Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I just started on the Perandus league after taking long break from the game. Can I get an invite to the guild? Name is Rugiooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

quote:

I dislike it as the whole "lets shower the players with old league only uniques" really takes a piss from a great height on people like my self that made a huge effort to collect them in the first place.

That aside though I agree, a few weeks from now I don't see the league having even close to the same retention rate as Talisman for example.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Lol if he thinks this game will get diablo 3 syndrome just because we can get items a bit easier. You still have a million builds you can play. And lab enchants to get.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

PoE grognards are the best. Yes clearly the league with the unprecedented player numbers that provides rewards that everyone can enjoy and incorporates a meta-changing new element to the game and massively expands build options while streamlining the trading process so people don't ragequit trying to buy a belt they want, is going to tank HARD.

I bet the person making that comment relied on a bunch of RMT'ing to get where he was and now it's all been pissed against the wall. Lolllllllllllllllllllllllll

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Bugsy posted:

http://poetools.com/subclass/

I kind of figured there would be more gladiators in PHC, and :lol: at templars in the PHC top 100.

I wasn't expecting shadow to be so popular. I tried to play one and died at like level 35 to some random trash because I'm a moron

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

It's mostly from Trappers being big right now and Assassin being hilariously busted.

edit: I really hope there's a bunch of people who paid real money for Headhunters and Skyforths and poo poo making GBS threads themselves with rage right now. I almost want to go look for some POE RMT board and watch the bitching.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 7, 2016

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Safari Disco Lion posted:

It's mostly from Trappers being big right now and Assassin being hilariously busted.

So busted that you can still achieve 95% crit chance on ice spear EVEN WHILE WEARING A MARYLENE'S FALLACY :getin:

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

nightwisher posted:

So busted that you can still achieve 95% crit chance on ice spear EVEN WHILE WEARING A MARYLENE'S FALLACY :getin:

That sounds sweet. I've got my eye on an Ice Spear build for my next dude but I'm not totally sure which way to go. Mathil did that video on the Inquisitor which sounded pretty cool, but it looks like everyone is all over Assassin so I'm not sure.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Magus42 posted:

Could you post your tree? That sounds interesting.

Using the official skill tree, I've been working towards a build like this.

I've got nowhere near enough points to comfortably go crit, so I've been trying to scale the damage with the duration nodes I already have by using poison. The primary link is Blade Vortex + Poison + Spell Echo + Controlled Destruction. Additional links could be used for Faster Casting, Increased Duration, Life Leech, Increased Area of Effect or Concentrated Effect, depending on what you're looking for.

For gear, other than Cybil's Paw (and a Rathpith Globe I can't yet afford), stacking energy shield gear with life and resists covers everything. Physical damage is mitigated through Enduring Cry, a Chaos Golem and Arctic Armor. The only things the build finds really dangerous are occasional huge hits that you don't manage to block, which you can only really manage by building a really huge combined pool of life and energy shield while cursing everything with Enfeeble.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
Posting for an Invite to the guild please, character is SnarlyTeefs.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It's not just Assassin. The class everyone was saying was by far the shittiest Ascendancy, Saboteur, is actually much more popular, and is among the top few classes of all the charts. I mean I'm sure most of it is that Pohx is one of the most high profile streamers and basically stood his ground on Saboteur being what he thought was the most powerful Ascendancy all through the alpha, and making lots of videos showing how busted it was.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
I got a consuming dark dagger last night from Cadiro for pretty cheap. It's 50% damage conversion. The infernal mantles I see on poe.trade are all 25% conversion. Can you still get 100% fire to damage conversion from another unique or is it now capped at 75% now?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

climboutonalimb posted:

I got a consuming dark dagger last night from Cadiro for pretty cheap. It's 50% damage conversion. The infernal mantles I see on poe.trade are all 25% conversion. Can you still get 100% fire to damage conversion from another unique or is it now capped at 75% now?

You get 2 of the daggers

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

climboutonalimb posted:

You have to use 2 Consuming Darks.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

It's not just Assassin. The class everyone was saying was by far the shittiest Ascendancy, Saboteur, is actually much more popular, and is among the top few classes of all the charts. I mean I'm sure most of it is that Pohx is one of the most high profile streamers and basically stood his ground on Saboteur being what he thought was the most powerful Ascendancy all through the alpha, and making lots of videos showing how busted it was.

The trap build right?

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Add me as scratchula someone. :tipshat:

Is this any good?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1594657/

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 8, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

The trap build right?

Yeah Ice Trap/Frost Bomb Trap.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Apparently I pissed someone off by disagreeing with Mors.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/49bf5k/thoughts_on_perandus_league_by_mors_what_are_your/?sort=confidence&limit=500

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

This guy is the ARPG grog of all ARPG grogs

quote:

Lol no, it definitely is. New players bitched and wanted free loot because they felt entitled to it because they "paid" for a subscription to the game. Blizzard met their demands and completely ruined their biggest franchise game.

They changed the game entirely around the new growing player base, making everything easier, more simplified.

