Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Lunethex posted:

The very best thing about it all is the Wizard can explode by overcharging too much and it doesn't kill her outright like it normally would. It just deals a huge amount of damage to the party health.

Oh my god I need this trinket now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
At first the dwarf was my least favorite character, but I think his dialogue is my favorite. And the classes are starting to feel more varied now that I have more weapon types available.

Switching to hard mode indeed made things easier paradoxically because I'm getting matched with better players, succeeded on several hard missions and got some levels. Still running into players who blindly sprint ahead while somebody is being dragged or pounced on though.

Lunethex posted:

I had a chance meeting today with a group of super awesome people who were all wearing the Star of Sisterhood, the trinket that combines life pools between all players.

And it was the most hysterical poo poo I've ever seen out of the game. Everytime you take damage it hits the other players, but if you take falling damage or vent heat and take damage, the other characters complain like you shot them with FF.

Elf takes fall damage

"THAT'S A KEEN EYE YOU'VE GOT THERE WUTELGI!"
"YOUR AIM DISAPPOINTS WAYWATCHER"

Wizard vents

"I DONT ENJOY BEING BROILED ZHARRIN!"
"STOP THAT ZHARRIN!"

Stop that.

I'm dying. Seriously if you have that trinket, find other people who do it's so loving funny. It's also impossible to lose.

Also standing in a gas cloud triggers it too. Saltzpyre gets hit with gas

"NOT YET SALTZPYRE! IDIOT!"
"DOESN'T SIGMAR SAY DONT SHOOT THE DWARF?"

This is hilarious

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
yo who wanna blat rat

http://steamcommunity.com/id/robotrandy

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Lunethex posted:

Only have to look at the Steam forum to see the three assholes responsible for the latest in this too, because the devs only listen to them for some reason. Every nerf and bad change has been their suggestion.

And yet, I tried to be a good eagle scout and report a clipping error on Ramparts that has yet to be fixed. :sigh:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The Schluesselschloss DLC comes out today, in a few hours. Kinda disappointed it's only a last stand map but $3 isn't much.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/437070

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So has all this talk been about a beta patch before now?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Yes.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The patch is live now so you can play last stand on town meeting, still a few hours before Schuelsuelosloschloss.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tagichatn posted:

The Schluesselschloss DLC comes out today, in a few hours. Kinda disappointed it's only a last stand map but $3 isn't much.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/437070

Well, that's disappointing. No reason to buy it, then.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I'll buy it so you don't have to!

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
It's honestly a very fair price but at the same time you're paying $3 for a horde mode all the while we're waiting for some real rear end content and they're making a horde mode and console ports.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Apparently the patch also removed the ability to block while reviving and everyone on Reddit cried until they fixed it. But now if your block is broken or you're knocked back, at least you stop reviving. To be frank, I always thought block-reviving was a stupid crutch anyway.

Also, Horde mode seems like a fun way to chill out for a while and I'd be way into it (especially the rewards because I need more tokens right now), but Stardew Valley is out now so it might have to wait a bit.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yeah, it's nothing against the pricing, etc, I was just excited for an actual new mission set in an old castle and instead it's a horde mode map.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Avenging Dentist posted:

Apparently the patch also removed the ability to block while reviving and everyone on Reddit cried until they fixed it. But now if your block is broken or you're knocked back, at least you stop reviving. To be frank, I always thought block-reviving was a stupid crutch anyway.

Also, Horde mode seems like a fun way to chill out for a while and I'd be way into it (especially the rewards because I need more tokens right now), but Stardew Valley is out now so it might have to wait a bit.

Block-reving is a stupid crutch but its really handy :shobon:

Being interrupted on the revive if your block is broken is how it should work IMO.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Man I actually liked the bolt staff's fire spears. They were great on long hallways.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I had no idea you could block while reviving. Huh. How about that.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Block-reving is a stupid crutch but its really handy :shobon:

Well, obviously. I've used it sometimes too, but I always felt like it was cheating (because it was). Hopefully they just made it automatically-block since there's no reason to expect people to know that you need to hit The Secret Button before reviving. (Or at least add some visual indicator that blocking helps.)

Grondoth posted:

Man I actually liked the bolt staff's fire spears. They were great on long hallways.

The Bolt staff is stronger now so you might get to use it more! It heat-seeks like the Trueflight bow (and the target lock is faster now), and the primary fire both does more damage and has better accuracy.

e: Since it hasn't been posted yet, here are the patch notes: http://updates.vermintide.com/release/last-stand/

As a beam wizard (I play other classes maybe 2% of the time), I'm obviously sad that my hilariously-overpowered staff won't let me solo everything anymore, but the patch notes sound good on paper. I'll have to see how it works in practice, though. Luckily, my favorite staff in terms of fun-having (bolt) got a pretty significant buff, so I might switch to that as my primary.

