Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I have to be the voice of dissent here and say that extra game modes (they also talked about bringing in an Objective Map) and mutators are things I am looking forward to more than extra perks.

Also a frigging Ray Gun as the Sharpshooter's T4 weapon.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

alg posted:

So they are adding versus mode in

http://www.destructoid.com/a-versus...medium=facebook

I feel like TWI forgot why people liked KF1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvBnP9t0gTg

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ZearothK posted:

I have to be the voice of dissent here and say that extra game modes (they also talked about bringing in an Objective Map) and mutators are things I am looking forward to more than extra perks.

I think it's not a binary between perks vs modes/mutators so much as it is "fix your poo poo, Tripwire" before either of those

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

what's the current level boost map of choice because I should probably :effort: my way to gunslinger 25 before sharp comes out

It's called Super Deluxe Perk Trainer. Do it on HoE, but it's still a grind. Best bet is to just use grenades on trash then DEs on Scrakes and FPs and it will go quicker.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
This isn't news though, they mentioned it a couple weeks back when saying things like everyone versus one super monster. They cited a v. stalker round being inspired by The Hidden which sounds awesome as The Hidden was awesome.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well at least its humans vs zeds and not just the humans shooting each other for no reason.

Also yea what Psion said, I'm fine with more modes but fix what is there first.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Versus and objective-based play are both important additions to improve the game's longevity and variety.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Versus and objective-based play are both important additions to improve the game's longevity and variety.

I don't disagree. But I assert it would be much more logical to, you know, finish the game's foundations and address balancing issues before adding new stuff on top of everything else.

Whatever happened to that demo rebalance, again?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Alteisen posted:

Well at least its humans vs zeds and not just the humans shooting each other for no reason.

Also yea what Psion said, I'm fine with more modes but fix what is there first.

I quite enjoyed what little I played of Contagion's versus mode, which is humans versus humans but with AI zombies around as well. It was a last man standing mode, except if you died you came back as a zombie and all the zombies could gang up on the remaining humans.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Psion posted:

I think it's not a binary between perks vs modes/mutators so much as it is "fix your poo poo, Tripwire" before either of those
Yeah like, I liked objective mode from KF1 and want to see it return but people have been clamouring for a demo rebalance since it hit and it's been months and the only thing that has happened is... demo nerfs.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
VS mode could be interesting. In one of the crazy mod servers they have a respawn timer when you die, and while you're waiting you can possess a zed and control it while you wait to be able to respawn. You rarely got very far unless you could grab a Scrake or FP since every other zed is paper thin by comparison, but some of the bigger guys felt analogous to the special zombies in L4D. Every once in a while you could pull off a clutch Husk snipe or get the drop on somebody with a Crawler ambush.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the main worry is that the game as it stands still needs balancing and now they're introducing a game mode that's going to require its set of checks and balances as well.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Well, they ARE adding Sharpshooter AND two new maps. After that, it'll be what, only 5 more months until the next perk?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

You do know that there is more than one person working on the game right? Just because they're releasing new content doesn't mean that they're not trying to fix the broken stuff that is already there. I agree that the lack of communication about what will and won't be changed and fixed is pretty bad but seriously, guys.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

watho posted:

You do know that there is more than one person working on the game right? Just because they're releasing new content doesn't mean that they're not trying to fix the broken stuff that is already there. I agree that the lack of communication about what will and won't be changed and fixed is pretty bad but seriously, guys.

Yeah guys, even Depression Quest needed more than one person.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Objective-based play is basically the one thing that will make the map sizes make sense, so in that sense it is a fix.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Maybe they'll bundle the last two perks in one big content update! :smith:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

UnknownMercenary posted:

I quite enjoyed what little I played of Contagion's versus mode, which is humans versus humans but with AI zombies around as well. It was a last man standing mode, except if you died you came back as a zombie and all the zombies could gang up on the remaining humans.

That game as a whole would be super fun if more than 10 people played it

Worldwide

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I really came to enjoy objective mode in KF1 so this is good news. Can't wait to have the LAR back too.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

The LAR better spawn randomly on the map and weigh very little and shoot fast and be hella strong at head shots and oh God it was my favorite KF1 low tier gun don't gently caress it up

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Oh, there is actually a video from PC Gamer about the new features.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ZearothK posted:

Oh, there is actually a video from PC Gamer about the new features.

