Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Ugh. The game unlocks at 10PM for me tonight and I'm having an internal debate on whether I should stay up til 2AM playing, or just go to bed early and play before work tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Akion posted:

Ugh. The game unlocks at 10PM for me tonight and I'm having an internal debate on whether I should stay up til 2AM playing, or just go to bed early and play before work tomorrow.

What a dumb question, just stay up, call in sick and demand PTO for your sudden case of overnight leprosy.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Meowbot posted:

as soon as I stepped into dark zone it was 6 chinese standing side by side screamimg at us that we cant pass and then gunning anyone who tried to go into the NPC areas

That sounds awesome, thanks for inspiring me to do this to pubbies

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Akion posted:

Go to sleep after work tonight, wake up at 10 play til work, go to work, play after work and go to sleep.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Akion posted:

You feel sickly, and clearly not competent for work.

Like a responsible adult.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dexo posted:

Go to sleep after work tonight, wake up at 10 play til work, go to work, play after work and go to sleep.

I'm not a morning person, so my plan is stay up playing until 2 am, crash, wake up 5 minutes before work, work, then get home and play until I crash again.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

You feel sickly, and clearly not competent for work.

Like a responsible adult.

I work from home, so...

Realistically if I get all my poo poo done today, I'll probably only need to work 4 hours tomorrow and I get paid the same.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Teddybear posted:

No Hispanic options is a little lovely, to be fair.

Giant Bomb's Austin Walker has a physical copy and is streaming the opening of the game, since servers are up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_whn8wHG9v8
(earlygame spoilers i guess) "THE RIOTERS HAVE CAPTURED A POLICE STATION WORD IS THEY'RE TRADING HOSTAGES FOR DRUGS"

yyyyyyep this is a tom clancy game

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Haha, I hit the jackpot.

I actually am sick with the flu so I'm home from work for a couple of days anyways!

kill me everything hurts

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Tempus Thales posted:

That would entail people who already entered the info in the form, to re-enter it again and make a clusterfuck... IMO people should go to their voip of choice as both are listed in the OP. It has never been a problem in games before, dunno why it's such a big deal right now.

Please shut the gently caress up about voip already, nerd

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Deakul posted:

Haha, I hit the jackpot.

I actually am sick with the flu so I'm home from work for a couple of days anyways!

kill me everything hurts

Wow, the ARG for this is insane.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
gently caress.. I just installed new Nvidia drivers yesterday.

Did these crashing drivers literally come out today?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Blister posted:

But it was in response to someone bringing up VoIP... :raise:

Deakul posted:

Haha, I hit the jackpot.

kill me everything hurts

Tell us more about how awesome black friday was.

*raises rifle*

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I kinda I feel too old to pull a sickie for a game. Plus since I am a freelancer it would entail a direct loss of money if I don't work tomorrow. But since I plan to play this game as my MP staple for a while, there is no need to rush it.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

So wait, for PC, what are my preorder options for this? I am the person who does care about having a special edition neckerchief available on install...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

black.lion posted:

So wait, for PC, what are my preorder options for this? I am the person who does care about having a special edition neckerchief available on install...

Go to steam and buy it?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm just going to assume that if my drivers didn't immediately blue-screen, then I'm probably fine. If not, a patched driver is probably coming.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I'm still torn on whether I want to get this for PS4 or PC.

Did they ever end up clarifying if PC stuff wasn't going to be client side for drops and such? I just remember hearing something vague about the PC version letting people gently caress around with client side files so they could more a less cheat.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Blister posted:

He's an admin on that other one trying to get people to his. Hahahaha

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Handsome Ralph posted:

Did they ever end up clarifying if PC stuff wasn't going to be client side for drops and such? I just remember hearing something vague about the PC version letting people gently caress around with client side files so they could more a less cheat.

Most stuff is client-side, but it uses fairfight so if you cheat yourself a gun with 1,000,000 DPS you will still get banned.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Teddybear posted:

I'm just going to assume that if my drivers didn't immediately blue-screen, then I'm probably fine. If not, a patched driver is probably coming.

thats what I'm assuming. I am also on a GTX 970 and it installed fine for me.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

LCL-Dead posted:

gently caress.. I just installed new Nvidia drivers yesterday.

Did these crashing drivers literally come out today?

Dude, i warned you! Did you get them uninstalled?

TheBigGinger
Dec 6, 2012

Dead Like Rev posted:

Why bother swapping from CTS? We did the beta there and there were dozens of us. Didn't have an issue.

BUT CHANGE!