Avenging Dentist fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 7, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I play this game exclusively with a single group of friends, so $3 for something we can mapshare sounds more than reasonable. Gonna try the free map first of course to decide if we like the mode.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

How exactly do the payouts work for last stand?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Movement speed bug still not loving fixed

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Lunethex posted:

Movement speed bug still not loving fixed

I assume you've verified your Steam install and such, right? The rats might have gotten into your computer.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mendrian posted:

How exactly do the payouts work for last stand?

Every 3 waves or so, a badge spawns somewhere in the level. If you pick it up, the team gets ~7 ore. On veteran, it's green ore while champion is blue and heroic is orange. Getting to wave 13 upgrades you to the next difficulty. Heroic eventually starts giving badges that give more ore but I haven't gotten that far since they increased the difficulty.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wait, you only get ore from LS?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Wait I'm a little confused. Is The Fall just a last stand map and by default there is another last stand map included in the base update to the game for free?

Ok cool. My confusion lies on assuming that the horde mode was DLC only.
VVVVVVV

averox fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 7, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

averox posted:

Wait I'm a little confused. Is The Fall just a last stand map and by default there is another last stand map included in the base update to the game for free?

Yes.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Mordja posted:

Wait, you only get ore from LS?

Yes, but from what I've heard (haven't played), it's a fair amount.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

How does the health and damage of rats on veteran/champion/heroic compare to the difficulties on ordinary maps? Is it just different names for hard/nightmare/cataclysm?

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Digirat posted:

How does the health and damage of rats on veteran/champion/heroic compare to the difficulties on ordinary maps? Is it just different names for hard/nightmare/cataclysm?

As far as I can tell, it's basically the same as h/nm/cata. After doing a couple of rounds on the new map, it seems that staying on the bridge is by far the easiest strategy. Ocasionally you'll have swarms from behind, but a shieldbearer can push most of the rats right into the river pretty easily. Be sure to conserve healing and ammo though.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Shleusselschloss shluards shle shluss shluce.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I was hoping they'd fit sluice in there to be honest, but it's still great.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
I purchased this the other night and was having a super fun time and no issues. After installing the latest update this morning my computer over-heats and my frame rate drops as soon as I leave the Inn to the point where it becomes unplayable. Is there a way to modify the .cfg like with Source games so I can get rid of or lower the quality of shadows/particle effects/fog/etc.?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

caleb posted:

I purchased this the other night and was having a super fun time and no issues. After installing the latest update this morning my computer over-heats and my frame rate drops as soon as I leave the Inn to the point where it becomes unplayable. Is there a way to modify the .cfg like with Source games so I can get rid of or lower the quality of shadows/particle effects/fog/etc.?

Have you tried fiddling with the graphical settings in the launcher?

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
I really hate that they reset your completed tiers from the Town Meeting map in the beta. By now it feels like everyone post lvl 20 are playing champion and heroic, and I'm stuck on veteran with pubbies who waste all their ammo on slave rats, run around in the middle of the square taking damage, and so on. In the games where I get paired with at least one other competent player, I've had the host leave/crash after we've gone past wave 14, which means no progress and no reward. The other new map is cool though, still trying to get through it on heroic.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

How do you "get through" a map that literally has no end? :confused:

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Syrnn posted:

How do you "get through" a map that literally has no end? :confused:

I believe its # of waves you survive that determine how 'far' you get.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Yeah, I meant getting gold on it, for the achievement. Which means 14 waves iirc.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

ElectricWizard posted:

Yeah, I meant getting gold on it, for the achievement. Which means 14 waves iirc.

Ah, this pretty well clears it up then.

I have both maps to Heroic, and The Fall is easy enough should people hang on the bridge and snipe Gas Rats well enough. I'm not sure I've found a good holding out spot for Town Meeting yet. So far, there's one area by a tunnel which occasionally spawns a wave behind some market stands that seems all right, but things definitely go to hell a little easier on that map. Any suggestions?

Also, new Conflag staff rules, new Bolt staff generates too much god drat heat and still takes too much effort to shoot at the rat in your sights, and Beam isn't that bad. Hooray Conflag! :toot:

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Syrnn posted:

Ah, this pretty well clears it up then.

I have both maps to Heroic, and The Fall is easy enough should people hang on the bridge and snipe Gas Rats well enough. I'm not sure I've found a good holding out spot for Town Meeting yet. So far, there's one area by a tunnel which occasionally spawns a wave behind some market stands that seems all right, but things definitely go to hell a little easier on that map. Any suggestions?

there's a nice spot beneath a scaffolding that seems to work alright. I'll show you the next time we play! Played with a Russian that must have been cheating earlier, as he had a firewall staff that instantly killed anything including stormvermin. So watch out for exploits I guess.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
The new content is a lot of fun but it really highlights how bad I feel for the slave rats; everytime I see a wave of pinkies pile out of the sewer grates my first reaction is "Oh boy, free heals" as I decapitate five of them in a single swing.

It's like someone wrangled a bunch of larp dorks, gave them lovely spears, and then hurled them into a gladiatorial arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Darkonschloss? Day 1 DLC purchase from me if they did that.

• Locked thread