's more like they're soft balling everyone because they don't want to piss off anyone, which is what happens when you half rear end your public-funded media and make them hyper reliant on the goodwill of the very people they report on.

that and the american center-left worships level headed rational discussion in a slow measured tone

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm perfectly willing to tolerate bigots. If they want to rant and rave about LGBT people, that's their right. If they do it to my face, I will vocally object, but I won't physically attack them or try to get their beliefs outlawed. If they want their beliefs to be made law, though, that's another story, and I won't "tolerate" that.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Popular Thug Drink posted:

that and the american center-left worships level headed rational discussion in a slow measured tone

That's a factor too. People mistake hard questions and willingness to tell subjects to gently caress off for being partisan and bad because it's very easy to use that style in the service of partisan fuckery, cf every other post in this thread.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I've been surprised by the fact that MSNBC seems to have spent WAY more time covering Nancy Reagan than Fox News since her death.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jurgan posted:

I'm perfectly willing to tolerate bigots. If they want to rant and rave about LGBT people, that's their right. If they do it to my face, I will vocally object, but I won't physically attack them or try to get their beliefs outlawed.

Vocally objecting is censorship!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jurgan posted:

I'm perfectly willing to tolerate bigots. If they want to rant and rave about LGBT people, that's their right. If they do it to my face, I will vocally object, but I won't physically attack them or try to get their beliefs outlawed. If they want their beliefs to be made law, though, that's another story, and I won't "tolerate" that.

These are people who believe that you're an anti-Christian bigot for trying to keep them from getting their bigotry enshrined in law.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats horrible but it doesnt make senses? to me at least. its probaly something awful.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what it's getting at either. I suppose it's either supposed to be "transgender people are all dudes and should piss in the alley like all other dudes.", or "transgender people are disgusting and should do their business outside away from us regular folks."

But yeah, whatever it's supposed to be, it's probably terrible.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

RadicalR posted:

Wait, what? Nancy was called this?

It's why the Reagans are hilarious to mock and hate on. They ruined the country, killed hundreds of thousands, and they were loving flawed nutsos.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I'm really wishing for this Trump situation to be a ploy to get all the moronic voters identified and then barred from any financial and political decision or vote for the rest of time until they can write a 5 Sentence Paragraph on why they are wrong.

Watching the Trump supporter's logic and thought process really reminds me of the shitlords you'd have to deal with back in highschool. The people who no one liked but they would bully and cause poo poo to get noticed, even if it was negative attention.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nice Polite Republicans

Like for real I enjoy NPR overall but their election stuff is just like Ben Carson reading the cue cards given to CNN anchors

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Jurgan posted:

They always back track and go

"Well I believe that it's the state's right to decide"

The problem being that pretty much is just a long form answer for "no". Like you may as well say "No I don't support civil liberties for minorities/LGBT/women because I believe that states like Alabama or Mississippi have every right to treat a portion of their own population like garbage"

I think the most "WTF" answer was the one defending the right to bar transgender women from using a women's restroom. "THE LEFT IS FIGHTING THE REAL WAR ON WOMEN! WHAT IF...UH...A GUY SAYS HE'S A WOMAN...AND GOES IN THERE TO RAPE SOMEONE"

It's seriously one of the weakest excuses I've ever heard to excuse one's bigotry. Not to mention the right's public policy on women has been pretty inexcusable in itself. Yet that's never brought up.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

These are people who believe that you're an anti-Christian bigot for trying to keep them from getting their bigotry enshrined in law.

Yep, that's the entire current argument behind Dominionism, which Ted Cruz is part of. The world is rightly ruled by (our type of) Christians, so anyone who opposes is is anti-Christian.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

They always back track and go

"Well I believe that it's the state's right to decide"

The problem being that pretty much is just a long form answer for "no". Like you may as well say "No I don't support civil liberties for minorities/LGBT/women because I believe that states like Alabama or Mississippi have every right to treat a portion of their own population like garbage"

I think the most "WTF" answer was the one defending the right to bar transgender women from using a women's restroom. "THE LEFT IS FIGHTING THE REAL WAR ON WOMEN! WHAT IF...UH...A GUY SAYS HE'S A WOMAN...AND GOES IN THERE TO RAPE SOMEONE"

It's seriously one of the weakest excuses I've ever heard to excuse one's bigotry. Not to mention the right's public policy on women has been pretty inexcusable in itself. Yet that's never brought up.

I think it was Crowder who argued "where are the rape culture activists? They're letting tally-whackers into the bathrooms!" Yes, that's a quote. Also, "women" signs keep rapists out of bathrooms, but "gun-free zone" signs are pointless because criminals don't follow laws.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, I'm not really sure what it's getting at either. I suppose it's either supposed to be "transgender people are all dudes and should piss in the alley like all other dudes.", or "transgender people are disgusting and should do their business outside away from us regular folks."

But yeah, whatever it's supposed to be, it's probably terrible.

It's a loving Crowder joke so it never makes any loving sense other than a lame smear of a minority group made into a transparent :airquote:joke:airquote:. Crowder jokes could be translated as "If minority BLEEP BLEEP BOOP BLEEP then why POOP PEE PISS" and nothing would be lost. :beck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Nice Polite Republicans

Like for real I enjoy NPR overall but their election stuff is just like Ben Carson reading the cue cards given to CNN anchors

NPR sucks during presidential election season. They're good during the rest of the time, since nobody votes in the other ones, and they don't mention them much unless it's like a 2010 situation.