CHANGE!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

black.lion posted:

If you don't mind a uplay code: https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-clancy-s-the-division-gold-edition-uplay-key--2631-2
Gold edition for 53 GBP (75€)

I already have my key and preloaded fine. Gamesplanet is an official reseller.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Early beta had lots of cheating but the anti-cheat wasn't yet active. Supposedly they have plans for handling it using some system ubisoft has used before, should be pretty solid. Hard to say how it'll shake out before its released, but the game looks drat good on PC so I'm going PC.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Has anyone tried to run this on Vista? The minimum requirements say Windows 7 but those have been wrong before, so I'm curious.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

Early beta had lots of cheating but the anti-cheat wasn't yet active. Supposedly they have plans for handling it using some system ubisoft has used before, should be pretty solid. Hard to say how it'll shake out before its released, but the game looks drat good on PC so I'm going PC.
They're using Fairfight, which is a system that basically checks client side data (damage taken, equipment stats etc) against what is theoretically possible.

It seems to work most of the time.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Mr. Peepers posted:

Has anyone tried to run this on Vista? The minimum requirements say Windows 7 but those have been wrong before, so I'm curious.

Vista is a thing still?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

They're using Fairfight, which is a system that basically checks client side data (damage taken, equipment stats etc) against what is theoretically possible.

It works amazingly well in battlefield 4

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Dead Like Rev posted:

:ironicat: from someone who has bragged multiple times about being an admin at CTS in our discord (that isn't the big goon one) and offering to set us up channels and poo poo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Yeah, let it be somewhat client side but then do constant sanity checking on the server side. Its a pretty good way to go.

The alternative is to be like Diablo 3 and just do everything server-side and have a super thin client, but honestly I'm not a fan of that approach.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Begun the VOIP Wars has.

Pick a side.

Whoever wins, we lose.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Only chat I need is Prox chat.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Dexo posted:

Only chat I need is Prox chat.
same

gonna put synthwave on full blast as I massacre hapless scavenger clans because they have a red or yellow health bar

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Ningyou posted:

(earlygame spoilers i guess) "THE RIOTERS HAVE CAPTURED A POLICE STATION WORD IS THEY'RE TRADING HOSTAGES FOR DRUGS"

yyyyyyep this is a tom clancy game

It really does feel like the Clancy name is on this because they decided that they really, really wanted the framework to be a uh, questionable "justified violence" paranoid far-right dad fantasy. Thankfully pretty much nobody has ever given an actual poo poo or been influenced by a Clancy game story unless Michael Ironside's dulcet tones were present so who cares (besides reddit creeps that think a mindless AAA numbers-driven shootmans' tacked-on story is validation of their dumb garbage).

poo poo, I'm almost hoping for something as dumb as ENVIRONMENTALIST ECOTERRORISTS to show up and be the unironic unambiguous biggest bads of the big bads, just to drive home that this is a Clancy-rear end Clancy game.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
John Brightling did nothing wrong

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Moartoast posted:

It really does feel like the Clancy name is on this because they decided that they really, really wanted the framework to be a uh, questionable "justified violence" paranoid far-right dad fantasy. Thankfully pretty much nobody has ever given an actual poo poo or been influenced by a Clancy game story unless Michael Ironside's dulcet tones were present so who cares (besides reddit creeps that think a mindless AAA numbers-driven shootmans' tacked-on story is validation of their dumb garbage).

poo poo, I'm almost hoping for something as dumb as ENVIRONMENTALIST ECOTERRORISTS to show up and be the unironic unambiguous biggest bads of the big bads, just to drive home that this is a Clancy-rear end Clancy game.

This story so far is probably the most deserving of the Clancy name, this game has the most clancy rear end clancy plot in any game not directly based on a book plot. The American government has secret sleeper cells inside it's own country that is taking up arms and forming a militia to protect america, when everything falls apart.

This is the second amendment in game form

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

:ironicat: from someone who has bragged multiple times about being an admin at CTS in our discord (that isn't the big goon one) and offering to set us up channels and poo poo.

UHhh, i've got channel perms in the R6 channel? Nowhere else. You've got something confused.

Also, over it. I'll be on mumble. If i can get my drat headset in time.

Edit watching the Giant Bomb stream of the opening part of the game.. This whole first wave poo poo is going to drive me nuts, what the gently caress happened to the first wave!?!

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 7, 2016

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dead Like Rev posted:

Dude, i warned you! Did you get them uninstalled?

I wasn't browsing SA yesterday and did the driver update around noon-ish. I've got a new "Driver ready to be installed!" message from GeForce now so I'm going to assume I'm safe, especially since the drivers I installed yesterday didn't have any mention of The Division in the driver info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

LCL-Dead posted:

I wasn't browsing SA yesterday and did the driver update around noon-ish. I've got a new "Driver ready to be installed!" message from GeForce now so I'm going to assume I'm safe, especially since the drivers I installed yesterday didn't have any mention of The Division in the driver info.

yeah this driver is dated today.

• Locked thread