Seven minutes of no loving gameplay, cool.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

ZearothK posted:

Also a frigging Ray Gun as the Sharpshooter's T4 weapon.

Railgun, not ray gun. Way cooler

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Skoll posted:

It's called Super Deluxe Perk Trainer. Do it on HoE, but it's still a grind. Best bet is to just use grenades on trash then DEs on Scrakes and FPs and it will go quicker.

By the way, an HOE 10 wave solo = less than one level's worth of xp (at 15)

the rapid reload animations for the 500s are sweet as hell though, so, there's that. good work, whoever animated those.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

By the way, an HOE 10 wave solo = less than one level's worth of xp (at 15)

the rapid reload animations for the 500s are sweet as hell though, so, there's that. good work, whoever animated those.

Yeah, I know. I used this to level Demo because gently caress actually grinding that.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Demo is actually really easy to level, especially if you are playing Support but with demo weapons. I think the only thing easier to level would be Firebug.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

A couple of notes:

-I'm suspicious that the dev team might be relying too much on analytics. Analyze what good players are doing, not what every player is doing.

-Perk bonuses should be point-based pick-and-choose, with point budget based on level, not either-or choices at five tiers. This makes it easier to balance perks and opens up the possibility of "builds" and the ability to add in more abilities later (as $$DLC$$!).

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Demo is actually really easy to level, especially if you are playing Support but with demo weapons. I think the only thing easier to level would be Firebug.

:frogout:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

"this class is really easy to level when you either use a different class or play with off-perk weapons" --sign of excellent design.txt

MadBimber posted:

also if the railgun is even half as cool as the microwave gun I'll consider it mission accomplished. I mean fair's fair, I should point out the good while excoriating the bad. Yes, this is just an excuse to write excoriate.

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 10, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Demo is also much easier to play if you spend 90% of your time using off perk weapons, mostly gunslinger stuff.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alteisen posted:

Demo is also much easier to play if you spend 90% of your time using off perk weapons, mostly gunslinger stuff.

Considering what the Demo's weapons are and what they are useful for, I have a feeling this is what they intended you to do, because Demo doesn't have a single standard weapon, they're all specialty poo poo. The developers probably should have given it one, because there's basically no way to play as a Demo with only Demo weapons.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Demo is actually my favorite class, and I genuinely do the best as a demo.

That being said, I DO just run around with a deagle the entire time and land rocket launcher headshots on Scrakes and stunlock Fleshpounds, which doesn't allow a lot of flexibility or error in my playstyle.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

CJacobs posted:

Considering what the Demo's weapons are and what they are useful for, I have a feeling this is what they intended you to do, because Demo doesn't have a single standard weapon, they're all specialty poo poo. The developers probably should have given it one, because there's basically no way to play as a Demo with only Demo weapons.

They really should have given us the Seeker-6 instead of the grenade pistol, would have made for a much better starting weapon

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Psion posted:

"this class is really easy to level when you either use a different class or play with off-perk weapons" --sign of excellent design.txt

Didn't say it was a good class. Although there are some situations (mostly open area custom maps) where the demo is amazing. The Tripwire maps are generally very bad at giving the Demo the situations in which it's actually good, and even then, yeah, spoofing it as a Support is better.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
More Killing Floor 2 patches. This time I've got Ana, Skully, and Donovan.

"Demolitions: Using a rocket launcher on a single zed is always worth it if you really like explosions."

"Gunslinger: Headshots give a 50% bonus to bullet damage, and 100% bonus to how cool you look."

"Commando: For those who like having even more bullets to miss with."

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Theta Zero posted:

"Commando: For those who like having even more bullets to miss with."

Aww, you made me a card. Thanks :buddy:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Is that last Zed supposed to be a Slasher, made out of razorblades?

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

MadBimber posted:

it better look like the one from eraser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCeCVZqcpnE

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

pnutz posted:

it better look like the one from eraser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCeCVZqcpnE

Instead, it should look like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqvCqk5WDrQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

You know, Be the Zed is live, as is the rest of the mod workshop. Anyone given it a try?

Hah! There are even grinding maps out there in the workshop now. Ease of use and all that.