I mean youre free to think what you what but the reason i stated is why. I didnt leave because i was bored, neither did my 100+ friends on my battlenet. They left because the game took turns for the worst to conform to a separate group of players, which didnt make up the majority of their player base, hints the hemorrhaging and why Blizzard will no longer ever comment on World of Warcrafts subscription situation.

If World of Warcraft still had its complexity and they kept it more towards it Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King roots, i would absolutely still be playing it.

Lol the "Special Snowflake" term comes back from World of Warcraft users. Look at how all the "casuals" using that term ruined World of Warcraft. Lost 7 million subscribers down from 14 million in a few months and theyve been bleeding subscriptions ever since, in addition to releasing some of the worst expansions in history.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm liking the game a lot more then the early days where 90% of your passives had to be set to as much life % as possible and finding a 4 link was something to be cherished because you could finally use that rare build defining gem that you paid some random guy 18 chaos for.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh noes people will have nice things that's what was wrong with diablo 3 and also the free loots in WoW ruined that gaem too!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

megalodong posted:

This guy is the ARPG grog of all ARPG grogs

"didnt make up the majority of their player base" What loving drugs is this guy on?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

"i'm not actually any good at critically examining the games I play or their design elements and choices but boy howdy am I going to loudly share my flawed observations and mistaken ideas with you"

does anyone else just skip the rest of the post/video when someone complains about "the clear speed meta" or "enemies just blowing"?

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 8, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Pretty much all the builds I play fall into the low-to-mid budget category (the only exception was voltaxic last league, mainly because i successfully pre-empted the rise in voltaxic price when it got popularised by Mathil). My 6-link? It was bought corrupted from a strongbox for 20 chaos. Easier gearing? That's good for me, i like building a diverse range of playstyles.

Talisman and Perandus are going to great for me, because there are an unprecedented number of build varieties, easier gearing helps me hit the breakpoints in those builds faster. I'm playing BV Necro, the only things I'm after are a Carcass Jack and either a Voidbringer or a Mali's. After that, I'm going to start assembling gear for a crit earthquake assassin, only things I need are a Coil and an Abyssus. In fact, I'm going to buy a pile of Abyssuses and start rolling Labyrinth enchants on them. If that goes through, I'll see what other cool builds are going to be available.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

I'm going to buy a pile of Abyssuses and start rolling Labyrinth enchants on them

You realize you can overwrite enchants with new ones, right?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Cinara posted:

Firestorm just works so well because you are not near any bow nodes and won't be pathing in the direction of any of them. There's fire, elemental and spell damage nodes all around the Marauder/Templar area that are easy to grab.

You could level as Spark or any spell really, and skip the fire nodes until you swap to EA.

I leveled my EA Scion as Firestorm/Flametotem and it was extremely easy and smooth. You can swap pretty early if you want also, pick up Blood Magic and Elemental Equilibrium and you're good to go.

Bleeeeeeech. Can't even use a bow levelling up that way since you don't get bow nodes early, just maybe some attack speed. I just don't like the whole 'level up as an entirely different style then do a 180 at level 38' type of thing. Will try to suffer through it I guess.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Hooplah posted:

You realize you can overwrite enchants with new ones, right?

I'll override the spell ones, but I'll keep any which roll well with crit attack skills.

The dream is reduced earthquake duration.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Can someone invite ZippityZapZoom please

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I'm the goon with the most buttcoins in the guild and I love this league. League is good, game is good. Got a scolds to have some fun with.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

funmanguy posted:

I'm the goon with the most buttcoins in the guild and I love this league. League is good, game is good. Got a scolds to have some fun with.

Invite me buttcoinman

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pm the dude who said to pm him for an invite to get an invite

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

PMing on my phone suckkkkksssss

panda clue
May 23, 2014
i hate it when people have items i dont have

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

NecroMonster posted:

oh noes people will have nice things that's what was wrong with diablo 3 and also the free loots in WoW ruined that gaem too!

Yup, kind of reminds me with magic cards how some people have these older ultra rare cards that sit in their basement so nobody can play with them in tournaments since they don't allow proxies. Ever notice how the people who pour 60 hours into poe within the first 3 days of the league never seem to enjoy the game? I watch streams sometimes and they always log off with a sigh or a complaint. It's really depressing. I mean I know most people don't express their enjoyment by going "golly jee wilickers that was swell I'm having such a great time" but I never hear them even say like "that was loving cool" or anything even close. Whatever, gently caress em, league is fun what more do people want.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

ZenVulgarity posted:

Can someone invite ZippityZapZoom please

Got you.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The Real Foogla posted:

congrats Zadiel on finding a Headhunter, or more like a Headhunter investment fund (going IPO in chat right now)

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I'm back for the expansion, can I get an invite to the guild? Name is Therodeus. Phone posting or id IM.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
So I was doing maps when I see Cadiro eagerly trying to sell me one of his precious items. I went to him and he offered me an aegis aurora for cheap and I immediately bought it. What is this shield good for? I know its expensive but is there a build that uses this? I was thinking of selling it and buying something like shavronne's since I get to try low life builds for once unless there is something fun to use it with.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014
zadiel was disappointed to discover that there are no rare mobs in cruel izaro's room, and thus he would still not be able to kill him even with a headhunter.

• Locked thread